20 million credits for free!

Yup exactly,

:)

I understand the ones who exploit it by the way.. And my english needs some work i see..;
Or i read to much car racing stuff... Meant breaking, not braking :P

If you look back several dozen pages, you'll see that I also have every car, AND 100 "piggy bank" cars... Got it all with the M4.

And you'll never have enough time in the life of the game to spend all that... so, what was the point in that? :)

I've done this glitch 3 times. I managed to get all my favourite cars (about 250, sorry, only one of the GT500 GT-R's and same for the NSX's, SC430's and so on...), 20M on credit and 25 cars to spare for cash.
And you know what?...
To fully mod a normal road car, you'll need about 250K.
25 "piggy bank" cars x the selling value of 6M each = 150M.
So, if my mathematics don't lie to me, with those 150M, you can fully mod... 600 cars!!! That's half of all the cars in the game, bearing in mind, most of them are already fully modded :D
Now... you do the maths! ;)

The only 2 cars you really want to buy in 1.01 are the 2D and 2J.
Under 1.0 they are 12.5m and 15m while under 1.01 they are approx. 4m each
Many cars are cheaper in 1.01 than 1.00.
Best to buy them right after installing 1.01 and before installing the smaller updates which raise prices for some.

I'd be happy to unlock content, prefer it actually. Class out cars and require a license test. Make some un-purchasable and only obtainable by beating a challenge. Make it skill based, PP locked, region locked, whatever works. Other Gt's have had similar systems. Remember how difficult it was to earn a x2010 in GT5? Remember unlocking Nurburgring before they patched it and made it available to all?

I'm all for earning an achievement, I'm all for unlocking options as I progress. I'm not for having access to everything from the get-go, so long as you're willing to spend money to buy credits that can't be earned in a reasonable time frame. Any newbie can dump in $20 and buy cars and mods that would take me days or weeks to earn, I'd rather that stuff be locked away behind challenges and license tests so only those who have earned it with skill can have it, not dollars.
This glitch does not affect any feature in the game...i ask...like my chrome paint chip...

Might be? No, you are absolutely wrong.

Regarding the possibility that $20M cars might be unsellable. I'm glad somebody pointed that out. I hadn't thought of that possibility. I'll be the guy not updating right away when the next patch comes out. If the $20M cars are unsellable in 1.02, then I'll just sell them all and convert them to something else before I update to 1.02.

I was thinking the same thing. How hilarious would it be if PD/Sony releases v1.02 and find that noone is downloading it? :lol:

And you'll never have enough time in the life of the game to spend all that... so, what was the point in that? :)

I've done this glitch 3 times. I managed to get all my favourite cars (about 250, sorry, only one of the GT500 GT-R's and same for the NSX's, SC430's and so on...), 20M on credit and 25 cars to spare for cash.
And you know what?...
To fully mod a normal road car, you'll need about 250K.
25 "piggy bank" cars x the selling value of 6M each = 150M.
So, if my mathematics don't lie to me, with those 150M, you can fully mod... 600 cars!!! That's half of all the cars in the game, bearing in mind, most of them are already fully modded :D
Now... you do the maths! ;)

If he and I want to do that. It is entirely our prerogative. :)

About 140-150 mil and you'd have a very nice garage. Another $50-100 mil for tuning and you'd have a lot to do for a long time. My #'s - 39hrs in $2.8 mil earned and $1.1 mil spend on tuning. That's a pretty lousy ratio just using game credits. If you run a different car per event and racing online you're buying 1-3 sets of tires. That's $50-60k per car for tires alone.

Newest version of description.

You have no money. But a AMG VGT. Or a BMW M4.

Sit in your Honda Fit RS, go back to V.1.00. Sell your AMG VGT or BMW M4 and get 20 million. Go back to V.1.01

0. Backup GT6 save data to a flash drive! Just in case...
1. Buy as much BMW M4`s as you can afford. (Your 20 millions will give 166 BMW M4`s!)
2. Change your current car to a car that is in version 1.00 (Why not switch to a Honda Fit RS?)
3. Quit the game
4. Delete GT6 game data
5. Restart game on V.1.00
6. Sell a BMW you bought. Cash in 20 millions (and gift over 300 millions to PD).
7. Buy cars until your wallet is empty.
8. Sell next BMW...
9. Sell you last BMW and cash in 20 millions.
10. Patch to V.1.01
11. Buy next pack of 166 BMW M4`s
When you are near 500 cars upload your garage to stockyard.

