20 million credits for free!

I hope they don't patch it, or can't patch it. Not because I'm really enjoying my new garage (although I am!) but because it should demonstrate to them that there exists a demand for unlocked vehicles in a large portion of their fan base.

I wrote this in another forum, but I think it's applicable here:

A strange thing happened whilst playing through the licenses last night (with my newly filled garage)... I enjoyed the game even more!

I thought having all those cars unlocked would diminish the thrill a little, but in actual fact it made even the snoringest race a lot of fun.

GT6 has a great (and quick) way of filtering eligible cars for a race, so I would typically chose a car that was 50 to 100PP below the upper limit, and often go pre-1980. With so many cars to choose from I did 10 races in a row and never drove the same car twice! Also, by giving yourself a PP limit appropriate to your skill, you can really make it a lot more fun to 'grind' through the smaller challenges.

If I was making GT7, I would take this one step further. I would make 50% of the cars available at the start, such that you had 2 to 4 'eligable' cars to enter into every race. I would still keep the rare cars locked (to provide incentive), but I wouldn't lock the whole lot.

I would also rate the car for the challenge, for example, if the race is a FF <550PP race they could filter all your FF cars and then show you them divided like this:

550 - 520 PP - Easy
519 - 500 PP - Medium
499 - 400 PP - Hard
399 - 300 PP - Extreme
299 - 000 PP - Stig

In principle that's how I'm playing through the game now.

I think what the money glitch really taught us is that PD is a cave samewhere in japan and people there don't even have internet access! They still have no idea this glitch exists, let alone knowing of sites such as gtplanet, or going through the forums and seeing what the fanss really want from the game! Broken clutch for years now? PD has no idea! Bugs, glitches with gt6? Sorry, pD can't know!
--> sarcastic comment but I'm sure it's true on some level! Furthermore, not a lot speak english there so great sites like this might as well not exist!

When you fill the garage with 500 cars I know you can put more in the other part but .... Yesterday I do not know what happened to me but all my cars there dissapered (when moving from 1.01 to 1.00) Do you know why?

When you fill the garage with 500 cars I know you can put more in the other part but .... Yesterday I do not know what happened to me but all my cars there dissapered (when moving from 1.01 to 1.00) Do you know why?
What it just a empty garage and no names of cars. Did you do the steps on how to do the glitch.

What it just a empty garage and no names of cars. Did you do the steps on how to do the glitch.

I did not explain myself. The cars in the backyard dissapeared. Probably I did something wrong. Now I will do it step by step making backups. Thank you

I did not explain myself. The cars in the backyard dissapeared. Probably I did something wrong. Now I will do it step by step making backups. Thank you
When you said The cars in the backyard disappeared do you mean the stockyard if you put cars in there they will disappear Do not put cars in the stockyard yet because it is a glitch.

Last edited:
Be very warned: this glitch will erase all essential data. This means any time, drift scores, pictures or replays you save will be removed. Recommend you export replays and pictures you want to keep before doing this.

When you said The cars in the backyard disappeared do you mean the stockyard if you put cars in there they will disappear Do not put cars in the stockyard yet because it is a glitch.

If I can not put the cars in the stokyard ... How can I get more than 500 cars ?

Just did the glitch. Having major issues downloading the patch to complete part 2 of buying the 20 AMGs to sell off.

So far over an hour and only at 40%. When I downloaded v1.01 on release day only took me 20 mins.

Anyone else having issues?

Having second thoughts about glitching now.

EDIT (SP)

Just did the glitch. Having major issues downloading the patch to complete part 2 of buying the 20 AMGs to sell off.

So far over an hour and only at 40%. When I downloaded v1.01 on release day only took me 20 mins.

EDIT (SP)
when you do the money glitch it should not effect the download speed or anything.

EDIT (SP)

Do not buy the Vision AMG, insted buy the new BMW M4 it's way cheaper and when you seel it will give you the same credits

Lost 12 cars in stockyard yest....its ok...still have 40ish more for stock...
Imagine people who don't use this glitch n lost many of their cars in the stockyard, that would suck....a lot...

