20 million credits for free!

1. Obtain the Mercedes
2. Quit Game > Game Data Utility > Delete GT6 File for 1.01 patch.
3. Restart GT6, click cancel "O", when it asks you to update to 1.01.
4. Go into your garage, sell the car.
5. Quit game and exit to XMB.
6. Start game, download patch, and spend 20,000,000 credits on 20 Mercs.
7. Delete the GT6 1.01 patch
8. Start the game, without downloading the patch
9. Sell the merc and spend 20,000,000 on al the the cars you'd like. Then sell another merc to get 20,000,000. (You can do that 20 times!
10. Be sure to keep at least 1,000,000 credits. Then exit game
11. Start GT6 with updating the patch
12. Buy the merc.

Repeat 'till you get bored, or have all the cars;)

Now that, kind sir, is nothing short of a work of genius. I'll be picking up a few new cars tonight.

Is there a list of the twenty million credits cars anywhere?

Sooo what happens to my game progress so far??? Will I need to start all over again?

No, your progress will be fine because you are not deleting your file from "Saved Data Utility" you are deleting the file from "Game Data Utility", if you delete the file from "Saved Data Utility" you messed up.

Now that this is out in the open I'll post my feelings on the subject.

I got the game Monday and burned through 350m credits immediately; so it's all good for me. And it was shocking how much cash it takes to replace the 2yr old gt5 garage that was trickle purchased. I had to go back to the well a second time for the 20*20 to get formula and rally cars since Touring, LeMans, and classic race cars eats the purse quick. Then a 3rd time to store up a piggy bank of Ferrari P4's to use after the bug is fixed as a long-term savings account.

Honestly being able to just jump into the online (re: fun) part of the game without a year of *work* in a-spec is THE thing that made me buy this. I'll repeat... This glitch is the only reason I bought the launch game. Great early adopter gift. Thank you PD for making your first bug that certainly counts as a feature. How's that for a game review quote to put on the commercials?

I can only hope this shows the powers that be that GT is much better without an economy. They can still have the game unlock progressively if they want; but make it a skills and achievement based process not this artificial currency driven idea from 15 years ago. I would fully embrace a system that as you gain licenses and level up it opens up more and more of the dealership offerings based on what PP level your're "certified" to use. Or some sort of proper career mode more akin to the things that codies tried in the F1 games.

I'm ok with the idea of "working your way up from a civic" ... I get that. But the cars should all have the price tags taken off and let you use driver experience to unlock ranges of PP. That way it's an achievement and not a grind. The cars should all be zero $ buys and open up as you gain ability, not bank roll. What kind of car fantasy is this where I still have to decide if it's more economical to buy a Corvette and tune it over the Ferrari I really want? This game is about automotive passion and being a driving simulator, *F* the financials it's a game not Quicken.

They "got it" in some respects, getting rid of the used car dealer was a step in the right direction. The "base model" race cars are a great move... but that last ingredient of removing the "credits" is still a big one that needs an overhaul. They haven't made a significant change in the "career mode" game play since 1999. GT isn't much of a "game" anymore, its a big adult toy box and they should embrace it and start treating it that way.

I'm actually excited about the game now that it's an online simulation tool again. It's awful and dated as a single player game. So; Merry Xmas PD. You have a happy customer and a positive review from me.

p.s.
If arcade mode was career mode just with all the economy stripped out of it I would play that. However, they've never given a savable garage with tuning, painting, customizing changes and access to every car. They always limit the car access, limit the customization, and never allow you to maintain a garage of *your* car instances.

I couldn't have said it any better. I have built of several garages in previous GT titles, I also had my Japanese PS3 go out on me and I lost all my cars and stealth models that I got with the Signature Edition I imported from Europe. I was crushed, now with this I can get back my garage and purchase the stealth cars I lost in GT5.

The most fun I have anyways is competing with people in online.

Now that this is out in the open I'll post my feelings on the subject.

