2008 Launch Thread

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Lee, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

2. Metar

Metar

It's not yet a launch, but a look at the Melbourne preparations in the Aguri garage reveal a the same livery as last year, apart from red rims:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

Not quite: they're only running Samantha Kingz sponsorship; there's no sign of Four Leaf (whih is a shame because that actually looked pretty good).

4. Sureboss

Sureboss Premium

I think Nakijima's pitcrew could have used those jackets last season.

5. Robin

Robin Premium

Those guys make it look like they are redecorating someones kitchen! :lol:

6. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

a normal person seeing these cars wouldn't believe their eyes what they are just seeing, "THOSE ARE SAFETY CARS??!!" :drool:

7. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

Well, it's not really a launch per se, but the Super Aguris have been sighted out and about. I can't realy tell much about the design of the thing - I'm certain that if they're running the RA107, they upgraded it (who wouldn't?) - as there aren't any clear shots, but livery-wise, there's not much different. As can be seen here, they've added black into the red-and-white mix, but it's largely the same as 2007. This second photo and this one make the car look as if it's almost sponsor-free. Sure, they're running Honda, Autobacs and Samantha Kingz, but that's about it and none of them are particularly prominent. I can't see them making much money out of sponsors if this is what they're running, so I'm guessing this is an interim livery of sorts.

Force India have also made a minor livery change, substituting the tungsten colour in favour of orange - which looks better - for their Kingfisher sponsorship. I'm just wondering what Ethiad think about being forced to share space with a rival airliner ...

8. mustang245

mustang245 (Banned)

:)The jackman for sure!

9. Metar

Metar

Very minor updates on the car - a third plane on the front wing, added tiny winglets in front of the mirrors... And that's it. Doesn't look like the RA07, though, but more like yet another update of the SA07B - notice the very un-RA07ish front nosecone - far longer than the RA07's - and an overall longer, sleeker car. Still no bargeboards, though, and very large, outdates sidepods:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Etihad now sponsors Ferrari, who launched a rather terrible non-tobacco livery:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And with FIF1's livery change, look how similar the McLaren livery looks:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]