20 million credits for free!

ote="929rog, post: 9089678, member: 124944"]somebody help me please. I watched the video last thursday and lost everything I had. SHows I have the game info in the storage utility but I cant get it back. How do I get my storage back?
Believe u just load up backup utility. As long as it has it on save your good[/quote]
OK I need help. Under data utility it shows gt6 has data there. How... step by step.. does one get the backed up information so it is now in my ps3? I want to keep my set ups could care less about the money

I bought all the cars I want and I still have about 60 BMW M4's, so it looks like I'm buying all the cars I don't want...
Yeah I ended up buying about 80 M4's but that was way too much. I had all the cars I wanted after 4-5 M4's lol. Guess some people want to collect them all. Nothing against that, just a waste of time to me.

Anyone have slower load times? Some races take forever to "start" and menus, dealerships, etc are noticeably slower..

I noticed that a brief how-to was added to the FAQ on page 1. Unfortunately, there are some absolutely CRITICAL KEY steps and OPTIONAL, BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED actions in the process that should be understood and followed to prevent mistakes and/or errors.

::[TEXT VERSION] GRAN TURISMO 6 EXPLOIT: COMPLETE STEP-BY-STEP HOW-TO [SAFE VERSION]::
BY: IMPORTEKNIKAICR
LAST UPDATE: 12|17|2013 @ 01:26 EST.

- IF STARTING FROM BEGINNING [V1.00], START AT STEP 1.
- IF STARTING FROM CURRENT GT6 PROGRESS IN [V1.01], BUT DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE "SPECIAL VEHICLES" A MINIMUM OF 120,000 CREDITS TO PURCHASE THE BMW M4 COUPE IS REQUIRED OR THE GIFTED MERCEDES-BENZ AMG VISION GT TO SELL. START AT STEP 1. [DO NOT FORGET TO BACK-UP YOUR CURRENT PROGRESS FIRST ON A SEPARATE USB STORAGE DEVICE!]
- IF YOU ALREADY OWN ANY OF THE "SPECIAL VEHICLES" BELOW AND ARE CURRENTLY IN [V1.00]:

• BMW M4 COUPE [2074]
  • ACURA NSX CONCEPT '13 [ACURA NSX CONCEPT '13]
  • MERCEDES-BENZ AMG VISION GT [2055]
START AT STEP 12 [DO NOT FORGET TO BACK-UP YOUR CURRENT PROGRESS FIRST ON A SEPARATE USB STORAGE DEVICE!]
1. Insert disc.
2. Start GT6.
3. A prompt to download update v1.01 will appear. ACCEPT. DOWNLOAD. INSTALL.
4. After installation, GT6 will restart and a second in-game update prompt will appear. INSTALL.
5. GT6 will automatically start. Once inside the GT6 main menu, you have multiple options to "exploit".
6. You can earn 120,000 and purchase a BMW M4 Coupe, earn 1,000,000 credits to purchase an Acura NSX Concept '13 or the BEST option is to accept the free gift of a Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT.
7. Accept the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT gift BUT DO NOT GET IN THE VEHICLE! SUPER IMPORTANT! (WARNING! GETTING IN THE VEHICLE WILL CAUSE YOUR GAME TO FREEZE AT STEP 13!)
8. Press Start > Save game.
9. Press PS button > Exit game.
10. [OPTIONAL. BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED] Create a back-up of the save game (NOT THE SECOND FILE. THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED BACK-UP) via the PS3 Save Utility. Copy the save game to an external USB storage device.
11. Delete update v1.01 under "Game Data Utility" entitled "Gran Turismo 6". Press "Triangle" and select "Information" to confirm correct this file. The file should read: Title: Gran Turismo 6 | Created: | Size: (VARIES) Approximately 1200 MB and up | Version: 1.01. This may take a few minutes depending on the file size. Once deleted you may proceed with STEP 12 (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) or STEP 13.
12. [OPTIONAL. BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED] Under XMB, go to "Settings", scroll down to and select "Network Settings", scroll down to and select "Internet Connection" and "Disable". WHY? This will prevent accidental download of the v1.01 update when you start GT6 and intermittent prompts to download the v1.01 update during game play.
13. Start GT6. This is where the fun begins!
14. Once in the GT6 main menu, scroll left and go to "Garage".
15. Now, depending on your vehicle choice in STEP 6, you will now sell the vehicle based on your choice. Go to "Car List" and select the appropriate "Manufacturer". The BMW M4 will now be listed as a number code [2074]. The Acura NSX Concept '13, strangely, is the same name. The Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT is now listed as a number code [2055].
16. Select appropriate vehicle, scroll and select "Sell". Although the sale price is 333,993,856 credits, the maximum credit limit in update v1.00 is 20M credits. Select "Yes". IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN "HECK YEAH!" You will hear a "cash register" sound and 20M credits deposited into your account. (FYI: The maximum credit limit in v1.01 is 50M credits).
17. Exit the garage. Once in the GT6 main menu, confirm 20,000,000 credits appear at the top right and press Start > Save the game.
18. Press the PS button and exit GT6.
19. [OPTIONAL. BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED] Create a back-up of the save game (NOT THE SECOND FILE. THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED BACK-UP) via the PS3 Save Utility. Copy to an external USB storage device.
20. Under XMB, go to "Settings", scroll down to and select "Network Settings", scroll down to and select "Internet Connection" and "Enable". WHY? This will now allow you to re-download the v1.01 update when you start GT6.
21. Start GT6. The prompt to download the v1.01 update will appear. ACCEPT. DOWNLOAD. INSTALL.
22. After installation, GT6 will restart and a second in-game update prompt will appear. INSTALL.
23. GT6 will automatically start. Once inside the GT6 main menu, you have multiple options to spend your 20M.

