100000 Club

• Thread starter route_66
  • 725 comments
Thanks Austin343 and Open Addict.

I just felt I had to post when I reached this milestone. I've been shooting for it ever since I passed the 100k mark and realized my driving skills had improved with age (though eventually this may reverse).:yuck:

I have just checked my spreadsheet for races where I have not won the maximum points on offer, and I think it might be possible to reach 111k, so expect to continue to hear from me!

As for your offered help - Would it count if I drove the practice laps and one of you drove the races for me?

Respectfully
GTsail290

Congratulations 👍 on your recent high mark of 110,000 pts.

With your skills now well honed and the wealth of information present on these races, I have no doubt you will succeed in reaching the Max point total.
Onward and upward!

Thanks for the '111813' congratulations, guys.
I actually miss the A-Spec quest, not that I have time for it nowadays.
I might just start a new quest in December, that's if I don't have GT5

Congratulations on achieving 110k, Gtsail290 👍
Once you reach 110k, you can definitely reach maximum
These last few races will be hardest though. However, GTPlanet has all the information you need if you get stuck. or frustrated.

I forgot, I can also get another 110 easy points at the 4 hour Miata Roadster race (I only have 37 pts there, and using Smallhorses lineup/setup I could get another easy 110 pts) end of edit.

It may be good practice to do the race for less than 200, but why not go for the full 200? It is more difficult, but at least the race will be over and done, and you won't need to deal with the A.I on your tail more than once. Once was enough for me.

I'm glad to see a lot of members are still going for maximum. Austin343, Dotini, Uncle Harry and Gtsail290 are all on the main straight to maximum. We could have 20 members in the 111813 club by the end of the year.
Austin343, any progress on the last 200 point race?

Last edited:
Congratulations on achieving 110k, Gtsail290 👍
Once you reach 110k, you can definitely reach maximum
These last few races will be hardest though. However, GTPlanet has all the information you need if you get stuck. or frustrated.

It may be good practice to do the race for less than 200, but why not go for the full 200? It is more difficult, but at least the race will be over and done, and you won't need to deal with the A.I on your tail more than once. Once was enough for me.

I'm glad to see a lot of members are still going for maximum. Austin343, Dotini, Uncle Harry and Gtsail290 are all on the main straight to maximum. We could have 20 members in the 111813 club by the end of the year.

Thanks Tizocspeed8

As for going straight to the 200 point tune, I acknowledge that this might be quicker for someone with your impressive driving skills:bowdown: However, for myself, I find that I need the practice first to have any chance of beating the tough races. So I will usually over-tune the car (add extra HP or reduce the ballast) and run the race once or twice before attempting the 200 point race (first at say 180 pts, and then again at 190 pts). Though this depends upon the track and how difficult the race is. Of course, for something difficult like the Aston Martin One Make Races at Hong Kong and Autumn Ring, I started at about 170 A-spec points and ran the race in 2 point intervals from 170 to 200.:crazy::ill: As for Austin343's progress, I imagine that he has already beaten the 4 hour Roadster race, but hasn't yet posted his results because he is within 10 seconds of beating the race while driving his Miata backwards around Tsukuba (the better to see the trailing cars that need to be blocked).:)

GTsail290

As for Austin343's progress, I imagine that he has already beaten the 4 hour Roadster race, but hasn't yet posted his results because he is within 10 seconds of beating the race while driving his Miata backwards around Tsukuba (the better to see the trailing cars that need to be blocked).:)

Actually, GTsail, I've already won the Roadster race, and it really wasn't too bad for me once I found a setup that sufficiently conserved tires. I posted an extensive (i.e. too long) report in the Endurance Races thread a while ago. My last 200 points are in the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, for which I already have the car and lineup I will use (stock BMW M5 on S1 tires against the M3, A4, etc. :D) but not the uninterrupted PS2 time. My sister recently got a new game that she plays regularly yet infrequently, a frustrating combination because it will take a long time for her to finish and yet will not allow a 24 hour race to fit in between sessions. :banghead: I believe GT5 will be out by the time I am able to do the race, which will probably take about three weeks once I have the opportunity to begin, but I will get it done.

