20 million credits for free!

I have done it with the Mercedes, and already have all the cars in the game and 100 Gt20 in stock.
I might be wrong, i will see the M4

If you look back several dozen pages, you'll see that I also have every car, AND 100 "piggy bank" cars... Got it all with the M4.

EDIT: I'm SO tired of people spreading misinformation. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING!

The hell with this. You have to re-download 1.2GB each time you update?
Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

No, Ain't nobody got no time for grinding for the next 3-5 years(or pay $3000+ for all the cars).
Good thing GT7 comes out next year. But seriously, why is the PSN network going potato? 55 minutes to download 1.2gb when my internet speed is 35mb download?

I have done it with the Mercedes, and already have all the cars in the game and 100 Gt20 in stock.
I might be wrong, i will see the M4

Might be? No, you are absolutely wrong.

Regarding the possibility that $20M cars might be unsellable. I'm glad somebody pointed that out. I hadn't thought of that possibility. I'll be the guy not updating right away when the next patch comes out. If the $20M cars are unsellable in 1.02, then I'll just sell them all and convert them to something else before I update to 1.02.

it would take longuer to swap the hard drives each tima than to download the update ... of course, depends on the speed of the Internet connection you have.
Huh? One plastic cover and three(?) screws? There's a time cost though, of installing gt6 from a disk twice. Might not be worth it if all you need is just one extra install of 1.01.

Huh? One plastic cover and three(?) screws? There's a time cost though, of installing gt6 from a disk twice. Might not be worth it if all you need is just one extra install of 1.01.

If i recall correctly, the screw that hold the hard drive is yet to be removed with a normal screwdriver. if you have the correct width of blade so it fits in , good for you, otherwise, people have to thread lightly with this screw because it can easily be damaged otherwise.

EDIT: and in case you didn't read some other threads, the games installs gradually as you play.

If i recall correctly, the screw that hold the hard drive is yet to be removed with a normal screwdriver. if you have the correct width of blade so it fits in , good for you, otherwise, people have to thread lightly with this screw because it can easily be damaged otherwise.

Lol its a normal phillips on every PS3 version. Its the blue screw.

1. Obtain the Mercedes
2. Quit Game > Game Data Utility > Delete GT6 File for 1.01 patch.
3. Restart GT6, click cancel "O", when it asks you to update to 1.01.
4. Go into your garage, sell the car.
5. Quit game and exit to XMB.
6. Start game, download patch, and spend 20,000,000 credits.

Or

1. Obtain the Mercedes
2. Quit Game > Game Data Utility > Delete GT6 File for 1.01 patch.
3. Restart GT6, click cancel "O", when it asks you to update to 1.01.
4. Go into your garage, sell the car.
5. Quit game and exit to XMB.
6. Start game, download patch, and spend 20,000,000 credits on 20 Mercs.
7. Delete the GT6 1.01 patch
8. Start the game, without downloading the patch
9. Sell the merc and spend 20,000,000 on al the the cars you'd like. Then sell another merc to get 20,000,000. (You can do that 20 times!
10. Be sure to keep at least 1,000,000 credits. Then exit game
11. Start GT6 with updating the patch
12. Buy the merc.

Repeat 'till you get bored, or have all the cars;)
I've skimmed this thread and see people are saying you can replace the MBZ with an M4? So is it the same process, just use the M4 instead of the MBZ?

I've skimmed this thread and see people are saying you can replace the MBZ with an M4? So is it the same process, just use the M4 instead of the MBZ?
Yes. Just ignore the people that say anything else.
Only stupid to spend 1M when you only need to spend 120k.

EDIT: and in case you didn't read some other threads, the games installs gradually as you play.
Irrelevant. You only need bare minimum content installed on your spare HDD with 1.00 version. Just enough to open a save-game and buy-sell stuff.

Irrelevant. You only need bare minimum content installed on your spare HDD with 1.00 version. Just enough to open a save-game and buy-sell stuff.
Whatever. At this point I guess my mind is pretty much set about this glitch ,and I think that we've all chosen our side to align ourselves with. no ffense, and whatever wich ways it has been done,

It's bad, m'kay?

Anyone having problems with the garage thumbnail image disappearing when returning to 1.01? Is there a way to update all of the images at once?

Yes, and I don't know, in that order.

There probably is a way to do 'em all at once, but I haven't even looked into it yet. Heck, I haven't even been doing them one at a time as I use the cars. :)

So let me get this straight. The steps are as follows:

1. Buy either a BMW M4 or a Mercedes AMG Vision GT
2. Change your current car to a car that is in version 1.00
3. Quit the game
4. Delete GT6 game data
5. Restart game
6. Ignore prompt to update to version 1.01
7. Sell car you bought (BMW or Mercedes)

Are those the correct steps? If so, is it safe to go back to version 1.01 after the glitch has been performed (i.e. Will your money still be there)?

