20 million credits for free!

Why is everyone saying the money glitch is gone? The one this thread is based on (selling VGT) still works. Well, it did for me [at least once more] by stocking up on VGT's and building my garage before updating to 1.02

edit: for anyone who wants to know, do the credit glitch before updating to 1.02

Last edited:
Why is everyone saying the money glitch is gone? The one this thread is based on (selling VGT) still works. Well, it did for me [at least once more] by stocking up on VGT's and building my garage before updating to 1.02

In the new patch, any post 1.00 car purchased is written into your save file in a way that 1.00 doesn't recognize it at all, so if you had these $ cars before the patch, they will still work, but any you buy now will not show up in 1.00.

If you dont update to Patch 1.02, then it still does work, but after you do, it will no longer work

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys, now I won't have to go through the trouble of deleting and reinstalling for nothing

If you dont update to Patch 1.02, then it still does work, but after you do, it will no longer work
Just to clarify, it will still work even after updating to 1.02 as long as the glitch cars were purchased in 1.01.

The VGTs and M4s I have in my garage still sell for 300+mil if I go back to 1.00, but any new VGT or M4 I purchase in 1.02 wont show in 1.00.

Spent all day building my garage full of the 500 most expensive cars 20 of p440s to bank before I updated to 1.02 worked with no problems just waiting for my thumbnail s to up date, would have got more cars but afraid of losing in the stockyard with all the problems has the stockyard been fix with this upset.

Spent all day building my garage full of the 500 most expensive cars 20 of p440s to bank before I updated to 1.02 worked with no problems just waiting for my thumbnail s to up date, would have got more cars but afraid of losing in the stockyard with all the problems has the stockyard been fix with this upset.

You don't need to be afraid if you keep cars out of the stockyard. PD should've called it the trash can.

Wow, thanks a lot PD. Fix this before I can reach the price of entry. So much for getting a fully tuned Nova before the patch!

But sure, keep fixing every money glitch that gets found so people will buy your insane credit DLC. Whatever. You'll never catch me paying real money for game cash!

But sure, keep fixing every money glitch that gets found so people will buy your insane credit DLC. Whatever.
v1.02 Patch Notes
Consecutive Login Bonus
When you login online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awards will be added for each consecutive day: 110% for the 1st day, 130% for the 2nd day, 140% for the 3rd day and so on, until you will receive 200% bonus on the 5th day. Be sure to login every day to earn more credits!

Credits earned in Career Mode increased
The amount of credits earned in Career Mode have been increased. Rewards for Novice Class races have been raised to approximately 110%, for National B Class up to approx. 130%, for National A Class to approx. 140%, for International B Class to approx. 150%, for International A Class to approx. 160%, and for Super Class they have been raised to approximately 170%. This may give good incentive to go back and try some races you’ve already cleared!

Bonus Events within Seasonal Events
From 20 December 2013 3:00AM GMT to 17 January 2014 3:00AM GMT the Seasonal Events will host a special bonus event. If you obtain a Gold award in all events, the credits reward will add up to 3,000,000 credits, and combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, this can multiply to a maximum 6,000,000 credits!

Furthermore, a second bonus event is planned to be held from 2 January 2014 3:00AM GMT to 30 January 2014 3:00AM. Again, this event will allow you to win up to 6,000,000 credits when combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, so if you participate in both special events you could earn up to 12,000,000 credits!
Curse their price-gouging hides.

Probably not going to help all that much, considering that nitrous injection now costs $100,000 per car, which is ridiculous. So much for getting a fully tuned, nitrous-boosted Nova today!

(The Nova SS was one of the reason I got this game - it's one of my dream cars in real life)

So, trying to figure this out. So do all cars show up as blank in 1.02 bought in 1.00. Then go back into 1.01 save, then dl 1.02, are all of the cars still purchased in 1.00 gone?

Probably not going to help all that much, considering that nitrous injection now costs $100,000 per car, which is ridiculous. So much for getting a fully tuned, nitrous-boosted Nova today!

(The Nova SS was one of the reason I got this game - it's one of my dream cars in real life)
So you can only put nitrous on a hundred and twenty of your cars with the bonus event. Ohnoes.

For reference, you'd earn 100k in 20 minutes doing the S-Class race at Apricot Hill. Before the prizes were increased by 170% and then doubled through a daily login bonus. So now your 20 minute race will allow you to put nitrous on three cars instead.

