1000 Club Expansion, additional 250GS

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 103 comments
So to sort of wrap up everything in the first game before FH2 arrives, I've completed 1000 Club with every car except the pre-order DLC pack and three unicorns. My total is 1100 medals and I'm listed among just ~480 people who made it that far. :)

Of all the cars I didn't already own before I began, I think the most pleasant surprise would be the Eagle Speedster. It's balanced and rotates nicely, it makes a nice noise, and it actually looks nicer in action than I expected. The worst would absolutely be the trio of Ford Raptors. They tackle corners and accelerate like a brick building on wheels, and their natural state is to be rolled over on their side.

I saw @Master Weasel has been working on 1000 Club. Anyone else getting back into this game before we jet off for the vineyards of southern Europe?

I've been thinking about playing it a bit again. I have a few more 1000 club medals left to obtain. Plus, it's just so darn fun.

I put it back in yesterday as I've just moved in with my fiancé and we have my 360 on the living room TV, but I've no inclination to do the 1000 club. Kudos to those who do, though. Real dedication.

I'm tempted to go back to the first one. However I would like to play with friends and most of my friends got bored with the game.

I've still been playing it here and there, it's still fun to me. My 4 year old loves it too. Except he likes to drive with traffic and park his car in random driveways he spots along the road lol.

I've been tackling the 1000 club challenges but probably won't finish before FH2 arrives.

I'm not at home to check the final medal tally, but I did finish the 1000 Club with every car except the one unicorn I didn't have, the Saleen S5S.

So to sort of wrap up everything in the first game before FH2 arrives, I've completed 1000 Club with every car except the pre-order DLC pack and three unicorns. My total is 1100 medals and I'm listed among just ~480 people who made it that far. :)

Of all the cars I didn't already own before I began, I think the most pleasant surprise would be the Eagle Speedster. It's balanced and rotates nicely, it makes a nice noise, and it actually looks nicer in action than I expected. The worst would absolutely be the trio of Ford Raptors. They tackle corners and accelerate like a brick building on wheels, and their natural state is to be rolled over on their side.

I saw @Master Weasel has been working on 1000 Club. Anyone else getting back into this game before we jet off for the vineyards of southern Europe?

Congrats on finishing. I passed you on the leaderboard at one point but it didn't last very long. :P

I'm in the 800 range right now. The only problem I'm having is that there are still some expensive cars that I don't own yet, so at some point, I'll be forced to interrupt my progress to do street races for money. Hopefully, I can be done just in time for Horizon 2.

Yeah, I ran a fair number of street races to get there. Over $100k per run wasn't bad, but I might not have needed the money if I had kept everything I ever earned instead of throwing it away to keep Alice quiet (before the update that silenced her). :indiff:

I havent played this since the month it came out and was thinking of throwing it back in again to gain a few more Forza rewards. Seems a lot has happened. Unfortunately I gave away most of my cars when I stopped playing so I guess that gives me something to build up again.

Is there really an update that silenced Alice? If so, I'll give it a run again as she was one of the things that drove me away.

Is there really an update that silenced Alice?
Yes. Well, not silenced, but she only pops up once in a great while now. Nowadays you can play for an hour or two and not hear her.

Yeah might have to get back to it for some cruises before Forza Horizon2.

So yeah, I kinda just now learned that this expansion is a thing... :lol:

Pretty cool free expansion, but the free part is slightly disingenuous considering that a number of the challenges require DLC cars, locking us base game plebs out of some of this "free" expansion's achievements.

Also, challenges seem to reset in between events which is kinda lame. Did a race with the FR-S not really trying to do any of the 1000 Club challenges, but got 2 out of 3 great drifts knocked out... only to have it reset back to 0 after I finished the race. Maybe it was just because I drove to the event in a different car and switched into the FR-S for the race, meaning that when I decided to stick with the FR-S post-race it technically counted as changing cars and that's why it wiped the counter (since I imagine it doesn't keep track of these in-between car swaps). Still annoying, since I rarely drive to an event in the car I intend to use for said event.

Even if you bought all the DLC, the top scores are reserved for those who collected all the unicorns.

The challenges are slightly buggy/finicky, probably because of how they were tacked onto the game in response to complaints about the game's length. Most of them are really quick to finish, though.

Even if you bought all the DLC, the top scores are reserved for those who collected all the unicorns.

Not only the unicorns, but also the 2 promo Mustangs, which were arguably even harder to get.

Back