2008 24 Hours of Le Mans

• Thread starter The359
  • 487 comments
It has to be said the Porsches are putting up a good show in the LMP2 class, as well. Verstappen deserves it I think!

The Corvettes seem to be closing in on Aston, I'd say between these two its going to be a fight to the finish.

Le Mans is still on Eurosport 2. Eurosport have the whole race live but it alternates between Eurosport and Eurosport 2.
The thing is, I don't have Eurosport 2. But yeah, was fortunate enough to get a good coverage of the race (almost 20 hours worth! :D) and at least it gives me time to be back on my PC again...... :)

Still up, watching the race in excitement. Nearing that 24 hour mark. I'm gonna go to sleep when the race is done because im pretty tired.
Same here. Aren't you in Texas as well?

Anyways, Risi needs to be careful as one of the LAA Corvettes is coming back through the GT2 field to try and finish behind his team mate.
EDIT* The Quifel ASM LMP is coming as well. Looks like we won't have a GT2 car in the Top 20.

#8 908 accident, but its on its way now.

At this point of the race where everyone is pushing for the flag. SC is not impossible.

I think if the #8 keeps this up, the last R10 is going to pass it as it's not far behind.
Commentator says he's feeling rain down in the pits as well.

TK, don't blow it!

KT should take it easy. It is one thing fighting for position, but getting clip by back markers cause you try to dive bomb them in corners won't win you any races.

He lost 14s because of that.......

Same here. Aren't you in Texas as well?

Anyways, Risi needs to be careful as one of the LAA Corvettes is coming back through the GT2 field to try and finish behind his team mate.
EDIT* The Quifel ASM LMP is coming as well. Looks like we won't have a GT2 car in the Top 20.

I'm from Calgary, alberta. :)

I don't think it'll be good for anybody!
True, but as we've seen before, the rain is not kind to the Peugeots.

Edit*As I thought, the rain is not being kind to the Peugeots. #7 is already showing some signs of struggling through the Porsche Curves.

True, but as we've seen before, the rain is not kind to the Peugeots.

Edit*As I thought, the rain is not being kind to the Peugeots. #7 is already showing some signs of struggling through the Porsche Curves.

#7 is on slicks....LOL

After waking up and watching the live timing, Audi is leading...how?
The rain slowed the Peugeots down, as well as their constant pitting.

And guess what. The slicks have backfired on the #7. It's already spun.

This is getting pretty interesting, I really hope Audi can pull it out. I've been a fan of them ever since I started watching Le Mans when I was younger. Also isn't this the last year for the factory sponsored R10?

I can't understand how you can root for the same car, 8 years long...

Audi will win this one though, a 2'30 gap with only 35 minutes is impossible to close, unless Tom has a problem...

Bah, Audi needs a loss, it's about time someone else stands on the highest podium stance...

I don't know, people root for the same sport team for years, I don't see how this is any different.

Peugeot just when from slick to full wets. This is a desperate move for them as they know they won't be able to catch the R10's and just put full wets on in case it rain.

So they conceded defeat before the race is finished......

Peugeot just when from slick to full wets. This is a desperate move for them as they know they won't be able to catch the R10's and just put full wets on in case it rain.

So they conceded defeat before the race is finished......

I think the commentators just said Min. has a deflated tire as well.

I can't understand how you can root for the same car, 8 years long...

Audi will win this one though, a 2'30 gap with only 35 minutes is impossible to close, unless Tom has a problem...

Bah, Audi needs a loss, it's about time someone else stands on the highest podium stance...
Agreed. I hate Audi with a passion for ruining the sport in terms of competitiveness. I hate how on Speed they were talking about how bad Tom K wants this one. Yah right, come on, you've already won 7, what are you complaining about? Go home.. /shakes fist in anger to Audi.

I just wish Audi would fail to win and see the look of failure on their faces.

How is it Audi's fault that they've "ruined" the competitiveness and where exactly is it ruined? This race has been full of competition, and the American Le Mans Series has constantly seen Penske putting pressure on Audi throughout the season.
If anything, there is more than enough competitiveness, and Audi is not to blame for everyone else not stepping up their game until these past 2 years.

And with that, Audi takes the win.

It was pretty competitive this year. And how can you fault Audi for being good and knowing what they are doing?

Well, congrats to Audi :cheers:

But you have got to give credit to Peugeot for putting up such a battle with Audi, too bad they weren't as challenging in the wet. And the crew has to think why in the world they were putting on wets when the rack was drying on...

Van Merkenstijn team, what a finish! Cheers to all of them drivers in that team as well :cheers:

Well done Audi, they weren't the fastest car out on the track and proved consistency is better than out right speed. Also well done Aston Martin for beating the Corvettes again. :)

Great race.

Latest Posts

Back