OPTION 1 [BEST OPTION | MORE TIME CONSUMING]: Buy BMW M4 Coupe at 120,000 credits each. 20M will allow you to purchase 166 with 80,000 credits remaining to take the wife/girlfriend out for a dinner and movie. IN PARIS.
OPTION 2: Buy Acura NSX Concept '13 at 1M credits each. 20M / 1M = 20 NSXs.
OPTION 3: Buy Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT at 1M credits each. 20M / 1M = 20 MB AMG VGT.
24. Once your buying spree is complete, press Start > Save game.
25. [OPTIONAL. BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED] Create a back-up of the save game (NOT THE SECOND FILE. THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED BACK-UP) via PS3 Save Utility. Copy to an external USB storage device.
26. Delete update v1.01 under "Game Data Utility" entitled "Gran Turismo 6". Press "Triangle" and select "Information" to confirm correct file. The file should read: Title: Gran Turismo 6 | Created: | Size: (VARIES) Approximately 1200 MB and up | Version: 1.01. This may take a few minutes depending on the file size.
27. START GT6. This is where the your collection begins!
28. Once in the GT6 main menu, scroll left and go to "Garage".
29. IMPORTANT: Sell your "special" vehicles one at a time! Not all at the same time. For example: Sell [1] BMW M4 Coupe, now coded [2074].
30. Once sold, exit garage, BUILD YOUR COLLECTION!
31. Once the 20M is used, go back to the garage and sell another "special vehicle".
32. IMPORTANT: IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE COLLECTION BUILDING, REPEAT STEPS 27 and 28 ONLY UNTIL YOU HAVE [1] "SPECIAL" VEHICLE REMAINING TO SELL. SELL THIS LAST VEHICLE FOR 20M, BUT DO NOT BUY ANYTHING!
33. Press Start > Save game.
34. AT THIS POINT, YOU NOW HAVE THE OPTION TO EXIT AND REPEAT THE PROCESS [STEP 9] OR STAY AND SPEND YOUR FINAL 20M!
35. ENJOY GT6 WITH NO CREDIT CONSTRAINTS! THANK YOU "RADICAL DREAMER" FOR FIRST DISCOVERING AND SHARING THIS EXPLOIT WITH GRAN TURISMO FANS WORLDWIDE!

:: FOOD FOR GT6 "EXPLOIT" THOUGHT ::

BEFORE STOCKPILING YOUR GARAGE WITH HIGH-VALUE 20M VEHICLES FOR RESALE IN V1.01 AND ABOVE FOR 6M EACH, PLEASE TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE ENTIRELY PLAUSIBLE WAYS PD/SONY MAY “FIX” THIS “EXPLOIT” AND ACT ACCORDINGLY.

PD/Sony may lock your save game to the specific update version you are currently using.
For example, if you download the update with the “supposed” fix to the “exploit", it is quite possible for PD/Sony to include code into your save game that would “lock” the save for use on that update version and above ONLY, rendering you unable to sell the “special” vehicles and any other future vehicle/content in a downgraded update version [v1.00]. Thus, a back-up copy of your v1.00 save game for use in update v1.00 while OFFLINE ONLY may be the only way to enjoy your new collection. If this were the case, a garage full of “special” vehicles would be worthless. If you absolutely must have the most current update version with all of the additional content PD/Sony has to offer, then buying all of the vehicles and upgrading them now may be the best and only option for maximizing the “exploit”. Also, it may be prudent to leave your bank account at the update v1.01 limit of 50M credits.
It is also quite feasible that PD/Sony may limit/disable sales of vehicles above a specified value. PD/Sony implemented this in GT5. Thus, the possibility is there. If this is the case, a stockpile of high value vehicles to be sold in v1.01+ would be rendered worthless. In my opinion, update v1.00 is the place to be if you intend to enjoy the majority of the vehicles, tracks and accessories GT6 has to offer without running the risk of your progress being patched. If you do not mind not playing online/multi-player or not installing future updates and all of the included future content thereafter that is. Unfortunately, with the lack-luster multi-player and online features, I am okay with that and fully content with staying in v1.00 for the remainder of the GT6 life-cycle. Thank you for the garage full of cars and closet full of gear PD/Sony!

