20 million credits for free!

I find the Nitrous upgrade handy in some of the higher-paying events, where you're trying to get under the PP limit to get entered in the event. The NOS doesn't count towards your PP, so it's kind of a "freebie" when you need just that little bit of extra oomph to get past one of those pesky opponents. Think of it as a way to make things "go to eleven." :)

Since, you can't downgrade from version 1.02 to 1.00. How about trying 1.02 to 1.01 save file then go to 1.00. Then go back to 1.01 save file then update back to 1.02. I was just wondering if anyone has tested it.

Since, you can't downgrade from version 1.02 to 1.00. How about trying 1.02 to 1.01 save file then go to 1.00. Then go back to 1.01 save file then update back to 1.02. I was just wondering if anyone has tested it.

Update v1.01 is no longer available unless it was copied onto a separate hard drive though. I believe there are some members with multiple hard drives with different update versions. I believe update v1.02 was completely re-coded rendering that savegames in that update version unreadable on downgraded updates (v1.01, v1.00). Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, I was able to update it on a separate hdd with the digital at 1.01 and disc at 1.00, but since I am working. I have been unable to test it. Since the new update.

Update v1.01 is no longer available unless it was copied onto a separate hard drive though. I believe there are some members with multiple hard drives with different update versions. I believe update v1.02 was completely re-coded rendering that savegames in that update version unreadable on downgraded updates (v1.01, v1.00). Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Just deleted my Game Data to find out. Saves from 1.02 are not recognized. Game starts as if new.

That's the way I understand it. Basically, once you go 1.02, you can't go back. And the only way to go back right now is to not have downloaded 1.02 at all. If your PS3 hasn't updated and you haven't connected to the network, you can go back to 1.0, but once you try to update to 1.01 (unless you have it on a different hard drive), you'll be updated to 1.02 automatically, not to 1.01.

At least that's my understanding of it. I'm glad I glitched what I did when I did, but I'm not worried about going back any more. I'm on to 1.02, and with the bigger payouts it's much better - I find myself having to buy things just to keep from bumping up against the 50m cap.

By the way, does anyone know if you can run the Red Bull Jr. championship more than once for the credits? I'm sure you only win the prize car once, but maybe it could be a way to farm credits if it's repeatable.

That would be tens of thousands of cars. Why would anybody even bother?

Maybe some people like collecting things. They're called collectors iirc.

Dude, you really need a girlfriend or some outdoor hobbies! No direspect.

I've got plenty of outdoor hobbies thanks. As for a girlfriend; when did I ever say I was looking for one ;)

Anyway back on topic. I'm in the process of giving the old credit trick a go. Not sure if it's been covered but I'm going about it in a different way from what I've read so far (didn't do the small update that comes up in GT6 once you've downloaded v1.02). Bought a handful of VGTs and BMW M4s until I had very few credits left. Deleted the 1.02 game file and loaded up GT6. 20,000,000+ credits still present and no VGTs and M4s to be found. Exited the game, deleted the back-up save file (which had the 20M+ credits) leaving the original save file with ~0 credits. Loaded up the game and no change to the situation. Hope that adds to the data you guys have in this thread about version 1.02

The save files from 1.02 work just fine in 1.00. What 1.02 did to fix the glitch was writing your new cars to the save file in a way that's unrecognizable to 1.00.

By default, each car model has a unique identifier (number) so even though the 1.01 cars didn't exist in 1.00, 1.00 still recognized them as cars. What the new patch does is write them down differently (i.e-letters) and since 1.00 only recognizes numbers as cars, new cars purchased in 1.02 are invisible in 1.00.

Any $$$ car purchased in 1.01 still has its original identifier, which is why those still work in 1.00.

What about for those who want to go back from v1.02 to v1.00. Will the savegame read on v1.00 properly if update v1.02 is deleted? Or is the savegame unreadable once it has been loaded and saved within v1.02?

And if this is the case, is it safe to assume that the only true way to revert back from v1.02 to v1.00 is to delete v1.02 and use a v1.00 savegame that has never been read/saved in v1.02. Is this correct?

