1886 Motor Carriage around the 'ring! (in about 2 days)

• Thread starter James2097
  • 622 comments
Ah, of course - the camera was under a stack of papers on the kitchen floor. :odd: First place I'd think of putting it. :rolleyes: Anyway, here it is, athough it's hardly the most action-packed video of the century: http://s400.photobucket.com/albums/pp82/austin6068/?action=view&current=CIMG3967.flv

Both vehicles, but especially the wagon, can be improved upon. By the way, I'm pretty sure I did both on stock settings and sports soft tires, but can't actually be sure because the replay won't show such tiny horsepower differences, never shows weight, and displays "E/E" no matter what tires you have on. And I thought, by reading this thread, that the tires made a big difference, and yet they only seem to have modeled one type... :boggled: Whatever, it's all fairly irrelevant to this challenge, especially the power.

Nice video, I had doubts about having more weight for more speed,
now I'm sure it gives you higher overall speed if you increase the mass.
I wonder how well 200 ballast would work on GT mode :D

NOTE: My runs were done with minimum weight and max power.
the 4 wheeler has more torgue than the 3 wheeler :mischievous:

👍:bowdown::cheers:

To all of you who have done this. I love the Ring , the motor carriages are pretty cool , but I really do not have the patience for this.

good job you guys , kudos , you have more patince than I !!!!!

I'm thinking about doing it on the test course, but it seems pointless, there's no challenge. (except challenging your patience)

I think i'm going to have a go at it. I'll keep you posted:tup:

Good luck and patience with the quest to conguer Nyrburgring with those 3 and 4 wheel chariots.

I've done the 'Ring once and other tracks aswell. (few pages back)

MadMax

Thanks for the backup people.
I'm not hitting the nurb as of yet but I did do the Las Vagas Dragstrip in GT Mode, you know just to get throttle control.;) I did it in 1'25.780
Here's a pic. I think that mekes me the first person do do this in GT Mode.:) Sorry for the bad quality

Attachments

• Photo 11.jpg
    Photo 11.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for the backup people.
I'm not hitting the nurb as of yet but I did do the Las Vagas Dragstrip in GT Mode, you know just to get throttle control.;) I did it in 1'25.780
Here's a pic. I think that mekes me the first person do do this in GT Mode.:) Sorry for the bad quality

That's quite good time 👍
I'm afraid that many have done it before and I'm the fastest so far :mischievous:

This link is in my signature aswell

Quote from the post:
And 1886 wagon and carriage drag times (throttle control)
Daimler Motor Carriage 1886 1'22.596
Benz Patent Motor Wagon 1886 1'23.766

The chariots are faster when in downhill and then pulled the handbrake to let them roll freely.

MadMax

I can do Nurburgring in 3 wheeler or 4 wheeler in:
approx. 8 minutes easy.
approx. 7 minutes if try hard.
approx. 0.003 if im being smug.
And those are all true by the way :)

approx. 8 minutes easy.

Are they really? . :P Welcome to GTplanet and all that, but don't be posting stuff like this, it's just a waste of everyone's time. Just some friendly advice...the mods might not be so friendly.

approx. 8 minutes easy.

Proof please.

A screenshot of your finishing time, and the screen at the beginning showing the power & tyre type would be useful.

You should be aware of our AUP, <- click this link and make sure to read the first bullet point carefully (and the rest of them for that matter.)

I'm well aware from other posts by you that you've cheated your way through the game with an ARMax or Gameshark which is impressive to nobody...

Ive got 4,000,000,000,000,000,000 credits (approx.) 1000 cars, a 301 mph zonda. A 2866 mph test course speed reord.A 2.4 second 400 m drag record. 100% game completion. 80 Golds. 3 of each black racer. Black f1 car. 5:10 NUrburgring record...and breathe out :D But im not giving that away. :D

:yuck:

This thread is for genuine attempts in the cars in stock form, or modified to within the limits of what the unmolested game will allow.
If you've used hybriding or cheat devices to generate those times, kindly refrain from posting them in here. :sly:

Sure, if I had no life like the griefer in the South Park episode "Make Love Not Warcraft", I'd consider it. :lol:

Yes, i am being smug. And i do USE cheats - but i have completed gt2, gt3, and gt4 (3 times for gt4) - using NO cheats. I use them for fun. :D And i can post that screenshot if you would like to be humiliated a bit more. Oh, and btw, that Nurburgring 5:10 time was not with cheats :D

Wow... I wouldn't spend 10 minutes trying to drive that thing :D
I doubt someone can run a lap in El Capitain with any of the Carriages.

