20 million credits for free!

No, they would make the 1.02 saves incompatible with 1.00. That is different :)

Any pre 1.02 save game would get updated to the new format, but you won't be able to load your save game in 1.0 again. This would make this glitch impossible.
Yes but then you could download the v1.01 update and switch off your PS before it downloads a v1.02. Couldn't you.....? Not sure how the update process goes with multiple updates.

Yes but then you could download the v1.01 update and switch off your PS before it downloads a v1.02. Couldn't you.....? Not sure how the update process goes with multiple updates.

That's why they should also force you to download the 1.02 update (for example, by removing the 1.01 update and making the 1.02 update a 1.0 -> 1.02 update).

Hi. Can anybody write instructions, how do this with digital version GT6?

Based on what I've read here you will have to:

Get Vision Merc.
Back up save game to USB drive
Delete entire game!
Reinstall game but do not install patch 1.01 when prompted
Load save game
Sell car for @20 mil. and buy 20 more for $1 mil each.
Restart game and download 1.01 patch
Sell as many as you want @ $20 mil each

Not 100% sure about this exactly though.

won't dare to exploit these glitches...first the ascari glitch, and now this. These bugs are publicized so wide open for the gt6 community to see, that it seems sony/pd are now doing this intentionally, and might be cooking up some big gimmick of a conspiracy here 0_o

won't dare to exploit these glitches...first the ascari glitch, and now this. These bugs are publicized so wide open for the gt6 community to see, that it seems sony/pd are now doing this intentionally, and might be cooking up some big gimmick of a conspiracy here 0_o

I assume you are new to the internet? :lol:

I'm only doing this glitch for the cars that I don't have the time to grind for with the bogus payouts. The 2.5M+ CR cars. My only dread is that with a 50M credit cap they might make a car that costs 50M credits. :indiff:

Haha.. This bug is soooo great!

Enjoy it while it lasts. It can be patched soon.
They cannot change v1.0 because it's on BD, but they can recall v1.01 from updates and release new integral update v1.02 (or even updated v1.01). In the new version they may add this car that way, so it won't produce indefinite price in v1.0. Or they may make new save backward incompatible with v1.0 - so v1.0 will ask to delete the save in order to continue.

New to the internet? New to civilization maybe:lol:

Guys, I've seen a few of you post a method without mentioning this. When you buy the Merc VGT, the one you want to sell, DO NOT GET INTO THE CAR. When the prompt comes up to get use the car now, say no. A couple of you mentioned it, most did not.

Also, if you are worried that you might save the game before doing this and the save might be corrupted, you can test this out by reloading that same save file right after you make it and trying to restart the game. If it works that save is fine. I copy my thumb drive saves to a PC as an extra precaution and it only takes seconds to do and I highly recommend it for this and any other time you want to create backups.

well it's captain obvious its actually the other way around, seem to misunderstood then :sly: it just keeps me puzzled these "fatal" glitches are so very easy to be seen around the internet by an anticipating gt6 player that my intuition foresees incoming karma on either sony or the glitch exploiter(or both parties even:lol:)

I´m not going to try this since I don´t want to loose or damage my saved data. Just in case. I have 1 million credits, 50 cars, Anniversary Edition ones, and more than 50% of the game completed...imagine if something happens.

I will play the game as it is. PSN version here.

LOL

ill take virtually unlimited money over what you have

its been less than a week since the game was released, ill survive losing all my money, cars, trophies, progress if i can get all the money i want

i found out about this trick before i started anything. so before i even did any meaningful race, i had over 200 cars and spent about 300 million

Just incase it wasn't mentioned this works with psn version too, except you have to delete game data AND game. Then re-download. It's a a lot slower but quicker then grinding eh...

Interesting, so we can't just go to utility and delete the patch only...
No delete game as well and re-download

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL

ill take virtually unlimited money over what you have

its been less than a week since the game was released, ill survive losing all my money, cars, trophies, progress if i can get all the money i want

i found out about this trick before i started anything. so before i even did any meaningful race, i had over 200 cars and spent about 300 million

It will be nice if you can drive all of those cars at the very same time...but you can´t and neither do I. What´s the point of having them all?...You´ll never going to drive all of them.

I tried to get them all in GT5 in 2 years, yet I found out that it was a waste of my real life time. Is good to have a glitch that helps to get them...but I won´t risk my 3 days of playing because of having more cars...I´m getting the ones I really like as I said in other post.
More value for me, my hard earned credits increases the value of "my" cars.

So we are in the same situation after all. You have more cars...but you can drive one at once. ;)

well it's captain obvious its actually the other way around, seem to misunderstood then :sly: it just keeps me puzzled these "fatal" glitches are so very easy to be seen around the internet by an anticipating gt6 player that my intuition foresees incoming karma on either sony or the glitch exploiter(or both parties even:lol:)

isn't this what happens to everything on the internet!? Hence my (joking) question.

Just so you know, backing up your save will not save your replays and photos. I didn't care much for that though and did it. To be honest the lack of credits so far in the game began to annoy me, I was using the same cars because I couldn't afford to drive the ones I wanted, and PD can be ****ed if they think I'm paying money for cars I've already paid for. I had to redownload all my anniversary stuff, and the "thumbnail" pictures of the cars in your garage will all need to be updated.

A lot of people say "Gran Turismo" is about grinding, this is just cheating the game. Say that to Sony and the £100+ they want you to pay for the exact same thing. And sure it is cheating the game either way you go about it, but the game is low on credit/prize payouts and there are well over 1000 cars to try. I'm long past the point where GT is the only racing game/sim out there for me to play, I'm not going to spend years grinding and playing this in the same way I did GT4 or even GT5. I'm going to go through the career and then race online occasionally with the cars I have, before going back to my PC sims such as Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Rfactor 2, Simraceway etc as they develop and release new content.

I play them all and I don't have time to spend grinding races over and over in one game just so I can get to the point where I can drive the cars I want to drive.

Is there a list of cars sortable by price? Looking for a list of every car over 1,000,000.

Also, are there any other major differences between 1.00 and 1.01? I may do some races/challenges on 1.00 then update next time I leave the house.

isn't this what happens to everything on the internet!? Hence my (joking) question.
well im putting internet transparency cluelessness in a sarcastic tone...and im more worried about if this easy publicity of this flaw could be orchestrated by people behind gt6 or sony themselves...somethings weird might happen soon i reckon 0_o

I'm not going to use this but I'm glad it's happening.

In GTA5, some hacker gave me money that would cost over $3000 through microtransactions.

I want stuff like this to kill microtransactions. Honestly the entertainment industry is lucky they can charge money for a copy of some information on a piece of plastic. If they expect to charge more to raise a single data point and are surprised that people find easier ways to do that, they must live under a rock.

Bought pretty much every expensive non race car (I enjoy regular cars..) also skipped on the concepts...just because.

It took doing this (sloowwww) process around six times to get the expensive cars that I wanted. Hopefully my final 20mil will be enough for the more sane cheaper cars that I will slowly buy as and when required.

Hopefully that is me sorted for my GT6 racing career. Not a fan of grinding for hours to get enough to buy a car that turns out to be junk, we have all been there.

Happy racing guys :)

Back