Actually, GTsail, I've already won the Roadster race, and it really wasn't too bad for me once I found a setup that sufficiently conserved tires. I posted an extensive (i.e. too long) report in the Endurance Races thread a while ago. My last 200 points are in the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, for which I already have the car and lineup I will use (stock BMW M5 on S1 tires against the M3, A4, etc. :D) but not the uninterrupted PS2 time. My sister recently got a new game that she plays regularly yet infrequently, a frustrating combination because it will take a long time for her to finish and yet will not allow a 24 hour race to fit in between sessions. :banghead: I believe GT5 will be out by the time I am able to do the race, which will probably take about three weeks once I have the opportunity to begin, but I will get it done.

Austin343 - I stand corrected.:dunce: Sorry I overlooked your post. I will go back and read it because I will need all the help I can get in the Roadster race!

You have just the 24 hour Nurburgring race to do? Nice! What a great race to have for the last 200 points! It should be a piece of cake for you! Perhaps its time to get a second PS2?

Happy A-spec hunting
GTsail290

Like to put my name in Club 100,000 now.:D

Was over 99,600 so did 2 races with the BMW 120I to take me over 100,000 points. Not for 200 points sadly but it is a milestone for me and I couldn't wait.:)

Attached a couple of shots of my stats, if you are wondering I do not have a 100% win record, I have lost many races but I like my 100% stat so if I lose I reset and do it again until I win. Pointless but it's the way I am. Also attached my Excel spreadsheet, you will notice I have some very long races left to do.:(

Might take a few days off from the game now as it has been getting played constantly, not too long though or I may forget how to play it.:dopey:

Attachments

• snapshot20090922160859.jpg
    snapshot20090922160859.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 29
  • snapshot20090922160926.jpg
    snapshot20090922160926.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 34
  • excel_database.zip
    31.8 KB · Views: 20
Hmm seems like you didn't find the small print then in Route's thread. Basically it boils down to this.
You need to pay an admin fee of USD 500 + an edit post #222 fee @ USD 100 and USD 5 for every character
including non printable characters needed to add your entry to the list.

I apologise for not exactly remembering which post it is mentioned in but I'm sure you'll find it.
Code:
Admin		500
Edit		100
Chars 70 x 5	350
		---
Total		950 USD

I'll send you a PM with my details. Oh, and you also forgot to ask in a humble way.:grumpy:

Nah, I'm only messing with you. Congrats on this feat :cheers:

AMG.

Hmm seems like you didn't find the small print then in Route's thread. Basically it boils down to this.
You need to pay an admin fee of USD 500 + an edit post #222 fee @ USD 100 and USD 5 for every character
including non printable characters needed to add your entry to the list.

I apologise for not exactly remembering which post it is mentioned in but I'm sure you'll find it.
Code:
Admin		500
Edit		100
Chars 70 x 5	350
		---
Total		950 USD

AMG.

You forgot the fee for the power it takes to keep your PC running so you could post that.::dunce:

Was over 99,600 so did 2 races with the BMW 120I to take me over 100,000 points. Not for 200 points sadly but it is a milestone for me and I couldn't wait.:)

Attached a couple of shots of my stats, if you are wondering I do not have a 100% win record, I have lost many races but I like my 100% stat so if I lose I reset and do it again until I win. Pointless but it's the way I am. Also attached my Excel spreadsheet, you will notice I have some very long races left to do.:(

"BIG CONGRATS" to you nemesis01 👍 :cheers: 👍

I'm looking forward to having you in the Max pt. club with a 100% win percentage.

Might take a few days off from the game now as it has been getting played constantly, not too long though or I may forget how to play it.:dopey:

No doubt ,it is a grueling proposition. I took several breaks during my quest, one for almost 3 months. (a little too long) You have to sometimes.

