20 million credits for free!

Comparing cheating to make gains in real life and using an exploit coded into a game has no relevance at all.
We all played GT5 for years collecting all the cars, paints, horns, museum cards, tickets, racing gear (etc etc) and it was fun. Rewards were frequent, didn't take too long to get and (most importantly) rewarding. Going from 5 to 6 (6 being a much more incomplete game IMO) and seeing the rewards system is a real kick to the gut.

The attitude being taken isn't what you think it is. If a company wishes to penalise its most loyal customers, a backlash is inevitable.
$150 for Cr. 21,000,000 is wrong as is grinding 488 races with an approximate payout of Cr. 43,000 (the best $$$ to time ratio i've seen so far).
If it wasn't for 'The Glitch', GT6 would be very boring and annoying for me right now.

PD could stop it but, it's too late to do anything about the purchases we've all made. No point locking the gate after the horse has bolted either. I doubt that PD wanted the 'micro-transactions' to be part of the game, Sony is far more likely to be the perpetrator of this.

I suggest you read more of the thread, check your priorities and stop trying to be the Devil's advocate.
I liked your post up to the last paragraph. This is a forum for opinions. I am sharing my opinion and views on this. Furthermore, I am not trying to be the devil's advocate. It's a negative opinion. I don't usually like negative opinions but I don't like this either. Furthermore, I've read the thread. As stated above, I just didn't see the appeal.

This is what I would consider cheating: If there was a way to get the micro-transactions for free. Wouldn't touch that with a million foot pole. This glitch is exactly that. A glitch.

Again seeing how some don't search the thread for some people's reasonings on doing this, is to get cars quicker that we want. If PD would have a better gift car or payouts, then I would bet that most people in here wouldn't be doing this method. I mean do it like the old days you bronze a license test here have a miata. You silver same license tests here have a Slr mcclaren. Whoa you golded them all? Here's a Toyota minolta for your achievements....

The attitude being taken isn't what you think it is. If a company wishes to penalise its most loyal customers, a backlash is inevitable. $150 for Cr. 21,000,000 is wrong as is grinding 488 races with an approximate payout of Cr. 43,000 (the best $$$ to time ratio i've seen so far).
If it wasn't for 'The Glitch', GT6 would be very boring and annoying for me right now.

PD could stop it but, it's too late to do anything about the purchases we've all made. No point locking the gate after the horse has bolted either. I doubt that PD wanted the 'micro-transactions' to be part of the game, Sony is far more likely to be the perpetrator of this.
You might have something there my friend. Seems more feasible and logical. Time will give an indication. If this isn't ever fixed then I think you're right. Could it be PD authorized this glitch then leaked that it was there?

This is what I would consider cheating: If there was a way to get the micro-transactions for free. Wouldn't touch that with a million foot pole. This glitch is exactly that. A glitch.
I will agree with this completely.

Perhaps the word I really wanted to use originally was simply shortcut. I don't like what people are doing because it's a shortcut. It feels like in order to have something which many others are getting, I have to cut corners.. And I usually dislike cutting corners.

te="KinLM, post: 9093194, member: 221133"]I liked your post up to the last paragraph. This is a forum for opinions. I am sharing my opinion and views on this. Furthermore, I am not trying to be the devil's advocate. It's a negative opinion. I don't usually like negative opinions but I don't like this either. Furthermore, I've read the thread. As stated above, I just didn't see the appeal.[/quote]
Here's an old saying that may help you in this discussion. Different strokes for different folks.

Furthermore, I've read the thread. As stated above, I just didn't see the appeal.

Are you trying to see the appeal? Just not sure what your point is.

It's a valuable skill in life to understand where a different opinion is coming from and to understand it, even if you don't agree. It shouldn't the that hard to understand the concept and the appeal of this, even if you don't agree or it doesn't do it for you. For example, I don't like clubs with nude exotic dancers, but I know why other guys go to them.

I havent done it, but tbh the single player game is terrible..

I personally think all cars should be unlocked anyway from the start, most people dont have the time or perhaps isnt good enough to complete the game (x50).. why should younger kids and over 30s not get to try out some of the better cars???

Online would be amazing if all cars were available
It would be a much better game

This thread shows that they should take the hint and unlock all cars

Credits could just be used for mods.

Are you trying to see the appeal? Just not sure what your point is.

It's a valuable skill in life to understand where a different opinion is coming from and to understand it, even if you don't agree. It shouldn't the that hard to understand the concept and the appeal of this, even if you don't agree or it doesn't do it for you. For example, I don't like clubs with nude exotic dancers, but I know why other guys go to them.
I do understand where they're coming from. I don't necessarily agree with it. I see the advantages but I guess I don't value those advantages as highly as others.

I havent done it, but tbh the single player game is terrible..

I personally think all cars should be unlocked anyway from the start, most people dont have the time or perhaps isnt good enough to complete the game (x50).. why should younger kids and over 30s not get to try out some of the better cars???

Online would be amazing if all cars were available

This thread shows that they should take the hint and unlock all cars

I hear you but can't agree. Some measure of earning is a good thing. Work/Reward. If I complete a set of races then reward me...but give me enough credits to reward myself with a new car!

I do understand where they're coming from. I don't necessarily agree with it. I see the advantages but I guess I don't value those advantages as highly as others.

That makes perfect sense. It's not what you said earlier. It's nice to see you now agree with what everybody has been saying. :)

The use of this glitch is merely a symptom of the GT6 economy. Its stingy. Requiring you to "grind". If PD simply increased the payouts times 10 everyone would probably be happy with that! A 30,000 race now becomes $300,000. I only need 7 of those to buy a Deltawing not 70.

This, along with reducing the ridiculous chassis maintenance fee, and there would be no need to glitch.

