20 million credits for free!

You in a week
can-spare-dime-2.jpg
:bowdown:

Hahaha! I have discovered a very simple solution to the hacking in this game, and it cannot be avoided, because the solution is not on the PlayStation, the solution happens at the network level, and there is nothing any of us can do to avoid it!

Here is the solution.

Every time the PS3 connects to the update server, its MAC address is cross-referenced with a list, there could be a set number of times that a user can download an update, say five times, that seems reasonable. In all my years of gaming on the PS3, I have never had to download any update more than once, so five would seem ample. Any requests, beyond this number would be met with a flat refusal, unless paid for through a micro transaction. :sly:

I am going to forward this solution to KY and PD, lets hope that they implement it as soon as possible!
LOL, don't waste your time. The glitch is already fixed. I could have done the glitch only twice and bought every cars in the game in every color plus stashed cars for selling later on. Glitch twice and you would have had well over 3 billion credits without spending a single credit or racing a single race in career mode lol.

If another glitch pops up I would use it because the payouts are still pitiful. Online racing used to pay 10 times more than it currently does with a 200% login bonus. The login bonus is also bull because some people have other priorities and can't even power on their PS3's every day.

You're also just mad because you will need to grind for 100's hours just to get the amount of cars and credits we have. Your power company wants to thanks you!

Son of a...........

I swapped in my spare SSD drive to do the "glitch" since my original drive still has 1.01. Everything was fine until I put my old drive back in and realize I had made a horrible mistake. What mistake? I updated to the newest firmware with the SSD, which of course ties the console itself to that update. I didn't realize this update had just come out 2 weeks ago and that my old drive wasn't current. In effect...... my old drive is now bricked for the PS3.

Let this be a lesson to anyone else swapping between drives. Make sure that both drives are on the same system software, or you will be screwed.

Son of a...........

I swapped in my spare SSD drive to do the "glitch" since my original drive still has 1.01. Everything was fine until I put my old drive back in and realize I had made a horrible mistake. What mistake? I updated to the newest firmware with the SSD, which of course ties the console itself to that update. I didn't realize this update had just come out 2 weeks ago and that my old drive wasn't current. In effect...... my old drive is now bricked for the PS3.

Let this be a lesson to anyone else swapping between drives. Make sure that both drives are on the same system software, or you will be screwed.
You can still update the firmware on your old drive to the latest. Follow these instructions:
http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/pc_update/index.htm

Basically, you download the latest firmware on your PC, copy it to a usb storage device, turn on your ps3 with the old drive in it and usb device plugged in. You'll see a prompt come up asking you to press SELECT+START. When you do it, the ps3 will look for, find and install the firmware update in your usb drive.

Also, like the instructions say, make sure the folder names are all caps.

You can still update the firmware on your old drive to the latest. Follow these instructions:
http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/pc_update/index.htm

Basically, you download the latest firmware on your PC, copy it to a usb storage device, turn on your ps3 with the old drive in it and usb device plugged in. You'll see a prompt come up asking you to press SELECT+START. When you do it, the ps3 will look for, find and install the firmware update in your usb drive.

Also, like the instructions say, make sure the folder names are all caps.

Yes but it formats the drive and I lose all the old data.

it is easier to use a CFW, remove 1.02 and update back and forth to 1.01 from USB... :D

haha true. But swapping HD's takes me literally 20sec at most. I leave the hatch off and the bay unscrewed. I got 2 hours of sleep last night thanks to the shopping spree I went on. I cleared out pretty much everything good in Europe, next up Asia! This glitch is a godsend to people like me who simply don't have the time to invest. I usually have maybe 2-3hrs of GT per week and with GT5 there were so many cars I didn't drive simply because I couldn't "grind" for hours per car....... the whole grinding thing and this belief by some here that we are "cheating" is just silly.

To my "friends" on this thread, I started a thread on best handling cars(in GT6 general questions ) and would love your input....( I use GT5 and now GT6 in my classroom at the alternative high school on our "non academic" days.).....

Last edited:
haha true. But swapping HD's takes me literally 20sec at most. I leave the hatch off and the bay unscrewed. I got 2 hours of sleep last night thanks to the shopping spree I went on. I cleared out pretty much everything good in Europe, next up Asia! This glitch is a godsend to people like me who simply don't have the time to invest. I usually have maybe 2-3hrs of GT per week and with GT5 there were so many cars I didn't drive simply because I couldn't "grind" for hours per car....... the whole grinding thing and this belief by some here that we are "cheating" is just silly.

