$12k 1v1 Tourney @ ESWC for GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter Made
  • 13 comments
  • 1,281 views
Messages
30
According to SK-gaming.com, ESWC (Electronic Sports World Cup) will host a $12 000 tournament in GT4. I hope we can get some video from the event cause it sure would be a blast to watch.

Link to SK-gaming.com
 
Wow there's actually a tournament for GT4 at ESWC now? If it runs well then I wouldn't be surprised to see it at WCG too. I'm not sure about CPL though....... :\
 
Dang! I wanna do this! Sounds like a butt load of fun! Too bad I dont have GT4. :lol:
 
Sven
Where are the events?
Heh I bet not in America so you are out unless you fly over to China or Japan or Hong Kong or where ever it is. I am highly doubting it will be in America since its not even released here yet! :lol:
 
Sven
Where are the events?

The article said:

The Electronic Sports World Cup Granf Final will be held from 5th to 10th of July 2005, within the prestigious venue of the Caroussel of the Louvre in Paris, France.

OT Hey, Pimp Racer...noticed your sig. & wanted to know if you're located on a AFB by chance?
 
pimp racer
Heh I bet not in America so you are out unless you fly over to China or Japan or Hong Kong or where ever it is. I am highly doubting it will be in America since its not even released here yet! :lol:
If in the future CPL uses GT4 for tournament play too, then you'll see it in America :). So far there has been no PS2 game involved in these PC FPS game driven tournaments though, so GT4 at ESWC will be the first time ever.

For people who've never heard of CPL and WCG, they're 2 huge gaming tournaments.

CPL: http://www.thecpl.com/league/
WCG: http://www.worldcybergames.com/
 
spooony
If in the future CPL uses GT4 for tournament play too, then you'll see it in America :). So far there has been no PS2 game involved in these PC FPS game driven tournaments though, so GT4 at ESWC will be the first time ever.

Well, the article stated the following information:
PlayStation 2: Gran Tourismo 4 - 1 vs 1 - $12,000

So, I think this confirms that this years event is open to the PS2 & GT4 only. :D
 
I'll still be more interested in CS 1.6 considering that's my favourite game, but GT4 should be good to watch regardless.
 
Well with the no-garage or car-setups, this makes for a very "arcade" experience, but still a good one. I though of trying to organise one in Montreal, Canada... With an entry fee and some prices. could be interesting ;)

I hope its cool for them... i'd like to check out the video of the TV feed once its out... if anyone plans on recording it and posting it on the net, please let me know as i'd gladly download it! :D
 
This has always been a big european tournament in FPS gaming, specifically CS, UT, Quake, etc. There will be videos but I don't know how much coverage of GT4 will there actually be. I got a feeling it'll just be a short little section just like how the less popular games get little to no coverage at WCG. It's all about CS and SC there :\
 
Back