10 tracks that PD could add to GT5 within 24 hours

• Thread starter pk3r72owns
  • 75 comments
I know what it means but since old tracks came on topic i just thought i little input would be word. But i think it would be awesome if PD took EVERY GT track made them look a bit better and put them in the game. That would be awesome and take only a few hours each

BIG EPIC RACE TRACK

Suzuka East goes with a sharp left turn to the first 2 chicanes of Monza, going on in a fast left turn, braking heavy for NGPF's first corner, then go on until where the DTM takes the hairpin, take the hairpin, then Suzuka west, take the 130R and go into 031L, it's copy to the right and go on in Monza, do the parabolica and then the last part of the GP Strecke of the ring, but not a hairpin to the right but a left turn, then Suzuka East again.

Rather than a Monza short course I'd love to be able to use the banking. That would add another two tracks, the oval itself and the old full course. Maybe some tyres could be placed along the pit straight to seperate the two sides of the track.

But for the Monza banking, you need the actual track fromt he 60s with the fitting sceneray. Cause this section of the track is in pretty bad condition.

In the NFS S2U DLC there is a glitch which enables you to leave the track and drive on the oval :)

As a fan of classic grand prix racing, it hurts my eyes to see what happens to historic places as the Monza banking or the Südschleife :(

But for the Monza banking, you need the actual track fromt he 60s with the fitting sceneray. Cause this section of the track is in pretty bad condition.

In the NFS S2U DLC there is a glitch which enables you to leave the track and drive on the oval :)

As a fan of classic grand prix racing, it hurts my eyes to see what happens to historic places as the Monza banking or the Südschleife :(

I was just trying to think of a quick way of adding it. To do it properly there would have to be a 60's Monza with the chicanes removed etc. However I can't see why PD couldn't 'restore' the oval for GT5 like the different variations of Fuji in GT4.

Edit: BTW isn't that the footage that was used in the film Grand Prix?

They showed mountain track in FT86 trailer. It's not track-creator track. Also they showed London at night as well as unseen futuristic night track (in Citroen trailer and in very first GT5P trailer). Not to mention "Pikes Peak" spotted by Red Bull. Another thing is they can make Eiger (long one) with road, not dirt.

I was just trying to think of a quick way of adding it. To do it properly there would have to be a 60's Monza with the chicanes removed etc. However I can't see why PD couldn't 'restore' the oval for GT5 like the different variations of Fuji in GT4.

Edit: BTW isn't that the footage that was used in the film Grand Prix?

Yes it was.

But I dont want to see PD doing a half assed job (again) and just adding new ovals to the current 2011 Monza track and present us it via update. I mean, that race track deserves better. Monza banking? Ok, but only the 60s version and some classic race cars (If you want a classic monza you need classic f1 cars or atleast a old Ferrari).

iidLL.png

In number #7, there's yet another Monza variaton that PD can make:

Monza_1955.jpg

Part of this track can be seen at the starting line. You can also see it as you pass under the bridge between "Curva del Serraglio" and "Curva del Vialone."

EDIT: Never mind, NFSCARBON1 already pointed this out.

About Le Mans Bugatti layout:

The lay-out may be "rendered" and visible but it does not mean it is ready. I doubt in 24 hours PD would be able to get all data for the track and put it in. I mean yes they could have the layout but what about the surface? Bumps, texture, grip, balance, surface? That would be have to be done first.

I always wanted to see more Grand Valley options. I'm pretty amazed we haven't had these in a GT yet. Everything is there and modeled...even the track barriers they would need are all there.
GrandValley.jpg

It would take more than "24 hours" for PD to implement it however.
The banked sections aren't used for races anymore, except for occasional historical parades and some rally races (but even there cars aren't allowed to use them completely) as far as I know. They currently are in quite bad conditions. PD would need to recreate that part of the track to usable conditions.

Off-topic but here you can see pretty well how they look currently in real life:

Nice video, never seem someone drive the whole length in modern times.

It would be awesome to have a go virtually in GT5, the banking is so steep I can't run up it to grab the armco, you have to use the fences they've built to haul yourself up, then you can sit on the armco and watch the first chicane from very close. Its a shame youd have to split the main straight for the full track.

