2005 C6 Corvette

John, do you know that Viper Concept is being redone? I love that thing, and can't wait to see it. Sadly, I was told its expected 2010. :nervous: :guilty:
 
The '05 C6 will be in with most other makes '05 models......trust me.
 
Even though US cars aren't really my thing, they do feature GM's new Gen4 6.0L V8 which is suppose to be a real hum dinger. And 'vettes are pretty sexy, so i hope it features!!
 
you guys are all forgetting that the reason that the C5 vette was not in the GT series earlier was due to EA's exclusive rights to it, they could finally put it in the game because a special edition, ie z06, and C5-r came out that EA did not hav ean exclusive lisence too, so PD was able to jump an that and get it into the game. I really hope that the C6 does make it. It was probably not caught being tested because when they tested it the car was probably still under wraps to most of the public, and don't forge that GM has there own new proving grounds (a massive track that is awsome, we need that in the game) where pd could do all the testing they needed on any gm car
 
Ever thought about the new M5. It was in Prologue, when
no car magazine had the chance to lay a hand on it, since
it will be released in a few weeks. But Prologue is half a year
"old" now.

So why shouldn´t be the C6 in? It is one of the best product
placements a manufacturer could get.
 
To be honest, I don't really like the rear end of the Viper Concept Race Car. I kind of liked the clean, yet aggressive lines of the Viper Convertible when it came out recently. Kind of wished the rear would stay like that or something similar, but it's a nice ride. But what is its biggest number? 500 ponies. 'Nuff said.

If what I've seen is true, I'd like to race that Callaway C12. I kind of still like the C5 model more than the C6. Sure, it won't have that LS2 in it, but I'll take it. Sometimes you kind of have to find a car you know you can live with in GT4. Like I'm not really big on the Lancia Delta, but one thing had me convinced- BEAUTIFUL handling. I'm not real big on the shorter C6 Corvette, but I think style-wise, it could have been better.
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I really dont think the C6 Corvette is going to make it in. The reason for that is because I dont think Chevrolet is going to let Polyphony Digital get their hands on it so soon after it was first announced or at its debut. I think that the C6 is too "new" to get turned into a virtual object in Polyphony Digital's masterpiece! :O

Hiya! :P burp! :-)=8

the C6 is already in dealershow rooms as well on the streets!
 
JohnBM01
To be honest, I don't really like the rear end of the Viper Concept Race Car. I kind of liked the clean, yet aggressive lines of the Viper Convertible when it came out recently. Kind of wished the rear would stay like that or something similar, but it's a nice ride. But what is its biggest number? 500 ponies. 'Nuff said.

If what I've seen is true, I'd like to race that Callaway C12. I kind of still like the C5 model more than the C6. Sure, it won't have that LS2 in it, but I'll take it. Sometimes you kind of have to find a car you know you can live with in GT4. Like I'm not really big on the Lancia Delta, but one thing had me convinced- BEAUTIFUL handling. I'm not real big on the shorter C6 Corvette, but I think style-wise, it could have been better.

Yeah, that's pretty much the biggest change. I hope they don't make it ugly.
It's meaner than it looks when you're up-close in person. So glad I went to the Dodge Dealer that day.
FYI, I missed seeing it at the Dallas Auto Show, but I found out the closet Dodge dealer (about 4 blocks away) was holding it for 2 more days. Best yet! I was there 20 minutes before they were getting ready to take it away.That was the best day of my car life yet. Or maybe the SLR time. There's just too many things I consider myself lucky on when it comes to cars.

The C12 Callaway would be awesome. Its not a car I would buy before many others, but I would still take it never the less.Hopefully, they don't do a C12 based on the C6. I love it the way it is. Hopefully they'll include some other awesome Callaway cars.
Like the C7.
c72.jpg
 
There isn't going to be much performance difference (probably none in the game) between the current Z06 and the 05 C6 anyway, so all you'd be getting is a different skin.
 
TheGTSeriesRulz
Ahem, but what about the 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt? I think it's more of a racer than the Taurus.

Thats taurus SHO to you, sir.
 
Lethalchem
There isn't going to be much performance difference (probably none in the game) between the current Z06 and the 05 C6 anyway, so all you'd be getting is a different skin.

?

the new one is supposedly much better in the curves (more stable due to it's new suspension and stiffened chassis), as well as a better car for stopping (better, more consistent brakes).

It also uses a bigger engine with roughly the same output as the Z06 (more torque, smoother delivery).

So as a base for tuning, I'd say it has much more potential than the C5.

It also looks nicer.
 
kinigitt
?

the new one is supposedly much better in the curves (more stable due to it's new suspension and stiffened chassis), as well as a better car for stopping (better, more consistent brakes).

It also uses a bigger engine with roughly the same output as the Z06 (more torque, smoother delivery).

So as a base for tuning, I'd say it has much more potential than the C5.

It also looks nicer.

