2008 Fuji GP

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 346 comments
The mistake Hamilton made is that he didnt completely close Massa off (as Raikonen did to Hamilton in Spa), He left a tiny bit of track open and Massa went for it.

In which case, I invoke Montreal as three or four boneheaded mistakes, even if it was one incident. Red meaning "stop" and green meaning "go" is somethng you learn from Play School.

Can't. One incident. You could count it as two since he hit two cars.

In which case, I invoke Montreal as three or four boneheaded mistakes, even if it was one incident. Red meaning "stop" and green meaning "go" is somethng you learn from Play School.

Wow. What's with the irrational, blinkered hatred of a driver that leaves someone so incapable of keeping a logical head?

And which Massa managed to do last season when he left a pitlane when the light was clearly showing red, resulting in him being disqualified.

This is quite frankly getting to the point of sillyness from you, Hamilton is not the root cause of all evil and certainly not the only F1 driver to make mistakes.

I would strongly recomend that you ensure you are aware of the mistakes made by other drivers before you start throwing stones around. I've mentioned this in the China GP thread as well, please start taking note, as you currently appear to be holding the position that any incident involving Hamilton is by default and mistake on his part (no matter what the incident) and any other incident, particulrlary if it involves a Ferrari driver is not theres.

The Massa/Hamilton incident is a clear example of this, as no matter what way you try and dress it it Massa was the driver responsiable, to try and claim that Hamilton was the one at fault flies in the face of all that is logical. This statement alone....

put himself in a position to be hit by Massa

...is a prime example. It does nothing for you credability here, nor does berating one driver as being unable to tell the difference between red and green, when your own 'prefered' driver did exactly the same thing least season.

Scaff

Last edited:
......the part I highlighted is stunning. He put himself in a position to be hit by Massa!!!!!!! That alone undermines any claim of no bias you care to make, as much as it would do to me if I claimed that Raikkonen put himslef in a position to be hit by Hamilton in the pit-lane. The difference is I would not even consider seriously putting that claim down.

Regards

Scaff

Go on Scaff, put that claim down!!!!

I though Kimi delibratly stopped his car in that position so that Lewis would have to hit him and then get a penalty for it. I thought it was all part of the Ferrari stragety for a win this year!!!!!!!!!

TMM
Go on Scaff, put that claim down!!!!

I though Kimi delibratly stopped his car in that position so that Lewis would have to hit him and then get a penalty for it. I thought it was all part of the Ferrari stragety for a win this year!!!!!!!!!

Ummmmm OK

What exactly are you trying to say here?

Scaff

Not to barge in on the party, but I do think it's interesting to note how Hamilton was penalized for something he should not have been penalized for, and so was Bourdais. The collection of these two events put Massa and Ferrari in a better position to win and/or collect points. Seems kind of fiAshing to me...

Ummmmm OK

What exactly are you trying to say here?

Scaff

I was being sarcastic, well the 2nd point was. Ofcourse I don't really think that Kimi stopped his car at that point for Lewis to hit or that it was really Ferrari's strategy for this year. I hoped it would show as an example of how ridiculous it is to blame the driver for putting his car in the way.

Seemed like a good idea at the time.

TMM
I was being sarcastic, well the 2nd point was. Ofcourse I don't really think that Kimi stopped his car at that point for Lewis to hit or that it was really Ferrari's strategy for this year. I hoped it would show as an example of how ridiculous it is to blame the driver for putting his car in the way.

Seemed like a good idea at the time.

So why direct it at me?

I never made the claim that either driver put their car in the way, 'Do you race' made that claim when he said...

put himself in a position to be hit by Massa

...I mentioned the KR incident to illustrate the same point you have made, that to blame LH for being run into would be as ridiculous as blaming KR for being run into.

If you think I made such a claim you may find you have mis-read my post, if you are agreeing with me then I have to say your post doesn't read that way to me. Hence the confusion on my part.

Regards

Scaff

Reads that way to me, Scaff.

You said 'I wouldn't seriously consider putting that claim down', and as part of his response, he obviously quoted you and then encouraged you to build upon the claim to show it's ridiculous nature.

Reads that way to me, Scaff.

You said 'I wouldn't seriously consider putting that claim down', and as part of his response, he obviously quoted you and then encouraged you to build upon the claim to show it's ridiculous nature.

Ahhh I see, a simple case of cross-communication.

What I mean by this....

'I wouldn't seriously consider putting that claim down'

...is that I would not put that claim (that KR was at fault because LH drove into the back of him) down on paper/in a post.

Just to be 100% clear, I most certainly do not believe that LH was at fault because Massa drove into him, any more than KR would be at fault because LH drove into him. To be honest I would have hoped that anyone who has read the whole thread and knows me would have been aware that I'm not one to make a statement quite that bizarre.

Regards

Scaff

So why direct it at me?

I never made the claim that either driver put their car in the way, 'Do you race' made that claim when he said...

...I mentioned the KR incident to illustrate the same point you have made, that to blame LH for being run into would be as ridiculous as blaming KR for being run into.

If you think I made such a claim you may find you have mis-read my post, if you are agreeing with me then I have to say your post doesn't read that way to me. Hence the confusion on my part.

Regards

Scaff

Apologies, I was trying to show my support for your point.

Ahhh I see, a simple case of cross-communication.

What I mean by this....

'I wouldn't seriously consider putting that claim down'

...is that I would not put that claim (that KR was at fault because LH drove into the back of him) down on paper/in a post.

Just to be 100% clear, I most certainly do not believe that LH was at fault because Massa drove into him, any more than KR would be at fault because LH drove into him. To be honest I would have hoped that anyone who has read the whole thread and knows me would have been aware that I'm not one to make a statement quite that bizarre.

Yes I realised that was what you were saying. I think my whole point backfired on me in a BIG way.

TMM
Apologies, I was trying to show my support for your point.

Yes I realised that was what you were saying. I think my whole point backfired on me in a BIG way.

Don't worry about it, it happens to us all from time to time. You shold see some of the nonsense I have posted when I've been in a hurry.

👍

Scaff

OK so 'in a hurry' is just code for 'drunk beyond all reason'; but I do have to keep up some sort of pretence.

:crazy:

Scaff

Funny you should say that cos 'drunk beyond all reason' is code for 'P3nT is awake'

small world :D

Back