Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Ive just realised, I have no pictures on this page of my thread other than one of Seb Vettel.. This can't be right and needs amending right now.

View attachment 234521

Ah much better. Lewis Hamilton driving the McLaren F1 car from a few years back. :) Does everyone notice that there is no male anatomy parts poking out the front? A much better look all round in my opinion. Sounded better too.. Infact, it was just generally better..
Of course a screaming V10 sound much better :) and sorry for the pic of Seb (i'm not his fan) but after the news i had to post it

Last edited:
1,130.963 points on the Ferrari Sierra course. Perfect run and everything! Oh yeah! That felt good to get gold on that event.

Circuito de la Sierra - Time Rally.jpg

Last edited:
For all my usual contributors, if you have a few minutes and a spare 200K in credits, it would be handy if you could create a tune from the thread below and review it. There hasn't been much activity there since @Bowtie-muscle created the thread and I fully appreciate that Bowtie is trying to keep the difficult car (theme) going. There aren't many people who put in the time and effort to keep these threads alive so I'm just trying to do my bit. I have reviewed a tune that Bowtie created for that thread (and jokingly painted the car pink) but in all seriousness, a few more reviews would be great if possible.

Many thanks to those in advance who can find the time, if not, no problem, I can understand better than most that time is precious and not everyone has the time to do these things.

The thread is:

Car of the Month October - Featuring the C5 Vette! (the next difficult car thread)

I'll try to build some of the cars in here ^ and leave feedback. After all. they are american cars and there is a seasonal perfect for it.

Shaun, my reviews are not extensive as yours or @Bowtie-muscle (he knows, because I usually do a lot of his tunes), but i'll try to leave info as much detail as I can. I always try to get all the cars ti the limit, but sometimes its hard to pass those feelings to text (for me)...

👍

I'll try to build some of the cars in here ^ and leave feedback. After all. they are american cars and there is a seasonal perfect for it.

Shaun, my reviews are not extensive as yours or @Bowtie-muscle (he knows, because I usually do a lot of his tunes), but i'll try to leave info as much detail as I can. I always try to get all the cars ti the limit, but sometimes its hard to pass those feelings to text (for me)...

👍
No problem. Write as little or as much as you like (or are able to in English). You are pretty good with your contributions from previous seasonals so I'm sure whatever you write will be good. You are right about the seasonal being perfect for some of the tunes listed. I am personally proud of my C5 '00 at 500PP on SS tyres but thats only because its such a good money earner along with being a nice car to drive. Which ever car(s) you decide to review, I will be happy to read and I'm guessing @Bowtie-muscle will be too. :) Thanks.

No problem. Write as little or as much as you like (or are able to in English). You are pretty good with your contributions from previous seasonals so I'm sure whatever you write will be good. You are right about the seasonal being perfect for some of the tunes listed. I am personally proud of my C5 '00 at 500PP on SS tyres but thats only because its such a good money earner along with being a nice car to drive. Which ever car(s) you decide to review, I will be happy to read and I'm guessing @Bowtie-muscle will be too. :) Thanks.

👍 Will start building the cars asap... Now im watching Fast & Furious 5... :P

:cheers:

PS: Funny, English is my 2nd language, but sometimes it seems like I never study it... :indiff:

👍 Will start building the cars asap... Now im watching Fast & Furious 5... :P

:cheers:

PS: Funny, English is my 2nd language, but sometimes it seems like I never study it... :indiff:
Great film. I like the way they destroy rio in different cars to the ones that they stole from the police station.. :) Still, can't complain about the little things they get wrong, I do love all the fast and the furious films. Enjoy!

Great film. I like the way they destroy rio in different cars to the ones that they stole from the police station.. :) Still, can't complain about the little things they get wrong, I do love all the fast and the furious films. Enjoy!

Lol, I do like to find those little mistakes too... 👍 I also like it alot, im waiting for the series to be complete, to get me one of these:

You may as well wait till 2016 when F7 box set comes out. Fast and furious 7 is out in 2015 sometime. Going to be sad that film..

