20 million credits for free!

i think the point is people taking "unfair advantage" of a glitch rather than legitimately paying for the Privilage to get extra stuff. yeh pay for it but dont use a glitch to cheat. cheaters and hackers (generally) can 🤬.

and of course it does affect those that dont use it, i choose not to buy credit and not to 'steal' through glitching, i will accept that some will buy credit, thats fine, but peeps that glitch-steal just to get an advantage in-game i have no time for, if they glitch just to get heaps of cars, good luck to em. just dont start crying to everybody that Sony has kicked you out for cheating or simply causes your "stuff" to disappear because they try to fix an error in the code.
Sorry, but I fail to see the difference between paying for credits versus generating credits through exploitation of a software glitch. The ONLY difference is that one is paying for them, the other is not. In the end the gamer still ends up with a ton of credits that he/she didn't earn by racing.

Gaining more credits with this glitch can only be considered "cheating" in that you didn't earn them in a race or pay Sony for them, nothing more. The cars you buy with these credits are the SAME regardless of whether your credits came from racing, from purchasing, or from glitching. And I don't care how many credits you have or how you got them, you still need to drive the car to win a race - and no amount of credits is going to buy better gaming skills. So no, there is no in game advantage gained from glitching unless you also put buying credits thru microtransactions in the same category.

i Choose not to Cheat.
play within the spirit of the game, its OK to do so
I'll play the game the way I want and you play the game the way you want. It's OK to do so without getting all holier than thou about it.

ps interpol: please dont lump myself and anyone else into your basket with the "we" thing, and have some respect for others opinions.
Thanks for the advice, but you're not my parent, my keeper, or even a moderator. I'll post in the manner I like within forum rules, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem like such an entitled brat. I bet you were so popular in high school.
And I'm supposed to care about your opinion because...?

It's pretty obvious you've run out of logical arguments because you've resorted to namecalling. You're not impressing anyone.

Last edited:
i think the point is people taking "unfair advantage" of a glitch rather than legitimately paying for the Privilage to get extra stuff. yeh pay for it but dont use a glitch to cheat. cheaters and hackers (generally) can 🤬.

and of course it does affect those that dont use it, i choose not to buy credit and not to 'steal' through glitching, i will accept that some will buy credit, thats fine, but peeps that glitch-steal just to get an advantage in-game i have no time for, if they glitch just to get heaps of cars, good luck to em. just dont start crying to everybody that Sony has kicked you out for cheating or simply causes your "stuff" to disappear because they try to fix an error in the code.
The fact of the matter is that YOU are the one who is getting into their business. Why should you care about how other people play their game. Do you feel a moral superiority over others?

You have no business caring for what they do because it doesn't affect you. Period.

i Choose not to Cheat.
play within the spirit of the game, its OK to do so

ps interpol: please dont lump myself and anyone else into your basket with the "we" thing, and have some respect for others opinions.

What unfair advantage do you speak of? Does having more cars, more money instantly makes you a better driver? Online match have PP restriction anyway, most of the time we are already limited in what we could drive. Just because a guy have 500 cars in his garage with unlimited amount of money doesnt make him any better then you or me. He may have more options to choose from but if he suck he'll still suck regardless if he is driving a GT40 or a Corolla, if you are hell bent on not exploiting the glitch sure fine its not gonna hinder your progression, nor does it hinder you from winning against others either. Its not as if this glitch makes your Nissan Mito run at 500mph. So why should you care?

Also if you think PD is gonna punish people that uses such glitch, take into account that GT5 was hack to kingdom come and yet there is no action by PD. Not to mention GT6 is not selling very well, and out of those who bought it more then half are exploiting this glitch, if they are gonna start punishing people for their own incompetency in coding they'll lose more then half of its current player base that are already small to begin with. You think PD is gonna do that? As if PD didnt get enough backlash from their insane macrotransaction system.

You don't have to grind. Just read the first post of this thread.

