2008 24 Hours of Le Mans

• Thread starter The359
  • 487 comments
Watching the Eurosport coverage at the Moment
Yes, Eurosport international will have live coverage until the evening (or even until the end of the race!!!) :D But yeah, kinda missed the whole night stint and its pretty boring now. Well even after a few problems early on for Peugeot, they have now been on the pace and have been outpacing the Audi for a while. But yeah, was really surprised at how fast the Dome was compared to the Oreca, until that problem. :ouch:

Well Audi has taken the lead. Can Peugeot regain the lead? To be honest I'm not sure I think right now Audi has the advantage. Hopefully this battle can continue to the end.

As Fred said, the Peugeots are pitting way too much. Every 10 minutes, I swear I see a Peugeot back in. They're not going to win pitting all the time.

As Fred said, the Peugeots are pitting way too much. Every 10 minutes, I swear I see a Peugeot back in. They're not going to win pitting all the time.

Im saying if they need this Nitrogen treatment again, the card will play in Audi's favor, + the #3 Audi and the #9 Peugeot are dicing now so the Audi's are faster.

#009 still leading followed by Corvette #63. The next 2 cars in the GT2 class is the same. Aston 3rd, Corvette 4th.

All the Audis are lapping faster than the Peugeots now. Rockenfeller overtook Zonta, he is now 3rd, and Kristensen is closing fast on Villeneuve.

Well guys, it looks like once again Audi is showing us outright speed doesn't win the race. Toyota were the fastest in 99, but had to settle for 2nd overall, Pescarolo was fastest in 05 and they didn't win, now we are possibly seeing the same with Peugeot. Also, the Spykers look like they will finish the race, which makes me very happy.

All the Audis are lapping faster than the Peugeots now. Rockenfeller overtook Zonta, he is now 3rd, and Kristensen is closing fast on Villeneuve.

I'm guessing the Peugeots are just running into heavy traffic. #7 just ran back down to a 4:04.

Capello just responded with a 4:01, and Joest at a 4:04.

My Goodness, now he's cut it down to 6 seconds. I'm starting to think we are not seeing a human in that #2 car. Motominded, that TDI just kicked in yo:D

Jesus, he's flying. Kristensen is definitely going to go down even more as 1 of LeMans greatest drivers at this rate.

My Goodness, now he's cut it down to 6 seconds. I'm starting to think we are not seeing a human in that #2 car. Motominded, that TDI just kicked in yo:D

JV seems to be struggling, I fear the car itself might have a problem.

Jesus, he's flying. Kristensen is definitely going to go down even more as 1 of LeMans greatest drivers at this rate.
Amen to that. Thats damn near inhuman.

Rocket Punch
JV seems to be struggling, I fear the car itself might have a problem.

IF thats the case, then Tom is wasting no time taking advantage.

Did Kristensen just leave the pits before the #7?
According to the classification, he's still second so apparently not. However, he's now cut it down to 2 seconds. He's not human I tells you!

Speed talked about how the Peugeot's set-up might be a bit towards stiff for dry condition. If you look at the laps times of the Audi, TK is not specifically faster. I think it is more due to the 908 slowed a bit due to the track condition and their set-up.

Kristensen is leading. Quicker pitstop (I don't think he changed tyres) and no driver change.

Seeing as all Audis became suddenly faster than all the Peugeots, I think maybe the Peugeot setups, excellent in dry conditions, maybe are a lot worse under the wet.

EDIT: Tree'd

Tom's leading once more. The man is like a racing cyborg.

BTW, are both Spykers still running? The official time sheet lists a Snoras Spyker Squadron Team as out of the race.

Tom's leading once more. The man is like a racing cyborg.

BTW, are both Spykers still running? The official time sheet lists a Snoras Spyker Squadron Team as out of the race.
Nope. Speedy Racing team is also out so no spykers are left:indiff:

question to the titans....

whos watched every part since pre race ceramonies till this very second?

And who will go to the checker flag?

I've been watching it on SPEED since start and following the timing and news on Le Mans site. The few hours when they are not broadcasting, I am watching it on the net.

Going all the way to the flag! :sly:

Need to get those results in for my blog so I can get a jump on the other press...LOL

Back