2008 Best Car Series: Holden Commodore vs Renaultsport Megane R26

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 141 comments
  • 6,570 views

Aussie vs Frenchie


  • Total voters
    79
  • Poll closed .
You can't 'correct' someone's opinion just because it doesn't match yours :lol:

I just did.:p :lol: RJ and I understand each other's style of comedy most of the time, so what looks like a fight between us to you guys is actually just joking around while simulataneously expressing our opinion.;)
 
The W427 will do low 4s, Wheels Magazine can't drive for 🤬 as they can only get a similar time to the standard GTS which has 100hp less!

The Lancer is hardly in the same class, that's worse than comparing a BMW M6 to a Nissan GT-R because they're both large coupés.

Edit: The Lancer is also smaller than a Camry.

Sorry for late reply, been busy.

But the W427 isn't even a Holden, much less a Commodore. Find me a Commodore badge on it.

And your fanboyism is just annoying now, it's getting to Poverty levels.
 
Sorry for late reply, been busy.

But the W427 isn't even a Holden, much less a Commodore. Find me a Commodore badge on it.

And your fanboyism is just annoying now, it's getting to Poverty levels.

EPIC FAIL! I'll show you fanboyism, look deep within yourself and you'll find one, it's called a moron. You love being dumb so much you have to be so all the freaking time.
 
EPIC FAIL! I'll show you fanboyism, look deep within yourself and you'll find one, it's called a moron. You love being dumb so much you have to be so all the freaking time.

Just take a deep breath, it's only a car. There are better things in this world to get angry about. Look we know you like Holden's, fine, but many people don't. You can't expect everyone to like their cars or even GM's cars for that matter. Posting like this is going to get you in trouble from the moderation staff, is a car really worth getting an infraction over?
 
I would reply but you are irrelevant.
 
Just take a deep breath, it's only a car. There are better things in this world to get angry about. Look we know you like Holden's, fine, but many people don't. You can't expect everyone to like their cars or even GM's cars for that matter. Posting like this is going to get you in trouble from the moderation staff, is a car really worth getting an infraction over?

Oh no, I think this goes deeper, this is just personal as his post is rather pointless, I'm sick and tired of the way I'm treated here.:mad:

Edit: Casio, your life is irrelevent, call back when you've done something meaningful.
 
I'm sick and tired of the way I'm treated here.:mad:
Go away then.

Casio, your life is irrelevent, call back when you've done something meaningful.

I find it pretty amazing how you know so much detail about my life to make statements like this? Please tell me how you are blessed with all this knowledge. Do you use the same powers for this as you do for 'correcting' other peoples personal opinions on cars?
 
Go away then.



I find it pretty amazing how you know so much detail about my life to make statements like this? Please tell me how you are blessed with all this knowledge. Do you use the same powers for this as you do for 'correcting' other peoples personal opinions on cars?

I know this about you by the way you post, people who post like idiots generally are, and idiots never amount to anything.
As for going away, I'm working on it.
 
Is this your way of saying:

"There is no Commodore badge on the W427" cause that would have been so much eaiser to say then your little tirade on whatever it is you're on about, which for some reason you think I care about.
 
Oh no, I think this goes deeper, this is just personal as his post is rather pointless, I'm sick and tired of the way I'm treated here.:mad:

Edit: Casio, your life is irrelevent, call back when you've done something meaningful.

Look, it's great to have passion about a vehicle or a manufacture. But you have to realise not everyone is going to like the same things, even members from the same country. I love my Cooper, but all the love in the world can't make me overlook the fact it's overpriced, has a high cost of ownership, and is not a car for everyone. As I've said before you bring a lot of this on yourself in the way you make statements towards people who dislike Holden's. I dislike all things Holden, their cars are only so-so on looks and are blessed with GM's quality issues, however I'm not going to fault you for liking them. You shouldn't fault others for disliking them.

Just relax about it and use articles to back up your claims if you are trying to make a case for your opinion. Members will give you more respect if you give it back to them.
 
