2008 Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter PeterJB
  • 493 comments
So is changing the conrods gonna penalized the team, or are they gonna change it on Kimi's car only?
I don't think they're changing it. The engine Massa used at Valencia and will use again this weekend is from a different batch than the ones that blew up.

I think Massa will close the gap on Hamilton some more at Spa, hopefully even pass him. :)

Oh I see, well then lets hope Massa would crash out or something. But really, 2 engine failures back to back is bad for them. Who knows what might happen at the end of the season...... :ill: So is changing the conrods gonna penalized the team, or are they gonna change it on Kimi's car only?

:lol:👍
Too bad you guys have to put up with James Allen. I think we still had the best commentator for F1. :D

I didn't know they spoke English in Malaysia. :)

I don't think they're changing it. The engine Massa used at Valencia and will use again this weekend is from a different batch than the ones that blew up.

I think Massa will close the gap on Hamilton some more at Spa, hopefully even pass him. :)
Oh I see, so it should be just Kimi then who needs the new conrods. 👍

I didn't know they spoke English in Malaysia. :)
Well..... the commentators are British and Star Sports is an Asian coverage channel and they have it in Chinese and once in Tamil as well. :P I couldn't stand the local TV coverage, cause either they have the Malay broadcasters talking on it (which is quite boring) or have some other British commentator talking all gibberish.... (no seriously, I can't understand what they are trying to point out :lol:)

^Speaking of Conrods!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnsRSAcm8Vg
But Murray is God.

Anthony Davidson has been doing the BBC Radio Commentary so maybe he's in line to be a commentator next year.

I hope they aren't replacing Brundle with him. Out of all the ex-driver commentators, my favourites are Palmer and Brundle. Hill would be good if he took the time to learn the cars and drivers. Didn't Davidson commentate last year on one race or something?
Well, whatever, as long as the BBC don't hire James Allen, I'll be happy.

Edit: It was the 2006 Hungarian Grand Prix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NBSeNESToo

Last edited:
First free practice:

imagemrx1.jpg

Another strong weekend for STR on the cards? This Honda car needs putting out of its misery.

Holy ****, what's happening?

Alonso 5th,
Webber 6th,
Bourdais 7th,
Vettel 8th...

A very big "WHAT THE ****?"

Hmm, at Valencia, it was in Friday session 2 that Button jumped to 3rd place. I wouldn't take too much from that first session. We'll see anyway.
Its forecast rain for this whole Grand Prix weeked, so Honda will probably be banking on that.

Holy ****, what's happening?

Alonso 5th,
Webber 6th,
Bourdais 7th,
Vettel 8th...

A very big "WHAT THE ****?"

Its called Friday practice, results here don't mean much. They are still tweaking their car setups, so its to be expected that some will get it slightly wrong and others will not.

Hmm, at Valencia, it was in Friday session 2 that Button jumped to 3rd place. I wouldn't take too much from that first session.

And then it was Saturday qualifying where he… oh, my bad.

And then it was Saturday qualifying where he… oh, my bad.

Heehee, though Honda themselves were surprised they didn't do well there, but thats practice for you, some teams hold their cards close before qualifying.

Edit: Woah, Kimi just lost it completely just after Rivage, lost his spoiler and all in the barrier, interesting.
Edit2: And now Fisichella too!
Session red flagged, the part of the barrier where Kimi went backwards into has water running from it onto the track, which probably caused Fisi's spin.
Edit3: Session restarted, and now Piquet has spun and hit the barrier backwards at the same place as Kimi, not as much damage done to his car this time though.

Last edited:
Its called Friday practice, results here don't mean much. They are still tweaking their car setups, so its to be expected that some will get it slightly wrong and others will not.

Just like how they were so innacurate at Valencia...

Edit: Woah, Kimi just lost it completely just after Rivage, lost his spoiler and all in the barrier, interesting.
Edit2: And now Fisichella too!
Session red flagged, the part of the barrier where Kimi went backwards into has water running from it onto the track, which probably caused Fisi's spin.
Edit3: Session restarted, and now Piquet has spun and hit the barrier backwards at the same place as Kimi, not as much damage done to his car this time though.
What the 🤬? Was it raining during that practice session? Well the only thing I can say is, bring on the weather Belgium!!!!! :D But Vettel is showing his consistency in practice, which really shows he needs to be in a better team right now..... 👍

What the 🤬? Was it raining during that practice session? Well the only thing I can say is, bring on the weather Belgium!!!!! :D But Vettel is showing his consistency in practice, which really shows he needs to be in a better team right now..... 👍

Yeah, it was a wet track, looked like the barrier started letting in water from outside of the track when Kimi hit it, and it made a stream onto the track at the corner after Rivage, hence Fisi spun on it.
Dont know why Kimi and Piquet were spinning though, looked like either losing it on wet track or losing it on a bump or something couldn't really tell from the replay.

Muzz you seriously require a cutting down on the 🤬 smiley :)

Muzz you seriously require a cutting down on the 🤬 smiley :)
Well I can't say **** or s*** now can I? :rolleyes: Plus, I think using that is better that typing like this:
sLg
**** **** **** **** mother****er ****tttttt I lost my English portfolio, and apparently that's really important.... ****tttttt :ouch::banghead::irked::ouch:

Coprende?

Ardius: So did the barrier get repaired completely and is the stream of water on the track subsided? If that were to happen again during qualifying, things are about to get a little interesting........ :mischievous:

I heard this track could be shortened, just to be in one political region. This is one of the world's best race tracks. Why dumb this down (outside of trying to put this into one political region)? Can't something be negotiated for this track so that it doesn't get shortened? I don't want Spa-Francorchamps to be the best Hockenheim (as far as classic race tracks that got shortened and became infinitely less interesting since).

Anyone else see the "BOU" listed and automatically think of Thierry Boutsen?

Back