(11/05) My Event Generator + GTauto + Shortcuts + Classic Dealerships (Design Concept)

Even though this is the most amazing thing I've seen, you don't even need to be able to sect body kits or paint to make it the best option in the game; it's more than enough to be able to select your opponents, their tires, weight and power.

Note to PD:

Come on PD! You're given a gold opportunity here to redeem yourselves! Do this and I'll be playing GT6 for the next two years or more! If you don't implement this it will only show how little you care for your loyal fans. Are you afraid that something like this will make people go online less? Or are you afraid that a feature like this will make people have much more fun without spending their money on micro transactions? Or is it that you don't have the man power to pull this off? Maybe it's that you are just interested on making money with partnerships and not in the game anymore? Tell you what; do this and I WILL PAY FOR IT! I don't care if it's a $12-$15 add-on, I would gladly give you my hard-earned bucks for this one. Go back to the GT2 days, for crying out loud! Remember why you were the best game out there! GT4 and even GT3 with its lack of cars was even much more complete and fun than GT5/GT6. Because they were what they really were; games! Not tech and merchandising platforms! And they were so much fun and full of features out of the box! Come on, PD! You can do it!

An event generator would be my most wanted feature for Gran Turismo and would massively increase the games replayability. Your UI here is awesome, I really do hope that it does somehow find the attention of PD and they notice the hugely positive reaction to it.

Last edited:
ineedit-png.50554

Hi everyone, this past couple of months I've been doing a design for the UI of the event generator, a tool that let us create our own custom races, I decided to work on this thanks to a post by @research, a question about if we are going to get an event generator in the future is posted on the Kazunori Yamauchi Q/A thread so please support it!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gle-event-championship-creator-in-gt6.309331/

The image I used for the event is a photomode picture taken by GTPlanet user
@
The R!CE Guy
I am not that good with english so excuse me if in some parts I don't make much sense.

CAR GRID

This one is a little old so there are some minor differences with the final design, the options displayed here are the Car Selection, Paint / Body Kit, Max Power, Max Speed, Weight, Front Tires, Rear Tires, Drivetrain and Aspiration, this last two settings cannot be edited, and are only used as a reference.
Shortcuts: Press / Hold square on any of the mentioned options to delete (Car Selection) or reset settings to default:

View attachment 188167
OPTIONS

The following options are available on the Car Selection screen. Some of this settings are also available in the Course Selection screen.

Choose from: select cars from your Garage or Arcade Mode, cars bought on GT Mode are unlocked on Arcade Mode.
Selection method: build a grid of different cars or create a One-Make event.
General settings: set the rules and gameplay settings for your event, when this option is highlighted detailed info of the current settings is displayed on the upper left of the screen:

Calculate prize money: set you car max power and calculate the prize money awarded for each race based on the following system: total average of all participating cars horsepower, total distance traveled on the race and difficulty. When this option is highlighted a resume is displayed on the upper left of the screen showing the prize money awarded and/or championship bonus for finishing in 1st place on all races.
Save: change the name, description and picture of the event. When this option is highlighted detailed info of the event is displayed on the upper left of the screen:

Load: choose and edit a previously created event.

EDIT

This option is only available in the Car Selection screen.

Duplicate: create a duplicate of a car and its specifications:

Copy: preset a variety of specifications and copy them into one or multiple cars:

Change Order: change / switch places between spots:​

View attachment 188173 View attachment 188174 View attachment 188176 View attachment 188178 View attachment 188179

COURSE SELECTION

View attachment 188199
CUSTOM THEMES

You could also change the theme displayed for the event generator, here are some examples.

OLD GENERATION WHITE UI

View attachment 188195

OLD GENERATION DARK UI

View attachment 188194

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks a lot guys, I am really glad you liked it! i am currently working on the screen where you actually play the events, but since i don't have too much free time this days it might take a while for me to finish this one, here is what I currently have:

event.png
and this one was going to be the main menu screen, but i am going to use it as the "preview" for the event you are going to play since i think it suits it better:
mm.png

Very nice sir! :) This is exactly the sort of content I'm hoping for. And how about a Share/Upload button for sharing with others? Guess you would need a Download button as well.

Imagine this with the AI quality of say Assetto Corsa. That would be something.

Very nice sir! :) This is exactly the sort of content I'm hoping for. And how about a Share/Upload button for sharing with others? Guess you would need a Download button as well.

Imagine this with the AI quality of say Assetto Corsa. That would be something.

Those little stars are the "likes" you got from friends there would be another button to see who played your event, ratings and a feedback about what they think about the event

here is a new screen, this one is when you choose an event to play, I still need some work to do:

465465.png

PLEASE READ!!!
I want to now if you guys are interested in doing your own events once i finish with this one, i'll upload the .psd file and from there you edit the grid, put the courses you want, change the background image, pick a song you think fits with the theme of the event and i'll add it to the OP, giving credit to the creator of course! , you can also play a little with the settings of the windows, for example instead of the name of the event you could replace it with an icon of your event, the most important thing would be the grid of cars, so if you want to skip everything else and just create a field of cars, do it.

YES! I would love to see something like this. I would so recreate all of the manufacture races from the early GT games plus some new ones. I have so many event ideas popping into my head right now.

HI,
Very IMPORTANT ---> PP performance points
I see on the screen can not select PP
I think this value is very important to choose the PP per car.

I am almost finished with the car selection screen, and I need to do some things in the course selection screen, what do you guys think, does it look ok or are any parts that you find confusing?

car select 4.png

HI,
Very IMPORTANT ---> PP performance points
I see on the screen can not select PP
I think this value is very important to choose the PP per car.

I don't understand how the PP system works, and because cars are using custom HP and Weight, I can't apply it here, the PP system it's innacurate in most cases, for example yesterday I tested the sileighty and matched it's PP with the Skyline GT-R '02 (472 HP) I tested them in Brands Hatch Grand Pix with Racing Soft Tires and this where the results:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brands Hatch Grand Pix Circuit

Nissan SILEIGHTY '98 / 350 HP / 1.370 Kg / 472 PP / Racing Soft Tires

Time:
1:33.527 (1st Lap)

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II Nür (R34) '02 / 336 HP / 1.560 Kg / 472 PP / Racing Soft Tires

Time:
1:35.653 (1st Lap)
1:34.614 (3rd Lap)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see there is a difference of approximately 20 HP and 200 Kg in favor of the Sileighty, and that is reflected on the lap times.

I'm not sure what they have to lose or what they're afraid of, because I see only benefits for adding such a feature to Gran Turismo.
They could even add up a feature to let us upload our events online, and then a place were anyone could browse and download events from other players, and play them/rate them.

Then every other week, or month if PD is busy, they can check out the most rated games, or the most played over the time, and make these events official in the game. Something similar to what GTA 5 does to user created jobs.

I've finished with the car and track selection screens, i am not going to finish the regulations, so I'll try to explain it when I update the OP, I need to do some adjustments to the positions of some things in the car selection screen, but it's already finished, here is the track selection screen for now, one of these days I will update the OP with the .psd and the layout to create the events:

track selection 1.png

Back