Those evil swine, forcing us to buy microtransactions with the boatloads of extra money they've added.

I hadn't hit the S events yet. Becasue of slow shipping, I only got the game on Monday and was too busy to play it until yesterday. And then that massive 1.01 update took up a ton of time.

Now I have another update taking up a ton of time. Might not get there today, but I might be able to get the Nova itself. I already have a flat black paint chip from the M-B VGT car, so that's taken care of.

Wow, thanks a lot PD. Fix this before I can reach the price of entry. So much for getting a fully tuned Nova before the patch!

But sure, keep fixing every money glitch that gets found so people will buy your insane credit DLC. Whatever. You'll never catch me paying real money for game cash!
Your name doesn't fit your post...

So you can only put nitrous on a hundred and twenty of your cars with the bonus event. Ohnoes.

For reference, you'd earn 100k in 20 minutes doing the S-Class race at Apricot Hill. Before the prizes were increased by 170% and then doubled through a daily login bonus. So now your 20 minute race will allow you to put nitrous on three cars instead.

Those evil swine, forcing us to buy microtransactions with the boatloads of extra money they've added.

All aspects of uprated parts require credits, not just nitrous. Full tunes cost a lot more than 100,000 credits.
Releasing more credits by giving bonuses, and special events is the same as the regional drugs baron throwing out bags full of Meth free of charge to the scrounging crowds now addicted, and wanting more.
So it is with credits.
That analogy ends there though as selling drugs is more honest than monetizing in game progress.
Drugs are also mainly sold to those at least in their teens and above, but GT ok for 3 year olds and up.
Maybe parent should stick their 4 year olds on the street rather than get caught up in this credit trap of gaming in GT.

Probably not going to help all that much, considering that nitrous injection now costs $100,000 per car, which is ridiculous.
I agree the nitrous is overpriced, I can remember it being only 5000 credits in GT4. I just bought it on my SRT Viper GTS '99 and took it for a test run on Daytona and well to be honest and I don't mean to discourage you, the difference it makes when using it is not super dramatic at all, even on the highest setting. :indiff:

Last edited:
So is it official? Its been fixed?

Yup. Fixed.

BTW, Pudgiecat, I've got a polydactyl as well - her name is Khaleesi, and she's got a total of 25 toes, including two "thumbs" on one forepaw and three on the other. She uses them to help her grab things, too. Mostly she grabs other cats. :)

But we digress, I'm off to try out the Red Bull Jr., I hope all of you have a wondrous and happy Holiday season......

Red Bull Jr. is a bit... underwhelming. I love the handling, of course, but it screams out for more power. Nothing crazy, just somewhere between what it has now (250hp? 215?) and the 1400-ish that the X2010 brings. Somewhere around 450-550hp would probably be just about perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who had upgraded from 1.00 to 1.02, does it upgraded in single download or divided in two downloads?
Just wonder if we can intercept the upgrade to 1.01 only.

Thanks

Let me say that I've never had a problem with stockyard. I manually save when I'm ready to turn off every time. After it saves I save it again manually. So twice. Just an idea

I don't know if this actually does anything but I have done the exact same thing even throughout GT5 and I haven't run into any issues. So far. Fingers crossed.

I agree the nitrous is overpriced, I can remember it being only 5000 credits in GT4. I just bought it on my SRT Viper GTS '99 and took it for a test run on Daytona and well to be honest and I don't mean to discourage you, the difference it makes when using it is not super dramatic at all, even on the highest setting. :indiff:

I notice a dramatic difference. I have it on a few cars and love it. And it's essential for my Life Step van to get going in 1st gear.

I agree that it is way overpriced, though. 100,000 credits is quite a bit.

Curse their price-gouging hides.

So basically PD is offering us around $120-$180 US dollars in free seasonal event credits. I just did the math using GT6's total 18M credit amount from both seasonals and the US dollar MT prices for both 500K and 7.5M credit packs.

Let me say that I've never had a problem with stockyard. I manually save when I'm ready to turn off every time. After it saves I save it again manually. So twice. Just an idea

I always do the same, unfortunately I lost everything in garage and stockyards, and two of my backup save files also had the same issue. :-(

Latest Posts

Back