I think everyone needs to step things down a notch. Especially our resident Holden fan...and those arguing with him, Particularly Casio. No need for warnings, or bans, over a car.
 
nd 4 Holden spd... I suggest you to take more then just a step back, in fact take 2. I have been in similar positions as you when I was younger on this site. It was a past user name and for the issues you have to deal with after, it's not worth the trouble.

Trying to turn things into a joke to hide your love of Holden's doesn't work and most people here can see past that. If you really truly want to not look like a fan boy, I suggest you do a couple things. One is don't quote post everything thats about Holden. The other is to not get upset about people not liking Holden. And you can say you don't care but thats hard to believe when you start making childish, insecure insults that are even more irrelevant then your posts. (Not always but in the last page this applies)

Trust me when you keep posting like this you will get banned, so don't think we are out to get you we are only trying to help you not head in this direction. I've been there its NOT fun. GTP is a great place and posting here is a great thing to do when your board. But you also get a bit of a learning experience here which is a good thing, I don't think a single member here has not learned a single thing other then maybe Famine.
 
Megane= wrong wheel drive= for. the. lose.

Riiight... So all good cars should be RWD then? That's a ridiculous idea...
 
Riiight... So all good cars should be RWD then? That's a ridiculous idea...

But a RWD 500 could be EPIC!
 
But a RWD 500 could be EPIC!

That do you?
1k_Fiat_500_03b.jpg
 
One of these cars reminds me of the Lotus Carlton.
The other makes me think of these;

xpjjGNq6PYKCc1Kpn5.jpg


I'll let you guess which I voted for.
 
Look, it's great to have passion about a vehicle or a manufacture. But you have to realise not everyone is going to like the same things, even members from the same country.

Quite right... I've had quite the reputation as a GM and VW-lover (I will not deny either), but its best to take consideration of all things and just use your knowledge of a particular product to make the best case possible. That also being said, getting out there and having a better taste of other flavors only makes your opinion of what you like better. You'll find that my position against Ford and Toyota has been lowered quite a lot since I've taken the time to know them, drive them, love them... But that doesn't mean I'll hop into bed with them either.

Chilax, be cool, and just debate the issues sensibly. Its part of what makes these threads fun, but at the same time, we've got to be respectful when doing it.
 
*Insert nonsensical rant about France here*

I voted Commodore. I like V8s.
 
Megane= wrong wheel drive= for. the. lose.

What they said.

Riiight... So all good cars should be RWD then? That's a ridiculous idea...

Reventón;3141261
When did you become of these obnoxious drifter kids? 👎

I hate how people think FWD cars can't be fun or sporty. It shows an ignorance for vehicles in general. A car can be good no matter where the power goes to.
 
I voted for the commodore. It's a great car when it works.
 
What they said.





I hate how people think FWD cars can't be fun or sporty. It shows an ignorance for vehicles in general. A car can be good no matter where the power goes to.

Yes but I'd rather oversteer into a tree not seeing what killed me than understeering into a tree and bracing for the quick painful death.

/sarcasm :lol:
 
What they said.





I hate how people think FWD cars can't be fun or sporty. It shows an ignorance for vehicles in general. A car can be good no matter where the power goes to.

I agree, because I love Hyundais and they're Front Wheel Drive and fun, well not all Hyundais are Front Wheel Drive, but they are big fun, I have a 5 year old Hyundai Elantra and I love it as much as Jesus.
 
Last edited:
I agree, because I love Hyundais and they're Front Wheel Drive and fun

NEVER say Hyundai and fun in the same sentence without a not between the two.

They are crappy FWD disposable transport for the most part, Genesis being the exception, and that has ZERO sporting intentions.

An Elantra? Seriously? >_>
 
NEVER say Hyundai and fun in the same sentence without a not between the two.

They are crappy FWD disposable transport for the most part, Genesis being the exception, and that has ZERO sporting intentions.