At last buy some expensive cars (P4, XJ13, Mark IV, ...) or any car you think that is sellable later on. That will build a piggy bank for later buys and tuning parts.

Don`t touch stockyard in V.1.00
You have to redownload your Anniversary cars from PSN Store.

Last edited:
Many cars are cheaper in 1.01 than 1.00.
Best to buy them right after installing 1.01 and before installing the smaller updates which raise prices for some.

I know, that is true. But in the process you can buy cheaper with cars that give 20m instead of 6m.
Either way it is doable to get all cars easy :)

I'd add in one extra line to that...

Newest version of description.

You have no money. But a AMG VGT. Or a BMW M4.

Sit in your Honda Fit RS, go back to V.1.00. Sell your AMG VGT or BMW M4 and get 20 million. Go back to V.1.01

0. Backup GT6 save data to a flash drive! Just in case...
1. Buy as much BMW M4`s as you...

💡

Those people, and the ones who are allergic to FAQs, should be penalized for spamming. Seriously.

It took me almost an hour to compile the 20 question FAQ posted on page 1 and 47. I will certainly, not take any more time answering the same questions that I and countless other members on this thread have already answered. At this point, if I see a question that has been answered, it will remain unanswered directly. They will see a reply stating,

"Please refer to the wonderful FAQ on page 1 and 47 written by some handsome chap named "IMPORTEKNIKAICR" assisted by some top-notch members on GTPlanet!"

Everyone, please do the same. Thank you.

I was thinking the same thing. How hilarious would it be if PD/Sony releases v1.02 and find that noone is downloading it? :lol:

LOL! Nobody will risk their new multi-billion dollar garages!

Regarding Sony/PD making so you can't sell expensive cars (aka the piggy bank), it'll depend on how they patch it in 1.02. If they just make it so you can't see/sell the glitched cars in 1.0, then you could still go back and sell 3 of the $20M cars for $6M each and then update back to 1.02 with $18M in the bank. If they make it so the save file doesn't even work, then our piggy banks will be neutered.

It took me almost an hour to compile the 20 question FAQ posted on page 1 and 47. I will certainly, not take any more time answering the same questions that I and countless other members on this thread have already answered. At this point, if I see a question that has been answered, it will remain unanswered directly. They will see a reply stating,

"Please refer to the wonderful FAQ on page 1 and 47 written by some handsome chap named "IMPORTEKNIKAICR" assisted by some top-notch members on GTPlanet!"

Everyone, please do the same. Thank you.

There's a temptation to copy the whole FAQ you wrote up (which is really just about perfect and should answer ANY questions regarding this) and just start pasting it in response to every inane, already-been-answered-a-hundred-times question that gets posted here.

I'm trying really, really hard to resist that temptation, but I'm only a man, a mere mortal with mortal failings. ;)

It took me almost an hour to compile the 20 question FAQ posted on page 1 and 47. I will certainly, not take any more time answering the same questions that I and countless other members on this thread have already answered.

If you wanted to do that, it was entirely your prerogative. :)

I just saw this Reddit post claiming that the glitch is impossible to fix due to it being hard-wired into the disc:

http://www.reddit.com/r/granturismo/comments/1sza2c/gt6_is_the_vision_gt_glitch_even_fixable/

Think about it: you're buying a car in the current version (M4, NSX Concept, etc. work as well) that is not available in the initial version and therefore does not have a designated sale price, allowing it to be sold for much more money than you may even have. The issue is that you can't exactly patch the disc itself. What would PD do, recall the game and make it unplayable with an original disc? That's way too expensive of a solution.

It seems to me that Polyphony made their microtransactions worthless and allowed for an unrepairable glitch.

Thoughts on this?

Last edited:
There's a temptation to copy the whole FAQ you wrote up (which is really just about perfect and should answer ANY questions regarding this) and just start pasting it in response to every inane, already-been-answered-a-hundred-times question that gets posted here.

I'm trying really, really hard to resist that temptation, but I'm only a man, a mere mortal with mortal failings. ;)
Do you not see the irony in this?

DO NOT PUT CARS INTO STOCKYARD!!
They'll get deleted! The game is severely bugged!
There is an issue yes, but it's easy to overcome, when loading stockyard it may show 0 cars there, quit the game, don't hit back (as it will save then).
So by quitting if you get a result of 0 cars after loading stockyard you won't have any cars disappear.

Back