2005 C6 Corvette

Messages
38
United States
Irving/Texas/U.
Will the new Corvette be in the game? I really like the new one's too me they look better than the old C5's. I don't think it is but I'm not sure. They should put at leats the two preproduction one in there.
 

Attachments

  • 9c7b9701a.jpg
    9c7b9701a.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 316
Probably, the Corvette is too popular for PD to leave it out.
 
The C6 Corvette is in no way guarenteed. Remember how long it took us just to get the C5?
 
You know, a normal GTPlanet veteran would say "use a search" or "why make a new thread about 'is this car going to be in GT4?" Anyhow, the C6 is not bad to me. I'm still a fan of the C5 and the more powerful ZO6 (of this era). I like them in red, but I'm kind of getting into a black Corvette. Maybe I'd want to race one in black, like Kazzer would (from "Sports Car Revolution," and Sony recording artist).

I would be curious as to what the next "C6-R" would look like. I hope it doesn't further kill the Corvette namesake like Chevy did the Cavalier, Impala, Cobalt, Silverado, Colorado, all them. If they kill the possible resurrection of the Camaro, I'm REALLY going to be ticked off.

Anyhow, the C6 is not bad. I wouldn't say it would be in the game, but there may be a chance it will be available as an unlockable car, like the RX-8 and 350Z in GT3. That's my prediction. By the way, B Hayes, nice to have someone else in Texas on GTP.
 
Using the search function wouldn't have turned up anything so he'd have posted anyway, that's why I didn't chastise him about it :p
 
Okay, so has anybody seen a picture of the 2005 Chevrolet Corvette yet? Also, has anybody seen any signs of the 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt? I'll never be rich enough to buy these cars in real life so I have to hope they're in this game and drive them. lol
 
I am still for the C5 when I saw it for the first time I fell in love with it (Not the kind where you want to marry it but the kind where you really really like it) you know what I mean...
 
Johnny
I hope the game has the new mustang too
It already does. :) 👍
 
The New '05 Mustang was on the car list at the Tokyo Games Show.

I would like to see the '05 Corvette, along with the newer Z06 (405HP, 2002-2004). The ingame one is the 2001 version with 385HP. A newer C5R would be nice too.

Here's my baby, 2002 Corvette Z06, Millenium Yellow:
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0082.jpg
    DSC_0082.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 59
I would bet my copy of GT4 that the new C6 will be in the game.
 
It's very likely to be in there. As someone mentioned, the 350Z and RX8 were in GT3, and they weren't even out yet at the time. If the new `stang is in, the new `vette damn well better be.
 
The RX-8 and 350Z were out in concept form at the time.
 
Here's a couple of shots of the 2005 C6 - very nice looking ride.

If I remember right I got these from the Corvette site - sometime earlier this year. They have new ones up there now - Corvette Site

It's always better topless :sly:
 

Attachments

  • corvette-c6-1.jpg
    corvette-c6-1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 32
  • corvette-c6-2.jpg
    corvette-c6-2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 39
I sure hope they don't include the concept version of it or the new Mustang.

That C6 will be a blast.
 
There is no concept version of the Corvette...

And the Mustang is already confirmed in the game.
 
Considering the 05 Mustang is in the game, and the fact that they pushed it back to 05, I would think the C6 is in the game. You'll probably see it as a secret car to get in the American Stars and Stripes races or whatever they call it now in GT4.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I really dont think the C6 Corvette is going to make it in. The reason for that is because I dont think Chevrolet is going to let Polyphony Digital get their hands on it so soon after it was first announced or at its debut. I think that the C6 is too "new" to get turned into a virtual object in Polyphony Digital's masterpiece! :O
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I really dont think the C6 Corvette is going to make it in. The reason for that is because I dont think Chevrolet is going to let Polyphony Digital get their hands on it so soon after it was first announced or at its debut. I think that the C6 is too "new" to get turned into a virtual object in Polyphony Digital's masterpiece! :O
The '05 Mustang got in. So why not the '05 corvette?
 
hey GT is a great way to publicize your products and get people to like your cars....however, Angel is right, Chevy might not want to have their car in so soon after its debut....i think they want people's mouths to salivate a while longer before they let the car loose...and remember that every company sets rules for the use of their cars....so Ford might have wanted to publicize their car thru GT but Chevy might think differently. We shall see...
 
Event Horizon
The '05 Mustang got in. So why not the '05 corvette?

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I just dont really KNOW how to explain it any better than what I said before. I'll try again! I did not know anything about the C6 Corvette until September... :odd: I then learned more about it from watching SPEED channel that gave a history from the earliest Corvette to the C6 in its debut at this show. For the Mustang, I felt like I have already heard about it before I heard the C6 Corvette. So I guess I should take that other thread back.... :yuck: But there is still something that makes me feel that the C6 Corvette STILL wont make it in because it just seem too "NEW" and "just came out" to be included.
 
The C6 actually came out before the '05 Mustang.
 
I hope that the C6 will make it in but history does not look too promising for its appearance. If memory serves The C5 was out before Gt and GT2 were out. if that trend contiunes it may not make it.
 
There should be no reason for it not too. It's not to new that's for sure.

Look at the other competitor who already got it.

I just hope they have a Z8. :indiff:
 
The right hand picture I uploaded is dated on my computer from March 29th 2004! The removable hardtop has been a functioning car for awhile. It would definitely would have been available for being digitized. There were many articles in the automotive press (at least in the US) about the 2005.

I'm looking at the cover of the February 2004 issue of Car and Driver - it has both the 2005 Corvette and Mustang on the cover - in red of course - the title is "Reborn in the USA!" There is a 4 page preview of each car. Remember many monthly magazines have a 5 to 6 week lead time until they go on sale.

The Corvette C6 convertible wasn't ready until a month or so ago to purcahse. The racing version of the hardtop will be available sometime in 2005. I can't wait to see how Pratt and Miller make a winning car out of the 2005 Corvette C6.

It's always better topless :sly:
 
Ahem, but what about the 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt? I think it's more of a racer than the Taurus.
 
Two entirely different classes of cars. The Taurus is a much larger car. It is not really raced - only by using the name and almost nothing of the body in NASCAR. The hot car of the two will be the supercharged Cobalt Coupe. It looks like it might be a good little racer - I'm not much into small coupes like that - I'm a roadster kind a guy - me and my Miata just love curvy roads.

It's always better topless :sly:
 
Well guys and gals, don't forget. GTs 1 and 2 didn't have the latest model Corvette until GT3. I wouldn't know if this one will have the Corvette C6. I don't know who'd want it if you're looking for a sexy ride. But since Americans care more about HP than looks, it's a win-win deal. Will we see it? There's probably a 60% chance based on prediction because I've recently seen the C6 in a parking lot a month ago. So who knows? We may even see the C6R as a concept racer. Because if the Viper had one in GT3, it wouldn't be a no-brainer to see it again as a concept.

Oh, and I heard the next ZO6 will pack about 500 hp. So we may see that in GT5, maybe even an LM Race Car out of it. I still want my 1950s and 1960s Corvettes, though.
 
Back