I got the game Monday and burned through 350m credits immediately; so it's all good for me. And it was shocking how much cash it takes to replace the 2yr old gt5 garage that was trickle purchased. I had to go back to the well a second time for the 20*20 to get formula and rally cars since Touring, LeMans, and classic race cars eats the purse quick. Then a 3rd time to store up a piggy bank of Ferrari P4's to use after the bug is fixed as a long-term savings account.

Honestly being able to just jump into the online (re: fun) part of the game without a year of *work* in a-spec is THE thing that made me buy this. I'll repeat... This glitch is the only reason I bought the launch game. Great early adopter gift. Thank you PD for making your first bug that certainly counts as a feature. How's that for a game review quote to put on the commercials?

I can only hope this shows the powers that be that GT is much better without an economy. They can still have the game unlock progressively if they want; but make it a skills and achievement based process not this artificial currency driven idea from 15 years ago. I would fully embrace a system that as you gain licenses and level up it opens up more and more of the dealership offerings based on what PP level your're "certified" to use. Or some sort of proper career mode more akin to the things that codies tried in the F1 games.

I'm ok with the idea of "working your way up from a civic" ... I get that. But the cars should all have the price tags taken off and let you use driver experience to unlock ranges of PP. That way it's an achievement and not a grind. The cars should all be zero $ buys and open up as you gain ability, not bank roll. What kind of car fantasy is this where I still have to decide if it's more economical to buy a Corvette and tune it over the Ferrari I really want? This game is about automotive passion and being a driving simulator, *F* the financials it's a game not Quicken.

They "got it" in some respects, getting rid of the used car dealer was a step in the right direction. The "base model" race cars are a great move... but that last ingredient of removing the "credits" is still a big one that needs an overhaul. They haven't made a significant change in the "career mode" game play since 1999. GT isn't much of a "game" anymore, its a big adult toy box and they should embrace it and start treating it that way.

I'm actually excited about the game now that it's an online simulation tool again. It's awful and dated as a single player game. So; Merry Xmas PD. You have a happy customer and a positive review from me.

p.s.
If arcade mode was career mode just with all the economy stripped out of it I would play that. However, they've never given a savable garage with tuning, painting, customizing changes and access to every car. They always limit the car access, limit the customization, and never allow you to maintain a garage of *your* car instances.
Just so you know, you are stating opinions like they are facts.

How interesting, I did this glitch without even downgrading at all. Now before any of you say, "How?" Allow me clarify to you guys that I have both the PSN(Gran Turismo 6 regular) and the Disc version(15th anniversary edition) of the game. Since I play the PSN version and not the disc version( i bought the 15th anniversary version because i wanted the 25 cars, suit, etc. Leading me to not installing the disc version to 1.01.), I was able to sell the VGT on the disc version(the disc hasn't been used until now, so it'll be in 1.00 for a very long time),boot up the PSN version and still had my 20 million credits. Of course, I still had to re-download the anniversary cars again, but thats fine. Now I don't have to worry about the Microtransactions anymore thanks to this glitch.

Really the biggest downside to this is re-creating thumbnails for your cars when you eventually re-download the patches. I did it with only 39 cars and it took almost 20 minutes...:eek:

:lol: no kidding... that takes outrageously long. I saw it crawling at about 30-45s per number; when it clicked over 4/235 and wasn't getting any faster I flipped over to the TV. No idea how long it took but watching a movie was a lot more fun. ;)

Just so you know, you are stating opinions like they are facts.

didn't read line1... here let me help you?

I'll post my feelings on the subject. :rolleyes:

Really the biggest downside to this is re-creating thumbnails for your cars when you eventually re-download the patches. I did it with only 39 cars and it took almost 20 minutes...:eek:

lol just hit select all and update all images it should be in top right menu, so you don't do it individually :)

I hope pd has learned a lesson on what we believe about the micro transactions. This idea will be be end of the series if they keep pressing that direction.

I hope pd has learned a lesson on what we believe about the micro transactions. This idea will be be end of the series if they keep pressing that direction.

People complain about microtransactions helping people get ahead unfairly.

Then go and do a glitch which helps get them ahead unfairly.