Exactly. The glitch is the antidote to grinding. I've got the cars I most wanted, the money to tune them, still another 45m in the bank, and now I'm doing the races I want to do in whatever order I want to do them. I needn't run a race I despise just because it's a quick way to rack up credits to put towards that car I really want for that race or series I really like.

The glitch, far from "ruining" the game for me, has opened it up and made it fun.

The only way for micro transactions to be successful in any game is for you to be able to exchange real money for in game money and then be able to exchange in game money to real life money.

I want to do this but I'm scared of being banned.
A lot of people hack the hell out of GT5 but did everyone get banned for doing that NO. Plus this is not a hack game it a glitch in the game. :)

Last edited:
Exactly. The glitch is the antidote to grinding. I've got the cars I most wanted, the money to tune them, still another 45m in the bank, and now I'm doing the races I want to do in whatever order I want to do them. I needn't run a race I despise just because it's a quick way to rack up credits to put towards that car I really want for that race or series I really like.

The glitch, far from "ruining" the game for me, has opened it up and made it fun.
:cheers:

GT6 career mode should be more career like. Starting in karts, winning races, getting team offers, picking the best of the worst, winning more races, gaining bigger sponsors, winning more races, being scouted by bigger and better teams, winning more races, and it goes on.

With each gain and promotion, race and championship rewards increase. At the end of each game year, you receive a salary. The amount depends on your performance during the year (which will include sponsors paying you a bonus for the exposure for leading races etc) and, how rich the team you're with is.

Much more interesting and rewarding. My hopes were high when I heard Sennas career was to be featured, I expected a similar progression to our journey.

Didn't GT5 attempt something like that with the xp system? GT is a great driving game, but not a great racing game (offline), so I doubt a racing career is something it will simulate anytime soon. I personally like the non-linear progression. For example if someone doesn't care about kart races they don't have to do them to race other cars.

Those that know me know how intolerant I am of cheaters in this game. Gran Turismo is almost like a religion to me.

When GT5 was young, I unfriended friends I saw in the glitching lobbies. I was busting my butt b-specing and these guys were doing doughnuts and making much more than me.

Those people were cheating.

Later the hackers had their Frankencars. I worked hard to tune the cars the game gave me. If I had caught any of my friends sneaking “hybrids” :yuck:(because the name) into my room, I would have unfriended them.

Sneaking hacked cars, into online lobbies is cheating.

Now comes GT6 and the 20 Million Credit Glitch with people making 20,000,000Cr. in a couple of minutes. Meanwhile I bust my butt to squeeze in a little a-spec grinding time, and try to balance that with my life and the room I run for at least 2 hours each night.

Because PD has decided to pay us so little money for online races, I leave my room every night without earning enough money to even buy one set of racing soft tires.

Are glitchers cheaters? Well maybe, but so are those that buy credits from PD, and that is now a legal part of the game.

Everything is gray now with the addition of microtransactions(although I don’t know how a $50 purchase can be called a microtransaction).

The online payouts make me sick. If I finish 3rd (supposedly podium) in a race with 13 people I should win more that 827cr.

The online racing community is starving, and it is obvious that it is by design.

I only have a couple of hours or so to race each day, and I don’t want to do it against brain dead zombie AI in the same race over and over.

I know GT5 didn’t pay anything for online when it first came out, but at least I could run B-spec races.

Those that I would have unfriended, were cheating against me and other honest racers. Now there is no difference, as far as I or other racers are concerned, between credit buyers or credit glitchers. The only one that can have a beef with the gitchers is PD and Sony. I have no problem with them at all.

In fact, The biggest problem I have is the damn Sony ATM machine sitting on my home screen. I still love GT and it still is very much like a religion to me, but even Jesus beat the money changers, and threw them out of the Temple.

A lot of people hack the hell out of GT5 but did everyone get banned for doing that NO. Plus this is not a hack game it a glitch in the game. :)

A glitch that will no doubt cost them plenty of extra money, which they never should have had the nerve to ask for, considering they charged full retail price for a game that most would say won't be fully "complete" until several announced features are added later.

i choose not to buy credit and not to 'steal' through glitching, i will accept that some will buy credit, thats fine, but peeps that glitch-steal just to get an advantage in-game i have no time for

How is unlocking cars, no matter the method, "stealing" when I paid full price for Gran Turismo 6? When I saw the "take on the world in over 1200 hundred stunning cars" line on the GT6 back cover, I was under the impression that in buying GT6, I was buying those 1200 "stunning" cars.

