2008 Launch Thread

• Thread starter Lee
  • 458 comments
Here's my favorite picture from the launch.

93022.jpg
Is this the world's first known case of racing-driver-slash-model?

Watch thy language laddie 👍

I think that's the 2nd best looking car of this year so far. The first being Toyota's TF108, very ncie paintjob on that :D

Man that Williams sure is something, it would have looked even better if they kept Lonovo on the sidepods though..

Love the look, although I keep double taking the side rear wing sponsor, it looks so much like Alfa Romeo..

Watch thy language laddie 👍

I think that's the 2nd best looking car of this year so far. The first being Toyota's TF108, very ncie paintjob on that :D

You serious about the Toyota? :lol:

I can't even remeber the toyota livery!

On another note Mclarens is literally identical to last years (still look amazing) but they keep toning down the chrome (probably blinds drivers) :(

You know, if Toyota incorporated the gray of their jumpsuits into the car's paintjob, it wouldn't look so bad. That, plus a better use of blue accenting, would give the livery the extra dimension it so desperately needs.

I think in the NA rounds (Canada and USA, if they ever return there), the toyota should have Lexus branding, like Honda did with Acura. Maybe a change in colour scheme would be nice too. I was talking about it with my dad last night and we thought maybe have the car in black with the flashes on the car coloured silver and red.

Any ideas?

Lexus? Ummmm... Probably a dark Blue, kinda like the Prosts of 2000 with some white lines over the place.

Seems to me their problem is performance, not paint job.

No, they just have team orders to drive that way so that their sponsors get more track-time. Trust me, if Toyota wanted to win F1, they would build the car to win it and the robots to drive it.

Back