2009 GT5P Updates Wishlist!

I agree... there will probably be a flood of noobs coming online around that time... So a wide variety of events in Expert level would be great... maybe in the range like 500, 600, 750 and 800 PP races... then you have pretty much the full range... low PP racing and High speed racing... :) but we'll have to wait and see what they come with... Because its always a surprise with PD and always the opposite of what you expect... must be the Japanese mentality :D

I have thought about a lot of that mentality thing also, past months. Variety of events has been terrible, and mostly based on monster cars. That's also the picture in my mind about Japanese racing culture... what more HP's, that better.

In PD, the person who decide events, is seemingly some kind of Horsepower-fanboy, and he dont realise that most enjoyable races are created with cars, what are realisticly compaired to most of our skills. Good example is mr_Volcanos RX-7 Cup, cause so many of us can drive that car equally, and small mistakes dont end up to grass everytime.

TURBO
Fingers crossed for 600pp suzuka with S1 tires.

Yep. ...and same track for all the HP-fans 750PP with S3-R2 tires.

600PP with S1 tyres, and 750PP with S3-R2, would be great two race-classes to keep on at same time. Both should have Suzuka, Fuji, and Daytona Road for available. It's only 6 events, and it would be so much easier to set up track-meetings, cause we have no privaterooms.

Last edited:
n1uu5x.jpg

Nice. Nothing more need be said.

Yeah, PD isnt in anyway obliged to deliver anything other than whats stated on the box but its the fact that KY has been mouthing so much about things like damage guarenteed in Prologue thats caused the problem.

Robin.

Yeah, PD isnt in anyway obliged to deliver anything other than whats stated on the box but its the fact that KY has been mouthing so much about things like damage guarenteed in Prologue thats caused the problem.

Robin.

I dont think KY said damage was guarenteed for prologue.

So in other words all of us should shut up and not discuss the fact that we'd like more download content etc?

No, that's not the point at all. He's not complaining about people who want more. He's complaining about people who are angry that PD is failing to provide things that PD NEVER promised to provide. There's a difference if you choose to see it.

I dont think KY said damage was guarenteed for prologue.

Most interviews I have read he definately guarentees damage for Prologue. Whether that update comes after GT5 is released or not is another thing! :lol:

Well we are technically down to 2 days left in the fall season , clock is ticking , although I am not holding my breath

Mustering as much sympathy as I can for a multi-million dollar corporation, it must be hard to see your every effort and offering swallowed in micro-seconds by the slavering beast of consumer gamers, whilst seconds later, without missing a beat, the beast wipes its chin and demands "More! Now!"

But unfortunately, as long as PDs target market is the human race, they will have to suffer the same brow-beating as everyone else that produces anything. We whinge because we can and no ammount of massaging and lavishing of goodies will shut us up.

I will say this though - step back a few years and have a go on Namco Pole Position, then come back and tell me how unhappy you are with GT5P :) We're spoiled these days by eye candy and realism and huge games... and what brats we have become. Merry Christmas folks. Maybe wishing PD one instead of attacking them, and they will reward us with gifts..?

Maybe wishing PD one instead of attacking them, and they will reward us with gifts..?

Yes you are right games have come on a long way but - thats life: everything else has as well.

I'm all up for wishing PD a Happy Christmas but lets face facts here it wouldn't be an issue for them to release a few cars and maybe a few tracks to keep us (the most important people) happy over the Christmas period.

If they did, Ohh I'd shower them with as many compliments as humanly possible!!!

But if they only give us a poxy update of on-line races then I'm afraid most people on here will think that PD well and truly have not got a clue.

The way they like to announce things at the last minute - god it's like being a little kid - I don't want a surprise I want proper information!!!

Most people who play GT now are quite mature and would like a schedule so that they can plan things around it.

Thinking about it I'd rather them not release a bloody prologue it turned out to be the most frustrating thing a gamer whos into cars has had to deal with.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - The biggest tease in the world.