I have played Gran Turismo since its first title launch. I remember when Gran Turismo was fun because I could anticipate the upcoming reward and the incentive to keep racing was powerful because the goal was achievable. For the longest time, these goals and rewards were in the form of a new car, a new upgrade and a new modification. And I am sure we have all shared in these triumphs. In fact, much of the same principles with my own race car were derived from the early days of video game racing titles like "Gran Turismo", "Sega GT", "Tokyo Xtreme Racer", etc. I worked extra hours and that much harder in reality to buy that extra modification for my race car. However, this fun was utterly devastated, initially in GT5 and now more so in GT6, when I have to grind for hours, days, weeks, months and years to achieve similar goals and obtain similar rewards with previous iterations.

What Polyphony Digital has created instead with the last two iterations of Gran Turismo is a "money-making" scheme to essentially make the goals and rewards I once worked incredibly hard to achieve, exponentially harder to attain. All of which, at the expense of the overall fun, gameplay, replay value and quality game development. The goals and rewards no longer seem "achievable" to the average, yet dedicated gamer who have other priorities outside of gaming. The triumph of earning that extra million, the bliss of buying that car you have always wanted, the thrill of adding more horsepower, better handling and finer aesthetics have been pulled back that much further away from our tired, yet dedicated hands.

For years now, rather than focusing on advancing Gran Turismo to new heights for the series and the genre as a whole with features we have been practically begging for including: intelligent AI, realistic damage modeling, livery editors, removal of the paint chip system and realistic sound effects to name a few, PD/Sony has instead focused on implementing more ways to bleed money from its fans. Why must we grind hours, days, weeks, months and years on end for content we should have had access to from the beginning with the initial monetary investment we have paid? Now, I am not against hard work, as evidenced by my personal vehicle collections in previous GT titles, but the reward system implemented is becoming more and more broken with each passing title. And now, to add insult to injury, how dare you (PD/Sony) make the vehicles and content we want to enjoy that much harder to attain, clearly only to increase your earning potential! To charge us $50 in real-world currency for 7M in-game credits which is not even enough to buy a single 20M high-end premium modeled vehicle is an insult to your fans and a painful slap to the face of those who support you. I bought the game. I want to access the content. You create an infra-structure that discriminate the content against those who do not have the time and now the real-life money to pay for them? Shame on you! Remember this PD/Sony/Kaz. Remember this Rockstar. Remember this EA. Remember this Activision. Remember this, any other company who have achieved success as a result of those who support you. You are who and where you are because of US. You are nothing without supporters. You are nothing without gamers to play your games.

Polyphony Digital and Sony's ulterior motives with the in-game economy are obscenely blatant and obvious. To earn a few hundred here and a couple thousand there towards highly sought after vehicles in the millions is the equivalent of a hard and diligent worker earning minimum wage to buy a Ferrari.

Luckily, this time, the worker won the lottery. We now call that lottery ticket, "The 20 Million Credit "Exploit".

Needless to say, this worker got his Ferrari. And then some.

Last edited:
Polyphony Digital and Sony's ulterior motives with the in-game economy are obscenely blatant and obvious. To earn a few hundred here and a couple thousand there towards highly sought after vehicles in the millions is the equivalent of a hard and diligent worker earning minimum wage to buy a Ferrari.

Rubbish. I have not spent a cent on micro transactions in GT5 or 6. And I don't plan on doing so.

I will pay for extra tracks though.

Exactly

ill never have a delta wing
to me That seems unfair, I have paid for the game afterall
Then glitch.

