2006 Civic Concept

  • Thread starter Thread starter RobcioPL
  • 20 comments
  • 980 views
What do you guys think? I think they made another ugly ass minivan. But then again, i dont like hondah's.
 
May a mod please move this to the Auto News section?
 
I already thought the current Civic hatch was an overgrown, bloated, monstrosity. It's taller and almost as long as my 240SX. This is just taking it farther.
 
they need to revert to a modernized eg and/or ek
 
Oh, you know the aftermarket is going to be SOOOOO good to this car. Before you state anything, this is a concept. Who knows? From an ugly concept, it can be beautiful. Think of a concept car like a video game. It looks like it kind of adopted the styling of its parent company, Acura with the front. I think the design looks more... well, European. If European means better, then it shouldn't be too bad. I'm sure it won't be like what Alfa Romeo could do for Subaru's styling.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this car's styling shouldn't be extremely bad. I don't think it's a nasty machine. I don't think the Civic was designed to look extremely aggressive. It usually looks more... well, civic. You know, livable and trendy. I believe it still maintains these qualities even with this concept. The key word here is concept.
 
I think what Honda should do is just make it a new model in their lineup. Just slap a different name on it and ill love it because the design is already very attractive.....but not if its suppose to be a Civic.
 
It still looks like a Civic though... I mean even with the other influences if you saw it on the street not knowing what it was you would think Civic... at least I think so...
 
Honda is bringing over the real new Civic, the Fit/Jazz. That car is much closer to what the Civic started out as than the current bloated monster is.
 
Jazz lookz wierd..Well, I think it does. I think it looks too long for a civic..I like Honda But they screwed up the lookz in that pic :(
 
That is just nasty. Bring back the lines of the EK.
 
It looks too much like the 2004 Odyssey. Honda should have stuck with the older version's styling and gone from there ... looks like someone Bangle'd it... :D
 
I agree, the EKs were hot. Yellow with a CF hood, *drool*.

And I'm a die-hard RWD Nissan addict.
 
Takumi Fujiwara
I agree, the EKs were hot. Yellow with a CF hood, *drool*.

And I'm a die-hard RWD Nissan addict.
Hehehe, same here
 
How do you think the aftermarket Honda/Acura tuners will feel about this machine? Is it going to be a hit among this crowd, or will they shy away from it like a beautiful lady made ugly?
 
Its hideous...

Its growing too large and just... Honda is taking the new future design schemes companies are adopting and making it too busy feeling.

But the tuner group doesn't care, as they are still gonna be working with the EP for a while, til some used new gens hit the market.
 
What you guys/gals have to remember is, that almost every car has a cult following. Some people are just completely Honda to the core and won't accept this to be a distasteful version. I say, as long as the market attracts buyers, I can't really argue it. Pontiac did hit a snag with a produced concept of theirs....Aztek. So, it might happen here too. Who knows, maybe Spoon or Mugen will knock out a wicked fast version that will look nice to many.
 
Well I think it is ok, not brilliant but ok, I guess the Type R with some spoilers etc will look good....
 
Back