So let me get this straight. The steps are as follows:

1. Buy either a BMW M4 or a Mercedes AMG Vision GT
2. Change your current car to a car that is in version 1.00
3. Quit the game
4. Delete GT6 game data
5. Restart game
6. Ignore prompt to update to version 1.01
7. Sell car you bought (BMW or Mercedes)

Are those the correct steps? If so, is it safe to go back to version 1.01 after the glitch has been performed (i.e. Will your money still be there)?
That is correct. Once you have bought your cars and are happy, you should quit the game, reboot it and do the update to 1.01 - then repeat this process as many times as you require

:bowdown:
That is correct. Once you have bought your cars and are happy, you should quit the game, reboot it and do the update to 1.01 - then repeat this process as many times as you require
That's awesome! No more grinding for hours on end. Thanks for the verification!

What are the next most expensive cars? Perhaps some diversification is in order. It might be wise to have some of ~5m cars just in case Sony does make the 20m cars unsellable.

If you remember (and if I recall correctly), in GT5 the most expensive car you could resell was the Ferrari F40, which brought you around $400,000 when you sold it. Sony rendered everything near a million and up unsellable/ungiftable.

That still wouldn't help them with v1.0, though. You could still go back and sell cars that weren't in that version for insane money and bring the cash back with you. Not sure how they'll fix that, or even if they can. I do expect them to respond in some way, though.

Last edited:
1. Buy as much BMW M4`s as you can afford. (Sell your gifted AMG VGT (in V.1.00, go back to V.1.01) that will give 166 BMW M4`s!)
2. Change your current car to a car that is in version 1.00 (Why not switch to a Honda Fit RS?)
3. Quit the game
4. Delete GT6 game data
5. Restart game on V.1.00
6. Sell a BMW you bought. Cash in 20 millions (and gift over 300 millions to PD).
7. Buy cars until your wallet is empty.
8. Sell next BMW...
9. Sell you last BMW and cash in 20 millions.
10. Patch to V.1.01
11. Buy next pack of 166 BMW M4`s
When you are near 500 cars upload your garage to stockyard.

At last buy some expensive cars (P4, XJ13, Mark IV, ...) that will build a piggy bank for later buys and tuning parts.

Don`t touch stockyard in V.1.00
You have to redownload your Anniversary cars from PSN Store.

Last edited:
Anyone having problems with the garage thumbnail image disappearing when returning to 1.01? Is there a way to update all of the images at once?

Going from memory here so may be slightly out.
When in your garage highlight 1 car, then down the bottom you get the chance to select all. Then menu in top right bottom choice is "update all car images"
Think i have missed something but not at PS just know. Some one will correct me soon. :dunce:

Depending on how many cars be prepared for a long wait.

Going from memory here so may be slightly out.
When in your garage highlight 1 car, then down the bottom you get the chance to select all. Then menu in top right bottom choice is "update all car images"
Think i have missed something but not at PS just know. Some one will correct me soon. :dunce:

Since when has your memory been an issue Toady senior.:sly:

1. Buy as much BMW M4`s as you can afford. (Sell your gifted AMG VGT that will give 166 BMW M4`s!)
2. Change your current car to a car that is in version 1.00 (Why not switch to a Honda Fit RS?)
3. Quit the game
4. Delete GT6 game data
5. Restart game on V.1.00
6. Sell a BMW you bought. Cash in 20 millions (and gift over 300 millions to PD).
7. Buy cars until your wallet is empty.
8. Sell next BMW...
9. Sell you last BMW and cash in 20 millions.
10. Patch to V.1.01
11. Buy next pack of 166 BMW M4`s
When you are near 500 cars upload your garage to stockyard.

At last buy some expensive cars (P4, XJ13, Mark IV, ...) that will build a piggy bank for later buys and tuning parts.

Don`t touch stockyard in V.1.00
You have to redownload your Anniversary cars from PSN Store.

Best read "turn glitch money into a real strategy" i ever had!!!!

Sounds like you could get all cars in like, 10 hours? like this?

Amazing how PD can brake their own game like this....
Shame really...

Anyhow, i'm enjoying gt bigtime just earning money and making well thought choices in what to buy etc..
But if i ever find it real hard to invest grinding time for a big millions car this eventually will come in handy, or PD could raise the winner credit bar in an update..

Actually just do that PD...

But still, how you described this Monatsende, A WINNER!!

Back