Sony still have to play catch up and Microsoft deserve praise along with Turn 10 and Bizzare for what X360 done to racing games and online communities not to mention FM2 redefining what can be done with an online racing game and community with its custome cars, marketplace and community website all incorporating it together.

This is a very good point. When Gran Turismo was first released, it blew away the competition with its vast range of options, fantastic graphics and realistic physics. Over the years the physics and graphics have improved, but the actual options have stayed the same, you could even say they have stagnated, or even gone back a little. I still long for a return of the gear setups screen from GT1, the option to manage the turbo stage, and the FAR superior BHP chart (compared to GT5:P).

I also think that it is right that we (loyal gamers), should complain to Sony about the state of GT5:P. Gran Turismo for a long time has had no equal, now though, its starting to lose its place on the podium. Great graphics and realistic physics just arn't good enough any more. Whilst there are games out there on the 360 and PC that have embraced the qualities of the net, and in some way become social games, GT5:P on the other hand, is as advanced online as a game made in the late 90's.

It's OK saying that GT5 will be this, or GT5 will be that, but what evidence do you have other than past performance? Apparently (I say that tongue in cheek), GT5 is coming out next Christmas. Surely PD should be in a position to start showing off what they have, but what have we got? Nothing, not a single thing. They are too busy hyping up GT5:P showing it off running at 240fps on fancy new tellys, wouldn't it of been better to show off GT5 running at 240fps?

I brought my PS3 on the assumption that GT5 would be the game that ends all games, I still believe that it could be, but the serious lack of anything concrete does little make me feel that it will be.

It has been said a gazillion times that GT5:P is 'just a demo'. I agree it is too, but a demo of what? From my understanding of demo's (and I've played plenty over the years), I can honestly say that if GT5:P IS a demo of GT5, then we are all in for a rude awakening! What some of you are saying GT5 will be is nothing at all like GT5:P is right now! The final game will have to be something completely different for what has been said so far to be true. We must remember too, that a Demo is just that, a demonstration of a future product, and I can honestly say hand on heart, that I have yet to see a demo that is vastly different to the finished game.

One last thing, what ever happened to the Gran Turismo 5 vision? Looking at that video makes me wonder why GT5:P is like it is. Admittedly, PD were never going to include everything in GT5:P, but they could of included some of it, but they chose not to. On some parts of the video, you can clearly see more than 16 cars on the track. Look at the pit lane on the Daytona Oval, it is pant wettingly gorgeous, but where is it? I know there is no option to pit in the game, but they still could of included the guys on the other side of the pit wall, but they are nowhere to be seen. Was the vision all just wishful thinking?

Robin.

I agree to a point that some have moaned about things that shouldnt be considered or making dumb comparisons. These things always happen in threads. However your also right in that we have every right to expect more because weve been told that more will come. As per usual PD or KY himself are never quite specific regarding dates or details and do seem to like to just announce something very close to its release as a surprise.

The spec II update is proof of this with the additional cars and track only coming to light shortly before it appeared. So indeed in certain aspects Prologue has come quite along way since its original Japanese release. At the same time the online play has many flaws and thiers been next to no improvements or additional options since the PP appeared. Surely it wouldnt be that hard to implement a system were shortcuts arnt possible, were the 10 second penaly doesnt effect innocent minor rubbing and in these respects GT5P is very limited. As a next gen vision of what is to come from the full product as mentioned above it does very little to inspire us the GT5 will indeed be a great and vastly improved racing experience.

I disagree regarding this thread and the recent whats on the box point being made. Sorry amar and admins but its got nothing to do with whats printed on the box and the thread itself is titled regarding the "FALL UPDATE" so thats what should be discussed and at least some of us are merely wishing or hoping but since when was that a crime?

A bit of common sense is needed for sure but at the same time should we be criticised for criticising PD's utter lack of continued information regarding the product. Most peoples frustration including my own is the uncertainty and with patience running out for something weve been led to believe to expect around this time...