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I wonder after reading your post Kinigitt, if the C6 is to outperform its other C5 brother... do you think the C6 will be able to outsell the C5? The way I see it, the C5 can be seen everyday when your drive the streets. Many people may not buy the C6 because they already have a "corvette" and will just say the C5 is already good enough. I am sure hardcore Corvette fans would buy the C6, but how about you and everyone else? :odd: :O
 
why would you buy a C6 anyway??? the door handles on the inside have been replaced by buttons!!!!! how complicated! and as Angel said, why get a new corvette when u got one thats almost as good....and still worth a lot.
 
Izanagi
why would you buy a C6 anyway??? the door handles on the inside have been replaced by buttons!!!!! how complicated!

How complicated is it to stick your hand in the slot and pull the door open?
 
apparently harder then it looks. Hope the batteries don't die :scared:
 
kinigitt
?

the new one is supposedly much better in the curves (more stable due to it's new suspension and stiffened chassis), as well as a better car for stopping (better, more consistent brakes).

It also uses a bigger engine with roughly the same output as the Z06 (more torque, smoother delivery).

So as a base for tuning, I'd say it has much more potential than the C5.

That remains to be seen. The weight is similar, and the dyno's that have come out so far shows the power to be the same as the current Z06 (346rwhp/349tq). I'd be surprised if we saw a real difference in track times IN THE GAME.

kinigitt
It also looks nicer.

That's a matter of opinion. Many people (Vette owners included) would disagree with you. It is being made fun of for stealing styling cues from cars such as the Viper, Modena, Acura NSX, among others. Normal stuff for any car that unviels a new look.
 
your looking at the peak power though, look at the entire curve, the new vette has an improvement, although the current Z06 is basically even (can't wait for the new z06 though)
 
Miss McLaren, you originally asked Kinigitt about the Corvette C6. Let me give you MY opinion, Lady McLaren.

I made a thread in the Cars in General forum called "The Corvette C6: Continuation of a Legend or Disappointment of a Legend?" A lot of my gripes have been its looks. And mostly, GM is one of the worst at it right now (especially Saturn). Forget Chris Bangle, look at the newest Malibu, the newest Cavalier, and all that. Only exception would be the SSR which will be in GT4. But the C6 would have been better if it were a little longer at the back. The front, while aggressive, seems a bit dopey and almost reminds me of the nice Camaros of 1994 on out. The hood is nice, the body is nice, the lights and front bumper could look better. And all me crazy, but imagine if the front was styled as sweetly as the front of the Jaguar XKR.

That Callaway C12 is so sexy and sweet. The next model would have to be as hot and as aerodynamic as the C12. Can't wait to see what that would be like (except if there is one out now, or at least a prototype).
 
One strange thing about the C6 after sitting in it is getting out.

There is no handle. But a button you must push. And sometimes, the car locks itself trapping you inside the car if you don't have the key. Sometimes, you can get lucky and get out.
 
So McLaren F1GTR, fill in the blank based on your overall views of the car:

The Corvette C6 _____.
(A) is very cool
(B) is very cool, but could have been better engineered
(C) isn't as good as the C5
(D) is a disappointment from GM
(E) not sure/unlisted
 
Lethalchem
That remains to be seen. The weight is similar, and the dyno's that have come out so far shows the power to be the same as the current Z06 (346rwhp/349tq). I'd be surprised if we saw a real difference in track times IN THE GAME.



That's a matter of opinion. Many people (Vette owners included) would disagree with you. It is being made fun of for stealing styling cues from cars such as the Viper, Modena, Acura NSX, among others. Normal stuff for any car that unviels a new look.

okay, looks aside, the C6 is an improvement over the C5. end of discussion. I personally think it looks a lot tighter and it's a relief to finally be rid of the old pop up lights.

The base model can hang with the Z06 which is quite an improvement. It has a brand new motor with even more displacement, a thoroughly revised suspension, and a whole new chassis. The engineers at Chevy (well, at least the corvette team, I can't speak for the rest) have not been sitting idly.
 
I just saw my first one on my drive home from work. It was sitting in a parking lot right at the edge of the road, and it looked soooo good. It definately shines more in person than in a picture or in PGR2 (downloadable car). I think I like it a lot better than the C5, it just has a much tighter appearance.
 
C6R
I wonder how good it will be this year at le mans. Will it be better than the C5R? From the test shots of it, it looks pretty good. Same as the new Maserati and Austin Martins!
Just have to wait till Sebring
 
I would say A John.

After actually sitting in it seeing what its like, its not bad. Not something I could afford 17 though. :dopey:

But its quite nice. I like alot of things in that car. The dash is actually set-up quite nicer than the old C5. Although I still love the Corvette GS.
 
McLaren F1GTR
I would say A John.

After actually sitting in it seeing what its like, its not bad. Not something I could afford 17 though. :dopey:

But its quite nice. I like alot of things in that car. The dash is actually set-up quite nicer than the old C5. Although I still love the Corvette GS.

the gran sport was cool, as was the ZR-1.

I actually find the interior much nicer on the C6 than the old C5 (which had a pretty tacky interior). This one is actually respectable and compares well to other supercars.
 
Yeah, the C6 interior seems more like a Joy Ride type.

The ZR-1 and GS are 2 Corvettes I adore.
 
Back