20 million credits for free!

Gentlemen,

Can we not turn this into a giant flame war and have some civility..... after all it's the holiday season and we should be filled with cheer......

Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a peanut butter cup or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So, you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers.

I hope everything works out for you at the end. I filled my garage up with +200 M4's and was about to downgrade to when i noticed your post.
I don't think it was patch related but to be sure I'm waiting for your results before going on.:D

Turns out 2 (of my 3!) backups were corrupted. Loaded the super-old 3rd backup, and it worked. Glad I was backing up, sad that I lost a week's worth of glitching and racing.

Not sure if this has already been asked but is it possible to just keep updating between 1.01 and 1.00 instead of having to go up to 1.02?

You remember those days back in 2011, doing that 4 minute-something lap on Le Mans with the Ferrari Enzo, getting 504,000 credits per go. La Festa Cavallino grinding? Great days. I must've done that race at LEAST 300+ times. Earnt 1,020 individual cars in GT5 legitimately. :D
Yep - glory days! Who could forget ploughing straight through both chicanes in an Enzo just to try and get that extra picosecond off your best lap time? And lets not forget before the seasonals - the American Race around Indianapolis. Man, I did that thing so many times in Jimmy Johnson's 48 car I had to re-condition the engine twice. Thus I am guilt free - no one can ever say I haven't 'grinded' in my time - and none of your silly rubber band tricks either - just hours spent racking up the miles old school! :lol:

Last edited:
The spirit of the game has been fixed to extract more money from you. It's ok to resist, just don't expect to be able to participate in the XJ13 lobby until 2015.

actually for me the spirit of the game is to have fun racing cars and achieve the results. not to try and amass all the cars and accessories. as ive mentioned somewhere before i have <20 cars and have only used 4 of them (from memory, i at work atm) and have made it 40+% throught the game. i am finding GT6 far too easy at this point but i am having fun as well, not really got into the online bit much though as its really clunky still.

so whats the XJ12 lobby anyway?

Yep - glory days! Who could forget ploughing straight through both chicanes in an Enzo just to try and get that extra picosecond off your best lap time? And lets not forget before the seasonals - the American Race around Indianapolis. Man, I did that thing so many times in Jimmy Johnson's 48 car I had to re-condition the engine twice. Thus I am guilt free - no one can ever say I haven't 'grinded' in my time - and none of your silly rubber band tricks either - just hours spent racking up the miles old school! :lol:
And don't forget the Ferrari F1 Eifel seasonal - reduced pp to earn 4.5 million Cr per 11mins. I bought every coloured Red Bull with that grind:tup:

oke so today i came home and decided to do the money glitch (still on v1.01)
bought al the cars i wanted plus some extra sell cars.
turned the internet back on not realising 1.02 was released, downloaded it instal.
now when the game starts up i get a black screen and ps3 blocks. still got savegame with al the cars on stick
euh HELP:banghead:

Edit: after restarting and harddrivecheck it does start up and still have al my cars :P

Last edited:
And don't forget the Ferrari F1 Eifel seasonal - reduced pp to earn 4.5 million Cr per 11mins. I bought every coloured Red Bull with that grind:tup:
Glory days Giuletta! What a cash cow! Have the PP low enough and you could take the chicane and 95% of the corners flat out, no braking! That's what sometimes makes me wonder if the course creators are actual gamers. The revised Ferrari seasonals were on tracks that weren't that much fun frankly. And I am through ninety percent of the current game (and loving it) and so far the only Daytona day race is the Nascar event. They don't seem to realise that while loving the challenge of a hard course, sometimes to grind you just want a track to build up the cash on fast and easy.

Glory days Giuletta! What a cash cow! Have the PP low enough and you could take the chicane and 95% of the corners flat out, no braking! That's what sometimes makes me wonder if the course creators are actual gamers. The revised Ferrari seasonals were on tracks that weren't that much fun frankly. And I am through ninety percent of the current game (and loving it) and so far the only Daytona day race is the Nascar event. They don't seem to realise that while loving the challenge of a hard course, sometimes to grind you just want a track to build up the cash on fast and easy.
Glory days indeed! I got to know that track so well - and the limits of the F10!! I can still drive it in my mind - apex speeds, braking zones, flat out corners etc!!!! Good to know I'm not alone:lol::cheers:

Dude. Are you serious? I was actually going to help you understand. Then you mentioned "gifting" vehicles. I am done here.

It's like you're trying to reason with somebody who (a) hasn't laid hands on the game at all, and (b) isn't interested in reason, but only wants to argue.

I definitely share the frustration you and Leroy must be feeling about now. You can explain it to someone, but you cannot understand it for them.

So they've lowered the money cap back down to 20m, or only 20m can carry over from 1.01 to 1.02?

I went ahead and updated to v1.02, and I've still got the 50m credits I banked. I also have a pretty good cache of 20m cars, which are indeed still capable of being sold for 6m credits.

It looks like Sony fixed the glitch itself without doing anything punitive to those who took advantage of it.

Looks like the money glitch is gone, but on the bright side, it won't be quite as necessary with the higher payouts, log-in bonuses, bigger paydays on seasonal events, etc.

It's dead, but it sure was good while it lasted!
I guess that happens when we don't do it as soon as possible. :(

I just dropped a spare 256GB SSD I had laying around in my PS3 for testing. The SSD I took out has GT6 at v1.01. When the new drive is all done updating, I'll be able to move save files between v1.0, v1.01, and v1.02 to see what happens. I'm just curious to see if you can take a v1.02 save file into v1.01, and then get glitch cars and go back to v1.0 again. Anybody want me to test anything?

I just realized I can't do this... It paired to the new drive and won't boot off the old one. Duh! LOL! Oh well. I'm set anyway, and this was just a test. Luckily I have saved game backups.

Looks like the money glitch is gone, but on the bright side, it won't be quite as necessary with the higher payouts, log-in bonuses, bigger paydays on seasonal events, etc.

It's dead, but it sure was good while it lasted!

There were probably too many people who took advantage of it for them to act.

Also, if you paid 20 mil credits with macrotransactions, you'd be pretty pissed if you couldn't sell it on, right?

Back