20 million credits for free!

PD never banned some users that went into a race with a Fiat 500 wich run 3513854365354Km/h... and hack that IS illegaly. This is their fault, and i imagine the CEO of SCE yelling on the phone to Kaz... but, if they didnt do something yet, is just because they cant.

This thread absolutely requires an FAQ amended to the OP! I am growing tired of reading the same questions asked and people with the knowledge are growing tired of answering repeatedly. This is insanity and part of the reason there are 46 pages of mindless, repetitive babble. As knowledge-seekers do not want to read through 46 pages to find answers, I do not want to read through the same redundant inquiries. For those saying that it is "laziness" to not read through 46 pages, it is also idiocracy to do so and to simply not ask. If the OP is not inclined to do so, I am willing to compile an FAQ and forward it to the OP. Sound like a plan?
:bowdown:

I couldn't seem to find anything on it man. Maybe I'm just to tired right now.

You do keep all the cars man, only the Anniversary go, but you can re-load them from your PSN Store screen under downloads!

INSTRUCTIONS......

Step 1: Receive (or buy as many of) the Mercedes-Benz Vision Gran Turismo Car in the Vision GT Dealership

Step 2: Quit the game.

Step 3: Under the Network Settings tab on the XMB and select Disable under "Internet Connection" Disable

Step 4: Go back to the "Game" tab on the XMB and delete the Gran Turismo 6 v1.01 update under Game Data Utility

Step 5: Start GT6

Step 6: Sell the car that was previously the Mercedes Vision GT. Note that it will now be called [2055] and will sell for 333,993,856 credits. Without the update the game has a credit limit of 20 million and this limit is how much you get after selling one V.G.T. car.

Step 7: Quit the game; Enable internet connection; Update GT6 to Ver. 1.01 when you start the game (stay on the side of caution and don't do the small update on the loading screen).

Step 8: Buy 20 more Mercedes-Benz Vision GT cars with your 20 million credits.

Step 9: Rinse and repeat Steps 1-7 until you're happy with your garage.

Ho hum..I've done it now..:lol:

images

So if I inadvertently leave my garage door up and you come in an steal my snowblower, lawnmower, four wheeler and all my tools, it is my fault for leaving the door open? Same thing.

No, that literally has no connection at all. Non-sequitur.

Having expensive purchased items stolen from your home is in no way comparable to virtual currency that can be earned in the game with no real-world purchases made.
Credits are earned WITHOUT microtransactions. If I complete a race and the game gives me money, did I just steal from PD and Sony because I also have the option to BUY credits?

Appealing to everyone? If you add a free mode than credits become redundant. Why would you they even include them if you don't need them for anything?

We've actually talked a little bit about ways that make it easier for people who don't have a ton of time to devote to the game to play with all of the cars they want. I suggest you read those.

You could simply do what Forza does. Any car can be driven stock, both in arcade mode and online. No need to purchase the vehicle. However, in order to tune it or upgrade it in any way, the car has to be owned in career mode.

HERE IT IS! Page 47, Post #1391!

:: THE GT6 20 MILLION CREDIT EXPLOIT FAQ ::

WARNING! EXPLOIT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

:: PRE-REQUISITE BEFORE ASKING/POSTING QUESTIONS ::
1a. Watch the video (STEP 1a)!
OR
1b. Follow the guide (STEP 1b)!
2. Read all Q/A!
3. Ask clearly and politely!

STEP 1a: EITHER WATCH THIS VIDEO CAREFULLY!

Give credit, where credit is due! This was first discovered by "Radical Dreamer". Thank you!

STEP 1b: OR FOLLOW THE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON PAGE 60!

IMPORTEKNIKAICR'S COMPLETE STEP-BY-STEP GT6 EXPLOIT HOW-TO!

STEP 2: READ THIS 20 QUESTION FAQ!

:: 20 QUESTIONS ::

Q1: How is it done?
A: Did you watch the video? Take approximately 2 minutes and 43 seconds out of your time and carefully watch the video posted above.

Q2: Do I have to have 1M credits to do this?
A: No. You can race and save 120,000 credits to purchase a BMW M4 or take delivery of the first gifted Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT and sell it in v1.00. IMPORTANT: DO NOT FORGET TO GET OUT OF THE VEHICLE BEFORE EXITING AND DELETING THE V1.01 UPDATE! BUY ANOTHER VEHICLE WHICH IS KNOWN TO EXIST IN THE BASE CODE OF V1.0 (HONDA FIT, ETC.) AND GET IN THAT! OTHERWISE, THIS WILL CAUSE AN ERROR/FREEZE! IF THIS OCCURS, REFER TO Q/A 10 FOR A FIX!

