• 493 comments

PeterJB

Compulsive Handwasher
Premium
United Kingdom
Corsham
lipming
250px-Circuit_Spa_2007.png

After the boredom of the European GP, Spa shouldn't dissapoint.

Lewis Hamilton goes into the Belgian GP with a slightly reduced lead over Felipe Massa of 6 points, and the odds point towards that lead being reduced further. Ferrari will be hoping for good results and no engine failures during a race for the first time in 5 weeks.

BMW Sauber will be hoping to get both their drivers in the points for the first time since Germany. Sebastian Vettel and Adrian Sutil should be looking for good results if it rains as usual there. And Renault and Red Bull will be hoping to bounce back from poor results in Valencia and hope for points. But who knows what Spa has to hold for us this year? Bring it on!

Last edited:
Yeah Valencia, although new and pretty was really boring! I was expecting something like Macau and sadly it wasnt...

Robin

Yeah Valencia, although new and pretty was really boring! I was expecting something like Macau and sadly it wasnt...

Robin

I think everyone had high expectations for Valencia, it had looked promising with the other race formulas. A shame that it will be kept on the calendar for so long, hopefully it will improve.

At least Spa usually has something interesting going on 👍

As much as I love Spa, I won't be ble to watch it. It's Parents' Weekend at my College and I hav a interview for a position next year on the Monday.
I think everyone had high expectations for Valencia, it had looked promising with the other race formulas. A shame that it will be kept on the calendar for so long, hopefully it will improve.
I think it will; one race is hardly enough to go by. It's already proven that stret circuit aren't all processional becuse they're low and narrow. Give it time.

Peter, you stated that Spa shouldn't fail to disappoint, was this intentional? :lol:

I hope it stays dry this weekend as I desperately want Massa to win the championship, and he's not exactly Senna in the rain.

I hope it stays dry this weekend as I desperately want Massa to win the championship, and he's not exactly Senna in the rain.
Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Its just isn't right! I know we all would love to see Massa to win the championship but its very unlikely because...... *insert poor excuse here* Anyways, I think Hamilton really deserved it this year after all that fiasco happening last year. He has improved a lot more this year after Alonso went to Renault, and Heikki did his job as a 2nd driver supporting Hamilton. 👍

Well as for Spa, yes lets hope it does rain. Would make Massa look like poo like he was in Silverstone.... :lol:👍

Peter, you stated that Spa shouldn't fail to disappoint, was this intentional? :lol:

No it's not! :dunce: :). And I completely think the opposite!

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Its just isn't right! I know we all would love to see Massa to win the championship but its very unlikely because...... *insert poor excuse here* Anyways, I think Hamilton really deserved it this year after all that fiasco happening last year. He has improved a lot more this year after Alonso went to Renault, and Heikki did his job as a 2nd driver supporting Hamilton. 👍

Well as for Spa, yes lets hope it does rain. Would make Massa look like poo like he was in Silverstone.... :lol:👍

and it would continue the dilemma Ferrari has of which driver to support. The seemingly uninterested (and lacking points) Raikkonen or the unreliable Massa. They also need to stop returning to their old form of unreliable engines too.

But then again, its providing most of the drama right now, so continue these problems, Ferrari! Its better to see such a more even field than Ferrari or McLaren dominating.
Rain gives a chance for Honda, Williams, Toyota, Heidfeld and Vettel to do some good, so Im all for a rainy race.

What are the odds that Massa's engine takes an early retirement this weekend? Too good for my liking. Massa needs help this weekend, some help I don't think he will get.

Why is he going to take an early retirement? Ok it's the engine's second race but I'm sure he'll manage.

All 👍 up for Toyota!

Agreed :D Rather Trulli get the result than Glock though. BTW, what was all that talk on the ITV website, they might scrap Spa & Monza because of escalting speeds? Rather keep them than have a calendar with fieldspread tracks such as Valencia. Plus they are tracks which have a lot of heritage in motorsports, which of course you all know.

Bernie Ecclestone would rather have every race at donnington and sex scandal related colleagues.

Can't theymake changes to slow the speeds at those tracks if that is such a big concern?

