2-Wheel Drive Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Circuito de la Sierra

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 278 comments
:lol:

Same here... I can get a decent amount ahead over the 1st 3 mins of the lap, but there's a section where his ghost line just flies past me and then slowly disappears!

I know the back half of the track much better now, but it's a bit of a mute point as I'm off to Spain for a week tomorrow am so won't get chance to run again :(

Yesterday I managed to stay up with him on couple of tries and best was until that firs really long straight when he started to pull away, gradually disappearing in the distance... And the phase I have to have to keep up even that long is taking all my talent... Not the easies thing to see him just pull off, greates a certain pressure :lol:

Couldn't understand why I wasn't improving, then rather embarrasingly realised I set my best time with 493pp, forgot to do an oil change.
Now with 500pp I have improved to 9:05:595 and placed 242th. rather enjoying this event.

This is my best placing ever, please, please don't ruin it for me. Thanks. :).

Couldn't understand why I wasn't improving, then rather embarrasingly realised I set my best time with 493pp, forgot to do an oil change.
Now with 500pp I have improved to 9:05:595 and placed 242th. rather enjoying this event.

This is my best placing ever, please, please don't ruin it for me. Thanks. :).
Ha ha, would if I could SJC ALPHA but doubt I'll do so.

@Otaliema, nice job with the transmission settings!

I used the first one in your list and was able to shave 3+ seconds off my time down to 9:23.0xx. Definitely a noticeable improvement in the feel of the car with the new gearings. I might experiment with the other settings or mabye the LSD to see if I can push the car a little more.
Great job with that. I just redid the transmission trying something and it seems to have worked, hitting 273 km/h on the first big straight with a entry speed of 128ish.
Note my 273 is being set with a car with 250 hp so an oil changed car will def get more.
Set final gear 6.000
Set TS 180 km/h (min)
1st 4.039
2nd 3.026
3rd 2.355
4th 1.962
5th 1.710
6th 1.497
Final 3.500

Best transmission yet
275 on the first big straight, and 240 on the start/finish, I actually had a problem with this transmission. I was going too fast and my braking points didn't work :lol: good problem right?
Set Final gear to 3.800
Set Top speed 270 km/h
1st 4.920
2nd 3.583
3rd 2.811
4th 2.299
5th 1.931
6th 1.646
Final 3.000
Note if you feel you need a little more top end speed adjust 6th gear longer by 0.050-0.100 to gain another 10-20 km/h on the top end. but I left room to get to 280+ km/h on this set up.

Oh my... Well, don't I feel like quite the fool! Why the heck did I think these events were finished for online registration? Probably because I "gave up" trying to improve my times by like day 2 of the event.

Geez...I'm patting people on the back for events that haven't finished yet, I'm incorrectly attributing Tunes out of Ridox's garage. What's wrong with me? It's times like this that I really wish I could have a nice, stiff drink. :embarrassed: :grumpy:

I modded @Stotty tune a bit and ran a 4:15 first half of the track not sure how that stands compaired to the rest of the world.
GSx-R/4 '01
No chassis reinforment
Rear wing
No Oil change
No Weight redux
Power parts Everything at max

Ride 90 90
Springs 6.20 5.05
Dampers 5/4 4/4
ARB 5/7
Camber 0.0 0.03
Toe 0.00 0.05
Brakes 7/4 Racing

Set Final gear to 3.800
Set Top speed 270 km/h
1st 4.920
2nd 3.583
3rd 2.811
4th 2.299
5th 1.931
6th 1.646
Final 3.000

Power Limiter 100.0

LSD 5/6/8

Body
Aero 0/15
Ballast
155@6

Hahaha no kidding...right? Sadly...No. I can't drink anymore. :grumpy: It's a health thing. Kinda sucks since I run a Pub too... So, when I do this: :cheers: We are sharing a root beer. :D
Rootbeer is good. So is Ginger Ale. (homemade is best)

Great job with that. I just redid the transmission trying something and it seems to have worked, hitting 273 km/h on the first big straight with a entry speed of 128ish.

Yeah, I was able to shave another 10 seconds off later and I was in the 600s overall last night which is definitely an accomplishment for me... thanks again!

Best transmission yet
275 on the first big straight, and 240 on the start/finish, I actually had a problem with this transmission. I was going too fast and my braking points didn't work :lol: good problem right?

Yeah, I had that problem too when I switched to your settings yesterday. Now I look forward to seeing what these "new, improved" settings do for my time... maybe it will be too fast for me :lol:

I modded @Stotty tune a bit and ran a 4:15 first half of the track not sure how that stands compaired to the rest of the world.