GT6 payouts.........

Small = Excessive grinding which could break your PS3. It needs repairing or replacing. Sony makes $$$. Or, you give in and buy a 'micro-transaction'. Sony makes $$$.

Large = Everybody's happy.

"Money talks, money walks......................."

Thats what I don't like though. It seems unfair that somebody can have all the cars when racing me online when I have to purchase them all over periods of time. It seems like an unfair advantage to me.

It *SEEMS LIKE*, to you.

Would it be unfair if I were to pay Sony $3500 in my real money to buy in-game credits to go and buy all those cars? Would that make it more fair to you? You cannot argue that I had not come by the cars honestly at that point, could you?

By the way, you don't "have to purchase them all over periods of time." You *CHOOSE* to do so. Others choose not to do so.

It's like taking a vow of abstinence and then complaining that others are having all this great, fun sex that you wish you could have, but you can't. It's not that you CAN'T, but that you CHOSE NOT TO. Don't put the onus on others for what you choose to do.

Not really. Grinding can be boring because I really want the cars that hold my interest in the game, such as the Pagani Huayra. I don't want to sit down doing an event over and over again, just to get enough credits to buy said car, that's not fun IMO. The fun is actually driving cars. I'm really grateful this glitch exists because I gotten all of the cars I really wanted so I can hangout with others online, and didn't need to grind nor buy in-game credits.
This was the thing I enjoyed in Forza 4, when I wanted to show the game to some friends and have some quick fun races at my house, I would use the arcade option that game had which allowed us to choose from all the cars in the game. When I was alone I enjoyed doing my career trying to buy the least amount of cars possible to finish it, just getting new cars by racing and leveling up. It was a win-win situation. I read that Forza 5 took out that option now...which is one more reason for me not to rush into the new consoles.
This glitch will help me entertain my friends at my place. I don't race online as my internet speed wouldn't allow me to race as smoothly and precisely as I'm able to making it look like that I'm a bad driver (that's the excuse I'm sticking with), so I'm not taking an unfair advantage of people who don't glitch because I don't race them.

This was the thing I enjoyed in Forza 4, when I wanted to show the game to some friends and have some quick fun races at my house, I would use the arcade option that game had which allowed us to choose from all the cars in the game. When I was alone I enjoyed doing my career trying to buy the least amount of cars possible to finish it, just getting new cars by racing and leveling up. It was a win-win situation. I read that Forza 5 took out that option now...which is one more reason for me not to rush into the new consoles.
This glitch will help me entertain my friends at my place. I don't race online as my internet speed wouldn't allow me to race as smoothly and precisely as I'm able to making it look like that I'm a bad driver (that's the excuse I'm sticking with), so I'm not taking an unfair advantage of people who don't glitch because I don't race them.
Excatly, that's the thing I really like about this glitch. You can get the cars you really wanted and enjoy racing them with your friends, just like in Forza 4. 👍

...only to have them disappear when you moved them to the stockyard :sly:

PD/Sony would have some major class action lawsuits on their hands if I/we lost $3,500 because the content was lost in the stockyard. I am fairly certain that loss of credits paid with actual currency is already occurring. Perhaps this is why PD/Sony is not pursuing the "exploit" as swiftly as many would have expected. I will be honest, I spent $10 initially to purchase 1,000,000 credits for the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT only to realize later on that the first was gifted. Oh well, the 1M wound up being used elsewhere. But if the "exploit" had not existed and I had lost that 1M in the stockyard, I would be peeved. Otherwise, PD/Sony can keep the $10. I have however lost countless vehicles in the stockyard, since then. Fortunately, I am not too upset about it as I have been "accommodated" a hundred if not a thousand fold. :)

What's the fun in the game if you cheat it for everything?
How is this glitch robbing me of any fun?
It's ridding me of unneeded frustration and countless hours of repetitive grinding.

Thats what I don't like though. It seems unfair that somebody can have all the cars when racing me online when I have to purchase them all over periods of time. It seems like an unfair advantage to me.
PP/tire restrictions eliminate any unfair advantages, don't they?

Last edited:
Sony & PD & the low payouts & microtransactions. Is this really the way the franchise is gonna go? I really didn't pay attention to the economy of GT5 because I had the Bobs and the Bspec widget. Yeah, I'd let the guys grind over night using electricity (shouldn't have to). The micro-trans aren't micro. Its a big time rip-off. You shouldn't have to spend extra to play a game you already bought. That's just wrong. DLC is wrong but its something I'd' do. I've put several things down and not looked back because of something ridiculous. I'm sure I'm not the only one. If GT7 is anything like 6 with regards to the in game economy then I'm probably done with the GT series. I can always go fishing or play COD, F1 or something else.

Comparing cheating to make gains in real life and using an exploit coded into a game has no relevance at all.
We all played GT5 for years collecting all the cars, paints, horns, museum cards, tickets, racing gear (etc etc) and it was fun. Rewards were frequent, didn't take too long to get and (most importantly) rewarding. Going from 5 to 6 (6 being a much more incomplete game IMO) and seeing the rewards system is a real kick to the gut. Especially after giving them £60 of my hard earned cash (and the 120 they got for GT5 SE).

The attitude being taken isn't what you think it is. If a company wishes to penalise its most loyal customers, a backlash is inevitable.
$150 for Cr. 21,000,000 is wrong as is grinding 488 races with an approximate payout of Cr. 43,000 (the best $$$ to time ratio i've seen so far).

I suggest you read more of the thread, check your priorities and stop trying to be the Devil's advocate.

Great post. It's up to the individual to do whatever they want. Me personally, I got sick to death of grinding 'Like The Wind' for 45,000 a time.

Back