Yes, i am being smug. And i do USE cheats - but i have completed gt2, gt3, and gt4 (3 times for gt4) - using NO cheats. I use them for fun. :D And i can post that screenshot if you would like to be humiliated a bit more. Oh, and btw, that Nurburgring 5:10 time was not with cheats :D

No-one, and I do mean no-one, apart from yourself, should be humiliated by cheating.
It's pointless to even bother posting a screenshot just to reinforce what we all knew already: that you're a fraud, pure & simple - you've admitted to being a cheat and that's all we needed to hear.

When you've an honest laptime to submit, without cheats, come back to this thread. Otherwise, take your self-satisfied smugness and tattered reputation away, and don't bother posting in here anymore.

On another note, I referred you to the AUP for a good reason before, it also mentions use of proper English when posting here, you should take note that "I" when used to refer to yourself, and "GT" use capital letters.
Please ensure you do so going forth. 👍

No-one, and I do mean no-one, apart from yourself, should be humiliated by cheating.
It's pointless to even bother posting a screenshot just to reinforce what we all knew already: that you're a fraud, pure & simple - you've admitted to being a cheat and that's all we needed to hear.

I wouldn't go quite that far - he did say that he had completed GT2-4 without cheat devices, although that's really a piddling "accomplishment," since most races can be entered with cars that totally overmatch those of the AI, and most of the missions can be cheated to some extent.

When you've an honest laptime to submit, without cheats, come back to this thread. Otherwise, take your self-satisfied smugness and tattered reputation away, and don't bother posting in here anymore.

Indeed, everyone hates someone like you, Nurburgringking (I refuse to write it in caps lock), who is arrogant and overbearing, without any basis for claiming greatness. The clean 4:40 lap posted in another thread shows just how unimpressive a 5:10 is in GT4. In fact, your username gave all of that away before you revealed your character: anyone who claims greatness as obnoxiously as you did (with caps lock in your username, to boot) is never remotely near the level they claim.

Indeed, everyone hates someone like you, Nurburgringking (I refuse to write it in caps lock), who is arrogant and overbearing, without any basis for claiming greatness. The clean 4:40 lap posted in another thread shows just how unimpressive a 5:10 is in GT4. In fact, your username gave all of that away before you revealed your character: anyone who claims greatness as obnoxiously as you did (with caps lock in your username, to boot) is never remotely near the level they claim.

This, There is no point in cheating your way through a game, and then bragging thinking that YOU are the best. :ouch: I'm sorry but you are not even pretending to have completed the game honestly. That is all.

I wouldn't go quite that far - he did say that he had completed GT2-4 without cheat devices, although that's really a piddling "accomplishment," since most races can be entered with cars that totally overmatch those of the AI, and most of the missions can be cheated to some extent.

That's he's completed GT2 - 4 without cheats isn't under dispute here, just that he's claiming a 0.003s Nurb' lap in a 1HP 3-wheeled wagon and that we should somehow feel "humiliated" if he was to post his smug screenshot of this "so-called" achievement, when it's painfully obvious to all and sundry that it's been done with a cheat device and therefore is as worthless and welcome as used toilet paper.

As such, it has no place here.

I suppose it's a semantic difference. I only consider the use of cheat devices cheating when they are used to aid completion of the game or to gain an advantage in a competition. Since his Motor Carriage/Motor Wagen time is just for fun, and is not being claimed as a "legitimately" achieved time, I don't see it as cheating.

I suppose it's a semantic difference. I only consider the use of cheat devices cheating when they are used to aid completion of the game or to gain an advantage in a competition. Since his Motor Carriage/Motor Wagen time is just for fun, and is not being claimed as a "legitimately" achieved time, I don't see it as cheating.

Normally it wouldn't but when you use the code to do it than go to a forum and brag about it, it is.

Ooohh! you all really hurt my feelings :D So what to what you think! If you don't like my views - delete me and stop being so damn annoying...I WILL NOT MISS ANY OF YOU OR THIS SITE - clear enough for you?

Back