Whew, AMG you had me worried there for a second. I thought maybe you had fallen victim to a nasty doink on the head, some mood altering meds, or something. Worst yet, you may have suffered irreversible psychological damage from the RGT episode. :lol:

I was falling of the chair when I read AMG.'s post.

Congrats to nemesis01 for the 100k milestone. The problem I found when taking time off of GT4, I started to get the shakes and became a little grumpy.
I started playing again, and that went away. Funny that.

Fantastic Job Nemesis01!

Well done with the 100% win percentage:tup:

A short break is a good idea. I bet you will be able to stay away for a whole week!

Your B-spec Bob is sadly lacking in skills. Perhaps you can let him have some fun at Nurburgring while you are taking some time off.

GTsail290

Fantastic Job Nemesis01!

Well done with the 100% win percentage:tup:

A short break is a good idea. I bet you will be able to stay away for a whole week!

Your B-spec Bob is sadly lacking in skills. Perhaps you can let him have some fun at Nurburgring while you are taking some time off.

GTsail290

Well, no time off at all really. Never done a 24HR endurance race myself before so am about 8 hours into one now so still at it. As for Bob, not really bothered about his skills as I do all the races myself anyway, he only comes out when I need a car running down.👍

May I humbly ask, also to have my name put to the Club 100.000 please.:)

I reached the milestone with my first 24h race at Sarthe II this weekend. Finished the race about an hour ago and surpassed a very scary moment, when the power was off in the house about 10 minutes ago. Lucky me.

Watching my screenshots you will recognize, that I didn´t pay too much attention to the licences so far. This will have to wait. Also my winning percentage is rather poor in comparison to the most of you. The reason for that is, that I´m playing with just one card, all the testing and wearing down cars is done on this card. And I never switch off the PS when I´m loosing a race just to keep a good winning percentage.

Still a lot of "work" to do: 13 missions and over 30 races with 0 points so far to do. But now I´m happy with my first milestone. It took me almost 9 month.

Attachments

• DSC09558.JPG
    DSC09558.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC09560.JPG
    DSC09560.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 27
Good going there Tetraeder, only just got 'in the club' myself.:)

Always surprised though when I see that people leave the licenses & driving missions while last. I have started GT4 several times from scratch and have always done things in this order:

All licenses for gold
Driving missions
Special conditions

I do it this way because doing the licenses get's you some nice cars which can be used for some races early on to get you more money, same with the driving missions plus they give you a good cash boost and it gives you good experience for later in the game where the races get tougher.

Anyway congrats on your acheivement.:)

Good going to both Tetraeder and nemesis01.👍 100K in 9 months is really moving right along!

I agree that that getting licenses, driving missions and special conditions satisfied first is the ideal way. I wish that I had known, and had the requisite discipline. But I was like the typical kid let loose in the candy store, and went wild stuffing myself with all the temptations. Even so, I'm glad to have discovered GT4 for myself and to be sharing my experiences with all the great enthusiasts here. It's a surprisingly deep game, full of possibilities for years of entertainment. And I firmly believe my real world kart racing has improved due to this superb game.

May I humbly ask, also to have my name put to the Club 100.000 please.:)

I reached the milestone with my first 24h race at Sarthe II this weekend. Finished the race about an hour ago and surpassed a very scary moment, when the power was off in the house about 10 minutes ago. Lucky me.

Watching my screenshots you will recognize, that I didn´t pay too much attention to the licences so far. This will have to wait. Also my winning percentage is rather poor in comparison to the most of you. The reason for that is, that I´m playing with just one card, all the testing and wearing down cars is done on this card. And I never switch off the PS when I´m loosing a race just to keep a good winning percentage.

Still a lot of "work" to do: 13 missions and over 30 races with 0 points so far to do. But now I´m happy with my first milestone. It took me almost 9 month.

Congratatulations!!

Nice Work Tetraeder!

I have been anticipating your post since you've been making such great progress recently.

Its nice to have another A-spec nutter join the 100k ranks. It seems to me that we have had a recent uptick in interest in this milestone!

