(11/05) My Event Generator + GTauto + Shortcuts + Classic Dealerships (Design Concept)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by masterrugalm, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Pootis

Pootis

This looks like this would be the U.I for Gran Turismo 7. It's too unique looking for GT6.

masterrugalm likes this.
  2. masterrugalm

masterrugalm

new screen with GT6 menu background, unfortunately I didn't noticed I was working in a low res document so the background looks a little pixelated, the gran turismo icon next to the picture is an example of the logo for the event:

564654564.png

3. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I love and dislike your work @masterrugalm.

I love it as it looks fantastic and, from someone that also does GT UIs, I realise and appreciate the time and effort required to put them together.

On the other hand you are teasing us all with your Event Generator which would add so much to GT.

You get :tup: and :tdown:!

Keep up the great work. I always like to see what you do next.

4. masterrugalm

masterrugalm

Don't hate the player, hate the game :D
    thank you very much for your support, you and all the people that likes what I am doing. When I started doing this I was completely clueless with photoshop, and since I needed something to practice with, I decided to do it with GT, I think that GT menus were very special and I have very good memories with GT2, a game that made me fell in love with cars, and I think great part of it's charm was in fact it's menu, which was very unique for those times.
    As you said, creating an UI it's really difficult, when I started with this the idea was very simple, but when you think you've finished, something new pops up in your head, and you need to change your design, sometimes some minor changes and other times you need to start from scratch, and since I don't know all the "tricks" of photoshop, it takes me quite some time to do it, and this is the easy part, because what I am doing is just a concept, imagine you need to implement this into the game, as I recall there was just one guy in charge of the coding in GT5: Prologue, it would be too much work for one guy to do something like this plus all the coding that the game needs, and I think this is one of the reasons we got such a simple design for GT6, the other being that with the current UI, the menus are much faster.

A new screen for the event overview, more like GT6:

save info.png

Neddo, Not_A_Guest, H1s6n and 10 others like this.
  5. masterrugalm

masterrugalm

I made some minor changes to the "randomizer" and I decided to get rid of the "copy" function and replaced it with a copy / paste, you change the specs of a car, then copy and paste them into another car, there are some mistakes in this images:
    random (2).png

random (3).png

VIPER EVENT.png

6. masterrugalm

masterrugalm

a new image for GTauto, this one is going to be quite simple and I still need to change some things and correct some mistakes:

UUU.png

Neddo, Not_A_Guest, H1s6n and 10 others like this.
  7. A_Higher_Place

A_Higher_Place

Damn, why aren't YOU PD's spokesperson? This is all I've asked from PD to implement into GT. With the amount of cars and tracks we have now, we could make our own endless races. Not all of us want to race online.

Edit: Very nice work! Keep teasing ;)

zotobom, research, Davoxx and 5 others like this.
  8. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

I'm starting to think this guy works with PD...

9. Stephanos82

Stephanos82

I'm starting to wish this guy works with PD...

88GTA, research, RedDragon and 6 others like this.
  10. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

Another nice piece @masterrugalm. Keep them coming.
    :tup:

I started a thread in the GT7 forums for User Interface Fan Art if you wish to add them in there. Link is in my signature.

masterrugalm and super_gt like this.
  11. masterrugalm

masterrugalm

thanks guys, and nooooooo, I don't work for PD (wink, wink.) :D
    Here is another screen this is pretty much finished I just need to add some stuff:

UUU.png
    @Scuderia Paul thanks for the tip! I've seen your Dealerships art and I like it a lot, very clean and polished, specially the list of manufacturers, when I finish this one I will post some of my images in your post.

12. GranTurismo916

GranTurismo916

I hate you.