- IMPORTEKNIKAICR -

Last edited:
It's time consuming, but worth to put in the time now and then enjoy everything GT6 has to offer. Spent the better part of 3 hours buying M4's (if only this was real life), downgrading, buying 20 GT40 MKIVs and upgrading.

I fully expect sony to patch this soon (there's an already an update happening at least by the 19th) and the easiest answer would be to somehow prevent the saves from being used between versions. This is likely as every subsequent new car could be used as an exploit. Best to stock up now for the early adopters!

It's time consuming, but worth to put in the time now and then enjoy everything GT6 has to offer. Spent the better part of 3 hours buying M4's (if only this was real life), downgrading, buying 20 GT40 MKIVs and upgrading.

I fully expect sony to patch this soon (there's an already an update happening at least by the 19th) and the easiest answer would be to somehow prevent the saves from being used between versions. This is likely as every subsequent new car could be used as an exploit. Best to stock up now for the early adopters!

It is also quite feasible that PD/Sony may limit/disable sales of vehicles above a specified value. PD/Sony implemented this in GT5. Thus, the possibility is there. If this is the case, a stockpile of high value vehicles to be sold in v1.01+ would be rendered worthless. In my opinion, update v1.00 is the place to be if you intend to enjoy the majority of the vehicles, tracks and accessories GT6 has to offer without running the risk of your progress being patched. If you do not mind not playing online/multi-player or not installing future updates and all of the included future content thereafter that is. Unfortunately, with the lack-luster multi-player and online features, I am okay with that and fully content with staying in v1.00 for the remainder of the GT6 life-cycle. Thank you for the garage full of cars and closet full of gear PD/Sony!

Last edited:
When I was young, we had cheat codes. Now we only got "illegal" hacks that get patched and good citizen way of paying real money for fake money!!

The world has gone twisted....I'm of to buy some shotgun shells and coffee beans.....

I feel tempted to do this glitch again now, but I don't like the idea of redownloading 1.2gb of data again; that is 2-3 hours of hell for me considering the crummy bandwidth I have to put up with right now.

Is there a way to mass update the car images that are lost when doing the glitch?

Dude, you gotta stop double posting.

Ok, so there's Save Game and Game Data Utility. One has the update file and the installed data from the GT6 disc - the other is your personal save game file.

You'll know you're in the right place because the save game file has A. a backup (save game and save game back up) and B. The save game is tiny compared to the game data.

If you backed up, seperately, to a physical disk somewhere, your save game file (which you probably didn't), delete the current save file FROM THE PS3, and insert the backup.

If not, delete the current save game file, and hopefully the back up will restore a save game file, you should be prompted when you start up the game.

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.

I feel tempted to do this glitch again now, but I don't like the idea of redownloading 1.2gb of data again; that is 2-3 hours of hell for me considering the crummy bandwidth I have to put up with right now.

OK, and how many hours of mindless grinding would get you the same amount of credits?

They could change what the VGT and M4 data represent on a save game file, so the current ones would be phased out, and you couldn't buy or by gifted a VGT/M4 that would glitch in 1.0. Or when it does, its value changes to that of... something virtually useless, like the cheapest car in the game (both times). That's pretty much the only way its going to work, because the problem is in 1.0, so as long as people have access to 1.0, here we are.

They can fix this by making Vision Mercedes-Benz, M4, NSX Concept, etc. worth 20M credits.

in order for them to do that they would have to patch. patch 1.00 is already what comes on the disc and unless they fix this in the newer game discs they won't be able to do 🤬 about this glitch.

someone here said the only way they can fix this is by making the save file compatible with the newest firmware only

I'm not to judge if you would do it or not. But let the update be done whenyou go to sleep..

