$13.50 right now on PSN for PS4

• Thread starter Magog
  • 38 comments
United States
United States
Comes with the free upgrade to PS5 soon, right? Is there an offline campaign of any sort? How do you unlock cars? Rookie tips?

Comes with the free upgrade to PS5 soon, right?
I believe so.

Is there an offline campaign of any sort?
Yes, it has the hardest campaign of any game I have ever played. It is possible to get the platinum trophy BUT it is a lot of very hard work.

How do you unlock cars?
All cars are unlocked and playable.

Rookie tips?
Use a wheel, learn how to tune and update your wheel's firmware before playing.

To piggyback off this, would anyone recommend it on controller?
Short answer, No. Long answer, definitely no. Yes it is playable and some can do it quite well BUT it is a sim, so sim hardware is advised.

Bad with a controller? Probably gonna have to pass then. They do say the dual Sense is far more precise than the dual shock though...

I believe so.

Yes, it has the hardest campaign of any game I have ever played. It is possible to get the platinum trophy BUT it is a lot of very hard work.

All cars are unlocked and playable.

Use a wheel, learn how to tune and update your wheel's firmware before playing.

Short answer, No. Long answer, definitely no. Yes it is playable and some can do it quite well BUT it is a sim, so sim hardware is advised.
My problem is some people say no and some yes. I think I might just buy it and try it myself. I don’t care too much about being super competitive if I can have some good races with the AI.

Bad with a controller? Probably gonna have to pass then. They do say the dual Sense is far more precise than the dual shock though...
It's better than original AC and pcars games on controller straight out the box.
So I wouldn't call it bad at all.

Sure with a wheel the game is quite better, but it's enjoyable on controller

And yes, PS4 version will upgrade for free to next gen version

I cant agree that it's bad with a controller. It works fine, just dont expect it to be like any other race where you just push left or right to steer and it does the job for you. You have to steer and balance the steering. I did find of the Porsches a little bit too much for the controller though.

I cant agree that it's bad with a controller. It works fine, just dont expect it to be like any other race where you just push left or right to steer and it does the job for you. You have to steer and balance the steering. I did find of the Porsches a little bit too much for the controller though.
I've never played a racing game where the game steers for you.

I've never played a racing game where the game steers for you.
There's little to one steering modulation in GT or other console racing games ( even Art of Rally has more than most games ), in ACC there is no just slamming the stick 90-100% right or left. In GTS I feel loads of assisting, the cars feel like they're on rails more than any other GT I've played. It's why I dont play it.

$13.50 is hard to pass up. Been playing it the past few night and just took a break and went back to GTSport. It was hard to believe what people were saying that ACC ruined GTS for them. Other than graphics and presentation, GTS can’t touch ACC in my opinion. I just loaded up GTS for a break and couldn’t stand how bad it felt. Best $13.50 I’ve spent.

$13.50 is hard to pass up. Been playing it the past few night and just took a break and went back to GTSport. It was hard to believe what people were saying that ACC ruined GTS for them. Other than graphics and presentation, GTS can’t touch ACC in my opinion. I just loaded up GTS for a break and couldn’t stand how bad it felt. Best $13.50 I’ve spent.
Do you play on wheel or controller?

And how fun and competitive was the online racing? That's the only thing I care about.

I can't bother setting up my car, and neither do I care about offline racing.

I tried it. If anything it's easier and more on rails than GT Sport with a similar car. You can trail brake into any corner without understeer even off camber corners. It also lacks the feel of lateral momentum you get in Sport. Maybe I'll try it again after the PS5 update.

Last edited:
I was planning on waiting to get this when the PS5 update came out but I don't think I can pass on the 13.50 price point. As a person who doesn't like to spen money on games 13.50 vs 39.99 for the Day One edition wins every time. I think the fact this will be the first racing game that is updated for the 5 gets me excited. Dynamic weather and time day should be great

It’s 13.50 USD. I checked on Google and right now 1 usd equals 1.28 cad
I see, feels a bigger difference from 23.50 to 13.50 hehe, need count it. Oh well, i dont know, i wish for the gt4 cars so, it still be quite a bit of cash in all for a poor port with stutter from all i read.
It is tempting of course as an ac fan.

I see, feels a bigger difference from 23.50 to 13.50 hehe, need count it. Oh well, i dont know, i wish for the gt4 cars so, it still be quite a bit of cash in all for a poor port with stutter from all i read.
It is tempting of course as an ac fan.

I Uninstalled it until the PS5 patch is out. Quite ugly on PS4 pro.

Been playing on my PS5 and it’s a huge difference from the pro in my opinion! The FPS is way better is and very stable during actual racing, only during replays it chops up a bit. Can’t wait for the PS5 version!

@kjb bro the track atmosphere in ACC is amazing! To see the day to night transition brings a smile to my face every time. I was racing at Suzuka and it was fun even though I was terrible once it turned night. Makes a huge difference with tire management and braking points.

Last edited:
The low price mentionned just up of here is if you have a sub to psplus seems. Explains my surprise of the us dol difference.

Last edited:
Been playing on my PS5 and it’s a huge difference from the pro in my opinion! The FPS is way better is and very stable during actual racing, only during replays it chops up a bit. Can’t wait for the PS5 version!

@kjb bro the track atmosphere in ACC is amazing! To see the day to night transition brings a smile to my face every time. I was racing at Suzuka and it was fun even though I was terrible once it turned night. Makes a huge difference with tire management and braking points.

The resolution is still atrocious though. I Uninstalled it and will wait for the actual Gen release. Seems to also be 30fps?

Last edited:
The resolution is still atrocious though. I Uninstalled it and will wait for the actual Gen release. Seems to also be 30fps?
Acc has framerate unlocked on PS4/PS4 pro and PS5, on PS5 it's rocksolid 60fps , PS4 30-40fps and PS4 pro 45-50fps

Resolution is 1800p checkerboard on PS4 Pro (as GT sport) but dynamic (lowers res in stress moments)

Last edited:
We’ll yea it’s not as GTS but it look a whole lot better. I was still enjoying it enough on the PS4 pro because the driving is so good. On the PS5 it looks even better and plays better only the replays are a bit choppy.

Back