What about for those who want to go back from v1.02 to v1.00. Will the savegame read on v1.00 properly if update v1.02 is deleted? Or is the savegame unreadable once it has been loaded and saved within v1.02?

And if this is the case, is it safe to assume that the only true way to revert back from v1.02 to v1.00 is to delete v1.02 and use a v1.00 savegame that has never been read/saved in v1.02. Is this correct?

Your 1.02 file works fine in 1.00. That was one of the 1st things I tested. You just won't see any post-1.00 car purchased in 1.02 in your garage.

The save files from 1.02 work just fine in 1.00. What 1.02 did to fix the glitch was writing your new cars to the save file in a way that's unrecognizable to 1.00.

By default, each car model has a unique identifier (number) so even though the 1.01 cars didn't exist in 1.00, 1.00 still recognized them as cars. What the new patch does is write them down differently (i.e-letters) and since 1.00 only recognizes numbers as cars, new cars purchased in 1.02 are invisible in 1.00.

Any $$$ car purchased in 1.01 still has its original identifier, which is why those still work in 1.00.

Are the vehicles that have been re-coded in v1.02 only the "special" vehicles or all vehicles in the database?

Your 1.02 file works fine in 1.00. That was one of the 1st things I tested. You just won't see any post-1.00 car purchased in 1.02 in your garage.

Awesome. I am copying all of this information and will compile all of this for a post-exploit knowledge base. Hopefully, after a few more answers, I will have this posted up within the next 24-48 hours.

Awesome. I am copying all of this information and will compile all of this for a post-exploit knowledge base. Hopefully, after a few more answers, I will have this posted up within the next 24-48 hours.
Cool!

The glitch still works btw, not even that hard to do with the disc copy. A little slower, but doable with digital version. Can't really post it though, mods don't want that discussed (against terms now).

Just deleted my Game Data to find out. Saves from 1.02 are not recognized. Game starts as if new.

We seem to be having conflicting results here.

We seem to be having conflicting results here.

Hmm. The very first thing I tested with the new patch was loading a save file (with the new RB vehicles) in 1.00 and I had no problem at all, except that 1.00 did not see any post 1.00 vehicle I purchased in 1.02.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps lock67ca completed the new RB challenge, which doesn't exist in 1.00. Maybe that caused a problem.

Hi there,

I have found a way to keep the glitch working. Since I only play online I don't care about loising my progress so if you're in the same case follow these steps.

When you're on 1.00 you should backup your save data to USB drive. Then if you wish to play online download update 1.02.

When you want to buy some new cars, simply uninstall GT6 game data and copy (overwrite) the backup save stored on your USB drive. Launch the game in 1.00 (don't update this time) and sell/buy your cars.
When you want to play online simply update to 1.02 :-)

Hope this will help some of you. Have a nice day !

My advice after 1.02 is to not go back to 1.00 unless you have very good reason and good backups of your stuff. There are some nasty bugs in 1.00 that can corrupt your save and/or wipe the cars in your stockyard.

We don't KNOW that these bugs are gone from 1.02, but I haven't seen any reports of this since the update.

My advice after 1.02 is to not go back to 1.00 unless you have very good reason and good backups of your stuff. There are some nasty bugs in 1.00 that can corrupt your save and/or wipe the cars in your stockyard.

We don't KNOW that these bugs are gone from 1.02, but I haven't seen any reports of this since the update.

I forgot to precise - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Though I only did it twice and it worked you are right Gambleboyen there are bugs in in 1.00. But it seems that these corrupted save data comes from people saving car settings in 1.00. So do not save car settings in 1.00 and it should be alright. Anyway regular saves on multiple USB can fix problems so do not forget to do so.

Question: I've heard that the terms have been updated, I had a look online & can't see anything that would suggest the 20 mil glitch is now not allowed, am I missing something?

VBR
Question: I've heard that the terms have been updated, I had a look online & can't see anything that would suggest the 20 mil glitch is now not allowed, am I missing something?

They don't care about that. The terms you agreed to, basically say you can't sue Sony. Ever.

At least that's what they want you to believe.

Back