Some will get really annoyed and wound up if nothing appears but thats their problem but every week that passes is a week closer till something does.
A small update would be nice that would increase the online fuctionality or gameplay...

onlinefeaturesns2.jpg

Last edited:

Its funny that KY has the options for friends list, a game lobby, and voice chat pencilled in for GT5, didn't he think we would need them in GT5:P? I'm also assuming that the race builder will be private rooms?

Some of the features on that list could of easily been included in GT5:P. For instance the spectator mode, the previously mentioned friends options, and maybe even the number plate editor. Why weren't they?

As for the club builder, I have a few reservations about that. I noticed on Home that there is an option to form a club there too. At the moment, its free, but Sony are planning to roll it out as a monthly subscription option. it seems that Sony are trying to monetize everything.

Im more interested in the livery editor, team builder & photo stuff but i doubt we will see anything except photos and i mean GT5 not Prologue. Also note the HD logo, this stuff is just concept, nothing promised or planned...

You have to remember that they cant add many features to Prologue as if they do then this will distract many from even bothering to get GT5.

My guess is the lack of private rooms is intentional and it may even not appear on GT5P. If Prologue offered the online features that many full games support and people have moaned and moaned for then lots of people may just be happy with that and not bother with GT5 at all. It could hinder its sales and I cant see them wanting to do that.

I expect GT5 to improve alot over what we are currently experiencing and this includes graphics/effects,weather,damage and improved car /tyre physics etc.

It would be nice if Prologue advanced with an update in the future to bring the game on par to what GT5 will actually be like in its finalised "game engine" form.

At the same time I wonder why they dont add tyre wear next and a pit stop system to the online races.

One last thing, what ever happened to the Gran Turismo 5 vision? Looking at that video makes me wonder why GT5:P is like it is. Admittedly, PD were never going to include everything in GT5:P, but they could of included some of it, but they chose not to. On some parts of the video, you can clearly see more than 16 cars on the track. Look at the pit lane on the Daytona Oval, it is pant wettingly gorgeous, but where is it? I know there is no option to pit in the game, but they still could of included the guys on the other side of the pit wall, but they are nowhere to be seen. Was the vision all just wishful thinking?

It was never Gran Turismo 5 vision.
The Vision GT videos were nothing more than videos to show something KY would like to see in a future GT and for advertisement (people talked about Gran Turismo).
Also the pit-lane you see there is not Daytona, its Motegi and EVERYTHING is GT4 except the Lancer and RX-7. All the other cars and tracks were imported from the GT4 engine to make a nice looking trailer.
So the answer to your question is: Yes.

EDIT: And also saying "they could have included ..." is not correct, it all takes development time, and hardware power.
Its not like, click on button A and you get feature F in the game.

Last edited:
I think some of you guys are worrying needlessly.

There are two years between the original launch of GT5:Prologue, to say a Christmas 2009 release date (far from definite!) for GT5. That is a long time for PD to implement much of what we are expecting. Yes, Prologue hasn't changed that much in a year but I have the feeling that a lot is being held back for the full release. Even if the release of another Prologue update was imminent, we wouldn't know.

PD like to keep things quiet and like to surprise us. Unfortunately, some of us are losing patience. I think we should have faith that PD will deliver a great experience. I believe most if not all of those features in the presentation posted above with Kaz will be delivered. Two years is time enough to get a decent amount implemented. Just because it hasn't been added to Prologue it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It was never Gran Turismo 5 vision.
The Vision GT videos were nothing more than videos to show something KY would like to see in a future GT and for advertisement (people talked about Gran Turismo).
Also the pit-lane you see there is not Daytona, its Motegi and EVERYTHING is GT4 except the Lancer and RX-7. All the other cars and tracks were imported from the GT4 engine to make a nice looking trailer.
So the answer to your question is: Yes.

EDIT: And also saying "they could have included ..." is not correct, it all takes development time, and hardware power.
Its not like, click on button A and you get feature F in the game.

LOL, my mistake about the Montegi pit lane. 👍

As for the point and click thing, your right, but think, which is harder? Developing a lush car interior, or including voice chat? I'll commend PD for going to town on the Graphics and the physics, but those 'little things' I mentioned wouldn't take so long to include.

