100000 Club

• Thread starter route_66
  • 725 comments
Phil, if you can figure out what all those members have done, besides getting >= 100K points, them I'm happy to add you to the list. And no this is not a trick question.AMG.

psst.gif
Pssst. Rob, check his signature! :)

Would she have made that deal if she had realised that you'll have to drive 3.5 hours a day to complete a 24 hour race in under a week?

:lol::lol:I have coughed my lungs out over this.:lol::lol: She does know that it means a flipping lot of driving (approx 93hrs left). She says i can start on friday night and do a good stint (4hrs) then Saturday and Sunday do 6 - 8 hrs each day, then finish the rest of Monday and Tuesday. Thank my lucky stars for older tv shows coming out on dvd.

ANK
If you won a race for 10 points then you would get 10 points.
If you ran the same race again for 12 points you would only get the extra 2 points.
Clearing the race makes absolutley no difference to points you are awarded it only clears your medal not the points.
I think i made that a bit clearer?

yup, thats much clearer

New screen shots as promised with updated points total now being 110,213

Left to do as at 22nd May 2008
all 4 for 1000 Miles event
4 Enduro's (3x24h / 4hr mx5) currently running sarthe II, 2 hours in a lap infront of sauber. :)

Attachments

• GT4 Garage.jpg
    GT4 Garage.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 21
  • GT4 Status.jpg
    GT4 Status.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 22
111,813 Baby!!!

Some Highlights:

24 hours Sarthe I
- Drove the Mazda 787B
- Done in two sittings, 7.5 hours one night, 16.5 hours the next day.
- Fastest lap 3:08.381.
- 428 laps complete, up by 23 laps.
- After losing interest, drove the rest of the race in the small window of picture in picture while watching TV.

24 hours Sarthe II
- Drove the Mazda 787B
- Fastest lap 2:56.345.
- After losing interest, drove the rest of the race in the small window of picture in picture while watching TV.
- Also spent many hours blocking the Sauber and Minolta Toyota so my teammate (the other 787B) would come in second. Blocked the Sauber so well that he finished 5th.

24 hours Nurburgring
- Drove the Suzuki GSX-R4 (202 hp)
- Fastest lap 6:49.063, Fastest outlap 6:53.091, Fastest inlap 7:11.298 (think I actually did a 7:10.xxx), Fastest 3 laps 20:58.751.
- 202 laps complete, 9 laps up on the A4
- Lost interest in this race after about 12 hours and really struggled to even keep on track. Driving while watching TV at the same time helped. I could consistently run 3 lap sets under 21:15 no problem when I was still interested. It was actually difficult to run a 3 lap set under 21:30 when I just didn't care anymore.

Attachments

• 111813 BABY.JPG
    111813 BABY.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 111813 BABY11.JPG
    111813 BABY11.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 40
OK I get you now. Thing is Route_66 doesn't visit GTP a lot anymore. In fact most who have either reached 100K or max have since then not been active in this forum.

I know what you mean - I have been much less active on GTP as a whole since reaching my target of 111,111 points last year.

Links go to pictures showing >=100K points
Points reflect current status (compiled 2 December 2007)

Any chance of an update to the current points standings of those with less than maximum? It has been around six months since the last update, and I'd like to think of this as my final score.

Home.jpgStatus.jpg

Hey to all you A spec nutters.(looks like there are still a few around)

BIG CONGRATS:cheers: to all who have upped there totals and SPECIAL CONGRATS :cheers: to RJV, -W- and phil5 :cheers: for reaching the pinnacle/MAX points.

Havn't been here in quite awhile. Nice to see a few more determined players are slugging away and some have endured to completion.

Just happened to be back looking at the GT5 P thread and thought I'd stop in (as you might have guessed, 2 golds to go).
Looking forward to the full game. I hear it won't have the A spec point feature. Makes me kinda sad.........also........kinda glad.

Well, hang in there guys. Even if I'm not around, I'm still pullin for ya. 👍

Still not quite in the 100,000 club, but thought I'd post a progress update since I've just hit a relatively significant milestone! Passed the 80000 A-spec barrier just a few minutes ago when I won the last event in Dream Car Championship that I hadn't got 200 points in before, namely Race 6 at Test Curse. :yuck: Won by just 0.055s from a Ford GT LM Race Car. :eek:
(Also have Ford GT LM Spec-II Race Car, Pagani Zonda LM Race Car, Nissan GT-R LM Race Car and Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car in the mix for this run through the championship, and my stock Toyota (pictured) with downforce at 24/44 and R2 tyres is good for 200 A-spec points per race! :D)

Now have just 95 cars left to buy and drive, and still as yet haven't used any car more than once (in a single race or championship) and still no NOS at all! 👍

Some screenshots:
80000aspecyw5.jpg
80000aspec2dw3.jpg

Big congratulations on hitting that milestone, Smallhorses. 👍 What a phenomenal way to complete this game. I myself lack the patience and skills to do everything stock, without nitrous, and without the Ram and GSX-R/4. But kudos to you for your outstanding driving. And with a great win percent and number of days (I'm assuming you don't constantly reset your console!). Have you still done everything in stock cars? And do you think you'll ever hit 100000 without B-Spec, repeats, or nitrous?