It is also quite feasible that PD/Sony may limit sales to vehicles under a certain value. If this is the case, a stockpile of high value vehicles to be sold in v1.01+ would be rendered worthless. In my opinion, update v1.00 is the place to be if you intend to enjoy the majority of the vehicles, tracks and accessories GT6 has to offer without running the risk of your progress being patched. If you do not mind not playing online/multi-player or not installing future updates and all of the included content thereafter that is. Unfortunately, With the lack-luster multi-player and online features, I am okay with that and content with staying in v1.0 for the remainder of the GT6 life-cycle.
Pretty much all I've done in Gran Turismo since GT5 is do online racing so for many of us not just me that's not an option. I will say that this is a tricky one for PD to deal with as version "1.00" is essentially on a different platform to all the other newer versions So its a sticky situation they've got themselves in, also robbing people of game progress/money is a bad idea if they wish to continue the franchise. I was very concerned when I heard about the micro-transactions and then the other day when I looked at them I was shocked at how expensive they actually were. In GT5 I owned numerous 20,000,000 cars all free & legit from seasonals and I was simply in disbelief that my old GT5 cars would be worth $400+ in game dollars. I think perhaps PD are under pressure to perform better by Sony or something when it comes down to bottom line, either that or a very desperate measure due to lack of profit incentive for the series.... If not than greed would be the other likely option I suppose. But if you look at pricing of major sims like i racing it would come no where near the price of simply buying up a few classic cars and red bulls in GT6 using their insane transaction pricing.

Pretty much all I've done in Gran Turismo since GT5 is do online racing so for many of us not just me that's not an option. I will say that this is a tricky one for PD to deal with as version "1.00" is essentially on a different platform to all the other newer versions So its a sticky situation they've got themselves in, also robbing people of game progress/money is a bad idea if they wish to continue the franchise. I was very concerned when I heard about the micro-transactions and then the other day when I looked at them I was shocked at how expensive they actually were. In GT5 I owned numerous 20,000,000 cars all free & legit from seasonals and I was simply in disbelief that my old GT5 cars would be worth $400+ in game dollars. I think perhaps PD are under pressure to perform better by Sony or something when it comes down to bottom line, either that or a very desperate measure due to lack of profit incentive for the series.... If not than greed would be the other likely option I suppose. But if you look at pricing of major sims like i racing it would come no where near the price of simply buying up a few classic cars and red bulls in GT6 using their insane transaction pricing.

Agreed! You have some solid points there! It is quite evident that PD/Sony has a lot of "pressure" placed on them with the lack-luster sales performance of GT6 thus far. If I remember corrently, I read somewhere that GT6 sales in the first week were only 1/5 of the sales of GT5. Certainly, this was influenced by the timing of its release. It had to compete with next-generation consoles, Forza 5 and other major titles. Maybe this is why PD/Sony implemented such MACRO micro-transactions. Only Kaz and the crew can answer this.

However, I have been pondering the completely plausible outcomes of this predicament for PD/Sony and how we may better safeguard our collection. I have added this to the closing statements of the guide I had written above. You have already read and quoted portions of it.

:: FOOD FOR GT6 "EXPLOIT" THOUGHT ::

BEFORE STOCKPILING YOUR GARAGE WITH HIGH-VALUE 20M VEHICLES FOR RESALE IN V1.01 AND ABOVE FOR 6M EACH, PLEASE TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THE ENTIRELY PLAUSIBLE WAYS PD/SONY MAY “FIX” THIS “EXPLOIT” AND ACT ACCORDINGLY.

PD/Sony may lock your save game to the specific update version you are currently using.
For example, if you download the update with the “supposed” fix to the “exploit", it is quite possible for PD/Sony to include code into your save game that would “lock” the save for use on that update version and above ONLY, rendering you unable to sell the “special” vehicles and any other future vehicle/content in a downgraded update version [v1.00]. Thus, a back-up copy of your v1.00 save game for use in update v1.00 while OFFLINE ONLY may be the only way to enjoy your new collection. If this were the case, a garage full of “special” vehicles would be worthless. If you absolutely must have the most current update version with all of the additional content PD/Sony has to offer, then buying all of the vehicles and upgrading them now may be the best and only option for maximizing the “exploit”. Also, it may be prudent to leave your bank account at the update v1.01 limit of 50M credits.

- IMPORTEKNIKAICR -

in order for them to do that they would have to patch. patch 1.00 is already what comes on the disc and unless they fix this in the newer game discs they won't be able to do 🤬 about this glitch.

someone here said the only way they can fix this is by making the save file compatible with the newest firmware only

Not entirely true. For example, what if PD/Sony were to release the "fix" in update v1.02. Let us assume we download this update and we load our save game. It is possible for PD/Sony to include a code with the update so that when our save game file saves, this will render our save game useless in update v1.00 for the purpose of selling the "special" vehicles. Thus, the save game would be locked to that update version and above only and may appear as a "corrupted file" on any downgraded update version. If we are unable to sell the vehicles for money, PD/Sony has fixed the exploit. Messed up right?

How's about we don't give Sony any free how-to advice on fixing their mistakes? Seems to me if they knew an easy way to fix it quickly, it would have been fixed already.

Agreed, but we must also be prepared for the consequences and repercussions my friend.

Back