So what happened to the rest of the lap? :sly: (I can probably guess if it's anything like what was happening to me last night)

So many settings options... will definitely put in some more time on this over the weekend. Problem now is if I improve I won't know whether it's the change in settings or I'm just learning the track better :lol:

Rootbeer is good. So is Ginger Ale. (homemade is best)

Have you ever tried Ginger Beer? I recently discovered Crabbies and the Moscow Mule... yumm! :cheers:

@luv2drive I have tried Ginger Beer. It's okay...Not my favorite, but it'll do in a pinch. :D I'm not a huge soda drinker, but when I do have a can it is usually Sierra Mist or Ginger Ale. I spent a LOT of time in the hospital back in 2008 and I came away from that ordeal with two newly formed facts. 1) Nurses are the greatest people on the planet. (If you saw that 60 Minutes report on the first Ebola patient in the USA, you'll see what I mean) and 2) Ginger Ale is freakin' awesome. I was usually on fluid restrictions when I was hospitalized, but when I wasn't I drank LOADS of Ginger Ale. Just awesome... :D

Ugh....Now that I know there is a handful of days left to this event, I might just go back and try it with one of the tunes provided. I really love this track. It's so nice for so many different reasons. It's not perfect. But it's really, really good for certain types of events, like this Seasonal, more so than actual racing, IMO.

If I do re-run this event I might even switch cars. I used the GSX-R just so I could get my Gold and be done with it, but there is something about using my RUF RGT '00 that sounds appealing to me.

@luv2drive
If I do re-run this event I might even switch cars. I used the GSX-R just so I could get my Gold and be done with it, but there is something about using my RUF RGT '00 that sounds appealing to me.

Funny you mention the RUF... ever since GT5 I have cringed at the sound of it because I had so much trouble trying to control it. I actually haven't driven it since, but I had virtually NO SKILL at all back then. All my prior experience had been with FWD or 4WD cars so I just always slammed hard into every corner with full force.

I can't say I have significant skill now, but I've definitely improved, so it might be worth while to give it a try and see if I can tame it :)

Rgt is good fun on sierra. I tried it a couple of nights ago and ran a 9'20 with the ds3 👍

One fast lap and one very drifty lap :D

Rgt is good fun on sierra. I tried it a couple of nights ago and ran a 9'20 with the ds3 👍

Hmmm...Okay, if you drove a 9:20.xxx in the RGT...let me look on the ALB Lap Time Conversion Chart For Alien Times, I should probably run a.... Oh look, it says "Disqualified as my car is upside down, on it's roof, in flames on the side of the road". :lol: :bowdown:

Oh look, it says "Disqualified as my car is upside down, on it's roof, in flames on the side of the road". :lol:

The RUF RGT isn't that^^^^^ bad to drive.

Due to the nature of the RUF's curved roof...........after it does a roll-over, its able to right itself before any flames ignite (usually).:D

BTW: any chance you could give me a lift back to the pits? My RUF has suffered a minor incident before I was able to complete a lap, so I'm stranded out on the Sierra track. There's no rush though, I'm roasting some marshmellows as I wait, so I'm content to enjoy the afternoon sunshine for a bit.;)

At the BBQ
GTsail

Yeah, I was able to shave another 10 seconds off later and I was in the 600s overall last night which is definitely an accomplishment for me... thanks again!

Yeah, I had that problem too when I switched to your settings yesterday. Now I look forward to seeing what these "new, improved" settings do for my time... maybe it will be too fast for me :lol:

So what happened to the rest of the lap? :sly: (I can probably guess if it's anything like what was happening to me last night)

So many settings options... will definitely put in some more time on this over the weekend. Problem now is if I improve I won't know whether it's the change in settings or I'm just learning the track better :lol:

Have you ever tried Ginger Beer? I recently discovered Crabbies and the Moscow Mule... yumm! :cheers:
Very nice to hear taking that much off. The new transmission is a hybrid design with a low FD to improve acceleration so the top end suffered a tad but you get up so fast it makes up for it.
As for that lap I caugt the dirt in the right hand sweeper coming down the back of the mountian almost saved it but caught my tail on the wall. Still 10 seconds for the closest person my friends list to pass me lol. If I can hold it together in sector 3 I can clear this event but the sweepers and the two chicanes are killing me.

I have had ginger beer it was ok. I need to try the recipe that Alton Brown has for it should be pretty tasty.

As for the improved trans it should only take a few tries to adjust its easier to brake earlier than later more room for error

Pmsl.... Very funny :lol: :D

Rgt is great to drive... To go fast, turn in is early, but power on early (car has amazing traction). For drifting, turn in later and harder, wait for the car to rotate and jump had on the gas.

Its easier on comforts, but once you get the feel, you can do big 4th and 5th gear skids :D

More fun drifting.... But lap times suffer :lol:

One car I haven't seen mentioned is the Pagani Zonda C12 '00. I had one in my garage with only an oil change so I power limited down to 500pp and managed a 9:44.XXX on my first try. I'm sure someone who can tune and who knows which turn is coming up next can shave at least 30-40 seconds off that.

The car doesn't have great speed but it has tons of grip and brakes very well.

Funny you mention the RUF... ever since GT5 I have cringed at the sound of it because I had so much trouble trying to control it. I actually haven't driven it since, but I had virtually NO SKILL at all back then. All my prior experience had been with FWD or 4WD cars so I just always slammed hard into every corner with full force.

