10 Rare paints for your 0/0/0 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04

• Thread starter ID_racing
  • 116 comments
I just checked my paints, there are 2 colours of Chrome Orange Metallic. The dark one, I would say it is a bit more copperish, while the other is more bright.
I got 2 different names for the lighter orange one...

Chrome Orange
Chrome Orange Metallic

But they are the same..no idea how I got them...

Chrome Orange Metallic (light)
Chrome Orange Metallic (dark)

Solved! I looked, and I have both cars in that colour, and there is NO difference at all. There are no dark and light version! :ouch:

Im sure their is a differance with mine.

I guess the only way to find out for sure is to paint two cars in the different chip shades. I have the dark and the light one, and the chip shade is definitely different. Not sure how these would look on painted cars, though. If I should get around to it, I might just paint two cars with the two different chips.

I also have:

Metalized Gray

Am looking for:

Bornit

Looking to trade 1 for 1. Am open for chip trades from the 29th (GMT), but will happily work around your schedule.

I guess the only way to find out for sure is to paint two cars in the different chip shades. I have the dark and the light one, and the chip shade is definitely different. Not sure how these would look on painted cars, though. If I should get around to it, I might just paint two cars with the two different chips.

I also have:

Metalized Gray

Am looking for:

Bornit

Looking to trade 1 for 1. Am open for chip trades from the 29th (GMT), but will happily work around your schedule.

@Outeke, I have these 2 chips, and agree they are very different: light/dark!
@docrorrg - is it 2 different shades of Chrome Orange Metallic chips you have, or the 2 Outeke is mentioning?

We can trade the Metalized Gray for the Bornit, but my first opening is 5/9 - is that ok with you?

@yoosdawg, we can trade the 6/9, is that ok? Ill send you a PM.

@docrorrg - is it 2 different shades of Chrome Orange Metallic chips you have, or the 2 Outeke is mentioning?

They're both called Chrome Orange Metallic, one is "light", the other is "dark".

We can trade the Metalized Gray for the Bornit, but my first opening is 5/9 - is that ok with you?

Actually, why don't you send me a FR, I can accept today, and then I'll send you both my Chrome Orange Metallic and the Metalized Gray within the next couple of days (then you can have a look for yourself at the two chips and the difference), and then you send me the Bornit chip on the 9th 5th? I might be able to send tomorrow. I said Monday as I tend to block my weekend slots as I never know whether I can be bothered to send anything or not.

Last edited:
2 chips of my metalized gray (also have metalized dark gray) for 2 of your Chameleon orange?

They're both called Chrome Orange Metallic, one is "light", the other is "dark".

Actually, why don't you send me a FR, I can accept today, and then I'll send you both my Chrome Orange Metallic and the Metalized Gray within the next couple of days (then you can have a look for yourself at the two chips and the difference), and then you send me the Bornit chip on the 9th? I might be able to send tomorrow. I said Monday as I tend to block my weekend slots as I never know whether I can be bothered to send anything or not.

I have 3 Chrome Orange Metallic chips, from 2 different lotuses, all the same :) so that would be interesting. I'll send a FR to you when I get home this afternoon!

@genuino, I collect up to 5 paintchips of each colour I am looking for, so I am interested in that trade, I can send the 2 Chameleon Oranges also on the 9/5

I got the yellow lupo cup car
I want 2 matt black and 3 matte black for it. Deal? I can trade Tomorro

I have 3 Chrome Orange Metallic chips, from 2 different lotuses, all the same :) so that would be interesting. I'll send a FR to you when I get home this afternoon!

@genuino, I collect up to 5 paintchips of each colour I am looking for, so I am interested in that trade, I can send the 2 Chameleon Oranges also on the 9/5

I can do 5 paintchips if you so prefer. Just let me know. I am Ok on receiving the Chameleon oranges on the 5. I will probably send mine before then.

I can do 5 paintchips if you so prefer. Just let me know. I am Ok on receiving the Chameleon oranges on the 5. I will probably send mine before then.

No, what you proposed is fine with me. Ill set the trade up later, and send you an FR this afternoon. Thanks!

Ok light blue,light red,red,brown and amg monza grau magno all matte let me know when you can trade psn jstanford124, thanks.

@Outeke, I have these 2 chips, and agree they are very different: light/dark!

@yoosdawg, we can trade the 6/9, is that ok? Ill send you a PM.

Yeah man, thats cool.

I just checked my paints, there are 2 colours of Chrome Orange Metallic. The dark one, I would say it is a bit more copperish, while the other is more bright.
I got 2 different names for the lighter orange one...

Chrome Orange
Chrome Orange Metallic

But they are the same..no idea how I got them...

Thanks guys for clearing this up, and doctorrg for sending the chips! So appareantly coming from Lotus cars, there are 3 Chrome Oranges - 1 dark and 2 seemingly identical light ones, but with different names.

Chrome Orange
Chrome Orange Metallic (light)
Chrome Orange Metallic (dark)

Lotus Evora '09 (P) Chrome Orange
Elise '96 (P) Chrome Orange Metallic (light)
Elise Sport 190 '98 (S) Chrome Orange Metallic (dark)
Esprit V8 GT '98 (S) Chrome Orange Metallic (dark)
Esprit V8 SE '98 (S) ?

Seems like the Premium Lotuses carries the light shade of Chrome Orange, and the Standards the dark shade. Does anyone know which Chrome Orange variant is carried by the Esprit V8 SE '98 (S)?

Last edited:
Lambo Nero Tenebre received from a great and always reliable trader, Oldbloke007, thanks! :) my lambos LP400 are now complete.

*NEWS* ALL AMG paints are now available.

AMG Imola grau x2
AMG le mans rot x1
AMG alubeam silber x1
AMG Daytona blau x1
AMG Monza grau magno x5

I'll give you a 1000 ticket or more if you want to for one of each AMG paint.

What section do they belong to (pearl/metallic/etc.)?

Edit: Can't check my scedule but I think I'm free when you are.
Also, you 'car shop' says you're looking for Muscle Car and Nascar Tickets, why?
They're easy obtainable in the Seasonals, or can't you dupe?

I'll give you a 1000 ticket or more if you want to for one of each AMG paint.

What section do they belong to (pearl/metallic/etc.)?

Edit: Can't check my scedule but I think I'm free when you are.
Also, you 'car shop' says you're looking for Muscle Car and Nascar Tickets, why?
They're easy obtainable in the Seasonals, or can't you dupe?

I'll take a 1000 ticket for the 5 different AMG´s, thanks.
The Imola grau is a Pearl, the alubeam silber, Daytona blau and Le Mans rot are metallics, and Monza grau magno is a Matte.

I'm no master of duping, but I believe that you will spend or use 1 day/car while duping, so I prefer trading and spend that one day pr. car that way.
Less work, more interesting.

I can book the trade on the 13. september. Is that ok with you?

Latest Posts

Back