Q3: Can this process be repeated?
A: Yes! Simply save enough credits to purchase either a BMW M4, Acura NSX Concept '13 or Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT in v1.01 and then repeat the process.

Q4: Can I get in trouble?
A: Maybe, possibly, we do not know at this time. There are nearly 50 pages of debates regarding this. In the meantime, use this at your own risk!

Q5: I hear there are other vehicles that can be used for better results, is this true?
A: Yes, the BMW M4 can be purchased in v1.01 for 120,000 credits and sold for the same maximum value of 20M as the Acura NSX Concept '13 and Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT. 20M divided by 120,000 = 166 BMW M4s!

Q6: I keep selling my vehicles, but my bank account will not go above 20M. Why?
A: Each version has a credit limit. In order to make this worthwhile, you must sell one vehicle (BMW M4, Acura NSX Concept '13, Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT) for 20M, use the 20M and then repeat.

Q7: What is the credit limit per version?
A: Version 1.00 has a credit limit of 20M, whereas version 1.01 has a credit limit of 50M.

Q8: I have a digital PSN version of GT6, can I still do this?
A: Yes, but a physical hard disc of the game is best. In order to do so on the digital format, the entire game requires deleting and re-installing.

Q9: Can I copy the v1.01 update onto an external device to make the process quicker?
A: No. Not through normal means. Perhaps there are other ways but would require hacking your console (HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED)!

Q10: I have done this and now my game is freezing. Why? How do I fix it?
A: This is occuring because the game is trying to recognize a vehicle not programmed into v1.00 (BMW M4, Acura NSX Concept '13 and Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT). In order to fix this, You must reinstall v1.01, get out of the vehicle in question (use any original v1.00 vehicle) and repeat the process as normal.

Q11: Can this be done with multiple hard drives to be make the process quicker?
A: Yes. In fact, it can be performed best with multiple PS3s by keeping one with v1.00 installed and the other with v1.01 installed. It will then be a matter of merely transferring the save game from one PS3 to the next via a USB drive.

Q12: How can I safeguard my save from errors and data loss?
A: As with any digital data, redundancy is paramount! Create multiple copies of your savegame onto external data storage devices (thumb drives).

Q13: I have deleted update v1.01 and now there is a yellow exclamation point next to my Anniversary Edition vehicles and will not allow me to access them!
A: There is an issue with v1.00 recognizing the Anniversary Edition vehicles after deleting the v1.01 update. No worries, you still have the download rights to the content. Simply go to the PSN store and re-download the Anniversary Edition content.

Q14: I could have sworn I have updated the vehicle images, now, after deleting v1.01, the images are gone!
A: This is a known issue regarding the saving of vehicle images. This does not affect gameplay, simply re-update the vehicle images.

Q15: How many vehicles can I safely store in my garage?
A: The garage limit is 500.

Q16: What is the stockyard?
A: The stockyard is used as a supplement to the garage. Vehicles you do not use often should be kept in the stockyard. This was implemented by PD in order to decrease the overall load time of the garage.

Q17: What is the stockyard's maximum storage capacity?
A: Supposedly "9,999". As of now, this is unconfirmed.

Q18: Is the stockyard safe?
A: There have been mixed reports regarding the stockyard, some have had better results than others. I personaly have used the stockyard and have had instances of some cars disappearing, but I believe this may be as a result of incomplete saves. I double and triple save by hitting start at the main menu and have not had anymore lost vehicles. But until this is confirmed, make multiple copies of your save game on separate USB data storage devices and use at your own risk!

Q19: After I am done buying all of the vehicles in v1.00, can I stockpile vehicles for sale in updates v1.01 and up for future credits?
A: For now, yes, unless PD/Sony edits the update code which would limit the sale or resale value of high resale value vehicles. As a reference, 20M vehicles can be sold for 30% of its original value, which is 6M!

Q20: Now that I have done this, what's next?
A: Play the game with no more credit constraints and enjoy driving the vehicles PD/Sony would have you grind for hundreds of hours or pay hundreds of dollars to enjoy! Do not be upset if something unexpected occurs as a result of performing this exploit. PD/Sony may/may not respond with any form of consequence/punishment. EXPLOIT AT YOUR OWN RISK! Now that you are fairly knowledgeable and proficient with this process, teach others and refer their questions to this FAQ! As a wise preceptor once taught me: "Learn One, Do One, Teach One!"

IF YOU SEE A QUESTION WITH AN ANSWER LISTED ON THIS FAQ, PLEASE REDIRECT THEM HERE!

STEP 3: IF YOUR QUESTION(S) REMAIN UNANSWERED, ASK CLEARLY AND POLITELY!