Does glitching remove all cars from the stockyard?
Imagine people who don't use this glitch n lost many of their cars in the stockyard, that would suck....a lot...
Did you lose all the cars in your stockyard or just some of them? (Is the 40 you speak of still in the stockyard or are you just moving them there later)

I think what the money glitch really taught us is that PD is a cave samewhere in japan and people there don't even have internet access! They still have no idea this glitch exists, let alone knowing of sites such as gtplanet, or going through the forums and seeing what the fanss really want from the game! Broken clutch for years now? PD has no idea! Bugs, glitches with gt6? Sorry, pD can't know!
--> sarcastic comment but I'm sure it's true on some level! Furthermore, not a lot speak english there so great sites like this might as well not exist!

Maybe PD knows about the glitch. Maybe SONY is the bad guy here, you know, cause they own PD and they decide pricing and all that goes with it. Maybe PD put the glitch in on purpose because they don't like how SONY is forcing microtransactions into their game.

\tinfoil_hat off

Seriously though, people should realize that developers rarely decide anything regarding publishing, pricing and/or microtransactions. PD get the money to make a game, PD makes a game. That's it.

They modelled car a thief into the code :)

Be very warned: this glitch will erase all essential data. This means any time, drift scores, pictures or replays you save will be removed. Recommend you export replays and pictures you want to keep before doing this.

Please stop spreading misinformation, the stockyard problem has been around since before the glitch. I suspect its user error, such as turning the system off while saving.

ALWAYS backup your data!

PD/Sony may lock your save game to the specific update version you are currently using. For example, if you download the update with the “supposed” fix to the “exploit", it is quite possible for PD/Sony to include code into your save game that would “lock” the save for use on that update version and above ONLY, rendering you unable to sell the “special” vehicles and any other future vehicle/content in a downgraded update version [v1.00]. Thus, a back-up copy of your v1.00 save game for use in update v1.00 while OFFLINE ONLY may be the only way to enjoy your new collection. If this were the case, a garage full of “special” vehicles would be worthless. If you absolutely must have the most current update version with all of the additional content PD/Sony has to offer, then buying all of the vehicles and upgrading them now may be the best and only option for maximizing the “exploit”. Also, it may be prudent to leave your bank account at the update v1.01 limit of 50M credits.

It is also quite feasible that PD/Sony may limit/disable sales of vehicles above a specified value. PD/Sony implemented this in GT5. Thus, the possibility is there. If this is the case, a stockpile of high value vehicles to be sold in v1.01+ would be rendered worthless. In my opinion, update v1.00 is the place to be if you intend to enjoy the majority of the vehicles, tracks and accessories GT6 has to offer without running the risk of your progress being patched. If you do not mind not playing online/multi-player or not installing future updates and all of the included future content thereafter that is. Unfortunately, with the lack-luster multi-player and online features, I am okay with that and fully content with staying in v1.00 for the remainder of the GT6 life-cycle. Thank you for the garage full of cars and closet full of gear PD/Sony!

This risk is pretty easy to mitigate (if I'm thinking through this correctly), and the stockpile is still valuable since you can sell them in v1.01. Don't update when v1.02 comes out until you know what it's going to do. One way to find out is obviously to wait for somebody to try it and report back here. If you want to try it yourself, a relatively easy way to test this would be to do it on a second HD with a copy of your saved game. If they limit you selling your piggy bank cars, then put your v1.01 HD back in and sell off your expensive cars before updating. I'd spend money modding your current cars, buying any more you want, buying the most expensive cars you can still resell for use as a smaller piggy bank, and building your cash reserves up to $50M. When you are ready to go, update to 1.02 and be happy with all of the free stuff you got.

I just hope they don't do something stupid and ruin our saves completely or somehow blow away our garages or cash reserves. That's the only thing I'm afraid of, but I don't think it'll happen because it'd be really bad PR.