If you get 2-3h of GT per week, why would you spend that buying cars instead of driving?

Or a lesson to not cheat a game....

Son of a...........

I was going to do this before I got the game, but now that I have it I find the payouts in V1.02 to be enough. Got almost a million just by doing the Hudson Hornet Seasonal Event.

And it took me three hours to download the patch, so doing this is out of question.

Why should you care how anybody spends their time in GT? Let the man spend his precious limited hours on GT, as he so chooses.

I couldn't care less actually. I just find it a little bizarre that someone with so little time would spend so much time buying cars instead of driving. Why would you care if I care?

Or a lesson to not cheat a game....

Or not considering I was able to update the drive and use the glitch to collect hundreds of millions in cars.

The reality is they were trying to cheat us the customers with these silly microtransactions by making the game impossible to accrue funds to buy the cars you want to drive. The time necessary to grind and afford a $20m car is ridiculous and pointless. Repeating the same races over and over is ridiculous.

Sorry, I like to race with friends online. I don't want to waste my valuable time grinding, and in turn hating the game. This is how you lose fans. If that's your idea of fun, then don't do the glitch.

If you get 2-3h of GT per week, why would you spend that buying cars instead of driving?

Because of this thing called logic.

If I spend 2-3hrs (one time) buying every car I could ever want in the game, along with a ludicrous cash reserve, vs wasting away 100's of hours to gather the same cars....... which one of these waste less of my time and allow me to have more fun?

Hmmmm waste 100's of hours or spend 2-3..... tough call. I'm going to opt with never having to "grind" again and instead make the most out of my 2-3hrs from this point on.

Because of this thing called logic.

If I spend 2-3hrs (one time) buying every car I could ever want in the game, along with a ludicrous cash reserve, vs wasting away 100's of hours to gather the same cars....... which one of these waste less of my time and allow me to have more fun?

Hmmmm waste 100's of hours or spend 2-3..... tough call. I'm going to opt with never having to "grind" again and instead make the most out of my 2-3hrs from this point on.

Your obviously free to enjoy the game how you want but I'd hardly call that logical. I would guess that it will take you at over 8 hours to buy all the cars. That is three to four weeks before you are even going to drive. If you spend an hour driving each car, you will get to try up to three cars per week. 1200 cars divided by 3 equals 400 weeks. That is close to eight years to drive all the cars. I fail to see the logic.

Your obviously free to enjoy the game how you want but I'd hardly call that logical. I would guess that it will take you at over 8 hours to buy all the cars. That is three to four weeks before you are even going to drive. If you spend an hour driving each car, you will get to try up to three cars per week. 1200 cars divided by 3 equals 400 weeks. That is close to eight years to drive all the cars. I fail to see the logic.

Most of us who collect do because we like cars. I personally just collected the cars I had in GT5 that I spent time grinding to earn and would have left the glitch alone if we could have imported our garages. I work with students who are at risk of giving up on their education. I use GT 5 and 6 as a reward and many enjoy it. Having a good variety of cars helps me run races with them in the arcade mode. I want to enjoy the game and have my students enjoy it as well......

Then you clearly don't understand logic. It's a matter of short term vs long term thinking, and right now you are thinking short term.

I don't want every car. But it will take me 2-3hrs to buy every car that I want to own. There is a big difference between the number of cars I want vs owning every car in the game.

So actually it's 1 night (my free night) up front to save me hundreds of hours over the next few years. Math, how does it work?

I primarily only race in a league on Sunday nights and I spend maybe 3hrs testing/tuning/racing. So why is it important to own every car I like right away? Because now let's say next week the race is with a $1m+ car....... if I dont have the car I will need to spend hours grinding to afford it..... hours I don't have.

Also, let's get back to math. Let's assume their are only 400 cars I actually want, most of which are over $1m. I can spend 2-3hrs and get them all and enough funds to buy any car in the future. Now let's consider that it might take 20-30 minutes to make $1m. Assuming all 400 cars are $1m each, and ignoring the fact that this is not the case, you end up with 130-200hrs to afford the equivalent cars. With 3hrs per week that equates to grinding non stop for 66 weeks to buy the cars without having a chance to enjoy the cars. Now consider many of these cars are $10m+ and suddenly we are upwards of 800hrs or more GRINDING. And guess what, I HATE grinding. So I can spend 2-3hrs buying cars ONCE or spend upwards of 800hrs doing something I hate. How that doesn't make sense to you is insanity.

