20 million credits for free!

Just a friendly reminder to all! Redundancy is absolutely paramount with sensitive data! Create a copy of your finalized v1.00 game save. Then, create a back-up, and then another back-up of that. Most importantly, create them on separate devices, in the event of storage device failures. And should PD/Sony implement a "repair" to this "exploit", you will be glad you made a v1.00 save game for offline use. :)

I was on the Playstation GT Forum earlier and there are many who think using the glitch gives people an unfair advantage. I don't think anyone who did the glitch has an unfair advantage...we just have the need try more cars without blowing either a lot of real money or excessive time grinding to get the cars we want to drive.

Glitchin' while I eat enchiladas, literally. Got dammit this is awesome.

Abarth Monoposto pseudo-race car, here I come.

People who have done the money glitch and they got a lot of $20 million cars in
their garage for later use to sell and they get a update patch or what ever they
should check their $20 million car to see if you can still sell them because if you can not
sell them that is just a waste of time. So if this does happen and PD makes the $20 million car unable to sell after and update just quit the game and go offline go to the backup game save and buy all the parts for all you nice cars so you will not have any problems buying parts if this does happens and then go back online.

Last edited:
I was on the Playstation GT Forum earlier and there are many who think using the glitch gives people an unfair advantage.

Sure, sure. Just like the free cars and credits you get for pre-ordering, or the credits you can buy if you want to waste money, or the time you can burn grinding mindlessy, if you can spare it. How unfair that some people have more time and money than everyone else!

There's a temptation to copy the whole FAQ you wrote up (which is really just about perfect and should answer ANY questions regarding this) and just start pasting it in response to every inane, already-been-answered-a-hundred-times question that gets posted here.

I'm trying really, really hard to resist that temptation, but I'm only a man, a mere mortal with mortal failings. ;)

Do you not see the irony in this?

But of course. I also see the irony of people asking the exact same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over when they've already been easily addressed and perfectly answered.

I suppose it would be just as easy to post a link to the FAQ, but let's be honest: anyone who is too lazy to read the FAQ in the first place is too lazy to click a link to a FAQ they're too lazy to read. We're dealing with people who want info spoon-fed to them.

somebody help me please. I watched the video last thursday and lost everything I had. SHows I have the game info in the storage utility but I cant get it back. How do I get my storage back?

ote="929rog, post: 9089678, member: 124944"]somebody help me please. I watched the video last thursday and lost everything I had. SHows I have the game info in the storage utility but I cant get it back. How do I get my storage back?[/quote]
Believe u just load up backup utility. As long as it has it on save your good

somebody help me please. I watched the video last thursday and lost everything I had. SHows I have the game info in the storage utility but I cant get it back. How do I get my storage back?

Probably slightly OT, but ok. Do you have your back-up? Yes, then delete from PS3, restore from back up device. If No, does the GT6 automatic back-up still exist? Yes, same as before but the game will restore from its back up. If No, start a new game at 1.01 and proceed to glitch and re-collect all the cars you lost, and you'll have to re-earn all your stars :/

Probably slightly OT, but ok. Do you have your back-up? Yes, then delete from PS3, restore from back up device. If No, does the GT6 automatic back-up still exist? Yes, same as before but the game will restore from its back up. If No, start a new game at 1.01 and proceed to glitch and re-collect all the cars you lost, and you'll have to re-earn all your stars :/
It shows data in the storage. I'll give it a shot in a minute. Everyone watching the voice LOL

so delete GAME utility?

Forgive me if there is an obvious answer to this but what will happen when V-1.02 comes out? In the FAQ it says V-1.01 cannot be backed up, so my question is how do we go 1.00 to 1.01 when 1.02 comes out? Can the updates be done in steps? 1.01 > 1.02 > 1.03... and so on? I'm waiting on GT6 to be delivered today or tomorrow, just want to see how this is done when another update is released.

Forgive me if there is an obvious answer to this but what will happen when V-1.02 comes out? In the FAQ it says V-1.01 cannot be backed up, so my question is how do we go 1.00 to 1.01 when 1.02 comes out? Can the updates be done in steps? 1.01 > 1.02 > 1.03... and so on? I'm waiting on GT6 to be delivered today or tomorrow, just want to see how this is done when another update is released.
The only plausible way of retaining the v1.01 update is to have multiple hard drives or multiple PS3s, one with v1.00 and another with v1.01.

Well that's not fair, because IIRC a lot of other people started threads about this but got taken down. Then IGN posted it and somehow this thread survived.

That, and partially because there's no hacking going on or anything like that. All were doing is deleting an update and selling cars. Nothing wrong with that.

Back