👍 I have no rush, Im curious for the last movie, mainly because what we all know... I have the 6 movies in Blu-Ray downloaded, but when a movie is one of my favourites I like to buy the blu-ray to keep it (also saves space in computer... :P)

|Super Class|Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge|ABS 0|No Aids|Winners|

Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11

600PP
663 BHP
1500kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Sports Soft Tyres
|600PP|
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow.jpg

Unexpected
Caterham Seven Fireblade '02

597PP
216 BHP
400kgs

Sports Soft Tyre
|597PP|No pit stop|
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_1.jpg

Fantastic
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ‘13

700PP
1304BHP
1430kgs
Weight Distribution 47:53

Sports Soft Tyres
|650PP|
Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_2.jpg

The Insane, tamed :scared:

* Yes, First Final Gear: 5000.

Last edited:
Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package ‘12 (Seasonal Setup)

579PP
645 BHP
1240kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Sports Hard Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension
F/R
90/95
15.25/24.00
5/3
4/4
2/4
1.0/1.2
-0.05/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 3.601
2nd 2.723
3rd 2.117
4th 1.717
5th 1.444
6th 1.261
Set final gear to 3.600 (or 3.500 depending on your top speed for the seasonal)

FC LSD
8/10/15
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 98.8%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Ballast – Set 12kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

Keep this car on the tarmac and you'll get gold very easily on the 580PP Lexus seasonal. Without pushing this car and having a bad first corner, I got a 1.33.4xx.

apricot-hill-raceway-jpg.230211

apricot-hill-raceway_1-jpg.230210

apricot-hill-raceway_2-jpg.230209
Hello good sir! Thank you for all the great tunes here, especially recently. All the work you have put in to this tuning game has made it just that much more fun for the rest of us.:cheers:. I'm having a problem with this, though. I can't seem to get the dive into the corners right. The cars rotation seems pretty stable all around except under braking. I can't seem to break the 1:34. mark yet on the LFA seasonal. I've adjusted the tune a little bit to fit my crazy driving style:crazy:, but still can't get the right mid to late exit speed due to the over rotating. I've chased some of the top 10 ghosts and tried braking earlier but still can't seem to get it right. I adjusted the SR to 15.50/23.50, rear damp comp 5, ARB 1/4 added some rear toe for stability. And evened out the brake balance. Oh yeah, then I increased the decel to 22. Maybe the changes I made made it worse:rolleyes:. Any tips would be greatly welcomed. Sorry, I had to edit because my mobile froze while texting

Last edited:
|Super Class|Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge|ABS 0|No Aids|Winners|

|600PP|
View attachment 234638
Unexpected

|597PP|
View attachment 234639
Fantastic

|650PP|
View attachment 234640
The Insane, tamed :scared:

* Yes, First Final Gear: 5000.
Awesome. The Caddy car is a surprise as it weighs a fair amount but well done keeping that on the track for 20 miles :) I love that Caterham Seven. Its like a giant go-kart which you can really chuck around with confidence and Yes.. the Bugatti, it really is tamed but you really can't take it for granted, miss your breaking spot by 10 meters and your in a barrier or in the gravel. It really needs precise timing for the slow corners. You are giving my tunes a thorough test with all these endurance races.

Hello good sir! Thank you for all the great tunes here, especially recently. All the work you have put in to this tuning game has made it just that much more fun for the rest of us.:cheers:. I'm having a problem with this, though. I can't seem to get the dive into the corners right. The cars rotation seems pretty stable all around except under braking. I can't seem to break the 1:34. mark yet on the LFA seasonal. I've adjusted the tune a little bit to fit my crazy driving style:crazy:, but still can't get the right mid to late exit speed due to the over rotating. I've chased some of the top 10 ghosts and tried braking earlier but still can't seem to get it right. I adjusted the SR to 15.50/23.50, rear damp comp 5, ARB 1/4 added some rear toe for stability. And evened out the brake balance. Oh yeah, then I increased the decel to 22. Maybe the changes I made made it worse:rolleyes:. Any tips would be greatly welcomed. Sorry, I had to edit because my mobile froze while texting
Your welcome on the tunes i do, its no hassle and I enjoy what I do thoroughly, I just wish I had more time to do it these days. The tune you are trying to get gold with is unstable under braking but that is on purpose for that track, The camber, the corners and the flowing through the corners need an unstable tune in the LFA Nurb Package.

All I can suggest is go with the original tune and practice in free run mode in the same race settings (time, temp etc..) You will learn the braking points and you will get a fast time with this tune. If you find that you still struggle, try using the LFA '10 tune I created, that is a lot easier to drive and you will have gold by lap 2 with that car. It isn't as fast as the '12 car but you will probably have more confidence straight away with it.

