20 million credits for free!

I'm not a legal expert, but:

#1 - If you take legal action against people for YOUR mistake, chances are you'll probably not get very far. PD/Sony can choose to take legal action, but their case won't be well presented AND it will tarnish their brand badly.

#2 - I don't even think there is a legal issue because you can also buy credits. The credits can easily be obtained in game, the only difference is the ampunt pf time you put into it. If PD can take legal action against people selling GTs, then they could easily just take legal action for people who do the same race over and over.

#3 - Similar to #2's point, purchasing credits is NOT the only way to get them. It's an option for people who want a faster way to earn some. There is absolutely NO requirement to purchase credits at all and the game can be 100% completed, all cars bought, every unlocked, etc., WITHOUT the use of purchasing credits. In effect, you aren't "stealing" anything. Now, if these Micro-transactions were required to finish the game, that would be a different story.

#4 - Legal action wasn't taken with GTA V and other games with optional micro-transactions, why would it with GT6.

#5 - You can't steal what is free. Like i've already stressed, credits can already be earned and are not *required* to be purchased.

Now you mention this, I think it would be interesting if instead of punishing people who exploited the glitch, the people who did not were rewarded with something. That really would be an interesting twist.

It would be even more interesting if the people who didn't exploit the glitch were punished… as some sort of social experiment.

Well were free to sale the gift car, it's not our fault it costs it's wort 334m or whatever it is.

I'm sure they will remove the resale value of it so this will then stop.

So typical of today's society...want everything for nothing. It's gamers who are ruining games. Exploit, glitch, call it whatever you want, it is not how the game was meant to be played. To each his own but I'll get mine without cheating thanks.

I dont think it has anything to do with todays society, i know when we were playing gt1 on the original playstation there where cheat devices such as gameshark and action replay that made it posible to do a lot of fun things. It is rather strange that sony and pd are not aware of what players really want in a game. It would be good if they scrapped the entire credit thing and open up ranges of cars as you progress through the game. E.g. At the beginning you could run any car you want with a set pp and as you progress you get access to better cars with higher pp values. But instead of having to choose wich one you can use any you want.

Well were free to sale the gift car, it's not our fault it costs it's wort 334m or whatever it is.
I'm sure they will remove the resale value of it so this will then stop.
There is no separate re-sale values in game. Re-sale price is calculating from original car price.

I hope this actually works..... I have the disc version 15th anniversary, and was wondering if those cars will still be there.

Last edited:
People complain about microtransactions helping people get ahead unfairly.

Then go and do a glitch which helps get them ahead unfairly.
Get ahead at what? People can still take advantage of glitch yet still do career mode normally. Besides, if history repeats easy money will be coming soon which will make life easier for those that come later to the game.

To me this is actually better than doing remote races that waste time and electricity. In GT5 my friends helped me earn tons of money b-spec grinding. Now I don't have to rely on my friends or pay them back.

For those that do the glitch I strongly advise you to back up your game save data at different stages along the way. If you have a computer create individual folders and put the save files in these folders separately. If something goes wrong you can go back to your last save.

Hi guys. PSN version 15th Anniversary. Since the last micro-updates, Game Data does not display patch name, and the file is ~200KB. After deleting that, I see no 1.01.
Does that mean that the days of grace ( :P ) are gone?

You need the disc version. Digital download is pre-patched. Find a friend that has as disc and borrow it to build a bankroll, the save data will work with both and you won't need the disc after you're done money cheating.

Was gonna hold out on buying GT6 until later, but tempted to take advantage of the glitch too ;)

Go for it... the driving model is improved; it has a boat load more tracks; and FMSC will be starting in the new year. So if you have any inkling of getting the game at all, get a disc that has 1.00 on it before they're gone. They are most certainly going to be stamping future discs with 1.01 so even if they don't patch it out of existence it will atrophy on it's own. There will be plenty of fun to be had online in the coming year. 👍

I'm making a step-by-step guide video now for people confused about how it's done.

On a fake PSN however as I don't want to ruin the game for myself.

don't bother, it already exists.

Just got my 20 million, now downloading the patch for 1.01 again!

30 minutes to go!

pro-tip... you can save yourself time and bandwidth by moving the game data on and off a USB flash rather than re-downloading it.

edit: apparently game data is too *special* to be backed up.

