101st Indianapolis 500- 28 May 2017Open Wheel 

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 542 comments
Just like last year, I'll be cheering on Alexander Rossi, and of course Alonso, being a McLaren-Honda fan.

Can't wait for the race, hopefully I'm able to avoid spoilers as I won't be able to catch the race live.

Honda looks to be in big trouble at the moment. Looks like they just lost another engine this week.

9 different drivers have averaged at over 230 mph as of this post.

3rd fastest non tow speed currently belongs to Alonso as of this post.

Spencer Pigot just had a hard head on crash in turn 2. He got out of the car and looks okay.

Edit: Video of the crash.

Last edited:
Zach Veach just crashed hard coming out of turn 1. He got out of the car and looks okay.

Edit: Video of the crash.

Last edited:
Fastest non tow laps
Chevolet 7,12,13,18,and 20th, the rest of the top 20 are Honda's.

DAOMLEpUwAA79Jz.jpg

Weather permitting today.

8am - 8:30 am ET - Verizon IndyCar Series Qualifying Practice Group 1
8:30am - 9am ET - Verizon IndyCar Series Qualifying Practice Group 2
9am - 9:30am ET - Verizon IndyCar Series Qualifying Practice ALL
11am - 3pm Verizon IndyCar Series Qualifyin - LIVE ON WATCHESPN, NOT YOUTUBE
3pm - 4pm - Verizon IndyCar Series Qualifying - LIVE ON YOUTUBE
4pm - 6pm - Verizon IndyCar Series Qualifying - LIVE ON WATCHESPN, NOT YOUTUBE

4-6PM will be on ABC today and tomorrow.

DARai2DXYAAtIAe.jpg

DARai2EW0AAuBv7.jpg

Radar link http://www.theindychannel.com/weather/radar

Last edited:
Apparently due to the weather, there will only be one attempt for each team to make the field and make the fast 9.

Pippa Mann on track, finishing her session. 219.292 MPH, first car on track.

Alonso just had a really damn good qualifying attempt.

Alonso just clocked in at 3rd! :eek:

After listening to his post-Q interview, I have more respect for him as a driver because I think he gets it. He seems to know that it's not just turning left and flooring it, and going by how he was a bit antsy, I really do think he has a good chance to compete, maybe even win.

Edit: BOURDAIS CRASHED HARD IN TURN 2!

After listening to his post-Q interview, I have more respect for him as a driver because I think he gets it. He seems to know that it's not just turning left and flooring it, and going by how he was a bit antsy, I really do think he has a good chance to compete, maybe even win.
If only the majority of the people who comment on all the YouTube videos regarding him understood that.

Bourdais just wrecked hard!

I'm afraid he is not doing terribly well at the moment. My concern and feelings go out for Sebastian Bourdais, his family and team.

He made the worst possible decision to turn into the slide, rather than the hard rule of clamping down to the left. So he struck the barrier almost head-on at colossal speed.

He made the worst possible decision to turn into the slide, rather than the hard rule of clamping down to the left. So he struck the barrier almost head-on at colossal speed.

not much time to make decisions at that speed in qualifying....
but more interesting(while still crossing my fingers for Seb)did they take too much rear downforce off ??...rear end looked a bit loose from lap 1 !!

Spy.

Back