(11/05) My Event Generator + GTauto + Shortcuts + Classic Dealerships (Design Concept)

car iconssssss.png

Some minor changes to the car miniatures:

s.png

@masterrugalm I really like the idea of the emblem evolution. Perhaps you are not finished and plan to do this, but if I may make a suggestion, I would put the years of the use of each logo below them.

Nice work though.
👍

Yes I will include the years for each emblem, that's why I left some space below the emblems, the idea was also to include the meaning of each logo, unfortunately I only found the description for the current emblem and some info about the first one.

Back to the event generator, I was struggling with the design of the car grid till I accidentally activated an old background I had, and it ended looking pretty good in my opinion, I'll leave the "history lesson" for later and try to end the event generator, since I have some simple ideas for the B Spec that will make everything work better, an "auto-generate" feature where you preset the AI level and create an avatar automatically after selecting a car, I still need to do some minor changes to the layer effects and button commands (a shortcut to delete all cars,) but this design it's final:

aa.png

Back to the event generator, I was struggling with the design of the car grid till I accidentally activated an old background I had, and it ended looking pretty good in my opinion, I'll leave the "history lesson" for later and try to end the event generator, since I have some simple ideas for the B Spec that will make everything work better, an "auto-generate" feature where you preset the AI level and create an avatar automatically after selecting a car, I still need to do some minor changes to the layer effects and button commands (a shortcut to delete all cars,) but this design it's final:

View attachment 241039
I think you're way too good at this, are you a professional or a freelance by any chance?if that's so you should really think about a career in PD, there's always need of fresh and skillful artists.
I'm already looking forward to GT7 hoping that some of your stuff pops up,damn.

I think you're way too good at this, are you a professional or a freelance by any chance?if that's so you should really think about a career in PD, there's always need of fresh and skillful artists.
I'm already looking forward to GT7 hoping that some of your stuff pops up,damn.

Thank you very much for your words, we could say i am a freelancer, but I am just getting started, this menu's are my first time at photoshop and i am only good at simple shapes, unfortunately I am not good at creating complex graphics or animations, I've found the car logo's, country orb and the paint gun from GTauto on the internet, also I wanted to do more artistic backgrounds for the main menu of the event generator, something like, for example, the arcade screens from GT3 or GT4.
Here is an image I forgot to upload for the "history" menu, it's the final design, but I think I am going to get rid of the play button over the highlighted picture:

car iconssssss2.png

Could have the emblems in a livery editor.

I think that Forza has an option where you can upload an image into the game and use it in the livery editor, I've never played it so I might be wrong, but that would be very cool.

EDIT

Final design for the car selection screen, Calculate Prize Money is gone since I think the best thing for the event generator would be this:

Finish the game (Ending Movie) and you unlock the event generator, all cars are available only for the oponents, you have to use cars acquired in GT Mode or courtesy cars from Arcade.
A 100% completion rate unlocks all cars in arcade mode.

Car Selection Final.png

Last edited:
Decided to scrap the avatar selection and added "driver type" instead, select between A-Spec, B-Spec or create a new avatar, driver type is going to go before the car selection tab, for spacing issues there is no separate buttons for the avatar customization, so selecting an avatar takes you to a "creation screen" or something like that, the create option is replaced by a setting edit when an avatar has been created, I wanted to add the avatar below the car information, but since they don't have the same number of options, it would break "the flow" when navigating through the settings.
I've also added that GT5 "clock" since I don't like that you have to press the psn button to look at the time.

