Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. danbojte

danbojte

Thank you, Sahun. I like to beat them, I LOVE racing! ;) :tup:

chrisspeed281 and shaunm80 like this.
  2. shaunm80

shaunm80

Next time we have an online race, feel free to join in as we have a few competitive people who race online.. :)

chrisspeed281 likes this.
  3. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Of course a screaming V10 sound much better :) and sorry for the pic of Seb (i'm not his fan) but after the news i had to post it

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  4. danbojte

danbojte

Thank you, Shaun. I'll try. :)

5. shaunm80

shaunm80

1,130.963 points on the Ferrari Sierra course. Perfect run and everything! Oh yeah! That felt good to get gold on that event.

Circuito de la Sierra - Time Rally.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  6. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

I'll try to build some of the cars in here ^ and leave feedback. After all. they are american cars and there is a seasonal perfect for it.

Shaun, my reviews are not extensive as yours or @Bowtie-muscle (he knows, because I usually do a lot of his tunes), but i'll try to leave info as much detail as I can. I always try to get all the cars ti the limit, but sometimes its hard to pass those feelings to text (for me)...

:tup:

7. shaunm80

shaunm80

No problem. Write as little or as much as you like (or are able to in English). You are pretty good with your contributions from previous seasonals so I'm sure whatever you write will be good. You are right about the seasonal being perfect for some of the tunes listed. I am personally proud of my C5 '00 at 500PP on SS tyres but thats only because its such a good money earner along with being a nice car to drive. Which ever car(s) you decide to review, I will be happy to read and I'm guessing @Bowtie-muscle will be too. :) Thanks.

8. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

:tup: Will start building the cars asap... Now im watching Fast & Furious 5... :p

:cheers:

PS: Funny, English is my 2nd language, but sometimes it seems like I never study it... :indiff:

Badger66 and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  9. shaunm80

shaunm80

Great film. I like the way they destroy rio in different cars to the ones that they stole from the police station.. :) Still, can't complain about the little things they get wrong, I do love all the fast and the furious films. Enjoy!

Badger66 and cbarbosa like this.
  10. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

Lol, I do like to find those little mistakes too... :tup: I also like it alot, im waiting for the series to be complete, to get me one of these:

Badger66 likes this.
  11. shaunm80

shaunm80

You may as well wait till 2016 when F7 box set comes out. Fast and furious 7 is out in 2015 sometime. Going to be sad that film..

Badger66 and cbarbosa like this.
  12. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

:tup: I have no rush, Im curious for the last movie, mainly because what we all know... I have the 6 movies in Blu-Ray downloaded, but when a movie is one of my favourites I like to buy the blu-ray to keep it (also saves space in computer... :p)

Badger66 likes this.
  13. danbojte

danbojte

|Super Class|Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge|ABS 0|No Aids|Winners|

|600PP|
    Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow.jpg
    Unexpected
    |597PP|No pit stop|
    Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_1.jpg
    Fantastic
    |650PP|
    Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_2.jpg
    The Insane, tamed :scared:

* Yes, First Final Gear: 5000.

Badger66, Pete05 and shaunm80 like this.
  14. Burned_Rubber

Burned_Rubber

Hello good sir! Thank you for all the great tunes here, especially recently. All the work you have put in to this tuning game has made it just that much more fun for the rest of us.:cheers:. I'm having a problem with this, though. I can't seem to get the dive into the corners right. The cars rotation seems pretty stable all around except under braking. I can't seem to break the 1:34. mark yet on the LFA seasonal. I've adjusted the tune a little bit to fit my crazy driving style:crazy:, but still can't get the right mid to late exit speed due to the over rotating. I've chased some of the top 10 ghosts and tried braking earlier but still can't seem to get it right. I adjusted the SR to 15.50/23.50, rear damp comp 5, ARB 1/4 added some rear toe for stability. And evened out the brake balance. Oh yeah, then I increased the decel to 22. Maybe the changes I made made it worse:rolleyes:. Any tips would be greatly welcomed. Sorry, I had to edit because my mobile froze while texting

Badger66 and shaunm80 like this.
  15. shaunm80

shaunm80

Awesome. The Caddy car is a surprise as it weighs a fair amount but well done keeping that on the track for 20 miles :) I love that Caterham Seven. Its like a giant go-kart which you can really chuck around with confidence and Yes.. the Bugatti, it really is tamed but you really can't take it for granted, miss your breaking spot by 10 meters and your in a barrier or in the gravel. It really needs precise timing for the slow corners. You are giving my tunes a thorough test with all these endurance races.

Badger66, Pete05 and danbojte like this.
  16. shaunm80

shaunm80

Your welcome on the tunes i do, its no hassle and I enjoy what I do thoroughly, I just wish I had more time to do it these days. The tune you are trying to get gold with is unstable under braking but that is on purpose for that track, The camber, the corners and the flowing through the corners need an unstable tune in the LFA Nurb Package.

All I can suggest is go with the original tune and practice in free run mode in the same race settings (time, temp etc..) You will learn the braking points and you will get a fast time with this tune. If you find that you still struggle, try using the LFA '10 tune I created, that is a lot easier to drive and you will have gold by lap 2 with that car. It isn't as fast as the '12 car but you will probably have more confidence straight away with it.