In fact, I would of though that the PS3 development kits would already have a basic structure for deploying voice chat, friends list, or a lobby. Judging by the inconsistency between all games on the PS3 in that area, it is clear that Sony didn't think that it was that important.

Surely PD should be in a position to start showing off what they have, but what have we got?

I would bet that at E3 or TGS next year there will some announcment, but its not PD's fault theres no info, it will be sony holding the info back for shows like E3 and TGS.

I pretty much agree with what Magburner said, sure GT many the best graphics and physics compeared to forza, but gt is lacking the features...

Yeah but the full GT isnt even out, no onw knows if GT5 will still lack the features.
I mean, compare GT4 Prologue to the full GT4 and that was on the PS2.
Most PlayStation 3 games where you could follow the development, improved a lot in the last 6 month, graphics AND content wise.

And to be honest, if i can get a GT4+the new graphics+the new physics+the new cars+cockpit view, i would still pay 60-70€ for it.
Just alone for the possibility to drive with a 787B in cockpit view through Le Mans, or with a G.T.350 around El Capitan.

I pretty much agree with what Magburner said, sure GT many the best graphics and physics compeared to forza, but gt is lacking the features...

But GT5P is a demo and has no way near all the features that are going to be in the full game so you cant really compare a demo to forza.

The real problem here is not about updating GT5P. It's the fact that GT5 is overdue.

GT4 was released on the 26th of December 2004 in Japan. That's four whole years ago. That's easily the longest gap between major GT releases.

If they make December 2009 you can bet it will be Japan first. Unless there's a simultaneous world wide release we won't get it until early 2010 and that's if PD are not late releasing it in the first place.

The real problem here is not about updating GT5P. It's the fact that GT5 is overdue.

GT4 was released on the 26th of December 2004 in Japan. That's four whole years ago. That's easily the longest gap between major GT releases.

If they make December 2009 you can bet it will be Japan first. Unless there's a simultaneous world wide release we won't get it until early 2010 and that's if PD are not late releasing it in the first place.

No i think if GT5 is coming in 2009 theres a 99% chance Sony will push for a christmas release since it bigger in the EU.

Well it was also over 3 years between GT3 and 4.

Since GT4, PD or KY, or Sony, or all of them, have had their fingers in so many pies, that they are in danger of cross contamination! :lol: Just look at the games they have produced, or have claimed they were going to produce.

Tourist Trophy
Gran Turismo for the PSP (vapourware)
Gran Turismo for boys (yet more vapourware)
Gran Turismo HD
Gran Turismo 5:Prologue
GT5 (borderline vapourware)

Then there is the other things they have been involved in:

Drift competition
24 hour Dubai Race competition
Nissan GTR instrument development and test drive
GT:TV
Sponsorship of the Nurburgring 24Hr
That Swanky car show (where the winning car gets included in a forth coming game.)
100 billion contradictory interviews.
GT5:P running at 240fps on FED displays.
Home intergration

I may of missed a few things in this list, but I reckon one of the reasons why GT5 is so delayed is because they have been too busy living the high life and not spending the time in the studio developing the game.

I know that KY is an astonishing developer with legendary vision, but he seems to be living a rock and roll life style! Seriously, how many other game developers are as ubiquitous as KY? He practically lives his life in full view of the media!

Polyphony Digital is not only Kazunori Yamauchi, marketing is his job as a producer.
KY doesnt develope, he wont sit behind a pc programming cars and tracks, just like ALL the teams that work on the stuff you listed.

Well it was also over 3 years between GT3 and 4.

It was 2 years 8 months between Japanese releases of GT3 and GT4. It's 4 years since GT4's Japanese release now. It will be 5 years in December 2009. That's too long.

It doesn't help with all the other stuff Magburner mentioned. Especially when it's the main games that rack up the major sales figures.

You'd think that people have nothing else to do but play the GT series. Even if the game is taking ages, who cares? When it arrives all will be forgotten.

Until then, get on with life and play other games.

Back