You're too awesome. :sly:

MarchingSaint, ildd and Scuderia Paul like this.
  13. masterrugalm

masterrugalm

Searching my old folders I've found some stuff I was working on, this design it's one of my first works, so it doesn't look very good:

QUICK BUY:
    Instead of selecting a car miniature with X to enter the "buy screen", you buy them by pressing square, this window pops, no cutscenes are displayed after buying the car:

QUICK BUY NISSAN 4 OLD.png
    MANUFACTURER HISTORY: Never started with this one, I've just had a background, but I noted the concept ideas for it: the timeline is, well, a timeline :) , it shows the most significant years in the brand history, pressing some of the different years displays the information for that time period, the museum is pretty much like GT5 museum, you can view pictures of the most iconic cars from the selected brand:

Untitled-1.png

I'm not goint to rework the quick buy for now, I would like to know if @Scuderia Paul is interested in reworking it, since I really liked his design and also he's currently working on the dealerships.
    After looking back at the manufacturer history screen I am giving it a shot, but I have to do some research about some brand first, do you guys know of a place where I can gather this this info?

Neddo, zotobom, Harsk100 and 7 others like this.
  14. MyogiWarrior34

MyogiWarrior34

If ever this became a reality, I am praying it goes beyond the 10-car grid mark; hoping to fill up the entire 16 grid or go further like the Sierra Special Event.

research likes this.
  15. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

It's uncanny how good this stuff is. You are completely in sync with the game, the franchise and the fans IMO:tup::tup:. Great work @masterrugalm

16. starcarper

starcarper

I have to say this again, I honestly think this is awesome.

If we keep supporting this thread then hopefully PD in the guises of one of their staff may get the message.

Such eye catching work and the dedication that has gone into producing it, is very highly prized in the Japenese culture.

I don't think I've seen better.

MarchingSaint likes this.
  17. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

If I get a chance to rework Quick Buy it will probably be another week or so. I am working on an advertisement for the Gran Turismo app now and hope to do the Car Profile screen from my GT7 UI project.

If we could turn off the post-purchase cut-scene of our new car being presented, would there really be a need for Quick Buy as PS4 will have models loaded with zero delay?

I would like to see you do the Manufacturer History screen as it is an unusual piece for a game. Check the company site as more often than not they will have an About Us section.

Keep up the good work @masterrugalm. Always a pleasure to see a new piece.

masterrugalm likes this.
  18. masterrugalm

masterrugalm

This the history screen, it's really simple and clean, I got all the info from here: http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/HERITAGE/

it's unfinished for now, I am going to update later, probably tomorrow:

456465.png

there are four options available: Overview, Timeline, Museum and Emblem History.

zotobom, Not_A_Guest, Davoxx and 7 others like this.
  19. Man of Mister

Man of Mister

I love history. Do you love history? I really love history. How about you, do you really love history?

"Good job, lets see some more!" :tup:

masterrugalm and ildd like this.
  20. Prodriver13

Prodriver13

Damn, these look extremely nice and all, but are you just doing all this for the fun of it? Or will the recent talks of modding the game come into play and have this be implemented somehow?

21. ildd

ildd

Plot twist:he's gathering feedback for GT7 menus

MarchingSaint likes this.
  22. MarchingSaint

MarchingSaint

Everything he's done is awesome, i'm crying.

23. gambleboyen

gambleboyen

This is great, but somehow I feel he'd have more luck getting this into ANY other racing games than GT

24. Rod Carvalho

Rod Carvalho

GT6 spec2

25. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

Nice start @masterrugalm. I am interested in the History screen as it such rare game element so keep it going.

I started a Maserati timeline for Maserati Project which is what I am also doing now - Takes a car from the past, present and future and details it's significance in Maserati's history.

If I get it to a presentable level I will throw it in.

Project Maserati Title Vents.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  26. TayeezSA

TayeezSA

Seeing these race menus reminded me of this

Mate, your menus are clean and polished I say :bowdown:

27. masterrugalm

masterrugalm

I now I say this in almost every reply, but thanks again guys! some new screens, I need to change some things, but it's almost finished:

78.png

654654565465.png

28. Davoxx

Davoxx

Your work is amazing, you have a lot of imagination and clearly IMO you can do a lot better than PD.
    This is ART !
    :bowdown:.

29. azidahaka

azidahaka

Game modding is just for creating hybrids, cheating money and such things so far. To me it's 100% useless

30. Rod Carvalho

Rod Carvalho

masterrugalm works deserves to be on main GTPlanet news page.

This much more interesting than irrelevant GTAcademy drivers news...

Arixant and MarchingSaint like this.