The i10, i30, Santa Fe and Coupe all disprove your wild claims.
 
NEVER say Hyundai and fun in the same sentence without a not between the two.

They are crappy FWD disposable transport for the most part, Genesis being the exception, and that has ZERO sporting intentions.

An Elantra? Seriously? >_>

What do you expect them to be, chick magnets?, Hyundai uses state of the art technology. If there were only FF cars in the world you would actually see that Hyundai makes pretty good cars, they're comfy, ride is smooth, and some look cute too
 
Last edited:
Look, it's great to have passion about a vehicle or a manufacture. But you have to realise not everyone is going to like the same things, even members from the same country. I love my Cooper, but all the love in the world can't make me overlook the fact it's overpriced, has a high cost of ownership, and is not a car for everyone. As I've said before you bring a lot of this on yourself in the way you make statements towards people who dislike Holden's. I dislike all things Holden, their cars are only so-so on looks and are blessed with GM's quality issues, however I'm not going to fault you for liking them. You shouldn't fault others for disliking them.

Just relax about it and use articles to back up your claims if you are trying to make a case for your opinion. Members will give you more respect if you give it back to them.

Joey, this has nothing to do with him not liking Holdens, in fact, if you notice, he said nothing about not liking Holdens in his post, instead he brings up a false claim and uses it to say my "fanboyism is getting to poverty levels now". We went from perfectly civilised conversation to an outright insulting attack on me.:grumpy:

Sorry for late reply, been busy.

But the W427 isn't even a Holden, much less a Commodore. Find me a Commodore badge on it.

And your fanboyism is just annoying now, it's getting to Poverty levels.

Originally Quoted by Motor Magazine
KING OF COMMODORES WORLD-FIRST TEST IN HSV'S 7.0-LITRE W427

If you look carefully there aren't any Commodore badges on the Calais either.:rolleyes:

nd 4 Holden spd... I suggest you to take more then just a step back, in fact take 2. I have been in similar positions as you when I was younger on this site. It was a past user name and for the issues you have to deal with after, it's not worth the trouble.

Trying to turn things into a joke to hide your love of Holden's doesn't work and most people here can see past that. If you really truly want to not look like a fan boy, I suggest you do a couple things. One is don't quote post everything thats about Holden. The other is to not get upset about people not liking Holden. And you can say you don't care but thats hard to believe when you start making childish, insecure insults that are even more irrelevant then your posts. (Not always but in the last page this applies)

Trust me when you keep posting like this you will get banned, so don't think we are out to get you we are only trying to help you not head in this direction. I've been there its NOT fun. GTP is a great place and posting here is a great thing to do when your board. But you also get a bit of a learning experience here which is a good thing, I don't think a single member here has not learned a single thing other then maybe Famine.

See above post.

NEVER say Hyundai and fun in the same sentence without a not between the two.

They are crappy FWD disposable transport for the most part, Genesis being the exception, and that has ZERO sporting intentions.

An Elantra? Seriously? >_>

Genesis Coupé has every intention of being sporty, they've even had the aftermarket tuning companies all over them to see what they might want to do.
 
The i10, i30, Santa Fe and Coupe all disprove your wild claims.

Nope. At least the Santa Fe and Tiburon/Coupe don't.

What do you expect them to be, chick magnets?, Hyundai uses state of the art technology. If there were only FF cars in the world you would actually see that Hyundai makes pretty good cars, they're comfy, ride is smooth, and some look cute too

No, I don't expect a chick magnet, but I do expect a car to be built at least decently. Last Hyundai I went near made the Brits look good, and it was a couple year old Elantra.

I see no draw to them. At all. Other than warranty coverage, but even then you're stuck in a pile of garbage for a long while for that warranty to be worth it. In fact, if it weren't for the warranty they offer, I'd call everyone who bought a new Hyundai over a couple year old American or Japanese vehicle completely insane.

The cars simply do not impress me at all.
 
Back