I wouldn't worry about the Licenses, but definitely take a break from the 200 A-spec hunt and go back and knock off the Missions. They are all quite interesting and reward you with some new cars.

Happy A-spec hunting

GTsail290

Thank you guys for the nice words. I really appreciate it.

Probably you are right with doing the licences and missions first in order to get some practice and experience. I just didn´t really know the structure of the game in the beginning. It´s my first racing game and I originally got it for my kids together with the PS last christmas. And look who is playing now.:dunce:

And yes, I will take a break from the a-spec hunt now for a while and concentrate a little on the missions and the licences. I really need a change now to keep the spirit up.

But this forum and you guys are really a big help in two matters: keeping up the spirit and sharing all your knowledge with the others. Without the forum I would have never made it to the 100k points. Thank you for your support.

Thank you guys for the nice words. I really appreciate it.

Probably you are right with doing the licences and missions first in order to get some practice and experience. I just didn´t really know the structure of the game in the beginning. It´s my first racing game and I originally got it for my kids together with the PS last christmas. And look who is playing now.:dunce:

And yes, I will take a break from the a-spec hunt now for a while and concentrate a little on the missions and the licences. I really need a change now to keep the spirit up.

But this forum and you guys are really a big help in two matters: keeping up the spirit and sharing all your knowledge with the others. Without the forum I would have never made it to the 100k points. Thank you for your support.

That's how I got into GT4 too. I gave it to my nephew as a christmas present a couple years ago and got hooked up myself. All of a sudden I changed my mind about video games and my son got 'his' PS2 much earlier than planned.
Glueckwunsch for reaching the 100k.

By the way the missions add up nicely to your points too.

I've finally reached the maximum, and humbly request acceptance into the 111813 club. Thanks to all in this thread whose help I have used, without whom reaching maximum would not have been possible. I did this race on Saturday (27 June) already, but my game completion wasn't at 100% because I'd done the Formula GT and 1000 Miles in Single race as opposed to championship. So this week I completed them in Championship mode to reach 100%, the second time I've completed the game.

I'm glad and also a bit sad that its over. I'm gonna miss the bashing, blocking, struggling and ranting to obtain max points. Maybe I'll start over on a new memory card, to keep myself busy for the next three weeks.
Once again, thanks to all whose advice (and videos) I used, and good luck to those still going for max.
Bravo tizocspeed8 !

phil5

Finally, after what seems like an eternity, I have reached 100,000 points!
I think the last 5,000 took more time than the first 95,000 put together..

Two 👍👍 to all the guys in here, I've probably used information from each and every one of you at some point.

I've gotten there without using NOS or B-spec, and I've strived hard to keep it clean.
I must admit to having RAMmed the truck-races, the PD-cup and some of the easy tarmac rallies in the spec-hall. That's my next task, going back and doing those races over in proper cars.

Special mention goes to Smallhorses. Having had a 'companion' along the way, playing by the same rules, has been a great motivating factor.

I've kept notes of all cars used in all the races I've done, if anyone would like me to post them, let me know.

img2428y.jpg

Special mention goes to Smallhorses. Having had a 'companion' along the way, playing by the same rules, has been a great motivating factor.

Glad to see you got there first too! :cheers: Congratulations Anders, I know how much effort this takes! 👍
I'm still lagging behind at 98117 points, but I've got some good ideas of where I can cleanly pick up the remaining points, I'm just sorely lacking the time at the moment.

All stock? if Im not mistaken....

AMG.

Almost, but not quite.
Even for us non-NOSsers, modifications & ballast weight do become necessary in the final push for points, especially in some of the Manufacturer races. :guilty:

Profound admiration goes to alhajoth and all others who achieve high goals with such outstanding self-discipline and skill.

Many roads may lead to Rome. Let us honor those who choose the high way.👍

Profound admiration goes to alhajoth and all others who achieve high goals with such outstanding self-discipline and skill.

Many roads may lead to Rome. Let us honor those who choose the high way.👍

As usual very well said.

Yes, by all means!
👍 :cheers: 👍

Back