Last edited:
pro-tip... you can save yourself time and bandwidth by moving the game data to a USB flash rather than re-downloading it.

Probably not going to do it again, I'm just buying a couple of cars, like the New NSX.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I might do this again!

How would I go abouts doing this?

Yes still works, best way is get your first 20million, then update buy the merc 20 times, remove update , log back in without update.. Now u have 20 cars to sell at 20million each ... Only sell one car at a time use your 20 mil then sell another so on...

So from 1 download and update u earn 200 million...

And I don't care if you agree , buy I using this so my son can have as many cars as possible on Christmas Day.... He has cerebral palsy and cannot win a race on his own but he love to just drive so this will enable him to drive straight out of the box with some great cars ... My sons happiness is all what counts to me

pro-tip... you can save yourself time and bandwidth by moving the game data on and off a USB flash rather than re-downloading it.
I wonder if a "clean" 1.01 update could be saved and shared across different PS3s that way, in case they quickly replace it with 1.02 in online repositories.

And I don't care if you agree , buy I using this so my son can have as many cars as possible on Christmas Day.... He has cerebral palsy and cannot win a race on his own but he love to just drive so this will enable him to drive straight out of the box with some great cars ... My sons happiness is all what counts to me

Good gearhead father 👍 ++

btw, 20*20 = 400 ;)

Yes still works, best way is get your first 20million, then update buy the merc 20 times, remove update , log back in without update.. Now u have 20 cars to sell at 20million each ... Only sell one car at a time use your 20 mil then sell another so on...

This made me tear up. :)

The one reason I have for not using this glitch is that I hope that PD will make the payouts for future Seasonals a lot higher (like they were in GT5). I am not sure that these first 'seasonals' are an example of what is to come. Giving huge payouts on day one would've been strange in my opinion.
I do like the idea of 'earning' the money for the nice cars, but not through the current A-spec payouts…

you can redownload them bruh
I've done this glitch is a nice number of times now and I'm not ashamed at all of it. people have different tastes in racing games. I personally don't like grinding a small sum of money to get a car that I really want. I see no fun in that. I'd rather have some sick rides available at the beginning to have fun at.
and to those saying oh, that kills the fun of the game, no it doesn't (atleast not for me). I glitched at the beginning of GT5 and I still played the heck out of it until GT6 came out without ever getting bored.
+1

Hi there guys,
Just picture this, I was playing GT6 v1.01, for some reason I had to format my hdd, so I´ve backup my save game data,
after that I want to play the game again, so I do, but unfortunately because of the bad wheather my internet it´s down and i´m stuck in v1.00 I copy my save game data to my PS3 and fired up the game.
After some races I go check my garage, and I see this odd 2055 Mercedes car so i go check him out, when I press the sell button this message appears saying this car worth 333.000.000cr but i can only have 20M,
I think to my self "i can live with that, i´m gonna sell it"

So now i have 20Mcr to buy cars with out any Hacking just a happy chain of circunstancial events.

Did i do anything Wrong?

I think i got enough creds for every car in every colour. Another week and I should have 1 million dollars worth of credits.

Hi there guys,
Just picture this, I was playing GT6 v1.01, for some reason I had to format my hdd, so I´ve backup my save game data,
after that I want to play the game again, so I do, but unfortunately because of the bad wheather my internet it´s down and i´m stuck in v1.00 I copy my save game data to my PS3 and fired up the game.
After some races I go check my garage, and I see this odd 2055 Mercedes car so i go check him out, when I press the sell button this message appears saying this car worth 333.000.000cr but i can only have 20M,
I think to my self "i can live with that, i´m gonna sell it"

So now i have 20Mcr to buy cars with out any Hacking just a happy chain of circunstancial events.

Did i do anything Wrong?

This happened to me too!!!!!

This happened to me too!!!!!
:lol::cheers:

as a final stage: you can buy around 5 cars with 20mil each. Then after final update to 1.01 sell them for 6mil each and rise credits to 50mil - the max for v1.01. :lol:

And you can store some 20M cars to sell later.... a friend of mine have more than 50....:crazy:

my game is freezing when i try to enter my garage to sell the Mercedes for the first time. I guess I have to get that 20 million the hard way

Back