20 million credits for free!

If I did the maths correctly you burn 14 million credits with every 330 P4 [insert your cash cow car] you buy and sell later. What kind of glitch is this? #sarcasm #glitch :lol:

"Human drama" maybe. "Financial drama" for sure.
True but it's ill gotten gains that cost you far less in comparison to what you are getting when you sell. Which is the fun of it all, I am about online racing not trying penny pinch my way to having cars to drive and if it's like GT5 where online cars accumulate wear and tear then you all the money you can scrounge up, this in game economy will bleed you dry.
Essentially you spun 120k into 6 million credit per car, not a bad turn over. Investors would kill to have such financial return on their investment.

I agree, there is definitely something strange about the way this glitch is being 'reported'.

Perhaps it really is a social experiment or a carefully executed plan to cause mass confusion, moral realignment and apocalyptic car stockpiling, thus creating 'human drama'.

Or maybe, just maybe it's a big 🤬 to Sony by a programmer at PD for getting them to put microtransactions in? Perhaps it was a PD employee who leaked it in the first place :embarrassed:

Read. Before. Posting. Everything you ask has been answered MANY times.

Short answer: Yes it will still work.

SUGGESTION: Perhaps OP could put a FAQ in first post so we stop getting the same questions over and over?
But get out of the car first !

Sorry... The answer was for replicant55

hi all

sorry if this has been asked before. But how many M4's do I need in order to buy all GT6 cars?

I'm going to this cycle once since due to my internet connection 1.01 takes me 3 Hours to download!

Do I need more than 50? 60?

I am sure someone did the math already.

Weird, I bought every car and 50 "piggy bank" cars, and it works fine. What exactly is it doing?

This is my second time doing it, but now any car I try to drive just loads to the track then shows me a replay view of the track.

Any races you try to enter say "Race Information Invalid"

Restarting it to see if it changes anything.

I don't really feel like setting up the game again. lol

Loads time trials now after resetting it..

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all

sorry if this has been asked before. But how many M4's do I need in order to buy all GT6 cars?

I'm going to this cycle once since due to my internet connection 1.01 takes me 3 Hours to download!

Do I need more than 50? 60?

I am sure someone did the math already.
I have done this glitch twice with 40 M4's I am still buying cars.

I'm sorry, its not usually my wont to be drawn into a debate that will inevitably end up circular but there are some quite stupid reactions to people exploiting this glitch. How am I cheating exactly? I didn't spend £60 on the Anniversary Edition because I want to rob PD of anything but I do now consider the assets included in the game to be mine to use as I wish. I also didn't buy it to spend pointless and frustrating hours, days, weeks thrashing the AI out of sight just so I can enjoy enjoy a good selection of these assets. I want to race... race against real people... and take part in organised time trials... in cars of my choice, when I choose to use them.

So I should be banned should I? For making good use of what's mine in-spite of the fact a company who's games I have been buying religiously for 15 years is trying to rip me off? I'll no doubt have GT7 on pre-order when the time comes because I am a die hard fan of Gran Turismo. I am not, however, a fan of exploitive and insulting marketing techniques, whoever's idea they may be. The in-game credit system is broken and it seems very much as though that was a deliberate design to support the sale of credit packs.

Fact is, I originally only bought a PS3 to play GT5P on. I now have 2 PS3s... and a further 2 GT games for them... as well as having bought every DLC for GT5. Way I see it is, PD and Sony have done bloody well out of me over the years and I'm damned well going to enjoy my 'ill-gotten' gains in this incarnation.

Wow was basically convinced not to try it, until you posted, and it made a smart argument for the 'this is for busy people' joke.

Might have to actually try it now (on one of my sacrificial PSNs I have to say).

If this is still possible in mid-to-late January, I might do it then, though the update will have to happen overnight
- Buy an M4/VGT in current version
- Delete data back to 1.0
- Sell M4s and buy whatever cars I like, so long as I leave some money behind
- Patch, buy many more M4s
- Go back to 1.0 again, buy copious amounts of cars

If this is still possible in mid-to-late January, I might do it then, though the update will have to happen overnight
- Buy an M4/VGT in current version
- Delete data back to 1.0
- Sell M4s and buy whatever cars I like, so long as I leave some money behind
- Patch, buy many more M4s
- Go back to 1.0 again, buy copious amounts of cars

Genius. Can't believe nobody else has thought of that.

I have the Digital version... So if I backup/restore 1.01 and 1.00 to different harddrives, I could keep doing this still satisfied with my Garage, without fear of next update I try download will fix it...
Now just got to get home from work in time.. 3 hours to go...

Looks like it's been fixed. No Vision GT with 1.00 - Although Community & Quick Match have been added to 1.00.

