2009 ADAC Zurich 24h (24h of Nürburgring)

thank you so much.

I have really enjoyed hanging with you guys over the last 30 hours 👍 :)

If there is another 24hr race that has live video feed, feel free to contact me and I'll join the party.

I shall continue to find a vidoe live feed of the Le Mans in 3 weekss

Le Mans should be great, with potential of nine cars, maybe more fighting for the overall win. No diesel Astra estates though.

Yes, I will be following the Le Mans 24 hours in June. I will be joining the N24H group too 👍

You mean 9 Diesels are starting in Le Mans?

No but actually there's more than nine that can compete.

3 Factory Audi R15's
2 Private Audi R10's
3 Peugeot 908's
1 Pescarolo 908'
3 Factory Astons
2 Orecas
2 Pescarolo's
1 Lola Aston.

Great driving for Sciroccos, shame about the Sainz car though. Great run for the V12 Vantage aswell.

Please if anyone finds out if theres a live video feed, remember the name and PM ME!!!!.

I love Le Mans but the most I've ever seen was a half hour highlights show on a plane to England.:nervous:

Hope to see you guys soon with the next enduro......feel free to add me as a friend if you want to 👍

Okay guys!
Thanks a lot for the time.

I hope we see us soon again.
Have a great time and take care guys.

Greetings from Germany

Matthias

I've had a great time here with you all on my first 24hr event. Thanks to everyone who has posted updates and links. Loved every minute of it:tup:
Hopefully we'll all be able to do this again next year!

Cheers Guys:)👍

Much better than the F1 race this weekend I must say. Once again thanks again, thanks guys, really good fun following this race. 👍

This discussion we've had here has made me feel like I'm there anyway. It's the second best thing to being there anyway.

I feel like I've done a 24 Hour race anyway. I'd like to the RLM for the commentary, God for the weather, the guy who designed the 'Ring, the ADAC and my Mum for making a great Sunday Roast.

I'm gutted that I missed the last hour or so of the race, but I loved every second of it which I was watching. This wasn't my first 24 Hour race following, as I followed Le Mans last year, but this was more fun. I'm now eagerly awaiting Le Mans.

I think for me (and this applies to all sport) all I need to do is a pick a few people to support to help get me into the event as a spectator. I normally pick a favourite, wild card and a underdog. That way if one has problems I still have others to support. In this case it was the Audi's (favourites) Ford GT (wild card) Scirocco's (underdogs) of the ones on the live timing sheet, bear in mind I missed the first 3 hours of the race.

I am hoping to do the same for Le mans but doing a bit more research in advance on who I want to support. I can't wait.

I would have followed it more closely if there was any way for me to watch it (live feeds don't work for me, my connection's too slow). Now excuse me, I must check how the Holden went.:P

I'm gutted that I missed the last hour or so of the race, but I loved every second of it which I was watching. This wasn't my first 24 Hour race following, as I followed Le Mans last year, but this was more fun. I'm now eagerly awaiting Le Mans.

Do you mean follow as in watch a live feed?

Morning all :)

Now that i've caught back up with my sleep, (well I actually fell asleep during the F1 I'd recorded to watch after the N24, this in itself probably had more to do with the F1 procession than sleep deprivation ;)) I thought it would be nice to return to the thread to say what a great event this was and a big thankyou to all the knowledgable people I shared it with. 👍

The race itself was a classic in the true sence of the word, the Manthey team won again, but they didn't have the dominace as seen in the past. The Audi R8's really put up a fight, with the #97 finishing only one lap behind the record breaking 155 set by the 911. "Will the king be dethroned" well maybe next year.:)

A big thankyou to all the people who contributed to making this thread what it was/is, with 28 pages, 550 post and 5750 views and all within 4 day's, only amar212 could lay claim to a faster moving thread.

See you all at Le Mans

Grenade

I just can't get over the quality of racing from this. The Manthey Porsche is so smooth it's unbelievable, obviously I am a little biased but it can be seen that the GT is alot sloppier.

The Ford GT looks great racing

I hope Ford makes a factory effort with the car at Le Mans in GT2. Break up the 911 vs F430 battles that's been going on for so long

Drivers

Car1
Scott Pruett
David Donahue
Buddy Rice

Car2
Patrick Long
Alex Gurney
Jon Fogarty

I can dream, can't I?

You forgot 2 words there Earth...

Sponsor: Gulf

;)

I just can't get over the quality of racing from this. The Manthey Porsche is so smooth it's unbelievable, obviously I am a little biased but it can be seen that the GT is alot sloppier.

It may be worth mensioning that the Porsche is a detuned GT2 car, while the Ford is a full fledged GT3 car.

I suspect there won´t be any factory Fords at Le Mans, but we´ll probably see the Matech GT1´s there come next year.

Back