Also monza short is never used, the connecting section is just a very narrow road.

Yes, have been there at the 2007 italian GP. You have to see it to believe it.

In Grand Prix Legends I have driven this track many times, its breathtaking, but racing it with new cars would take the magic of it. You really need a old F1 car, turn the driving aids + hud off and then feel the magic.

Last edited:
I've used a break out glitch to get onto the banking and half of the first turn is modelled (but it's not properly implemented as the car stays flat). I get reset before I can get onto the last turn properly but it does seem to slope more than the first one. I might have to buy Shift 2 just to be able to drive it :)

I've used a break out glitch to get onto the banking and half of the first turn is modelled (but it's not properly implemented as the car stays flat). I get reset before I can get onto the last turn properly but it does seem to slope more than the first one. I might have to buy Shift 2 just to be able to drive it :)

Dont waste your money for this (if you only want to race at the Monza Oval).

Download the Grand Prix Legends demo and then the mods (forgot the mod names), which enable you to add own tracks. Then search for the 1966 Monza version and have fun :)

I guarantee you that you will have much more fun driving at that track with the Ferrari 312 then with any car shift 2 offers! ;)

-> Hmm, another very interesting thread about GT tracks! :dopey:

What do you think of these ideas ? are there any easy tracks I've missed out ? would you pay £5 for these as DLC ? I know i would.

iidLL.png

please excuse the spelling errors, I didn't proof read well enough and Photoshop has no spell check.
^ Here what I think:

1. London Layout 2 (aka. London Roundabout)
-> It a good idea. However; PD still has to scan those road surface depicted on your map there. Its a public street, so road surface might vary. It defeats the purpose adding this track within 24hrs.

2, 3, & 4. Suzuka's Layout

-> I already mentioned these layouts on the <MISSSING TRACKS> thread. ;)

5. Bugatti Circuit
-> Good idea? YES. Can be added within 24hrs? NO.

6. Unknown Sarthe Section
-> *See above*

7. Monza Oval Short
-> That track reminds me of this one:

Twin Ring Motegi West Course
twin_ring_motegi_west_165x168.gif

8. Indianapolis Road Course Bike/Moto GP Variation
-> It might be a great addition in TT2 and GT6. But, I have a very bad gut feeling that PD might ignore this layout. In the brightest side thou, they did it on Tsukuba and Suzuka.

9. Special Stage Route 7 Short
-> Since SSR7 is tecnically an incomplete/unfinished track, it would be possible. But in my best opinion, PD should bring back SSR11 and other more significant PD-created tracks first.

Would love to know what Kaz's team are doing right now, in terms of all the old GT original tracks suck as El. Capitan and Costa d' Amalfi.
^ Please care to explain your most detailed reason why. And I'm afraid that you're a minority here. :indiff:

Cape Ring
Cape Ring Inside
Cape Ring North
Cape Ring Outside
Cape Ring South

All layouts in reverse... easy enough?
mig.gif
^ Totally! :sly:

In number #7, there's yet another Monza variaton that PD can make:

Monza_1955.jpg

Part of this track can be seen at the starting line. You can also see it as you pass under the bridge between "Curva del Serraglio" and "Curva del Vialone."
^ Hmm, I might add this Monza 10,000/Assoluto on my >MISSING< Tracks thread! The possibility on it is very possible! 👍

I always wanted to see more Grand Valley options. I'm pretty amazed we haven't had these in a GT yet. Everything is there and modeled...even the track barriers they would need are all there.
GrandValley.jpg
^ Hmm, they seem to be yummy! :dopey:

-> Oooohhh, lemmie name 'em!! :drool:

-Grand Valley Race Course Type.A-

-Grand Valley Race Course Type.B-

^ I really haven't thought of that! Good job sir! :sly:👍

^ Hmm, I might add this Monza 10,000/Assoluto on my >MISSING< Tracks thread! The possibility on it is very possible! 👍
It should really simply be Monza '50s (Combined course), following the naming used for Fuji in GT4, for example (Fuji '80s, 90's, etc). Other variations would be named Monza '50s (GP) for the normal road circuit and Monza '50s (Anello Alta Velocità) for the oval.