Has anyone else noticed that "Community & Quick Match" shows in Online section when in 1.00, but does not show when you add 1.01.

I have the Digital version... So if I backup/restore 1.01 and 1.00 to different harddrives, I could keep doing this still satisfied with my Garage, without fear of next update I try download will fix it...
Now just got to get home from work in time.. 3 hours to go...
yep.

Can someone help me? I just made this glitch, but i forgotted to un-wear the senna outfit, and now i can't see it while i'm racing, i see it in the garage preview though, but in the race the suit changes and it's not the senna outfit

How can i fix this??

Has anyone else noticed that "Community & Quick Match" shows in Online section when in 1.00, but does not show when you add 1.01.

There is also a DLC section last line below the garage.

Can someone help me? I just made this glitch, but i forgotted to un-wear the senna outfit, and now i can't see it while i'm racing, i see it in the garage preview though, but in the race the suit changes and it's not the senna outfit

How can i fix this??

I know with the cars there is a "Update Image" button. Could it be same for the suits? I know I've lost the names of some paints during the switch. Color is still there. Name is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know with the cars there is a "Update Image" button. Could it be same for the suits? I know I've lost the names of some paints during the switch. Color is still there. Name is gone.

You're a genius! I did not realize that my car did not have its image. Problem solved, thanks!

I'm laughing my ass off at the people doing this and then complaining when the game gets screwed up as a result.

Also heard a rumor that the Stockyard glitch is related, that the cars there are being deleted when you do this.

In any event, I fail to see the point. I'd rather just play the game than rip it apart. But that's just me.

I'm lost on the process to buy these m4's? What are you guys foing with these? Buy them in v1.00 then sale them in 1.01? When you run low on money?

Holy Moly! Stop the madness. You guys are all thinking like a bunch of mad scientists here!

Let's bring this back to reality. PD is a cheap ass company who tried to shove micro transactions down our throats!

Option 1) Lock the savegame to patch version. - Cost: 1 programmer. 1 day. $1000

Option 2) Re-write the entire buy/sell code of the game to trick version 1.00 and/or all the other insane ideas I'm reading here. - Cost: A room full of coders and a month of labor. $200,000 plus overtime pay.

Now, I ask you, which option would the PD we all know and love take do you think?
They must have amazing salaries.

I'm laughing my ass off at the people doing this and then complaining when the game gets screwed up as a result.[/B]

Also heard a rumor that the Stockyard glitch is related, that the cars there are being deleted when you do this.

In any event, I fail to see the point. I'd rather just play the game than rip it apart. But that's just me.

I couldn't agree more. I have nothing against people that are doing this glitch, but if you do it or do it wrong because you have no clue as to what you are doing, then don't come on here crying because your save is messed up. You glitch the game, or otherwise take advantage of an exploit, be prepared to suffer whatever consequences become of it. You live by the sword, you die by the sword, plain and simple.

I'm lost on the process to buy these m4's? What are you guys foing with these? Buy them in v1.00 then sale them in 1.01? When you run low on money?

The same as with the Vision Merc, it's just that the M4 doesn't cost you 1million each time you buy it.
You sell them in 1.00 and buy the 20m credit cars with the money you make. You then take these 20m credit cars in to 1.01 where they can be sold for 6m each.

The process once more:

Buy an M4 in 1.01 (don't get in the car though!)
Save your game
Exit game and delete the 1.01 game data file to restore to 1.00
Load game and reject the prompts to upgrade to 1.01 or to sign in to PSN
Sell M4 for loads of money (but your balance will max out at 20million)
Save game and exit
Load game again, this time downloading 1.01 when prompted
Buy loads of M4s with your 20m (don't get in them)
Save game and exit
Delete the 1.01 update again to revert back to 1.00
Sell one of your M4s and bag your 20m and head to the dealership to buy one of the 20m credit cars (Miura, GT40 etc)
Bank balance should now be zero
Go back to your garage and sell another M4 and buy another 20m credit car
Repeat until all your M4s are gone (when you've sold your last M4, don't buy a car with the cash. Keep the 20m)
Save your game
Exit and load up GT again, this time upgrading to 1.01
You'll now have loads of 20m credit cars which can be sold for 6million each, plus 20m in your bank.

Last edited:
nonono, people are buying them in 1.01 where they were first made available, then selling them in 1.0 where the car wasn't ready yet and was a broken file worth max credits by default

I heard a rumour the world was going to end last December. Apparently it didn't, although 'tis difficult to tell sometimes.

One more time.... the lost cars, corrupt saves, and various other errors are random events totally unrelated to the so called credit glitch. The only good advice anyone can give if you're going to play GT6, never mind start messing to get credits this way, is to back up your save at every stage. Make multiple backups. And brush your teeth.

Back