2009 GT5P Updates Wishlist!

Actually I see a lot og people on here thinking that PD owes us something when they dont. We have more than some full priced racing games out there.

well no offense but actually you guys are acting like PD was your mum.. Theres no excuse that they are simply not communicating and that we dont have the most basic online features

And who said they had to? All updating prologue does is delay the full game - and delay PD making M-O-N-E-Y, which is kinda what they need to go on making games in general. They don't owe any of us anything, the prologue is at a point now where the driving experience is easily the best on PS3, and its still a damn PREVIEW! Why would some cry-babies on a forum (who all to easily get swept up in heresay) have any influence over a major company? PD will be working very hard right now to get YOUR precious game finished, not keep updating the damn demo!

Go outside or read a book or something if it bothers you that much.

Yes, i know it is a DAMN PREVIEW but it is also DAMN 2008 GAME without BASIC online feature.
i dont want them to keep updating prologue forever but what is so hard about this? : "Expect next update around mid february with theese features... and it will be the last one" eh? And dont worry i have much better things to do (or other games to play) but one sentence would end theese non sense speculations

Yes, i know it is a DAMN PREVIEW but it is also DAMN 2008 GAME without BASIC online feature.
i dont want them to keep updating prologue forever but what is so hard about this? : "Expect next update around mid february with theese features... and it will be the last one" eh? And dont worry i have much better things to do (or other games to play) but one sentence would end theese non sense speculations

Its PD first online demo/game so there were never going to get it right. If they announce a date for another update and then they have a problem and delay it the forums will be filled with more complaining just like Playstation Home and then Socom in the UK.

Well..that is true and sad that this is their first online game. But don get me wrong i started playing after a month and i really like new online events..
Back to studying..see you guys on the track during holidays :)

A lot of people is saying damage, weather effects...., probably we will have those on the final GT5. But these updates will not keep me playing more time. What I really need is a new circuit and a couple of race cars (not tuned) RE Ameniya or something like that (JGTC).

Actually I see a lot og people on here thinking that PD owes us something when they dont. We have more than some full priced racing games out there.
I haven't posted in a while but I simply had to respond to this because its rubbish!

After spending £25 on Prologue I SHOULD fully expect to be able to race against my friends. What I shouldn't have to do is switch my Xbox 360 on to talk to my friends whilst we're playing Prologue. I have actually known demos consist of far more online content and this was for free with COD W@W being a very good example.

I was reading an article a few weeks ago and I think I know why the online features have been lacking on Prologue. It never made sense to me why PD released an update consisting of 3 cars when many wanted private rooms but it does now. This article said online gaming via consoles isn't very big in Japan. Now considering Kaz by his own admission doesn't look at other racing games I feel he has underestimated how much we wanted private rooms. I believe is it a huge mistake if you don't listen to those playing your games and its also a mistake not following other racing games. A majority of developers look at other games but for some reason PD don't!

Kaz and PD need to move with the times. Many gamers now expect online content to be as important as gameplay, graphics. If they release GT5 with very few online features it will fail within 6 months. I will add that only those who are Xbox live members will know what im on about because MS have illustrated how online gaming should be done!

Thankfully Race Pro is out in Jan. This might not have the realisim or graphics like Prologue but at least I can race & talk with my friends!

I haven't posted in a while but I simply had to respond to this because its rubbish!

After spending £25 on Prologue I SHOULD fully expect to be able to race against my friends. What I shouldn't have to do is switch my Xbox 360 on to talk to my friends whilst we're playing Prologue. I have actually known demos consist of far more online content and this was for free with COD W@W being a very good example.

I was reading an article a few weeks ago and I think I know why the online features have been lacking on Prologue. It never made sense to me why PD released an update consisting of 3 cars when many wanted private rooms but it does now. This article said online gaming via consoles isn't very big in Japan. Now considering Kaz by his own admission doesn't look at other racing games I feel he has underestimated how much we wanted private rooms. I believe is it a huge mistake if you don't listen to those playing your games and its also a mistake not following other racing games. A majority of developers look at other games but for some reason PD don't!

Kaz and PD need to move with the times. Many gamers now expect online content to be as important as gameplay, graphics. If they release GT5 with very few online features it will fail within 6 months. I will add that only those who are Xbox live members will know what im on about because MS have illustrated how online gaming should be done!

Thankfully Race Pro is out in Jan. This might not have the realisim or graphics like Prologue but at least I can race & talk with my friends!

So, if I understand you correctly, you are going to pay for a full game that doesn’t match the “realism” and “graphics” of a simple demo?:ouch:

Sure,YK is well aware of the importance of connecting player with each other and I would be surprised if what we have at this time is the best PD can come with. Also, even thought Japanese manufacturers have a solid representation within the game, I doubt that the GT project is developed for (around) national market (issues).

As for following the move and other developers, I just hope they don’t. Imagine the economic/strategic model of a recent games like LBP transposed to a GT full game with hundreds of cars and dozens of tracks. Imagine 0,99 a car and say 3,99 a track...:lol:

Go cry it off. You paid £25 euro for the game not full price. PD dont owe us anything. Weve already got a whole lot more than you would normally get in a demo. I would agree with you that you are owed something but just look at what GT5P started out with and look at what you have now. They almost doubled the ammount of cars we have , we got anotherr track , they tweaked the physics and they tweaked the sound. Sometimes I think you guys expect to get the full GT5 for what you paid for Prologue :rolleyes:

however also if this is a prologue, its the best enjoing gt that i ever played, and this why???? cuz they put online time trial... i spend all my time playing it..

however also if this is a prologue, its the best enjoing gt that i ever played, and this why???? cuz they put online time trial... i spend all my time playing it..

