101st Indianapolis 500- 28 May 2017Open Wheel 

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 542 comments
IMG_2433.jpg

Had Alonso not retired he probably would've finished a good 5th. He was getting eaten up in the last 30 laps but he did start to push forward nicely.

Woot! for Sato, Andretti and Honda. Jolly good show at the Brickyard. Helio might have had his 4th, but his Chevy lacked beans.

Also very impressive 3rd for Ed Jones (R) in a Dale Coyne Honda.

First time watching a full race, it was alright but it would be so much better if they scrapped the adverts and didn't bring out the safety car every time someone used a tear-off.

IndyCar isn't NASCAR. They only called full course cautions for actual debris such as broken winglets.
Was it Hunter-Reay who brought out the safety car when he broke down? He didn't even stop on track and the safety car was out for about 6 laps, it seemed like they wanted any excuse to plaster the screen with more ads.

Was it Hunter-Reay who brought out the safety car when he broke down? He didn't even stop on track and and safety car was out for about 6 laps, it seemed like they wanted any excuse to plaster the screen with more ads.
That's because a blown engine dumps oil all over the track.

First oval race I've watched the whole of. Yeah, it was good, but I much prefer road and street circuits with braking points.

Was it Hunter-Reay who brought out the safety car when he broke down? He didn't even stop on track and the safety car was out for about 6 laps, it seemed like they wanted any excuse to plaster the screen with more ads.

I guess you are coming from experience on how to clean debris and oil from a 2.5-mile track

Ok, I didn't think that would be an issue because it never seems to be in F1.
Because running over oil at 230 MPH is much worse than running over oil at much lower speeds. You also have to account for the fact that the car that experienced the engine failure was also racing at 230 MPH which can easily dump oil on at least half the length of the track.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" "AAAAHHHHHH!" Takuma Sato- May 28,2017 4PM EST at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, USA.

As someone who was a Sato fanboy since his days at BAR Honda in F1 and began watching the Indy 500 in 2012, that was my exact reaction, too. :lol:

And all I had to follow the race was the live timing, so imagine how scary was seeing the gap between Takuma and Helio go from 0.230 to 0.07 to "-" at one point...

I guess you are coming from experience on how to clean debris and oil from a 2.5-mile track
I have experience cleaning oil and debris from Silverstone. Yeah, you want to take time to cover an oil spill as quickly but as thoroughly as possible.

Back