^ Ah, I like that!

-Monza '50s Combinazione-

-Monza '50s GP-

-Monza '50s Anello Alta Velocità-

-> Also, you forgot Fuji Speedway '70s:

FujiSpeedway.gif

fuji5.jpg

fuji.gif

fuji16.jpg

-By Motoharu "Gan-San" Kurosawa-

:sly:

Last edited:
What about variations from London, Madrid, Rome and Tokyo, since the nearby streets are modelled I don't see too much problem in making them part of an integral track (with a little bit of tweaking).

Monza_1955.jpg

The coolest Monza layout I've ever seen! :D

I would want this so bad in GT5...... As well as classic f1 DLC. :Drool:
but another good idea would just be an open configuration for free running. Have no walls blocking parts of the track and you can drive everywhere on it.

Seems like Turn 10 have dropped 'Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe - Bugatti Circuit' from Forza 4, although the full circuit is still in. Would be good if PD could add it in somehow (although doubt it).

I have created a simple image showing that using stretches of road mostly present in the game, how 10 new tracks could and should be added to the game, it seems like just adding some cones or barriers would make most of these tracks playable in the game.
Missing from my list is the Tsukuba bike version, which brings the total up to 10.

What do you think of these ideas ? are there any easy tracks I've missed out ? would you pay £5 for these as DLC ? I know i would.

please excuse the spelling errors, I didn't proof read well enough and Photoshop has no spell check.

Great post. Sad that a few people are taking you literally and trying to correct you by saying 'well they couldnt be done in 24 hours'. I get your point and I think PD could make a few new-ish tracks with substantially less work than starting one from scratch. I would pay $5-10 for some variations on current tracks but I would definitely pay $20-30 for a few all-new tracks.

Sad that a few people are taking you literally and trying to correct you by saying 'well they couldnt be done in 24 hours'.

People overlooked the part on the top:
iidLL.png

It says "probably a lot longer but not much effort would be required." He is trying to say that it shouldn't take that long to make a new variation of a track.

Polyphony could add in 24 hours (or in a short time) these two configurations (and the drag strip) from Top Gear Test Track:
(See maps in attached .zip first)

1.The Top gear short circuit-used in earlier Top Gear challenges:
(See Top Gear Short Circuit.jpg in .zip attachment)

From 0:45-3:45

2.The other half can be used to create another variation:
(See Top Gear Short Circuit 2.jpg in .zip attachment)

3.The Runway (As seen in the GT5 license tests) can be substituted:
For drag racing:

From 5:45-6:35

And Slaloms:

From 3:32-5:28

And of course, wet weather and day/night transition would take longer to implement

Attachments

• Top Gear Short Circuits.zip
    310.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

First GPL gave us the 1967 version of Monza with no way of using the oval/combined layout without mods.

Then GT5 modelled the oval without making it a track model.

Then Shift 2 includes the oval, you can use it simply by punching through the hay bales, but the times don't count and you can't race it that way.

We know it would be an awesome experience to race on a simple 1950s Monza without chicanes because the old version of Monza was the place for overtaking in its day (and arguably, the chicaned layout still is), with many close finishes.

So, the big question:

What the hell is holding game developers back from including this?

-> ...
Great post. Sad that a few people are taking you literally and trying to correct you by saying 'well they couldnt be done in 24 hours'. I get your point and I think PD could make a few new-ish tracks with substantially less work than starting one from scratch.

People overlooked the part on the top:

=Pic=

It says "probably a lot longer but not much effort would be required." He is trying to say that it shouldn't take that long to make a new variation of a track.
^ I'm not trying to discourage the fellow; in fact, I applaud his efforts! :indiff:

I would pay $5-10 for some variations on current tracks but I would definitely pay $20-30 for a few all-new tracks.
^ And what do you mean, All-New tracks? :odd:

-> I'd rather see PD exhaust their efforts on bringing back ALL past GT tracks that weren't featured in GT5! :grumpy:

Inferno251 -> That seems like a good idea! 👍

So, the big question:

What the hell is holding game developers back from including this?
^ I begging for the same question too. :(

Latest Posts

Back