SHORTCUTS:

View attachment 244481

The design is exactly the same as the quick menu in GT6. With this tool you can access every main menu in the game, I need to finish the icons for the rest of the options and I am finished with this one.
awesome but i suggest you to fantasize a little in the career mode, you don't have to keep the "stock" GT career mode (or anything else)

Something new I've made for GTauto, this is the full screen mode, the only difference here is that you can change the scenery for a better preview of the car in different lightning conditions, as I said i am not good creating complex shapes or effects, so the frames of the screens look cartoonish, also you might want to adjust the brightness a little low, since I've worked this on another computer with a high brightness setting, but when I've looked at it in my PC, it looked just fine.
I still need to finish and polish a few things:

1325752.png

Something new I've made for GTauto, this is the full screen mode, the only difference here is that you can change the scenery for a better preview of the car in different lightning conditions, as I said i am not good creating complex shapes or effects, so the frames of the screens look cartoonish, also you might want to adjust the brightness a little low, since I've worked this on another computer with a high brightness setting, but when I've looked at it in my PC, it looked just fine.
I still need to finish and polish a few things:

View attachment 245318

Perfect for a 3D Car viewer (Ok Autovista). To view the car in different scenery and lighting inside and out. Maybe even have different sound options if you can start the car and rev it.

@masterrugalm why not post some of your stuff on the GT7-Future UI Interface Fan Art Thread ?

Perfect for a 3D Car viewer (Ok Autovista). To view the car in different scenery and lighting inside and out. Maybe even have different sound options if you can start the car and rev it.

@masterrugalm why not post some of your stuff on the GT7-Future UI Interface Fan Art Thread ?

I will, I want to finish everything first, the event generator it's pretty much finished, I just need to make some minor changes to it.
As for the full screen on GTauto, something I will like to do it's to have a simple photomode inside of it, that way we can select, for example, a white studio background and use it for a more "elegant" showcase of the cars we have, since here on GTPlanet I've seen almost everybody (me included) use Gemasolar to take shots of the cars. In this "photomode" the camera will be fixed and you can rotate the car, info about the current position of the "platform" will be displayed, so you can set all cars in the same exact angle. This makes taking shots of cars in different colors much faster, without the need to go to photomode and then back to GTauto to change the color of the cars.

Me and a friend are programming an "Online Racing and Championship Series" software. it's still quite early and will take some time to complete. Plan is to sell it at a very low price when finished. Your UIs are classy and well made, would you be interested in doing some designs when the inner software workings are done?

Great work @masterrugalm :cheers:

I'm currently working on a similar project (just finnishing some "mind-maps" and starting to experiment some layouts) and I would like to know if you're using the same font that PD used (it looks like so). Can you tell us the name of the font?

Thank you and keep the good job. I got inspired by your work and I'll try to make my own GT7 user interface concept. :)

Finished with the Full Screen mode, created a new paint chip (just like the one in GT5 Prologue,) a red studio (inspired by GT4 Classics showroom) added new options and thanks to @TayeezSA for the Car Engine suggestion, I forgot to add the rev option you mentioned, though.
Anyway I think the image explains itself, the only thing I didn't liked is the use of the L1 / R1 as a shortcut to rotate the car, since in the previous screen they're used to switch between different paint options, the thing is I've added those "camera" Settings and one of them is free roam, so I needed the analog sticks to move the "guy" who holds the camera :)

523123123123.png

night.png

red.png

Great work @masterrugalm :cheers:

I'm currently working on a similar project (just finnishing some "mind-maps" and starting to experiment some layouts) and I would like to know if you're using the same font that PD used (it looks like so). Can you tell us the name of the font?

Thank you and keep the good job. I got inspired by your work and I'll try to make my own GT7 user interface concept. :)

The font is Myriad Pro, with a character tracking of 50, font type regular and the anti-aliasing is set in Crisp.

Me and a friend are programming an "Online Racing and Championship Series" software. it's still quite early and will take some time to complete. Plan is to sell it at a very low price when finished. Your UIs are classy and well made, would you be interested in doing some designs when the inner software workings are done?

I would love too, remember that I have zero knowledge in programming and I have no idea how the coding for the UI works, for example how do you tell the system that those little squares are buttons, do you set some kind of "detection" area for each individual button? I can create buttons, and that stuff, then I can send them to you and you and your friend implement them into the interface.

I am going to take a little break from the ui designs, since I am little busy these days, what I am going to do in my free time is build an icon pack with the buttons and paints I've made and upload them.

Back