Hopefully that is me sorted for my GT6 racing career. Not a fan of grinding for hours to get enough to buy a car that turns out to be junk, we have all been there.

seriously, i dont mind because i did this glitch but after driving some cars, i would be pissed if i worked hard to buy some of these cars then realize they are crap. there should be some sort of refund or "buy back" for the same price you bought it for

People complain about microtransactions helping people get ahead unfairly.

Then go and do a glitch which helps get them ahead unfairly.

no one is getting ahead

sure, you may have a wider selection.

each race has a pp limit, even if you have a 1200 horsepower pagani, if it doesnt meet the pp limits, it cant be used.

also another reason why grinding for money is harder. in gt5 you can use overpowered cars to win races easier and faster

In 2 minds about doing this.

On one hand it would be nice to have all the cars I wanted now and all the money in the world to tune them. Plus micro-transactions are the s*** stain on modern gaming.

But on the other hand this is the only racing game I'll have for literally years until GT7, and I do want to have something to aim for in the long term.

:confused::confused::confused:

That's like saying i don't want all the angels of victorias secret at once because i can only sleep with 1 or 4 at a time.

Quality and diversity is key.

We can´t have it all in life too...that is most realistic. But this doesn´t apply here in a game of course.

I doubt that any of those Victoria Secret models will even take a look at our poor gaming as*es. :lol:

That is also realistic...I can agree with the fact of having to choose in all is good...but I already have that choice since I can buy the ones I really like. That´s my point. I have less money and less cars, yet I can have the ones I really want to have.
Sometimes is not quantity but quality. ;)

Diverse tastes is a different subject...let be better not talk about that...hahaha.

Have a nice day...let´s get back to topic. :D

:lol: no kidding... that takes outrageously long. I saw it crawling at about 30-45s per number; when it clicked over 4/235 and wasn't getting any faster I flipped over to the TV. No idea how long it took but watching a movie was a lot more fun. ;)
didn't read line1... here let me help you?
I'll post my feelings on the subject. :rolleyes:

Just an FYI. I timed my thumbnail recreations at 8s/per on my 80 gig fatty:lol:

Now every scrub has a chrome Veyron online!

This kind of thing ruined GTA 5 online, you guys are so lazy.
Lazy? I get maybe four or five hours a week to play GT. I want to be able to stick it on and jump online when I get the chance. Not have to spend the lifetime of the game earning the cars I need to play against those fortunate enough to have more spare time.

People say the economy is the same as GT5, they are wrong. When winning an hour long online race earns you 25k then something is seriously wrong. Oh yes it's the gaming industry milking players for all they're worth.

If Sony hadn't been so greedy in the first place people probably wouldn't have spent their time trying to find a way to enjoy the game without either shelling out a fortune or devoting their life to it.

Honestly being able to just jump into the online (re: fun) part of the game without a year of *work* in a-spec is THE thing that made me buy this. I'll repeat... This glitch is the only reason I bought the launch game. Great early adopter gift.
Was gonna hold out on buying GT6 until later, but tempted to take advantage of the glitch too ;)

Last edited:
won't dare to exploit these glitches...first the ascari glitch, and now this. These bugs are publicized so wide open for the gt6 community to see, that it seems sony/pd are now doing this intentionally, and might be cooking up some big gimmick of a conspiracy here 0_o

Now you mention this, I think it would be interesting if instead of punishing people who exploited the glitch, the people who did not were rewarded with something. That really would be an interesting twist.

Quality? To name a few...
Ford GT40
Ferrari 330 P4
Ford MKIV
Jaguar XJ 13
Ferrari 250 GTO

If you don't like any of those cars or don't think they are quality, you are not a car guy.

No glitch? When do you think anyone can purchase those cars? Not all of us can play 24/7 to earn 20million to buy 1 car.

The payoffs are so small and you cant deny that.

I'm making a step-by-step guide video now for people confused about how it's done.

On a fake PSN however as I don't want to ruin the game for myself.

Hi guys. PSN version 15th Anniversary. Since the last micro-updates, Game Data does not display patch name, and the file is ~200KB. After deleting that, I see no 1.01.
Does that mean that the days of grace ( :P ) are gone?

Back