Your comparison also failed in it's example. You tried to compare the time needed to enjoy each car purchased vs spending 2-3hrs buying them. It doesn't work like that. You need to compare time needed to purchase cars grinding vs time needed to glitch them. Then take into account time lost by grinding which could have in turn been used to enjoy the game.

It's a fairly simple concept.

Then you clearly don't understand logic. It's a matter of short term vs long term thinking, and right now you are thinking short term.

I don't want every car. But it will take me 2-3hrs to buy every car that I want to own. There is a big difference between the number of cars I want vs owning every car in the game.

So actually it's 1 night (my free night) up front to save me hundreds of hours over the next few years. Math, how does it work?

I primarily only race in a league on Sunday nights and I spend maybe 3hrs testing/tuning/racing. So why is it important to own every car I like right away? Because now let's say next week the race is with a $1m+ car....... if I dont have the car I will need to spend hours grinding to afford it..... hours I don't have.

Also, let's get back to math. Let's assume their are only 400 cars I actually want, most of which are over $1m. I can spend 2-3hrs and get them all and enough funds to buy any car in the future. Now let's consider that it might take 20-30 minutes to make $1m. Assuming all 400 cars are $1m each, and ignoring the fact that this is not the case, you end up with 130-200hrs to afford the equivalent cars. With 3hrs per week that equates to grinding non stop for 66 weeks to buy the cars without having a chance to enjoy the cars. Now consider many of these cars are $10m+ and suddenly we are upwards of 800hrs or more GRINDING. And guess what, I HATE grinding. So I can spend 2-3hrs buying cars ONCE or spend upwards of 800hrs doing something I hate. How that doesn't make sense to you is insanity.

Your comparison also failed in it's example. You tried to compare the time needed to enjoy each car purchased vs spending 2-3hrs buying them. It doesn't work like that. You need to compare time needed to purchase cars grinding vs time needed to glitch them. Then take into account time lost by grinding which could have in turn been used to enjoy the game.

It's a fairly simple concept.

Sorry but your story doesn't add up. You got two ours sleep one night because you were buying cars and then you were going to go on another spending spree. You are obviously spending a lot more time than 2-3 hours glitching and are being very defensive about it. If that's how you want to spend your time go for it.

Sorry but your story doesn't add up. You got two ours sleep one night because you were buying cars and then you were going to go on another spending spree. You are obviously spending a lot more time than 2-3 hours glitching and are being very defensive about it. If that's how you want to spend your time go for it.

Why even take the time to come into a 20M "exploit" thread to preach your "anti-exploit" agenda? You sir, are clearly a TROLL!

Why even take the time to come into a 20M "exploit" thread to preach your "anti-exploit" agenda? You sir, are clearly a TROLL!

Where have I said anything antiglitch? I haven't. In fact, I ran through a cycle of the glitch and don't feel the slightest be guilty about it. Obviously many of you do or you wouldn't be so defensive about it.

Where have I said anything antiglitch? I haven't. In fact, I ran through a cycle of the glitch and don't feel the slightest be guilty about it. Obviously many of you do or you wouldn't be so defensive about it.

I'm defending the concept of logic in terms of time vs reward, something you don't understand. I'm in no way being defensive about using the glitch in terms of right vs wrong. I'm pointing out how it is the most efficient way, and best use of my time along with many others.

Again, you make assumptions.

First, I didn't start playing until around 1am last night, I stayed up till 3am buying cars and then watched tv till 4am. I then woke up at 6:30am. So yes my story does add up, the problem is you didn't have the details and jumped to a conclusion without said details. Poor logic all around with you. Also, I wasted almost a hour last night dealing with the hard drive confusion. So I only spent a little more than a hour last night and bought probably 1/3rd or more of the cars I want. So 2-3hrs for the cars I want is realistic.

And I want to spend my time having FUN racing online without having to grind. The most efficient way to do this is by glitching, to deny that FACT is ridiculous. And yes it is a FACT. Show me a faster and more efficient way to accrue the cars I want and I will paypal you $100 on the spot.

Last edited:
Back