Awesome. The Caddy car is a surprise as it weighs a fair amount but well done keeping that on the track for 20 miles :) I love that Caterham Seven. Its like a giant go-kart which you can really chuck around with confidence and Yes.. the Bugatti, it really is tamed but you really can't take it for granted, miss your breaking spot by 10 meters and your in a barrier or in the gravel. It really needs precise timing for the slow corners. You are giving my tunes a thorough test with all these endurance races.
With all the pleasure! :cheers:
I forgot to add that the Caterham did it without pit stop. 👍

Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
(Mine is painted Blu Montecarlo, Both the body work and the brake callipers)

500PP
358 BHP
1350kgs

Sports Soft Tyres
Change Oil

Aero Kit Type B
Custom Wing Type A

Standard Size Wheels

FC Sus
F/R
100/105
10.00/14.75
5/3
4/4
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
7/6

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.901
2nd 2.245
3rd 1.770
4th 1.445
5th 1.225
6th 1.079
Set final gear to 3.400

FC LSD
12/15/25
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 80.1%
All power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Downforce set to 15
Ballast - Set 49kgs to Position -35

Tuned for the 500PP SS Muscle Car seasonal. I was able to get 1.20.xxx laps after the first lap. Very quick car and stable.

camaro10-jpg.121561

I really hope that this is the end of the race.. What a great result, An excellent chance for Hamilton to get momentum over Rosberg and Button is up in 5th place! long time since I've seen Button this high on merit :)

Edit: Great decision by the FIA. I have disagreed with some of their decisions in the past but this was a good decision.

I hope that Jules Bianchi is okay. the lack of news is never a good thing but the medics were on the scene quickly. A sombre end to what was a great race.

Last edited:
Syracuse_4.jpg

Excellent! 👍​

Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
(Mine is painted Blu Montecarlo, Both the body work and the brake callipers)

500PP
358 BHP
1350kgs

Sports Soft Tyres
|ABS 0|No Aids|Winner|

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_9.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_8.jpg

|Seasonal|Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps|​

Alfa Romeo GUILIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 ‘65

519PP
206 BHP
645kgs

Racing Hard Tyres

|519PP|RH|ABS 0|No Aids|Winner|

Fuji Speedway F.jpg

|International A Class|Super GT300 Championship|
|Race 2 - Fuji Speedway F (2005 GT)|550PP|RH|​

Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (Seasonal Setup)

500PP
318 BHP
1006kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
90/95
9.25/9.00
5/3
4/4
1/4
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.618
2nd 2.013
3rd 1.606
4th 1.317
5th 1.114
6th 0.974
Set final gear to 3.750

FC LSD
12/15/20
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.9%
all power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

This tune achieved a best lap time of 1.18.814 with an opening lap of 1.22.xx. A very quick tune which I will make into a general tune for future events at some point in the future. For now though, enjoy the speed and balance this car has.

Autumn Ring_1.jpg

Autumn Ring.jpg

Last edited:
Well, its definitely official now. @Badger66 is now a official tuner. His reviews for the Focus ST 2006 are very good for someone who is new to tuning. Through being an unofficial advisor (I basically say what is good on his tune and what needs some improvement) on the Stang tune, I can see that his creations are getting faster and smoother with each iteration. Keep up with the good work Badger and after this FITT competition, you should definitely pick a few cars which you like the look off, tune them up and post them for us to try out.

handclap.jpg

Well, its definitely official now. @Badger66 is now a official tuner. His reviews for the Focus ST 2006 are very good for someone who is new to tuning. Through being an unofficial advisor (I basically say what is good on his tune and what needs some improvement) on the Stang tune, I can see that his creations are getting faster and smoother with each iteration. Keep up with the good work Badger and after this FITT competition, you should definitely pick a few cars which you like the look off, tune them up and post them for us to try out.

View attachment 235662
Here here. Well said Shaun :) 👍

View attachment 235662

Thanks Shaun....But i will take my hat off too you even more now i've been tuning and now i know what you and other tuners do..to tune a car.... it can get well confusing...ie you do something and think that worked out well...until you get futher around the track and then something negative happens...and then....Back to the drawing board..:lol:

My Tuning efforts on Willow are not going as well as they did when i started off....it's really a hard track to get right...you can tune the car to do really well on the big sweeping bends but then it's not as good on the small corners and vice versa....i'm having problems trying to balance out the two...plus i'm running out of time...i hope i haven't bitten off more than i can chew...as they say....But i know i'm so close...:cheers:

Back