• Thread starter HoltNFrew
  • 125 comments
I think it's the first right left right left turn and the last part of the circuit. The first turns are hard to keep control and keep your high speed. I think the last chicane is just excercising. I might just do the 1000 kilometres of Suzuka first. After that I must be ready for it, lol.

just want to say thanks to the guide, helped me alot, just golded the last two today ;)
One more advice: if you use the driving force gt adjust both the brakes to 10. Helped me alot.

Me too, thanks x 1000 to HoltNFrew and Stune! The tips are very useful indeed.

This challenge takes everything I've learned about driving in GT5 -- and turns it upside down. :)

The first A-spec event I did after the challenge was the new seasonal event -- the one with the electric Mitsubishi. Talk about change of pace. :)

I was just wondering about those times. They can't be right? I got silver and been trying for gold now. I can get 3rd reference time to 49.5 ~ 49.8 but that only gives me a 1:04.8 at best ...

You're right. from the video his 3rd reference time is a high 48 or low 49

I dont mean to sound trolly but its not impossible with a DS3 im on suzuka now then ill have all 3 and im .2 of gold.

Nice man.👍

I may end up giving these events a try again,but this time try it in the behind the car view.I used this view quite a bit when i was younger(GT1,2,3,4 days :) )

Thanks for the tips and just from watching these videos i believe i can do this event now,even if it isn't golds i'm determined to at least get bronze.

yes it is, in particular faster the car is, higher is the advantage with a wheel and pedals.... just the precision and the fact that you can brake/accelerate at the same time are HUGE advantages....
I golded all nascars stuff with the ds3 but obviously the wheel is a huge advantage on any oval too...

I bought a wheel just for the X1 challenges (you can't gold these otherwise) and returned it few days later, cause i'm fine with the ds3 and golded everything else in the game but the wheel worth it... like i said in my first post, i'll buy one and keep it in a near future... i consider myself as one of the best GT5 player with a ds3, but i'll never be close from any online times i've seen so far, all done with a wheel...

You can gold it with a ds3 i promise you that. I'm uploading videos within 2 weeks. You can both brake and accelerate on a ds3 at the same time with changing the commands on the controller.

I know you can change commands, and a video will not prove you used a ds3, like many and I said, maybe gold monza is possib le, but suzuka and nurb, I'll need to see and the tv and the guy doing it...the car is way to fast to be well driven with a ds3

Iv already offered to do some livestreaming :). But i can honestly swear to anyone a DS3 can get gold just requires skill persistence and determination.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks for the descriptions.It took me nearly 2 hours,but i finally bronzed each event. 👍

Now i finally have myself a X1:)

I got silver in Monza - just 0.500 behind gold
But Nurb and Suzuka im just really just 0.050 quicker than bronze time requred
With a DS3
I tryed to improve my times but i wasted time - achieved same results with DS3

Thanks for posting this, it really helped. I got bronze pretty quickly with the G25 (using manual gears) but then realised that getting gold was another story. I still managed gold on my own in Monza , still in manual but after that I used your tips to the letter to gold both suzuka and nurburgring. I had to switch to Auto for these races, too much to think about! My advice to everyone is that if you select the SRF, USE IT! Be aggressive in the corners, brake late and over turn to bring the car sideways, it really helps.

By far, Nurburgring was the hardest for me, I don't know why.

Thanks again, I'm now the proud owner of 3 X1 :) one more soon as I'm level 34 in B spec.

For those who saw my other two vids and wondered where suzuka was... here it is:

Stune, thanks for the tips mate.... had a browse through all three of your vids over the weekend and Golded all 3 events in just under 5 hrs. Suzuka was difficult, but for me it was a matter of stringing the lap together as i know the circuit well. Ended up at 2'09.850 after 3 other runs of 2'10.015, 2'10.010 and 2'10.050.....

Nurburgring GP/F was by far the hardest to Gold for me.... I never want to endure that sort of pressure again on a game!

Thanks again Stune..........

Nice thread, not sure what I was thinking that the DS3 would be easier to drive with than a wheel (I have a G27) but I'll be sure to spend some time on this when I get a chance and get my X1 ASAP!

Thanks a Million HoltNFrew.

You've got me three gold trophies with your HowTo. The most things I used was not even your videos (also them), but the split times which helped me a LOT getting better in each part of Suzuka. Thanks! 👍

Back