1886 Motor Carriage around the 'ring! (in about 2 days)

• Thread starter James2097
  • 622 comments
Ooohh! you all really hurt my feelings :D So what to what you think! If you don't like my views - delete ban me and stop being so damn annoying...I WILL NOT MISS ANY OF YOU OR THIS SITE - clear enough for you?

Great idea, pal. One of the best you have had.

I personally don't see any problem with cheating if he'as only cheating himself. It's not like he's trying to get on the leaderboard (correct me if i'm wrong) but yeah that's just my opinion. ;)

Ooohh! you all really hurt my feelings :D So what to what you think!

So what to what you think? What's that supposed to mean? :lol: If you're gonna insult someone, at least make your sentence legible. :yuck:

If you don't like my views - delete me and stop being so damn annoying...I WILL NOT MISS ANY OF YOU OR THIS SITE - clear enough for you?

I hope the mods don't "delete" you. We could use a punching bag.

Any by the way, the name of this thread is wrong - the motor carriage is not from 1889 - its from 1886 :D

I hate to say this, but you got a point. It's not from '89, it's supposed to be 1886, nor is it a Mercedes-Benz. It's actually just a Benz. Mercedes partnered up with Benz much later...like 40 years after the Motorwagen was created. :indiff: The first Mercedes Benz car was produced in 1926.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz

''Punching bag'', eh? He, he, if only we were talking face to face...
or should i say face to knee - your face to my knee. :D

......yawns.

Any by the way, the name of this thread is wrong - the motor carriage is not from 1889 - its from 1886 :D

That's true, but the lap time you claim that you've done isn't.
As I'm one of the few that have conquered the Nurburgring with the 1886 charriots (4-wheeler) , I see your claims as an insult to me.

MadMax

Ooohh! you all really hurt my feelings :D So what to what you think! If you don't like my views - delete me and stop being so damn annoying...I WILL NOT MISS ANY OF YOU OR THIS SITE - clear enough for you?

Interesting, I thought you were leaving?

''Punching bag'', eh? He, he, if only we were talking face to face...
or should i say face to knee - your face to my knee. :D

If we can't believe you when you state something simple (like you are going away), then why should we believe anything you say?

Nice AUP violation there. If Parnelli hasn't reported you already, then you are one lucky guy.

Naw, there's no need to report this. Everyone's aware of what's going on. I believe the only reason Nurburgringking hasn't been banned is we're all amused someone could be that smug, and so clueless as well about how to talk to people. :lol:

I am amazed this thread has been around for several years, though, and nobody seems to have caught the error about the date (1886 versus 1889). :ouch: Or perhaps someone did (this is a huge thread, I'm not gonna read the entire thing) but nothing was done about it.

I am amazed this thread has been around for several years, though, and nobody seems to have caught the error about the date (1886 versus 1889). :ouch: Or perhaps someone did (this is a huge thread, I'm not gonna read the entire thing) but nothing was done about it.

Or nobody cared. :lol:

Hi, this is James2097 back. Forgot my password after so long away - so signed up again.
Just like to chuckle at this thread still going, and apologise for getting the 1886/9 year thing wrong about the motor carriage.

Wonder if there's anyone around I used to know still.

Naw, there's no need to report this. Everyone's aware of what's going on. I believe the only reason Nurburgringking hasn't been banned is we're all amused someone could be that smug, and so clueless as well about how to talk to people. :lol:

I've been posting in this thread since mid 2006. I noticed the error, but i never really cared.

Hi, this is James2097 back. Forgot my password after so long away - so signed up again.
Just like to chuckle at this thread still going, and apologise for getting the 1886/9 year thing wrong about the motor carriage.

Wonder if there's anyone around I used to know still.

Do you remember me? I've been at this thread since mid 2006 and used to be called lthiele.

Hi, everyone, im back again, and the attitude HAS NOW CHANGED :D And i have once again improved my Nurburgring record - 5:08:xxx with the Sauber C9 - getting better slowly...i will post a vid of it to youtube sometime soon to prove it. Also, is a lap of Seattle forward in a Chapparal ''fridge car'' 2J in 1:38 good?

Hi, everyone, im back again, and the attitude HAS NOW CHANGED :D And i have once again improved my Nurburgring record - 5:08:xxx with the Sauber C9 - getting better slowly...i will post a vid of it to youtube sometime soon to prove it. Also, is a lap of Seattle forward in a Chapparal ''fridge car'' 2J in 1:38 good?

Regardless of attitude, this isn't the right thread for discussing times with those cars. Feel free to have a go of the wagon/carriage without using cheats if you like. :)

Regardless of attitude, this isn't the right thread for discussing times with those cars. Feel free to have a go of the wagon/carriage without using cheats if you like. :)

It's much more difficult that it seems, and it seemed nigh impossible to begin with. I have yet to actually reach the start line.

wow.. going back a few years to the first post.. good job man. I could never have the patients for that. lol.

Greetings James2097

It's nice to hear again from one of the GIANT'S in low-speed racing!

The interest that you sparked back in 2005 with this thread was just amazing.👍

I have not attempted to climb the first hill at Nurburgring, but I did try out the Motor Carriage on the Beginner Course to see if I could handle the speed.:eek: My best time on the Beginner Course in the Arcade Mode was a blistering 2.31.473

I will have to practice more with the Motor Carriage before I dare use the Motor Wagen because I understand that due to the Wagen's 3-wheel aerodynamic properties, higher speeds can be reached.:)

After my practice on the Beginner Course, I went back to Nurburgring and used the tacking method to cross the start/finish line and had a nice leisurely drive down to the first big hill. I stopped and had some lunch and contemplated the incline. Much respect to you and the others that have climbed this hill. I then drove my Motor Carriage back to the Museum where it belongs.:)

Repectfully,
GTsail290

Last edited:
It's nice to hear again from one of the GIANT'S in low-speed racing!

The interest that you sparked back in 2005 with this thread was just amazing.👍

I have not attempted to climb the first hill at Nurburgring, but I did try out the Motor Carriage on the Beginner Course to see if I could handle the speed.:eek: My best time on the Beginner Course in the Arcade Mode was a blistering 2.31.473

I wish I had been here when this thread got started..

One giant replying: Recordbreaking fast lap you did 👍

After my practice on the Beginner Course, I went back to Nurburgring and used the tacking method to cross the start/finish line and had a nice leisurely drive down to the first big hill. I stopped and had some lunch and contemplated the incline. Much respect to you and the others that have climbed this hill. I then drove my Motor Carriage back to the Museum where it belongs.:)

Big 👍 for the comeback and the accomplishment of climbing to start line
and reaching the 2nd wall.
That hill you talk about normally takes with the 4 wheeler 25-30 minutes to climb (by using the "pendulum motion" )

MadMax

One giant replying: Recordbreaking fast lap you did 👍...

MadMax

Thanks MadMax86 -

My time was greatly enhanced by my judicious use of drafting on the front straight.:sly:

I timed my practice runs to co-incide with track cleaning intermissions and was able to get a nice draft off the track cleaning truck (street-sweeper).

GTsail290

I timed my practice runs to co-incide with track cleaning intermissions and was able to get a nice draft off the track cleaning truck (street-sweeper).
Hahaha.

Also, I'm looking forward to starting a similarly low-speed thread once GT5 comes out... assuming it has some appropriate vehicles. :sly:

I wonder how the next-gen physics will change things up?

P.S. Mucho respecto for getting past the start/finish line, and cruising to the next hill. Just doing that is probably more than enough to understand what tooling around in the motor carriage entails.

Back