Thank you to all who have contributed to this knowledge base! You know who you are! If you can prove you have answered a question first via page and post number, please feel free to message me so I can add you to the list of credits!

FAQ COMPILATION: IMPORTEKNIKAICR, etc.

Last edited:
This I not true you only need to downgrade once too v1 to get yoour initial 20 mill. Update to 1.01 then buy 20 vision Mercedes. Delete update then spend then next few hours in v1 selling vision Mercedes and buying cars that you like. When you have spent on all the cars then update and play as normal. Really no need for multiple ps3's and what not. Only update once you habe sold and spent all your vision Mercedes. Save your capped internet.

Really good point thanks! :D

Another thought, perhaps glitch once, then buy multiple M4s, then go back to 1.00 and do as you say there? I don't think there are enough cars in the game to spend that much

20 million / 120 thousand = 166 M4s

166 M4s x 20 million = 3,320,000,000 (3.32 billion). I think someone said not including gift cars there were 1.1 billion cr needed to buy every car, but hey, now you've got tuning money too ;)

EDIT: a step further, use those 20 million to buy the most valuable cars in 1.0 & 1.01, then update to 1.01 and have a piggy bank for the future, doubt it would be 3.32 billion, but it could be significant.

Last edited:
Q8: I have a digital PSN version of GT6, can I still do this?
A: Yes, but a physical hard disc of the game is best. In order to do so on the digital format, the entire game requires deleting and re-installing.

There is a quicker alternative if you have a second hard drive. The game can be downloaded to two hard drives. You can keep your main hard-drive with v1.01 and the second hard drive at v1.00. Since switching between v1.01 and v1.00 is quite frequent doing this glitch, it's optimal this way if you have the digital version, then at most you only need to download the game once more and simply switch drives to get to the version you desire.

Not to mention after doing this, switching drives is much quicker than re-downloading a 1gb patch with the disk version.

Edit: Disk users could also use 2 hard drives as well, making it even quicker for them, only needing to download the patch for one hard drive!

:dopey:

Last edited:
After shopping in the US PSN store for some stuff and seeing the price for 7 million Cr, I SO APPROVE this thread and exploit. I had to look twice the prices. It almost looks like an April fools joke or something. It's almost insulting.

Seriously, Sony. Do you think someone in their right mind will spend the full price of the game for less than half of what the most expensive cars are worth? Cars that are already available in the game for us to purchase? And do you think it's right to push PD on building the prize system in the game around this MT bull crap just to make people spend their real money for fake money?

It would be okay if you got like 10,000,000 Cr. for $1.99. That's more than reasonable and I'm sure a lot of people would gladly follow your scheme. Although it's still wrong...

Keep glitching everyone!!

There is a quicker alternative if you have a second hard drive. The game can be downloaded to two hard drives. You can keep your main hard-drive with v1.01 and the second hard drive at v1.00. Since switching between v1.01 and v1.00 is quite frequent doing this glitch, it's optimal this way if you have the digital version, then at most you only need to download the game once more and simply switch drives to get to the version you desire.

Not to mention after doing this, switching drives is much quicker than re-downloading a 1gb patch with the disk version.

Having PSN and disc-version is even quicker. :D
One on 1.0 and the other on 1.0.1, swooosh!

Edit: Disk users could also use 2 hard drives as well, making it even quicker for them, only needing to download the patch for one hard drive!

Please refer to Q/A 11. ;)

How much do you guys reckon we'll need for tuning and upgrades?

I'm thinking a stockpile of 10 x $20million Jags, which can be sold in 1.01 for $6million would give me $60million in cash to use for tuning and upgrades. Enough? :lol:

Now I know what Jay Leno feels like every day :cheers:

How much do you guys reckon we'll need for tuning and upgrades?

I'm thinking a stockpile of 10 x $20million Jags, which can be sold in 1.01 for $6million would give me $60million in cash to use for tuning and upgrades. Enough? :lol:

Now I know what Jay Leno feels like every day :cheers:
I have 40 GT40's in my garage and when I want to I can sell them for 6 million and that is enough for tuning and upgrades. :)

Just to be safe I kept 2 saves, one before selling and one after w/credits. I'm hesitant to play on the one with the credits as fearing loosing stuff later, thus making this a waste of time. What I noticed is that if you go to the stats page, it shows "current credits", "total earnings", and "total cost of tuning". Couldn't they add a check to see if the "current credits" is greater than "total earnings" + "total cost of tuning"? This has me a bit worried.

I think I'll stay on the "clean" save for now and save the other one for screwing around.
It would read the same if you bought gt credits via micro transactions.. So no this shouldn't interfere with gameplay

Latest Posts

Back