1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
So, after putting a model of my collection on sale at a local auction site, a foreigner living in the US contacted me and displayed interest in buying the model. (How the hell did that guy manage to find it? The whole item description is written in Chinese. :lol:) So now I have to determine the shipping costs of shipping things to the US. But before I proceed with that, I’d like to ask: what should I declare the package as in order to minimize the costs (as well as the fuss)? Also, I remember reading that you need to fill out a customs declaration form before shipping the package out. Is there anything I should take note of when filling it out?

Also, thanks for answering my question previously, @a6m5 and @AOS- .

Uh hello? Monoposto? Hyperliner??? TOONED TOYOTA MR2???!!!

*flips table* What is this no favourites you speak of?!
Not a fan. I said I did like a couple from there, nothing personal! :lol:
Another one that I got by luck:

View attachment 737950
*Wipes drool*
I don't get the hate for the original R32 casting. It's actually a damn good replica of the M's Factory demo car from back in the day:

View attachment 737973
View attachment 737974

The proportions are good and it also has full chassis detailing which a lot of the newer Skyline castings seem to omit.

Sure a (more) stock version would have been better, but it was released at a time when HW mainly focused on tuned models.

It's a shame they never released a version in a flip paint (or something close to it) and gold wheels to replicate the original.
Casting looks bricky to me. I've featured them on my blog couple of times before, but I don't care for how blocky they look(to me) in the photos either.

000 (4).JPG

Maybe it's just me, but sorry, don't really care for it. *shrug*
So, after putting a model of my collection on sale at a local auction site, a foreigner living in the US contacted me and displayed interest in buying the model. (How the hell did that guy manage to find it? The whole item description is written in Chinese. :lol:) So now I have to determine the shipping costs of shipping things to the US. But before I proceed with that, I’d like to ask: what should I declare the package as in order to minimize the costs (as well as the fuss)? Also, I remember reading that you need to fill out a customs declaration form before shipping the package out. Is there anything I should take note of when filling it out?

Also, thanks for answering my question previously, @a6m5 and @AOS-
No problem. I'm sitting this one out though. Andy's the man on this. 👍

It shouldn't be all that complicated to be frank. Your name & address, their name & address (phone numbers optional).

Declare what it is: toy cars, mark a quantity if you like. Optional: include "(no batteries)" to avoid the chance someone might think these are battery-operated toys.
Declare whatever store value theses cars are (a ball park number is sufficient honestly). Your shipment of toy cars isn't going to shake that person's economy that largely, but just don't do some painstakingly obvious low number (especially if you import into the States, because paranoid governemnt).

Whatever customs the buyer gets charged is not, and should not be on you. You do your part in declaring the item's value as truthful as you can. Whoever their customs officer is may or may not choose to slap a tax on the goods they've imported, that's totally down to their discretion. Just make sure the buyer understand that. Really though, if the stuff is under $100, it's probably not going to be a huge concern for either one of you.

Just do like SAL Registered Air. It's fairly inexpensive and arrives probably 2-4 weeks. Or whatever's the cheapest that has tracking.

It's too bad they couldn't just use Watanabes. However this is probably the first time they put 10SPs on this casting.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. GreenLight looks exceptionally ugly to me, too. M2 front end didn't impress me a whole lot, but they are TLV-like compared to these GreenLight JDM cars.

Edit: It looks like a Hakosuka kit car based on a 1980 Honda Prelude. lol

Yup. The Greenlight/ACME Parnelli Jones Mustang exclusive is beautiful and a highlight of my collection.

That could be due to Greenlight borrowing GMP/ACME's mold to make it. They've got the best casting for this model at the larger scale.

That could be due to Greenlight borrowing GMP/ACME's mold to make it. They've got the best casting for this model at the larger scale.

Hmmm. Maybe. If I understood you correctly, though, I believe the molds are Greenlights as evidenced by the included ramp trucks being the same as the standard releases.

Back