2008 Montreal Grand Prix

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 376 comments
I apologize for the unnecessary argument. I suppose that you are somewhat right, since this race was kind of like Hungary 2006 except on a slightly smaller scale.

I must admit, having just seen the video review over at F1.com, that double-pass by Massa in the hairpin has to qualify as one of the best ovrtaking moves ever. I couldn't tell who he was taking, much less if he was racing them or merely lapping them, but if he was racing for position - and judging by the reactions of the pit crew, he was - then it's one of the best passes I've ever seen, even if he was a fraction on the inside.

I just watched a video of the pass again and have to say that was a most excellent pass. Getting the car in that position and getting it to stick was a marvelous bit of driving by Massa. Great job! 👍

Have you guys seen the video of the brave gopher?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo62u0TgfbA&watch_response

Lucky little fellow!

That was great. 👍

BTW: It's a groundhog/woodchuck:

Is that a beaver?

No, its a marmot, AKA groundhog, AKA woodchuck. It is a large rodent most closely related to the Squirrel, but a good deal larger.

There is a large family of them that live on the island... which is particularly odd as they normally live in mountainous regions. This isn't the first time they have appeared during the Canadian GP event. I'm surprised they have not removed them from the island as I seriously doubt they are native to the island, and they could cause a serious accident!

I'd rather swim to land than risk my life in front of Ralf and Anthony.

:lol:👍

And unfortunately there are so many on that island that every F1 race there are a few dare devils that op-up by the track and even occasionaly try and cross:

Kubica wasnt the only one to have a lucky escape, note the guy in white down the bottom:

There was an even closer call earlier...

:)

This was the slow-motion footage. I'm trying to find if anyone posted the overhead real-time footage, as that really put it in perspective how fast Ralf was going and how close that varmit came to being the dinner special at Villeneuve's restaurant.

For more animal encounters with F1 cars:

BTW: Check out Metar's new avatar and GTP title... :lol:

Italian speech, but I think this is prety self explanatory... :D

accident.jpg

i love the drawing though i think they should have added stick figures to show hamilton not paying attention and kimi sitting at the light patiently

Back