I can't say I have significant skill now, but I've definitely improved, so it might be worth while to give it a try and see if I can tame it :)

So I took all of your advice and visited my old nemesis the RGT. I don't know if it's the tune, or that cars handle better in GT6, or maybe I'm just a little better now, but it wasn't so bad :) I'm guessing it's a combination of all three.

In any case, I ran a few laps, the first couple dirty as I was getting used to the car, and then finally turned in a clean lap of 9:36.xxx. As someone else said the car is very "twitchy" so I felt I had to drive a bit more conservatively than I've been driving with the GSX. @Stotty, your advice to turn in early was definitely helpful.

Once I got used to it, it was fairly smooth and fun to drive, but I did feel that at any moment one false move and I was toast. I'm not sure I need that kind of tension so I will probably just drive the RGT in measured doses (or maybe I just need to drive it more to get more comfortable with its handling)

BTW, in case anyone is interested I used Praiano's tune, but I lowered the final gear to 2.250 to get shift points more in line with what I was used to on this track from driving the GSX with @Otaliema 's excellent gearings.

9:45 in an rgt. 9:40 in the hsc-03. Could have done better but I lose focus around 8 minute mark. I refuse to use the gsx, and I'm just using the controller.

I could probably get my times down further, but I seriously lose focus.

One car I haven't seen mentioned is the Pagani Zonda C12 '00. I had one in my garage with only an oil change so I power limited down to 500pp and managed a 9:44.XXX on my first try. I'm sure someone who can tune and who knows which turn is coming up next can shave at least 30-40 seconds off that.

The car doesn't have great speed but it has tons of grip and brakes very well.

So I tried out the Zonda just for kicks same as you, stock with the power limiter very low to get it to 500pp. I'm not a big fan of detuning to that degree but thought I'd give it a try and managed a 9:38.xxx without much effort.

I agree the car is easy to handle and very forgiving, so for those having difficulty with this event I would definitely recommend trying it.

The problem is the power and top speed are much less than some of the other cars. I'm not an expert tuner, but I suspect this has a lot to do with the power limiter. I tried shifting early to compensate a little but the power simply isn't there.

I'd be curious how much extra could be squeezed out with some tuning - I'd suspect @Otaleima could definitely adapt the transmission to some more optimal settings.

I would really like to see some of the faster folks give the Muira, Type R NSX '02, Series One and RGT a good try. After reading through what some here have done with a few of these cars and then seeing times posted by these cars on the leaderboard. Not being able to get within 20 seconds of some of these cars myself and seeing a sub 9 minute Muira makes me very suspicious that hacking is more wide spread than we may think. An RGT lap 15 seconds faster than what @Stotty did with one is something I have a hard time believing.

Well I tried the Shelby and the RGT both got silver. I'm usually happy with that. I did want to get gold on this because of the paint chip. That's the only reason I even decided to try this event.

I sucummded to the GSX/R had a 9:54 and lost at the very end. With the same car I have not been able to duplicate that lap. Now frustration has set in. I was hoping to get this one done before I head back out but I don't know.
I figured, Hey I managed to win the new expert race with one try, I figured why not give this a try. So off I went only to end up with the same frustration I had at the Ring. go figure. Anybody got any suggestions?

I didn't do the TT for this track so today was my first go at. I'm very glad to have the ghost lines of @WhoosierGirl and @GTP_CargoRatt and @Fisho_Man and [USER=178228]@playnthru to chase. I'm still using the DS3. it has been 3 months since I used my DFGT. It took me a long time to get used to it after using a DS controllers since GT1. My time for GT6 is very limited.[/USER]

Last edited:
Hahaha no kidding...right? Sadly...No. I can't drink anymore. :grumpy: It's a health thing. Kinda sucks since I run a Pub too... So, when I do this: :cheers: We are sharing a root beer. :D
Ha ha cool - me too. I did a big charity gig on Saturday night for a sick kid (I'm a comedian) and was given a door prize - which turned out to be your weight in beer! I haven't drank in 20 years; lucky I didn't win - my weight in mineral water would just be so lame! :)👍

i did 8.55,xxx Rank 45th
Oil changed, no body reinforcement, custum wing
Full engine part 95.6% 251hp
Stg2 weight reduction ( 200 / -50 ) 59 : 41
lsd 13 12 10

110 / 110 brake 9 / 3 ( or 6 / 3 )with ABS 1
5,25 / 5,00
10 / 5
3 / 8
3 / 3
0.0 / 0.0
0.00 / 0.00

im using gearbox from Otaliema

final 3.800
max speed 270km
4,920 / 3.583 / 2.811 / 2.299 / 1,931 / 1,646
final 3.000

Anyone tried the Caterham Fireblade or LCC Rocket? Surely they must be good alternatives to the Gixxer? If its possible to get them down to 500PP of course.
I used the Rocket. Added 200kg and 175hp. Only able to get into the high 9:40s though. But it is a lot of fun. It has become my default 500pp Seasonal car.

Back