Badger66, Pete05 and Burned_Rubber like this.
  17. danbojte

danbojte

With all the pleasure! :cheers:
    I forgot to add that the Caterham did it without pit stop. :tup:

Badger66 and Pete05 like this.
  18. shaunm80

shaunm80

Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
    (Mine is painted Blu Montecarlo, Both the body work and the brake callipers)

500PP
    358 BHP
    1350kgs
    Weight Distribution 49:51

Sports Soft Tyres
    Change Oil

Aero Kit Type B
    Custom Wing Type A

Standard Size Wheels

FC Sus
    F/R
    100/105
    10.00/14.75
    5/3
    4/4
    2/4
    0.0/0.0
    -0.04/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
    7/6

FC Transmission
    Set final gear to 4.500
    set max speed to 124mph
    1st 2.901
    2nd 2.245
    3rd 1.770
    4th 1.445
    5th 1.225
    6th 1.079
    Set final gear to 3.400

FC LSD
    12/15/25
    Triple Plate Clutch
    Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 80.1%
    All power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
    Carbon Bonnet
    Window Weight Reduction

Downforce set to 15
    Ballast - Set 49kgs to Position -35

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

Tuned for the 500PP SS Muscle Car seasonal. I was able to get 1.20.xxx laps after the first lap. Very quick car and stable.

[​IMG]

19. shaunm80

shaunm80

@Bowtie-muscle - I thought you might want to pass comment on the new Camaro tune I just revised for the seasonal. You gave a concise write up on the Vette and it would be nice to know if you think this new can can be improved in any areas.

Edit: If you have the time of course.

20. Badger66

Badger66

Well done Shaun...i bet that's a relief....:tup:

chrisspeed281 and Pete05 like this.
  21. shaunm80

shaunm80

I really hope that this is the end of the race.. What a great result, An excellent chance for Hamilton to get momentum over Rosberg and Button is up in 5th place! long time since I've seen Button this high on merit :)

Edit: Great decision by the FIA. I have disagreed with some of their decisions in the past but this was a good decision.

I hope that Jules Bianchi is okay. the lack of news is never a good thing but the medics were on the scene quickly. A sombre end to what was a great race.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  22. danbojte

danbojte

Syracuse_4.jpg

Excellent! :tup:

|ABS 0|No Aids|Winner|

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_9.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_8.jpg

|Seasonal|Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps|​

|519PP|RH|ABS 0|No Aids|Winner|

Fuji Speedway F.jpg

|International A Class|Super GT300 Championship|
    |Race 2 - Fuji Speedway F (2005 GT)|550PP|RH|​

23. shaunm80

shaunm80

That Alfa looks tiny compared to the GT300 cars. Nice win. That car is in the top 5 most beautifully modelled car in GT6.

24. shaunm80

shaunm80

Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (Seasonal Setup)

500PP
    318 BHP
    1006kgs
    Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
    90/95
    9.25/9.00
    5/3
    4/4
    1/4
    0.0/0.0
    -0.04/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
    6/7

FC Transmission
    Set final gear to 5.000
    Set max speed to 124mph
    1st 2.618
    2nd 2.013
    3rd 1.606
    4th 1.317
    5th 1.114
    6th 0.974
    Set final gear to 3.750

FC LSD
    12/15/20
    Triple Plate Clutch
    Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.9%
    all power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
    Carbon Bonnet
    Window Weight Reduction

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This tune achieved a best lap time of 1.18.814 with an opening lap of 1.22.xx. A very quick tune which I will make into a general tune for future events at some point in the future. For now though, enjoy the speed and balance this car has.

Autumn Ring_1.jpg
    Autumn Ring.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Roo, pacorro36, cbarbosa and 3 others like this.
  25. shaunm80

shaunm80

If I recall, @chrisspeed281, you are due to have a GT6 hiatus. I hope all goes well and hope to see you back ASAP. We will try not to discuss the new seasonals too much whilst you are away. :)

Badger66 and Pete05 like this.
  26. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Thanks Shaun ..i have no problem if you discuss the new seasonals. I would like to know how they are and seasonals stay one month so i can join them later :)

Badger66, shaunm80 and Pete05 like this.
  27. shaunm80

shaunm80

Well, its definitely official now. @Badger66 is now a official tuner. His reviews for the Focus ST 2006 are very good for someone who is new to tuning. Through being an unofficial advisor (I basically say what is good on his tune and what needs some improvement) on the Stang tune, I can see that his creations are getting faster and smoother with each iteration. Keep up with the good work Badger and after this FITT competition, you should definitely pick a few cars which you like the look off, tune them up and post them for us to try out.

handclap.jpg

28. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Here here. Well said Shaun :) :tup:

Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  29. Badger66

Badger66

Good luck Buddy...Hope you get sorted and out of Hospital quickly...take care mate...:cheers:

chrisspeed281 and Pete05 like this.
  30. Badger66

Badger66

Thanks Shaun....But i will take my hat off too you even more now i've been tuning and now i know what you and other tuners do..to tune a car.... it can get well confusing...ie you do something and think that worked out well...until you get futher around the track and then something negative happens...and then....Back to the drawing board..:lol:

My Tuning efforts on Willow are not going as well as they did when i started off....it's really a hard track to get right...you can tune the car to do really well on the big sweeping bends but then it's not as good on the small corners and vice versa....i'm having problems trying to balance out the two...plus i'm running out of time...i hope i haven't bitten off more than i can chew...as they say....But i know i'm so close...:cheers:

chrisspeed281, Pete05 and shaunm80 like this.