I've not done absolutely everything in stock cars, some cars needed modifying to stand a chance of winning a race, e.g. Honda Today G, VW Beetle '49, Fiat 500s. However I'd say I'd done more than 90% of my races in stock rides.
I do reset the console an awful lot to keep the number of days down and the win % up. :guilty:
I'm gunning for as close as I can get to 100,000 before I have to resort to NOS, but hopefully I won't need it. Once I've driven every vehicle in the game at least once, then I can go back for races I've left points behind at in repeated rides, e.g. Dodge Ram in Sport Truck Races, Chaparral 2J in many of Real Circuit Tours, BMW M5 in Supercar Festival etc. and only then will I start tuning or switching to N tyres to try and hit the magic milestone.
I won't get to 111,813 though as my B-spec stats shall remain 0-0-0-0 forever! :D

.....I won't get to 111,813 though as my B-spec stats shall remain 0-0-0-0 forever! :D

Congrats on 80k without NOS and mostly stock.

I know it sounds a little dopey, and i haven't tried it myself, but have you tried, like the GT3 "cheat", strapping rubber bands on the controller, or placing a brick on the accelerator around the test track to wear out rides?.

Just a thought :sly:

Congrats little Equus caballuses, thats a mighty fine score. :cheers: I should be using words like epic and awesome as these words seem to be in vogue on GTP lately.

I'll update #222 next year or so, me thinks. ;)

AMG.

(The picture is a bit crappy but I think it's quite readable)

Getting there! This is just my entry to the 100000 club. I'm not done yet! What's left is the five longest enduros, roadster 4h, and SS150.

By the way, this is one beaten and battered gamesave. I didn't start fresh when I did the A-Spec hunt, so I have many more B-Spec points than I would had I not done the five longest enduros and a few S-license races that I wasn't yet able to race. And my win % was only 77.x% before I started, so I'm not that bad. :)

I just reached 90,000 points, and 100%👍.
I'm following the same "rules" as Smallhorses, no NOS, no B-spec, stock cars if possible and clean racing.
That means I've done all manufacturers races, except Opel Speedster, Pug 206 and the Clio-cup using stock cars with S2 tires. So I've probably left quite a lot of points there, 2000 maybe.
In addition, I'd say there's 1000 points left in FGT, another 1000 in the special conditions hall, 1000 more in the various classics-races and 1000 left in the European and Japanese halls
Still, I don't think I'll make it to 100,000 without NOS, 96,000 seems a more realistic goal right now..:grumpy:

Finally did it! :) Better late than never I suppose... I now humbly request admittance to the 100k club.

A little victory speech if I may… :) got to think of something whilst driving on auto-pilot on the enduros:
It's been an interesting journey, but one that I look back on with accomplishment. Thank you route_66 for devising this challenge, it certainly made playing GT4 a lot more fun.

I would also like to thank Nige for his continued help and support and AMG & Pimusse38 for their excellent record of their 100k journeys, it certainly proved helpful.

For those still in pursuit of the quest, I would encourage you to keep going and not give up!!! If I can do it, then you can too!! Good luck and may you attain the 100k and have a lot of fun in the process..

I have 51 races still at 0pts...I don’t think that I will go for the 111,813, unless I can tighten the suspension on the Maclaren in mission 34 :) major kudos for those that have attained 111,813! 👍

Attachments

• GT4_100k_Garage_View.jpg
    GT4_100k_Garage_View.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 19
  • GT4_100k_Status_View.jpg
    GT4_100k_Status_View.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I now humbly request admittance to the 100k club.

Well done pegasus, it's a nice milestone to reach. :cheers:

alhajoth, I have faith in you that you will reach it or get quite close to it withour resorting to the "other" tactics. Hang in there :tup

AMG.

Thanks AMG for your good wishes.

I am glad that you are keeping this thread alive... I was hoping that I was not too late to complete the quest after my (long) break at 50k. Came back though after getting a little frustrated at the GT5P penalty system (where you get a penalty even if the AI cars rams into the back of you as you break for a turn).

Last edited:
May I ask for admittance to the 100000 Club. I finally made it last night after way over one year of playing. It was a lot of fun and it would have been impossible without this forum. So many thanks to all who filled this folder with so much helpful information.
For now I say good bye to the a-spec hunt, focus on licenses before I try to increase my percentage. I won't ever make it to 100%, but there is still some stuff I can do (like the Formula GT Grand Prix).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=65875&stc=1&d=1221146483

Attachments

• 100000.JPG
    100000.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Back