10 tracks that PD could add to GT5 within 24 hours

• Thread starter pk3r72owns
  • 75 comments
England
England
pk3r72owns
I have created a simple image showing that using stretches of road mostly present in the game, how 10 new tracks could and should be added to the game, it seems like just adding some cones or barriers would make most of these tracks playable in the game.
Missing from my list is the Tsukuba bike version, which brings the total up to 10.

What do you think of these ideas ? are there any easy tracks I've missed out ? would you pay £5 for these as DLC ? I know i would.

iidLL.png

please excuse the spelling errors, I didn't proof read well enough and Photoshop has no spell check.

I think it's more important for them to bring back the old cut tracks and add new cars. Though these would be nice too. v1.12 maybe?

I'd love to see Spa, Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Croft, Knockhill, Motegi, Lydden Hill, Istanbul, Interlagos, Kuala Lumpar :)

I'd love to see Spa, Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Croft, Knockhill, Motegi, Lydden Hill, Istanbul, Interlagos, Kuala Lumpar :)

Those would take massive development.

Within 24 hours, we could hopefully get Motegi and at least Seatle and/or the Test Track back. There's also Pikes Peak that Red Bull eluded to shortly after GT5 came out.

I hope some of the tracks listed here will make it as part of the upcoming DLC.

C'mon PD, I've even got my checkbook ready. What's it take?

Rather than a Monza short course I'd love to be able to use the banking. That would add another two tracks, the oval itself and the old full course. Maybe some tyres could be placed along the pit straight to seperate the two sides of the track.

Rather than a Monza short course I'd love to be able to use the banking. That would add another two tracks, the oval itself and the old full course. Maybe some tyres could be placed along the pit straight to seperate the two sides of the track.

👍👍

It would take more than "24 hours" for PD to implement it however.
The banked sections aren't used for races anymore, except for occasional historical parades and some rally races (but even there cars aren't allowed to use them completely) as far as I know. They currently are in quite bad conditions. PD would need to recreate that part of the track to usable conditions.

Off-topic but here you can see pretty well how they look currently in real life:

Last edited:
I don't think PD will ever add the motorcycle layouts to GT5, as they've generally kept them separate - for example not including motorcycle layouts at Infineon or Suzuka in the past.

The banked sections aren't used for races anymore, except for occasional historical parades and some rally races (but even there cars aren't allowed to use them completely) as far as I know. They currently are in quite bad conditions. PD would need to recreate that part of the track to usable conditions.

EA managed to do a pretty decent job of recreating the old layout of Monza so it shouldn't be too big of an issue if PD decided to give it a shot. They also made a good job of the old Hockenheim Ring.

I would pay a lot of money to have these two in GT5.

Within 24 hours, we could hopefully get Motegi and at least Seatle and/or the Test Track back. There's also Pikes Peak that Red Bull eluded to shortly after GT5 came out.

I hope some of the tracks listed here will make it as part of the upcoming DLC.

C'mon PD, I've even got my checkbook ready. What's it take?

+1 for Seattle, Motegi and Test Track. Also give us Red Rock Valley, Tahiti Maze, Swiss Alps, SSR11, Infineon (maybe), Yas Marina, Apricot Hill.

And fully customisable weather and time conditions for every track (would love to blast around Grand Valley at night in the pissing rain :P )

Kaz said one day that he likes "what if" scenarios. So what if modern F1 cars would be able to blast through Monza oval? Recreating it would be really cool. Also I was really surprised that they didn't make Monza Junior variant.

I love GT5, and really appreciate work of PD, but I just can't stand missed opportunities which could make this game even better.

It would take more than "24 hours" for PD to implement it however.

Off-topic but here you can see pretty well how they look currently in real life:

It may take more than 24hrs, but I wouldn't say much more as it is just an oval. They could make it from scratch rather than use data to create it (like Fuji 70's,80's and 90's in GT4) which while less accurate is probably quicker.

Would love to know what Kaz's team are doing right now, in terms of all the old GT original tracks suck as El. Capitan and Costa d' Amalfi.

i don't claim to know a great deal about game design but i don't think its as simple as just rerouteing the course. I think that although they may appear rendered outside of the current game environment that doesn't necessarily mean that they 'exist' in the same way the current track does. They'd probably need a lot more than a day to do it. Naturally I'd welcome any new track content.

Gunsai Touge

It's easier said that done but a point to point segment of the course wouldn't be too much trouble for them would it?

Last edited:
Cape Ring
Cape Ring Inside
Cape Ring North
Cape Ring Outside
Cape Ring South

All layouts in reverse... easy enough?
mig.gif

Yes, how did I miss those ? I guess I just thought they would already be in reverse as well. This would take very little effort from PD - make it happen !

I would love more old tracks in the game. Like 1960's Fuji with the big banked corner,the Monza Oval The old Spa Francorchamps high speed road course, or maybe even then old Nurburgring. Old tracks were so much more run down and dangerous. I WANT DANGER!!!! It would be awesome to have those old tracks.

And, once again, a thread talking about something legitimately viable for PD to work on is completely derailed by a bunch of people not bothering to read the OP and treating it as a wishlist thread.

@ The OP: PD couldn't include the Moto GP layout, because the Moto GP layout and the F1 Layout aren't the same thing. They would have to completely reconstruct a couple of the turns on the track.

Everything here is illegitimately viable. But if pd used smarter/faster ways of creating car and tracks it would take them weeks to make it. Like it took T10 about a month to make hokkenheim. (i cant spell :( )

Latest Posts

Back