Why is he going to take an early retirement? Ok it's the engine's second race but I'm sure he'll manage.
I'm not surprised if Massa's engine will blow up during the race and have Kimi scoring some good points in the race as Ferrari had 2 engine failures back to back. But all of these will give Hamilton a sigh of relief in the championship standings, which is good for the fans..... 👍

Bernie Ecclestone Max Mosley would rather have every race at donnington and sex scandal related colleagues.
Bernie only cares about the money...... :sly:

kjb
Can't theymake changes to slow the speeds at those tracks if that is such a big concern?

But then the circuits lose some of their character and soon they are historic by name only.

Spa-Francorchamps is one of the world's greatest and most rewarding race tracks to race on. Whether it's in GTR, ToCA Race Driver 3, or in whatever game, it is a track full of surprises and will test you infinitely. The incident at Eau Rouge in 1998 is perhaps the most infamous incident in F1 history there. I know it for FIA GT's 24 Hour race around there and even the 24 Heures de Liege race where four-wheel speed demons give way to two-wheel speed demons. You can go pretty fast around these parts, but you'd better be ready to tackle those corners. Eau Rouge is a personal favorite corner of mine of all F1 tracks. This is no track to just lay back and relax.

The one issue I have with some people is that while I think this is an exceptional race track, some say it isn't as great of a track as in the past. That usually means a track much longer than its 4+ mile configuration of today. You still have to admit this track is amazing. It's a track made for some of the fastest circuit race cars that's very rewarding to race on. If you win here, you've done all you can do to establish yourself on one of the world's most challenging courses.

Here are my two picks: either Hamilton or Maasa.

kjb
The Walloons don't have the money to change the track, again. Don't forget about the financial problems they had a couple of years ago.

I'm not surprised if Massa's engine will blow up during the race and have Kimi scoring some good points in the race as Ferrari had 2 engine failures back to back.

Ferrari know why the engines blew; I believe it was 2 conrods from the same faulty batch. I doubt they'ed use the same batch again now they know they aren't right.

But all of these will give Hamilton a sigh of relief in the championship standings, which is good for the Hamilton[/I] fans..... 👍

Fixed.

I was playing Race Driver Grid the other day, and the bus stop chicane (i think) has been completely changed. Please don't tell me that this is the same as the actual track.

I was playing Race Driver Grid the other day, and the bus stop chicane (i think) has been completely changed. Please don't tell me that this is the same as the actual track.

I've not played Grid. Does the Bus Stop go right and then left in it? - if yes, then yes it is the actual track now and even more mickey mouse than the previous right-left Bus Stop which was awful in the first place. :indiff:

Roo
Ferrari know why the engines blew; I believe it was 2 conrods from the same faulty batch. I doubt they'ed use the same batch again now they know they aren't right.
My hope is that they dealt with it before Valencia. They didnt take a grid drop with Raikkonen for Valencia, so maybe they didn't consider it that bad at the time. They can't change anything on massa's engine now. I'm a bit of a pessismist, but I hope things turn out for the better.

Now it's better.

No it isn't! This spells more doom!
"Hamilton was so like Senna in that pass!"
"Wow, we've just seen a race up there with the likes of Donington 1993!"
Brundle: "It looks as if Vettel is o..(Allen interrupting yet again):"Hamilton just set a new fastest lap!!"

And so on and so forth. Please don't make the same mistake as ITV did, BBC....please!

Roo
Oh I see, well then lets hope Massa would crash out or something. But really, 2 engine failures back to back is bad for them. Who knows what might happen at the end of the season...... :ill: So is changing the conrods gonna penalized the team, or are they gonna change it on Kimi's car only?

Roo
Now it's better.
:lol:👍
Too bad you guys have to put up with James Allen. I think we still had the best commentator for F1. :D

I don't care, I just want Murray Walker back. He might not have been to bright, but with the right person playing the role of comedic foil, he was brilliant.

I don't care, I just want Murray Walker back. He might not have been to bright, but with the right person playing the role of comedic foil, he was brilliant.

I would be happy having a second ex-driver as the other commentator, such as Jonathon Palmer or Damon Hill but I think it requires someone who can commentate in an amusing way. Many might find a commentary team of Brundle and Hill a little bit dull.
We can't depend on Murray forever....someone will have to replace him eventually.
Off topic though...

Back