I agree, I'm constantly doing online Time Trials. Especially in the Ferrari F2007. I only do online racing when my PSN friends are racing as well. Otherwise I drive Time Trials non-stop.

Well, looks like youre going to be playing your Xbox more... Enjoy...

PD is something like the T-Rex of racing games in the console market. Very powerful, when he gets there he owns the place.

But also very slow and clumsy, and that gives other smaller carnivores (MS being something like the Velociraptor in this fable) some meet to chew.

I'm not worried, I still fire up GT5P from time to time just to don't lose completely some "know how" about driving it.

And PD isn't secretive because they don't care for us. They're secretive because they really don't know when they're going to release GT5. I prefer them to say nothing, because when they do say they fail. This all thread (the big FALL update) only exists because they "dared" to say a few things they couldn't keep.

If you like GT5P as it is, play it. If you don't, play something else. This isn't a tragedy ...

+1 hun. Plus i'd like people to answer this question, how many other low price games (whether demo or full) have given you free extra content and improved game play downloads?

I am not complaining, but I really need a new track, not the ring, but maybe Grand Valley, or Le Mans, a long one. I keep playing every week. I do not want to loose the touch.

I would be very pleased to pay for 'extra-content', like one good track/5-10$... or much more for a good 'beta-update to GT5'

To me, every night at home playing GT5P, saves something like 40-60$, which in other case goes to local bar...

So example, Grand Valley would keep me something like two times in a month behind wheel rather than drinking beer with friends... 50$ X 12month = 600$

Please Sony... take my moneys. You need it!

I believe is it a huge mistake if you don't listen to those playing your games and its also a mistake not following other racing games. A majority of developers look at other games but for some reason PD don't!

I agree. One of the biggest rules when you produce any type of product (whether it's a game, movie or a tv show) is that you have to look at what works and what doesn't. It's just a smart thing to do to ensure you come up with a better product.

When it comes to online gaming, PD really needs to look at what else is being offered.

You guys must be kidding, of course PD checks other games, they have to. In fact, I am very much convinced they checked very carefully Enthusia Professional Racing, given how GT5P's physics changed so drastically (in the right direction) from what we had in GT4.

I'm sure that the physics "overhaul" we had didn't come from consulting the GT4 forum here, where 99,99% of the users claimed that GT4 had the best physics in PS2 racing games :sly:

I get pretty bored of people moaning about the lack of content in GT5P. It makes me wonder how many times someone will have to say "it's a demo" before it sinks in.

The following is aimed at everyone, and no-one. Interpret each line as you see fit.

No, the game isn't perfect.
No, by making tweaks to GT5P it isn't taking time away from the full GT5, it's helping it.
No, £25 really isn't a lot for what GT5P offers. Not to mention we have got a number of small updates so far and haven't had to pay a penny extra.
Yes, it's a shame the "fall update" wasn't a bit bigger
Yes, we're all a little disappointed by that
No, we don't care if you're playing another game in the meantime, that's your perogative and we aren't all going to cry because you've thrown your toys out of the pram.
Yes, I know you want flipping private rooms. We all do.
Yes, you're going to have to wait for flipping private rooms. You aren't the only one so quit moaning.
And yes, it's only a sodding demo. And a damn good one at that. Live with it.

I hope this answers a few unanswered questions. And to all "new members", welcome :) - but have a jolly good read through the thread first please, because so much of what's being said is being repeated over, and over, and over, and over again.

And try and look at the glass half full, rather than half empty 👍

I would be very pleased to pay for 'extra-content', like one good track/5-10$... or much more for a good 'beta-update to GT5'

Yes, I'm the same. I would even pay $50 for Nordschleife alone right now! And I bet there's many people like me.

I get pretty bored of people moaning about the lack of content in GT5P. It makes me wonder how many times someone will have to say "it's a demo" before it sinks in.

But worse thing is that we all are getting bored by the game itself. And yet once, it's a demo, but I can only hope that this argument will never be used again, because this demo is PAID! And by me, twice. Once Japanese and yet once Pal.

And remember, if we all weren't moaning, PD probably never think about online at all!

But worse thing is that we all are getting bored by the game itself. And yet once, it's a demo, but I can only hope that this argument will never be used again, because this demo is PAID! And by me, twice. Once Japanese and yet once Pal.

And remember, if we all weren't moaning, PD probably never think about online at all!

It is very true, that if people just accepted things for what they were and excepted what they have, things would never move forward and we wouldn't want that. However dispite the lack of tracks, I don't think I have played a game as much as GT5p, so they must have done some thing right, of course I want more, who doesn't, I think the game is pretty good. However until PD communicate their plans better, this type of thread is going to exist a lot, as people are impatient ( I will admit I am ) and want everything and they want it now. Especially when they are left to wonder and guess what is going to happen, in truth only PD know, the question is will they ever tell us?

Yes, I'm the same. I would even pay $50 for Nordschleife alone right now! And I bet there's many people like me.

Heh... in fact, I also would be ready to pay much more than 5-10$ for some classic GT-tracks each. I just did not say more than that, cause we have here so many people who liked to have everything free, or almost that.

Well, I dont spend money for almost nothing, and I have somekind of job, so I have littlebit forgotten those high-school times when every penny was counted.

Some car-games had 'new cars-package' while ago. If I remember right, it paid something like 10$, and there were quite many cars. I dont see there anything bad to charge things like that.

Come on Sony... I know you wanted to do that 'sell out' ;)

There is nothing wrong with charging for EXTRA content as long as the pricing is reasonable, but if you take a look at the PS store, everything is over priced and I am worried that will happen if downloadable content is introduced for GT5p or GT5. As the saying goes, give someone an inch and they will take a mile.

Back