I have played Gran Turismo since its first title launch. I remember when Gran Turismo was fun because I could anticipate the upcoming reward and the incentive to keep racing was powerful because the goal was achievable. For the longest time, these goals and rewards were in the form of a new car, a new upgrade and a new modification. And I am sure we have all shared in these triumphs. In fact, much of the same principles with my own race car were derived from the early days of video game racing titles like "Gran Turismo", "Sega GT", "Tokyo Xtreme Racer", etc. I worked extra hours and that much harder in reality to buy that extra modification for my race car. However, this fun was utterly devastated, initially in GT5 and now more so in GT6, when I have to grind for hours, day, weeks, months and years to achieve similar goals and obtain similar rewards with previous iterations.

What Polyphony Digital has created instead with the last two iterations of Gran Turismo is a "money-making" scheme to essentially make the goals and rewards I once worked incredibly hard to achieve, exponentially harder to attain. All of which, at the expense of the overall fun, gameplay, replay value and quality game development. The goals and rewards no longer seem "achievable" to the average, yet dedicated gamer who have other priorities outside of gaming. The triumph of earning that extra million, the bliss of buying that car you have always wanted, the thrill of adding more horsepower, better handling and finer aesthetics have been pulled back that much further away from our tired, yet dedicated hands.

For years now, rather than focusing on advancing Gran Turismo to new heights for the series and the genre as a whole with features we have been practically begging for including: intelligent AI, realistic damage modeling, livery editors, removal of the paint chip system and realistic sound effects to name a few, PD/Sony has instead focused on implementing more ways to bleed money from its fans. Why must we grind hours, days, weeks, months and years on end for content we should have had access to from the beginning with the initial monetary investment we have paid? Now, I am not against hard work, as evidenced by my personal vehicle collections in previous GT titles, but the reward system implemented is becoming more and more broken with each passing title. And now, to add insult to injury, how dare you (PD/Sony) make the vehicles and content we want to enjoy that much harder to attain, clearly only to increase your earning potential! To charge us $50 in real-world currency for 7M in-game credits which is not even enough to buy a single 20M high-end premium modeled vehicle is an insult to your fans and a painful slap to the face of those who support you. I bought the game. I want to access the content. You create an infra-structure that discriminate the content against those who do not have the time and now the real-life money to pay for them? Shame on you! Remember this PD/Sony/Kaz. Remember this Rockstar. Remember this EA. Remember this Activision. Remember this, any other company who have achieved success as a result of those who support you. You are who and where you are because of US. You are nothing without supporters. You are nothing without gamers to play your games.

Luckily, this time, the worker won the lottery. We now call that lottery ticket, "The 20 Million Credit "Exploit".

Needless to say, this worker got his Ferrari. And then some.
Bravo! This should be an open letter to Sony/PD from all of us!

I know GT7 WILL not be a pre-order for me. I am going to wait to see if things have been fixed first. If not then NOT.

I will say that it's funny how, instead of fixing the bug, which is pretty hard to fix, they gave us a new, cheaper car to exploit it with. A+ to PD for that. I suspect Thursday will give us a third error car. Again, though, having the game erase pictures and stuff is kind of annoying, but, there are ways around it.

Let's face it - when you get to the top ranks of racing in the real world, you get paid *just a little bit* more than $43,000 for winning LeMans.

Used to be, you could look forward to winning a series because you'd get a big payout at the end (Usually doubling or nearly so your winnings within that series) and a nice prize car that you could either keep or sell. And you could run the series again and get the car again - or even a different car!

Now you finish the series - the Dreamcar Championship, for instance - and you get a pittance (55,000 credits) for your winning bonus and no prize car at all.

Shame on you, PD.

As it stands, I'm glad I bought GT6 instead of a PS4, because now I know I have no reason to buy a PS4 or to wait for GT7. This will in all likelihood be my last iteration of this franchise. The rush to microtransactions has instead had the effect of Sony losing me as a customer after buying every GT title, two original PlayStations, THREE PS2s, and two PS3s. By strangling the series in the way they have over the life of the PS3, they've made my decision to more on so much easier, and I never have to worry about spending another dime with Sony.