It is also quite feasible that PD/Sony may limit/disable sales of vehicles above a specified value. PD/Sony implemented this in GT5. Thus, the possibility is there. If this is the case, a stockpile of high value vehicles to be sold in v1.01+ would be rendered worthless. In my opinion, update v1.00 is the place to be if you intend to enjoy the majority of the vehicles, tracks and accessories GT6 has to offer without running the risk of your progress being patched. If you do not mind not playing online/multi-player or not installing future updates and all of the included future content thereafter that is. Unfortunately, with the lack-luster multi-player and online features, I am okay with that and fully content with staying in v1.00 for the remainder of the GT6 life-cycle. Thank you for the garage full of cars and closet full of gear PD/Sony!

Good point. Frankly I think there will be a point where a number of those that took advantage of the exploit could very well bore themselves out of the game. Personally I kept a few P4's and GT40 MKIVs (not enough to warrant a stockpile) just in case. But the 50,000,000 credit I can see lasting me a long time...

Honestly though I wouldn't recommend staying on 1.00, kinda reminds me of the PSP homebrew days when I had to trade off between new features vs ROMs. This is especially true as I think PD plans on releasing small updates to the game itself (the liftie like braking physics for example) for at least the next year, staying on a prev version will prevent you from enjoying the improved gfx engine...

I personally removed my save and started from scratch - broken economy or not - having everything from the start while nice in some aspects - removed to much stuff I like - racing for money and buying favorite cars/parts.

I just like to earn the credits and cheery pick my next purchase :)

The cars I want then are not super expensive - lambos, ferraris, NSX, GTR etc - those are not expensive and I will use them for most of the stuff.

Sure there are 1200 cars but I'm not interested in a lot of them. 20lmn cars - bought them when I did the glitch - driven once and never used again - just another car but with big price tag.

Btw - my license records were still there on new play-through.

Just to make this clear, in case some here don't understand because english isn't their primary language:

Anything in the Stockyard, pictures, replays, records or whatever that you have in ver 1.01 will most likely disappear when you delete the save file and start up in 1.00. Anniversary cars, paints, etc, will be corrupted and have to be downloaded again from the PS Store.

Export/Save (I forget what they call it) your pics and replays, and move cars in the Stockyard to your Garage or sell them BEFORE you do the glitch. In fact, backup your game to a USB drive or PSN Online storage or both, though this will just rescue your game in case the glitch corrupts the entire file, which has happened to a few people.

And of course, make sure you have enough space in your garage for the glitch cars, as well as cars you want to buy. Do all your buying in 1.00. If you need more space, move cheaper cars to the Stockyard, and they should be fine when you upgrade again to 1.01. It wouldn't hurt to make another backup of this save to a USB drive before upgrading to 1.01.

Just to make this clear, in case some here don't understand because english isn't their primary language:

Anything in the Stockyard, pictures, replays, records or whatever that you have in ver 1.01 will most likely disappear when you delete the save file and start up in 1.00. Anniversary cars, paints, etc, will be corrupted and have to be downloaded again from the PS Store.

Export/Save (I forget what they call it) your pics and replays, and move cars in the Stockyard to your Garage or sell them BEFORE you do the glitch. In fact, backup your game to a USB drive or PSN Online storage or both, though this will just rescue your game in case the glitch corrupts the entire file, which has happened to a few people.

And of course, make sure you have enough space in your garage for the glitch cars, as well as cars you want to buy. Do all your buying in 1.00. If you need more space, move cheaper cars to the Stockyard, and they should be fine when you upgrade again to 1.01. It wouldn't hurt to make another backup of this save to a USB drive before upgrading to 1.01.

And buy the two Chaparrals in 1.01, they're way cheaper :D

It's a shame @racer13 isn't even credited in the OP since he/she was the first person to post this glitch on GTPlanet, they deserve the recognition.

I noticed some members pointing out that others have previously posted the "exploit" on GTPlanet. I do not know why theirs were deleted and this one remained. I was thinking about this earlier. To be honest, maybe it is the title? The title of this thread is "20 million credits free". Nowhere in the title does it mention, "glitch", "hack", "exploit" or "cheat" which may constitute a violation of the forum's TOS and/or code of conduct. Nonetheless, this may be the reason but I am not sure.

Back