When I bought the digital $59.99 and disc version $65.xx version of the game totaling $125.00. It was not, because the title said Grind Turismo 6. I would imagine that most of the people here that grinded for most these cars in GT5. Then used the initial ticket system to their advantage. I Do Not want to grind for these cars. Which not everyone can devote their life to the game as in GT5 menu screen,"GT LIfe." I would think, that most people here have a job and life outside of GT. So my glitched cars will stay on stand by and a backup hdd of 1.01. Where I can also put the disc in to swap between 1.01 and 1.00.

Let's face it - when you get to the top ranks of racing in the real world, you get paid *just a little bit* more than $43,000 for winning LeMans.

Used to be, you could look forward to winning a series because you'd get a big payout at the end (Usually doubling or nearly so your winnings within that series) and a nice prize car that you could either keep or sell. And you could run the series again and get the car again - or even a different car!

Now you finish the series - the Dreamcar Championship, for instance - and you get a pittance (55,000 credits) for your winning bonus and no prize car at all.

Shame on you, PD.

As it stands, I'm glad I bought GT6 instead of a PS4, because now I know I have no reason to buy a PS4 or to wait for GT7. This will in all likelihood be my last iteration of this franchise. The rush to microtransactions has instead had the effect of Sony losing me as a customer after buying every GT title, two original PlayStations, THREE PS2s, and two PS3s. By strangling the series in the way they have over the life of the PS3, they've made my decision to more on so much easier, and I never have to worry about spending another dime with Sony.

It is an absolute shame is it not? I was a die-hard Sony and Gran Turismo fan. From PS1-4 and GT1-6. I have however now mixed it up. I have Microsoft products as well and titles from GT's rival T10. If I may be completely honest with you and the rest of the GTPlanet members who read this, Forza Motorsport 5 is a phenomenal game. Sure, it has micro-transactions as well, but there are key differences between GT6 and FM5. The graphics, intelligent AI (Drivatar), vehicle and damage modeling, physics and sound effects are incredibly realistic. For example, I am quite familiar with Hondas/Acuras and the sound of their engines, as I drive a Honda-powered race car. I was absolutely amazed when I can actually hear the engine's transition into VTEC and the realistic redline for each specific vehicle. The attention to detail is amazing. When you install a turbocharger, you hear the turbine spool, the wastegate pressurize, the blow-off valve release and you actually see a front mount intercooler. More so, T10 actually analyze FM5s game play data and statistics and continually adjust the economy (payouts, vehicle pricing) based on the response of the players and community. T10 studies if players are playing, and if not, why not? Are the cars too expensive? Are the players not earning enough? T10 actually follows the forums. Now, when was the last time GT/Sony/Kaz and the crew did that?

This is directly quoted from T10's most recent WIR (Week In Review).

"ECONOMY CHANGES
This content update includes the first wave of adjustments to the Forza 5 economy, which we initially announced in early December. These adjustments are based on player behavior within the game, as well as feedback received from the Forza Motorsport community. First of all, we are dramatically increasing the rate at which credits are being earned in the game. For example, driver level payouts have more than doubled (from just over 15,000 credits to 35,000 credits). Players using average difficulty settings will also see approximately a 60 percent increase in credits earned per hour of play -- a number that can dramatically increase by upping the Drivatar difficulty and assist settings used during races. Wherever your skill level lies, however, you’ll be earning more credits per hour in Forza Motorsport 5 to spend on the cars that matter most to you."

"The cars that matter most to you." I wish PD/Sony/Kaz would take on this philosophy.

Speaking of Drivatar, I have to admit that this is perhaps one of the slickest features I have seen implemented in a racing game in a very long time. If you are unfamiliar, Drivatar is a system that studies your driving style. This data is uploaded to the cloud so that when your friends are playing in the offline career, your drivatar will drive for you in the race with your own personal driving characteristics.

I consider myself to be a fairly competent driver. A buddy of mine recently messaged me saying, "Dude. Your Drivatar is on my arse!" It brought a smile to my face. :)

Oh, and the Drivatar earns money from these races while you are away. That brought an even bigger smile to my face. :)

Last edited:
Back